Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-04-2007, 10:26 PM   #41
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

I had the waitress recommend one to me at the Saucer the other night. I dont remember exactly, but I think it was called Real Ale Fireman's #14? That sound familiar to anyone? I really enjoyed it and I'm not really a big beer drinker.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:00 PM   #42
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

ty, your thread is a hit =]

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:02 PM   #43
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

Samuel Smith's oatmeal stout or Old Speckled Hen when I run across them.
Shiner, Newcastle, Guinness, Bass, Harp, Sierra Nevada, Fat Tire when I don't.
Coors light or the beast when I'm broke.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:06 PM   #44
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey
I had the waitress recommend one to me at the Saucer the other night. I dont remember exactly, but I think it was called Real Ale Fireman's #14? That sound familiar to anyone? I really enjoyed it and I'm not really a big beer drinker.
Fireman's #4 - good brew from a great brewery.
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:10 PM   #45
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinFuture
Samuel Smith's oatmeal stout or Old Speckled Hen when I run across them.
Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout is also pretty gosh darned good (easily, one of my all-time favorites)...
Old 10-04-2007, 11:26 PM   #46
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been doing the Hefeweizen lately. Flying saucer has a real nice dark one on tap, a Dunkelweizen. Good stuff.

Quote:
Spaten Franziskaner Dunkel Wei
Container: Draught
Style: Dunkel Weiss
Brewer: Spaten-Franziskaner Brau
City: Munich
Description: Dark, cloudy wheat with a fruity aroma that has a slight hint of banana with some caramel. Nice effervescence with a tight white head. Refreshing and snappy with a crisp finish.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:16 AM   #47
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Am i the only one who like Amber Lager?
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:29 AM   #48
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

As long as we are talking imports, how about the best place to buy them? The widest selection I have found is at Majestic, and they also seem to have the best prices. A great combination!

As for bars, I can't recall seeing a bigger menu than the one at Flying Saucer.

Some of us also mentioned liking hoppy beers. Anyone messed around with the Dogfish Head 90-Minute and 120-Minute IPA's? The 120-minute version shined my shoes and called me Suzie.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:35 AM   #49
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
The 120-minute version shined my shoes and called me Suzie.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to chumdawg again.

hahaha...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 10-05-2007, 12:35 AM   #50
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Guys this weekend I'm planning on drinking with some of the guys, but this thread has inspired me to go a little classier.. any suggestions on a good 6-pack to buy that would be available at most stores? Maybe a Sam Adams?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:42 AM   #51
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I'm def not a fan of the S.Adams

Contact Me
Old 10-05-2007, 12:46 AM   #52
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the Sam Adams either. I think my recommendation would be Pilsner Urquell. I love that stuff. It's like drinking an American beer, in that it's not an unusual new taste, but it's also like drinking something a hundred times better than the American stuff. Man, that beer is good.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:06 AM   #53
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
As long as we are talking imports, how about the best place to buy them? The widest selection I have found is at Majestic, and they also seem to have the best prices. A great combination!

The Majestic in Addison (or is there another)?

I get my alcohol there and also at Central Market in Plano - their prices tend to be higher on the whole, but they always have a few great beers on sale for unbelievable prices... I usually make my decision based on which beer is the best-tasting for the lowest price and always walk away happy...

Anyway, you know the season needs to start when the best thread started on this site since we blew the playoffs happens to be about beer... Drowning our sorrows lately?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-05-2007 at 08:06 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:30 AM   #54
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
The Majestic in Addison (or is there another)?
I work very close to there.....It's ok, I guess. But I live in north Carrollton so I go up to the Goody Goody in the Colony. The prices up there (especially on liquor) are MUCH cheaper than Addison, and the beer is slightly less expensive as well.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:42 AM   #55
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Guys this weekend I'm planning on drinking with some of the guys, but this thread has inspired me to go a little classier.. any suggestions on a good 6-pack to buy that would be available at most stores? Maybe a Sam Adams?
Had a six-pack of Sam Adams Hefeweizen recently and was quite pleased.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:04 AM   #56
alby
Guru

Goody Goody is exactly like BevMo here in California. Great place.

Contact Me
Old 10-05-2007, 10:54 AM   #57
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
I'm def not a fan of the S.Adams
I'm not usually a beer fruiter, but I thought the Sam Cherry Wheats were pretty good.

Any beer fruiters here?

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:15 AM   #58
alby
Guru

I'm not, and I thought you weren't either. You like it rough when it comes to beer you said.

Contact Me
Old 10-05-2007, 11:18 AM   #59
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not, and I thought you weren't either. You like it rough when it comes to beer you said.
I just can't resist an ice cold Dos Equis or Corona that is limed-up. =/

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 10-05-2007, 11:19 AM   #60
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

I don't drink but Carlsberg is good.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:14 PM   #61
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

http://thebarqsman.com/wp-content/im...ostonglobe.bmp

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:12 PM   #62
ty
Diamond Member

lol. One of my friends was actually into homebrewing. His dad didn't drink alcohol and thus hated the idea that his son would want to do such a thing.

He ended up home-brewing a vat of root beer with loads of sugar just to keep the old man happy.

Old 10-05-2007, 05:46 PM   #63
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
lol. One of my friends was actually into homebrewing. His dad didn't drink alcohol and thus hated the idea that his son would want to do such a thing.

He ended up home-brewing a vat of root beer with loads of sugar just to keep the old man happy.

If you let the sugar in that root beer ferment, then you get root beer rum... It's actually pretty good!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 07:48 PM   #64
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Have to share a recent discovery of mine. A category of beers known as Baltic Porters. I discovered their greatness at a bar called Capital Ale House in Richmond, Virginia. They have about 100 beers on tap and 300+ in the bottle. We had an awesome bartender who made some stellar recommendations based on what we all told her we liked--I told her I was a big fan of Brown Ales, Scotch Ales & Stouts, but hated all things IPA (I respect the IPA--just can't stand the hops). She brought me a bottle of Obolon Porter, made in Ukraine. 16.9 oz of beer, 7% alcohol, delicious full-bodied porter--to me, somewhere between a dark ale and a stout. When she came back to see how I liked it, she sprung the best news on me: $5. Considering people routinely pay $4 for a bottle of bud light in a bar, that's about the best bargain I've ever had. Ended up having all three Baltic Porters on the menu--Obolon, a Russian one called Baltika, and Alderis from Latvia. Baltika was probably the least flavorful of the bunch, Alderis the richest. All three delicious, large, full of alcohol, and $5. Needless to say, after three of those, I was TOASTED. Great way to spend a weekday afternoon on business travel.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:59 PM   #65
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
I'm not usually a beer fruiter, but I thought the Sam Cherry Wheats were pretty good.

Any beer fruiters here?
I dig Pyramid's apricot ale. Good stuff.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:19 AM   #66
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

As I rediscovered tonight, beer tastes the best when you're at the game and your team has a big lead.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:19 AM   #67
ty
Diamond Member

I've found that beer and Cheezits are actually a pretty good mix.

Old 10-07-2007, 07:43 AM   #68
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
I've found that beer and Cheezits are actually a pretty good mix.
There are few better. Cheezits (and to a lesser degree, Cheese Nips) are the crack cocaine of snack food...
Old 10-07-2007, 10:32 AM   #69
alby
Guru

i buy 3 boxes of cheese nips per week, no joke.

(3 for 5 dollars at albertsons)

Contact Me
Old 10-07-2007, 02:50 PM   #70
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
There are few better. Cheezits (and to a lesser degree, Cheese Nips) are the crack cocaine of snack food...
I guess that makes me a crack addict. =P

Old 10-07-2007, 04:11 PM   #71
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
i buy 3 boxes of cheese nips per week, no joke.

(3 for 5 dollars at albertsons)
I buy a 3 lb box of Cheez-It's at Sam's just about every week or two. The stuff IS Crack Cocaine...
Old 10-07-2007, 05:16 PM   #72
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty

Any beer fruiters here?
Bought some Leinenliugel's Berry Weiss friday night. It's all gone and it was really tasty. So yea I like those as well.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:43 PM   #73
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I think all women like an arrogant bastard
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 10:41 PM   #74
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

ugh, arrogant bastard is disgusting. beer just shouldn't be that high in alcohol, it makes it taste bad.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:51 AM   #75
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Old 10-08-2007, 02:08 AM   #76
ty
Diamond Member

My friend makes a really mean beer chicken.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:11 AM   #77
alby
Guru

corona is beautiful

Contact Me
Old 10-08-2007, 02:55 AM   #78
ty
Diamond Member

Oddly enough, I fell in love with Corona in London, Canada.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:16 PM   #79
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

shiner. is there any other beer?
Old 10-18-2007, 02:18 PM   #80
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know if any (preferably Fort Worth) places have any pumpkin ales on tap this time of year? Or even if you can buy a six pack anywhere. I've heard great things about Pumking and I really want to try it.

Last edited by DavidDaMonkey; 10-18-2007 at 02:18 PM.
DavidDaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote