Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-11-2013, 08:11 AM   #81
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick;13[LIST
[/LIST]18648]Why not for Lebron while we are at it?
Okay I'm down

pass the rock to the german moses
jamaljasonandjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2013, 08:36 AM   #82
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

I just wanted to share with everyone the weird dream I had last night. Shawn Bradley was back on the Mavs and the guy was all over the court blocking shots left and right!

I must care about the Mavs too much.

By the way, I'll be happy when/if Dalembert signs. If nothing else, it will be better than what the Mavs were trying to throw out there last year as a center rotation, imo. Kaman just never seemed to fit.
jleefilled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #83
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I certainly think it's possible, but I peg them as a 9 or 10 seed more likely.

I don't want to act like I know what's gonna happen, though. Maybe they mesh well and outperform my expectations.
Our problem isn't necessarily that our team is gonna be that weak, the main problem is that this is the arguably best West ever. I wouldn't be surprised if there is 7-8 team with 50 wins again. Also, teams that are definitely gonna be better than us: OKC, Spurs, Clippers, Grizzlies, Rockets, Warriors.

So the best case scenario imo is 7th place, but you could argue that the Nuggets with a healthy Gallo is gonna be a better team than ours even without Igoudala, and the same could be said about the Wolves. I fully expect the Wolves to win around 50 games. It's gonna be tough, very tough.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #84
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
Our problem isn't necessarily that our team is gonna be that weak, the main problem is that this is the arguably best West ever. I wouldn't be surprised if there is 7-8 team with 50 wins again. Also, teams that are definitely gonna be better than us: OKC, Spurs, Clippers, Grizzlies, Rockets, Warriors.

So the best case scenario imo is 7th place, but you could argue that the Nuggets with a healthy Gallo is gonna be a better team than ours even without Igoudala, and the same could be said about the Wolves. I fully expect the Wolves to win around 50 games. It's gonna be tough, very tough.
With a healthy Dirk last year and Mike James running point we:

1. Held our own against SA, they won by only a point.
2. Beat the Clippers
3. Beat the Warriors
4. Beat the Rockets

On the other hand...

1. We have no answer for Kevin Durant
2. We can't seem to get around Memphis' defense.

IMHO, I could see us sneaking up to 6th. While the Howard pick up in Houston certainly looks good on paper, they had to give up some depth and it's yet to be seen how Howard will play next to Harden (of course with Asik as a back up, they might have the strongest depth at C in the league).
Old 07-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #85
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine: Hearing: Dallas Mavs will get "legit consideration" from Greg Oden along with teams previously in his top three: Heat, Spurs and Cavs

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #86
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Brandan Wright is the best center available
Old 07-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #87
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Brandan Wright is the best center available
I would say we need a heavy c Wright will prolly be Dirks understudy

Old 07-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #88
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Wright is great, but his rebounding is a bit weak and he's strongest offensively. He'd be great next to a hardcore rebounder that is limited offensively like JJ Hickson (who took off to Denver).

Still, Wright is a great guy to play next to Marion with second stringers or whenever you need a little more shot blocking or scoring inside.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:41 AM   #89
Scott McGuire

Scott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleefilled View Post
I just wanted to share with everyone the weird dream I had last night. Shawn Bradley was back on the Mavs and the guy was all over the court blocking shots left and right!

I must care about the Mavs too much.

By the way, I'll be happy when/if Dalembert signs. If nothing else, it will be better than what the Mavs were trying to throw out there last year as a center rotation, imo. Kaman just never seemed to fit.
Dalembert is definitely better than Kaman at the things a center next to Dirk needs to do. Rebound and defense. He not the full-time answer, but he can give us a good 20-25 mins of effective boards/D a game.

I really am interested in what he will cost. I don't want to spend more than 2 or 3mill.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #90
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Nm

Last edited by mavs777; 07-11-2013 at 11:57 AM.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #91
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Came in here to say LaMarcus Aldridge, and then I remembered our complete lack of tradeable assets

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #92
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Came in here to say LaMarcus Aldridge, and then I remembered our complete lack of tradeable assets
Came in to say that you are so negative, you've earned yourself an ignore. Jesus Christ, you are negative.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:35 PM   #93
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Just give Oden the chance. Sign Brand, Blair/Mullens, and Wright. You have a decent rotation to work with there.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #94
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
you've earned yourself an ignore.
You act like people care about this. Please keep on topic.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #95
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
You act like people care about this.
OSI

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #96
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Came in to say that you are so negative, you've earned yourself an ignore. Jesus Christ, you are negative.
I didnt think his post was that bad. I mean, he is right in that we don't have the assets to get aldridge. I suppose his post was redundant but not overly negative.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #97
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I didnt think his post was that bad. I mean, he is right in that we don't have the assets to get aldridge. I suppose his post was redundant but not overly negative.
Then why bring it up? He brings it up just so he can trash the idea. It was unprovoked. He wasn't responding to anyone-- just bringing in an idea to crap on the idea.

That's generally how nowhereman operates. He hasn't said a single useful, interesting or positive things in months. All he does is talk shit about the roster, complain about the team and talk about people we can't get because of money, no one liking the Mavs, etc.

Fuck him. I'm sorry, but you don't have to be a homer, but when the only thing you ever say is trashing the Mavs and the MBT, then why even post. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all, but Nowhereman ONLY has negative crap to say.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-11-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:01 PM   #98
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Exactly. Instead of trashing the team you root for like an casual fan. Why not discuss about how it can improve.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #99
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Hard not to be negative when you realize that there is nothing.

Mav fans are like Mortimer and Randolph Duke.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #100
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is ridiculous.

Last year, I predicted the Mavs would go 47-35 and make the playoffs. We finished 41-41. You said they were a 50 win team. http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=38130

Two years ago, I predicted the Mavs would go 46-20 and win the West. The mavs made the playoffs and got swept. http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=37638

Three years ago, Hollinger predicted the Mavs would go 48-34. I didn't offer a formal number, but I said the Mavs win total would be north of that. http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=36567. Note that this year you made an "offseason" thread before the playoffs even started. http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=37096.

Four years ago, I predicted the Mavs would go 56-26, win the division, and finish second in the west. They finished 55-27, and did win the division and finish second in the west. http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=35649

So to recap, three of the last four years I made a formal prediction and in each of those years, I predicted the Mavs would do better than they did. Meanwhile, the one year we one a championship, you posted this gem:

Quote:
I think it actually is over, regardless of the games we still have to play and I think you'd find very few people that think that there is any chance of winning. The playoffs are only great because "everyone has a chance" but this team really has no chance. Its fallen off into the worst playing slump in years-- playing sub-.500 ball and playing near 0.000 ball against playoff teams. At least this year we got ample warning for the total collapse. Other years we showed promise before failing completely.

You want to only read positive things? Then don't read my posts or most of DM.com's posts (or almost any DB.com or MMB for that matter). When the realists are on the same page as the doomsayers, there is something up. If you want to avoid it, best stay with official sources like Mavs.com. Everyone else is incredulous that we just keep trying but every year the failure stings even worse.

Oh, and you can always choose what you read and what you respond to. Don't pretend like I'm writing a personal letter to you that you are obligated to read. I'm not. Read it if you want. Comment if you want. On the flip side you can ignore both. Or you can wait until the offseason if you want. Thats your choice. By the end of April, you can come back and pretend this was posted then. Just dont come in here and lecture me about my intentions and call me whiny. What right do you have? I'm pathetic? I should get over myself? Maybe you too should look at your posts.

And maybe this board really is a support group. You can't tell me that there are any teams out there that have faced this much disappointment, this number of ups with crashing downs in the last decade. If you can stay positive, good for you-- Im sure its hard to preserve it. Ive spent a decade telling off all the naysayers. Probably best to stay off the boards if you want to be a cheerful Mavs fan, though. Over the last 7 years (all complete melt-downs in the playoffs + the Miami fiasco) this board has grown increasingly negative. Its not an overnight thing. The more failure, the more meltdowns, the more Mavs tears, the harder its been to stay above the bullshit-- and the more Mavs fans have become accustomed to failure and heartbreak where its hard to even put in the energy of caring when the result is inevitable. I can tell you that a number of the Mavs players right now feel the same way-- apathetic, angry, frustrated.

You want to call me out? Go for it. Its a message board. If the Mavs win more than 3 playoff games, I promise you I will completely abandon my 7+ year membership to DM.com leaving behind 16,400 posts. Until then, focus on the Mavs instead of whining about the whining and calling out good, contributing members.
I suggest you heed your own advice from that thread. Or stop trying to blow sunshine and rainbows up everyone's a$$ when they get upset that we replaced a championship team and two years of contending with a freakin' Calderon/Harris/Mekel/Larkin/Ledo/Akognon/Ellington backcourt and the only center under contract is a second round pick from the year before that has only played 46 (mostly unimpressive) NBA games.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #101
nowhereman
Diamond Member

Quote:
Then why bring it up? He brings it up just so he can trash the idea. It was unprovoked. He wasn't responding to anyone-- just bringing in an idea to crap on the idea.

That's generally how nowhereman operates. He hasn't said a single useful, interesting or positive things in months. All he does is talk shit about the roster, complain about the team and talk about people we can't get because of money, no one liking the Mavs, etc.

Fuck him. I'm sorry, but you don't have to be a homer, but when the only thing you ever say is trashing the Mavs and the MBT, then why even post. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all, but Nowhereman ONLY has negative crap to say.
cf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
I think it actually is over, regardless of the games we still have to play and I think you'd find very few people that think that there is any chance of winning. The playoffs are only great because "everyone has a chance" but this team really has no chance. Its fallen off into the worst playing slump in years-- playing sub-.500 ball and playing near 0.000 ball against playoff teams. At least this year we got ample warning for the total collapse. Other years we showed promise before failing completely.

You want to only read positive things? Then don't read my posts or most of DM.com's posts (or almost any DB.com or MMB for that matter). When the realists are on the same page as the doomsayers, there is something up. If you want to avoid it, best stay with official sources like Mavs.com. Everyone else is incredulous that we just keep trying but every year the failure stings even worse.

Oh, and you can always choose what you read and what you respond to. Don't pretend like I'm writing a personal letter to you that you are obligated to read. I'm not. Read it if you want. Comment if you want. On the flip side you can ignore both. Or you can wait until the offseason if you want. Thats your choice. By the end of April, you can come back and pretend this was posted then. Just dont come in here and lecture me about my intentions and call me whiny. What right do you have? I'm pathetic? I should get over myself? Maybe you too should look at your posts.

And maybe this board really is a support group. You can't tell me that there are any teams out there that have faced this much disappointment, this number of ups with crashing downs in the last decade. If you can stay positive, good for you-- Im sure its hard to preserve it. Ive spent a decade telling off all the naysayers. Probably best to stay off the boards if you want to be a cheerful Mavs fan, though. Over the last 7 years (all complete melt-downs in the playoffs + the Miami fiasco) this board has grown increasingly negative. Its not an overnight thing. The more failure, the more meltdowns, the more Mavs tears, the harder its been to stay above the bullshit-- and the more Mavs fans have become accustomed to failure and heartbreak where its hard to even put in the energy of caring when the result is inevitable. I can tell you that a number of the Mavs players right now feel the same way-- apathetic, angry, frustrated.

You want to call me out? Go for it. Its a message board. If the Mavs win more than 3 playoff games, I promise you I will completely abandon my 7+ year membership to DM.com leaving behind 16,400 posts. Until then, focus on the Mavs instead of whining about the whining and calling out good, contributing members.
I don't know what's worse. Your judgment or your irrationality.

Quote:

Last edited by nowhereman; 07-11-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:13 PM   #102
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
cf.
I was expecting this. Well played.

I do think, though, the comment above about LMA was valueless and unnecessarily inflammatory.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #103
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

What does cf mean?

And what does ffty mean?
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #104
nowhereman
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I do think, though, the comment above about LMA was valueless and unnecessarily inflammatory.
Point taken

Quote:
Old 07-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #105
Aggie E

Aggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk's Knee View Post
With a healthy Dirk last year and Mike James running point we:

1. Held our own against SA, they won by only a point.
2. Beat the Clippers
3. Beat the Warriors
4. Beat the Rockets

On the other hand...

1. We have no answer for Kevin Durant
2. We can't seem to get around Memphis' defense.

IMHO, I could see us sneaking up to 6th. While the Howard pick up in Houston certainly looks good on paper, they had to give up some depth and it's yet to be seen how Howard will play next to Harden (of course with Asik as a back up, they might have the strongest depth at C in the league).
I dont. this is an old team that wont get better with another year. Cuban screwed up and when Dallas needs to start over and rebuild he just keeps making strange FA decisions..Dirk is 35 and has been in the league 16 years. Is he still supposed to carry and undermanned roster to the playoffs and a 1st round exit at best again?
Aggie E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:50 PM   #106
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Hard not to be negative when you realize that there is nothing.

Mav fans are like Mortimer and Randolph Duke.
Trading Places reference for the win.

I'm pretty bummed too, but I gueeeesss you could do worse than Dalembert. He did have a career high in points in a game this year at 35. And he is still pretty mobile for a center who is 32. Yeah.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 07-11-2013 at 01:51 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #107
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
What does cf mean?

And what does ffty mean?
!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #108
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Ok guys. I can body up on a center in my rec leagues, it's coming down to it, so I volunteer. I'm 6 foot with shoes but I'm pretty strong. How about it? I've also never had any knee problems, that's looking like my best selling point...
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #109
jamaljasonandjimmy

Old 07-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #110
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Also, I can see nowhereman being pretty negative in some posts but the majority is just calling it like it is. That being said, I do see this team in the thick of things for a 6-8 seed when it's all said and done, but I just want to get a better idea on what this teams short-term goals are since we don't seem to have any long-term.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:04 PM   #111
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaljasonandjimmy View Post
Lebron is coming to town?
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:54 PM   #112
The Ghost of Championship
Banned

The Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these parts

Every single poster now thinks we can actually compete one more time for Dirk? This is so sad to watch. We must surround him with more than role players how do you not see this?
The Ghost of Championship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:16 AM   #113
jamaljasonandjimmy

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/07...icks-make.html

Old 07-12-2013, 12:27 AM   #114
blessednegr0

blessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Ok guys. I can body up on a center in my rec leagues, it's coming down to it, so I volunteer. I'm 6 foot with shoes but I'm pretty strong. How about it? I've also never had any knee problems, that's looking like my best selling point...
Make it happen! The fate of the Dallas Mavericks rest solely on your shoulders brother. I am predicting 15/13 with 3 blocks minimum.
blessednegr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:58 AM   #115
Dan1

Dan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to all

Quote:
Lmao, who the f* pays this guy to write
Old 07-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #116
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie E View Post
I dont. this is an old team that wont get better with another year. Cuban screwed up and when Dallas needs to start over and rebuild he just keeps making strange FA decisions..Dirk is 35 and has been in the league 16 years. Is he still supposed to carry and undermanned roster to the playoffs and a 1st round exit at best again?
Very confusing. I'm really trying to understand this point of view which keeps coming up, but I just can't. Do you and your ilk love the Mavs, or love to hate the Mavs? I'm all for watching young talent develop but...

Rather than a winning seasons and 1st round exit, you'd rather a 10-15 win season? Starting over from scratch takes 3 to 5 years if doing it from the draft alone. You've got to have 2 to 3 top lottery picks, a couple years for them to develop, and put the right pieces around them for even a chance to make the playoffs. I've posted this many times, but there's only been 1 number 1 pick in history which has won the championship his rookie year, Magic. And LA didn't get that pick by being bad. I think if folks like you got there way and the team tanked, the complaint would be that Cuban is unable to put a competitive team on the floor. No win for folks like yourself who seem to only judge success only by winning it all.

Whether or not Dallas gets better 2 years from now depends on the following:

1. Can Wright continue to score as efficiently as he has and take on more minutes for Dirk?

2. How much will Crowder improve? Reports are Crowder has lost some weight. Will he gain some agility and steered to cut to the basket more often?

3. How much will James improve? Reports are he's gained some weight. Will that make him more a more solid defender under the basket? Will he still be able to get up and down the floor at the same pace? Remember he had a 7 block game last year.

4. Will we keep Larkin, Mekel, and Ledo and what is their upside? I honestly have no idea. Some folks predict Larkin will blossom, but Mekel and Ledo are total wildcards.

I do agree entirely that Dirk is nearing the end of his career, a sad but unavoidable situation. And I realize the Mavs at some point will likely have to suck bad before they get better. But until that day has to come, I want to see a competitive team hit the floor.

Last edited by Dirk's Knee; 07-12-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Dirk's Knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #117
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessednegr0 View Post
Make it happen! The fate of the Dallas Mavericks rest solely on your shoulders brother. I am predicting 15/13 with 3 blocks minimum.
You're overestimating my offensive ability, truth be told. However, the rebounds sound reasonable with the right amount of grit.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:51 AM   #118
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Dedmon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q46NuuGI-K0

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #119
jamaljasonandjimmy

Dallas Mavericks Interested In Andrew Bogut?

http://bluemanhoop.com/2013/07/11/da...-andrew-bogut/

Old 07-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #120
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dallas Mavericks Interested In Andrew Bogut?

http://bluemanhoop.com/2013/07/11/da...-andrew-bogut/
Also mentioned Asik and Pek, but it's all conjecture - there's no evidence that Dallas is chasing any of these guys. . . yet.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dalemsquirt, marion for asik