Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 08-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #1
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future
Default Which Mavericks player are you the most excited about watching this year?

To keep it interesting one new face and one old face.

With only 6 old faces returning I think most of us will be interested in seeing if we'll see Dirk of old or if he'll continue his decline. Aside from that I believe that many are wondering what Brandan Wright will do over the course of a season if he receives 25+ minutes per game.

Among the new faces none excites me more than Monta Ellis. Jose Calderon's potential of being the next Steve Nash pairing with Dirk Nowitzki as well as another defensive minded center in Samuel Dalembert is more than welcome though.
NeedlesKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2013, 06:02 PM   #2
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk and Calderon
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:28 PM   #3
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Ellis and Blair.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:51 PM   #4
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
To keep it interesting one new face and one old face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
Ellis and Blair.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #5
marc9211

marc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Wright and Ellis
Old 08-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #6
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Calderon and Dirk
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #7
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

Ellis /Dirk two man game.
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Ellis, Mekel and Crowder
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #9
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk (duh), and Monta, who has the highest ceiling (for next year, at least) of any of the new players.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #10
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk alone is good for a playoff spot... How far we go beyond that is up to Ellis.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-11-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #11
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

The question was "What Maverick player", gayboys.

Ellis

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:18 AM   #12
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
I BELIEVE IN DANIEL BRYAN!

Also, I'm excited/motivated about Blair and Ellis to play alongside Dirk.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:10 AM   #13
GermanStandard

GermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
I BELIEVE IN DANIEL BRYAN!

Also, I'm excited/motivated about Blair and Ellis to play alongside Dirk.

This guy could be the perfect athletic/conditioning coach.

Im most excited about Calderon.

The Euro 2 Man game (Dirk / Jose) could work out very well.
Finally a Point Guard who can knock down the 3 consistantly.

-------------------------------------------------

Baller from the G'
GermanStandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:51 AM   #14
LionDallas

LionDallas is a jewel in the roughLionDallas is a jewel in the roughLionDallas is a jewel in the rough

Calderon and Monta Ellis.

Last edited by LionDallas; 08-12-2013 at 07:51 AM.
LionDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:05 AM   #15
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Dirk and Calderon by a country mile.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:47 AM   #16
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Dirk alone is good for a playoff spot... How far we go beyond that is up to Ellis.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #17
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk for sure. I'd watch him as long as I could even if he went the route of Mays with the Mets. (I don't believe he would hang on like that... think he would go out with a little more "game.")

Interested to see how Ellis/Dirk pick and roll works, and if Ellis can play off of Dirk in that aspect.

Also interested to see Mekel/Larken play against real competition as the backup PG. And finally want to see if Crowder has improved at all.

Last edited by Bayliss; 08-12-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #18
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Cuban needs to get this man a ticket so he can do this routine right under the basket during opponent free throws.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #19
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

Dirk is a given.

As for the other, I have to go with Monta. I have watched Calderon in Toronto since 2006, and I believe he'll continue to be selfless, efficient, and is bound to have a few farts on the defensive end.

I have gone on record here as a pretty big Ellis skeptic. I am trying to be cautiously optimistic as to how he'll fit in here. He can get to the rim, and a winning culture can work wonders for a player. Hopefully playing with a pass first PG and a great coach will bring out the best in him.

Apart from that, I'm interested in seeing the young guys develop, whether returning or otherwise (Larkin, Wright, Crowder, etc.)
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #20
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Dalembert should be interesting. He could become a 2nd Tyson Chandler or Diop.

Last edited by markus1234; 08-12-2013 at 06:10 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #21
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wait, I got another one

Quote:
Wow, he took shaving the .500 beards pretty hard...

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #22
marc9211

marc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to allmarc9211 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMavsFan View Post
Dirk is a given.

As for the other, I have to go with Monta. I have watched Calderon in Toronto since 2006, and I believe he'll continue to be selfless, efficient, and is bound to have a few farts on the defensive end.

I have gone on record here as a pretty big Ellis skeptic. I am trying to be cautiously optimistic as to how he'll fit in here. He can get to the rim, and a winning culture can work wonders for a player. Hopefully playing with a pass first PG and a great coach will bring out the best in him.

Apart from that, I'm interested in seeing the young guys develop, whether returning or otherwise (Larkin, Wright, Crowder, etc.)
I only picked Wright over Dirk because I'm pretty confident that Dirk is going to have a great year as evidence to the second half of last season. I'm really interested to see if Wright has taken the next step and possibly be an outstanding player/asset for us. And of course Ellis is the great unknown that can make this team either an 8 seed or a team that can really do some damage.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:00 AM   #23
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Dirk for sure. I'd watch him as long as I could even if he went the route of Mays with the Mets. (I don't believe he would hang on like that... think he would go out with a little more "game.")

Interested to see how Ellis/Dirk pick and roll works, and if Ellis can play off of Dirk in that aspect.

Also interested to see Mekel/Larken play against real competition as the backup PG. And finally want to see if Crowder has improved at all.
If crowder is ever useful ill be shocked
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:03 AM   #24
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Sans TC athleticism.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 08-13-2013 at 07:03 AM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:36 AM   #25
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Tyson Chandler? Clearly you're not being serious.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:55 AM   #26
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Calderon and Ellis. Those two can make the Mavs really good or really bad. Dirk will be solid as ever.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:31 AM   #27
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Dalembert is literally 15th on my list of interesting players. He's not bad, but he's mediocre and has already hit his up side. The team with him on it excites me (if he can help make up for the defensive lapses of our backcourt), but there is very little to get excited about for just him.

Mekel can be a quality Rubio-type player that cost us nothing
Ellis could return to former glory
Calderon could continue to make smart passes and hit the three at 52.0%
Crowder could have a sophomore bump and really become a Bruce Bowen or Artest type
Larkin could become JJB
Wright could finally get unchained and start averaging the 15ppg, 7rpg, 1.9bpg he's capable of
Blair could return to the days of having 20-20 games.
Ellington is a nice shooter that could be our DeShawn Stevenson

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 08-13-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:45 AM   #28
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
If crowder is ever useful ill be shocked
The guy seems to have all the physical tools necessary, size, size and size. Just needs to hone his game a bit.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:06 AM   #29
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
Tyson Chandler? Clearly you're not being serious.
For big men it is all about motivation. Dalembert never really played on a winning team with a guy like Dirk and despite all that his numbers look pretty good.

Chandler 1.1 blocks in 32.8 min
Dalembert 1.1 blocks in 16.3 min

I mean Chandler was not exactly a star player either before he joined the MAVS.

The center position may not be exciting but it will be really important for us. It would be pretty cool if he could stay on the floor for 30min and average a double double with 2.5 blocks per game... or something like that. I am really tired of centers who play only 20 min per game...

Last edited by markus1234; 08-13-2013 at 10:12 AM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:25 AM   #30
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Months August and September sure are fun around here. :/

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:11 AM   #31
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

By far, for me, it's Monta. I've really only watched him play the Mavs, and at that he was always very good. If we get that kind of production from him, we'll be a pretty good team.

In comparison to the championship team, Ellis could be better than Jet, but he could also be much worse. At least the potential is there.

Calderon could be close to Kidd on offense, but never close on D.

Dalembert is no TC, but he should be a rim protector and good rebounder...things none of our centers last year were even competent at.

If we get decent play out of either one of our rookie point guards, this team will be much better than the last 2. Frankly, that's all I expect, and I'd be happy with that.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:22 PM   #32
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

Ellis/Larkin, Dirk/Wright
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #33
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

The 2nd best Maverick player since the Dirk era is going to be fun to watch this season and several more.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:49 PM   #34
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I'm not really too excited about Dalembert. I'm actually kinda hoping Wright takes the next step to be the starter. Although I did have a dream the other night that Daly grabbed 16 rebounds with 4 blocks in his first game.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #35
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Ellis, who will make or break this team, depending on how he responds
Ellington because I don't think I've ever seen him play and he seems like a Carlisle kind of a guy.
Dalembert because I hate hate hate weakness at the rim. I hope he can be an upgrade.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:32 PM   #36
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

After reading the latest piece about Terry on mavsmoneyball I think sometimes heart is more than anything. Terry and Chandler had heart, passion, desire to win. Those kind of players are really fun to watch. Who on the current Mavs have these intangibles apart from Dirk and Marion I wonder.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:43 PM   #37
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
After reading the latest piece about Terry on mavsmoneyball I think sometimes heart is more than anything. Terry and Chandler had heart, passion, desire to win. Those kind of players are really fun to watch. Who on the current Mavs have these intangibles apart from Dirk and Marion I wonder.
Hard to predict that. Neither Terry nor Chandler showed a lot of "it" with other teams. Chandler was just an immature high school kid plagued by injuries. Terry was always a trooper but not a fierce competitor on bad teams. When paired with Dirk and given a chance to succeed, they both stepped it way up.

I'm excited to see who steps it up with us this year. My guess is Ellis, Harris and Ellington will be the biggest surprises on that front, but Calderon, Larkin, and Mekel are on my radar. It's always hard for rookies, though, and Calderon has always been a cerebral rather than a passion player-- at least in the NBA.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:34 PM   #38
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Dwight Howard.

....sh*t.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:44 PM   #39
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Dwight Howard.

....sh*t.
Are you saying that you want Dwight Howard shot??

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:32 AM   #40
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Yeah, I'm not really too excited about Dalembert. I'm actually kinda hoping Wright takes the next step to be the starter. Although I did have a dream the other night that Daly grabbed 16 rebounds with 4 blocks in his first game.
Not really excited is the nice way of putting it. More realistic is I'm hoping this dude is a bench cheerleader by seasons end after having picked up Gortat or Asik at the deadline.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
la bouche