Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 08-21-2013, 09:53 AM   #41
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Kidd isn't even top 5 imo. How can anyone put him about JET?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2013, 09:59 AM   #42
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Kidd isn't even top 5 imo. How can anyone put him about JET?
What about Nash above Jet? lol. Jet got us to the finals a couple years after Nash left and then won the mavs their only ring. It's laughable how badly fans dismiss Terry's contributions.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:52 PM   #43
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
What about Nash above Jet? lol. Jet got us to the finals a couple years after Nash left and then won the mavs their only ring. It's laughable how badly fans dismiss Terry's contributions.
Because they were both better players?
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:17 AM   #44
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

All comes down to what you are measuring. Talent or impact.

Nash is one of the top 100 players of all time. Terry isn't in th top 250, but Terry got us two finals appearances and a championship.

You measure talent and Nash is ahead by a mile. Measure impact and its a tight race.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:51 AM   #45
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
All comes down to what you are measuring. Talent or impact.

Nash is one of the top 100 players of all time. Terry isn't in th top 250, but Terry got us two finals appearances and a championship.

You measure talent and Nash is ahead by a mile. Measure impact and its a tight race.
It's not just impact with JET, though. It's the fact that, out of all the noteworthy players who've played with Dirk (Fin, Nash, Hardaway, Nick, Josh, Kidd, Trix, Tyson, Peja and Vince all come to mind), JET's the only one who was paired up with him - not just in the uniform or on the court, but at the heart of the team's go-to play and on-court identity - through all of the best years for both players, and he's the only one who was there with him through the highest and lowest points of his career. Was he the best that Dirk ever played with? Certainly not. And if you want to make a list based purely on the peak performance metric, I don't have any real problem with him being ranked below Fin, or Nash, or Kidd, or Trix, or even Tyson, all of whom at least arguably have had higher NBA ceilings. But taking everything into account, there's not a single Mav in the Dirk era, other than Dirk himself, who I'd rank above JET on my all-time Mavs list.

Old 08-22-2013, 06:35 AM   #46
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Measure impact and its a tight race.
I just can't have a serious conversation with you. I've read so much off the wall stuff you've written here and I can't take you seriously. Sorry.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:41 AM   #47
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
It's not just impact with JET, though. It's the fact that, out of all the noteworthy players who've played with Dirk (Fin, Nash, Hardaway, Nick, Josh, Kidd, Trix, Tyson, Peja and Vince all come to mind), JET's the only one who was paired up with him - not just in the uniform or on the court, but at the heart of the team's go-to play and on-court identity - through all of the best years for both players, and he's the only one who was there with him through the highest and lowest points of his career. Was he the best that Dirk ever played with? Certainly not. And if you want to make a list based purely on the peak performance metric, I don't have any real problem with him being ranked below Fin, or Nash, or Kidd, or Trix, or even Tyson, all of whom at least arguably have had higher NBA ceilings. But taking everything into account, there's not a single Mav in the Dirk era, other than Dirk himself, who I'd rank above JET on my all-time Mavs list.

I completely understand your point(though I'd argue that chandler was never a better player than jet at his best.

I'd also argue that the Nash dirk pick and roll was as good as the jet dirk pick and roll and that was with a much lesser version of dirk. I can see the rationale for ranking jet higher than anyone but dirk, I just don't agree with it
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:15 AM   #48
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
I just can't have a serious conversation with you. I've read so much off the wall stuff you've written here and I can't take you seriously. Sorry.
Paradox...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:08 AM   #49
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post

Pow right in the kisser.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:22 AM   #50
sig

sig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the rough

Lo Williams, Randy White Diiop and Doug Smith make he list. That's tell you righ there the list is to long
sig is offline   Reply With Quote