Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 06-25-2022, 04:42 PM   #281
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
If it only happened in exhibition games I?d be really pleased. Happened a lot in the regular and post season too

After conditioning and weight management, shooting needs to be Lukas focus
Well showing up at training camp fat and out of shape was a major problem. But once he got into shape, he started absolutely beasting. On the season he ended 46% FG and 35% 3pt. Could use improvement but that's hardly what I'd call inefficient, considering his insanely high usage rate. Guys who have to carry the kind of offensive load Luka does almost always suffer in their efficiency. Hopefully adding a C who isn't useless outside of lob passes will really help take some of the load off of him.

In terms of scoring from the field, the only thing that I think he could really stand to improve his taking fewer step-back threes. He's a much better shooter than his numbers indicate, because of the extremely high degree of difficulty on his threes. Still, 35% is way better than where he started.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 06-25-2022 at 05:14 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2022, 05:21 PM   #282
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I agree with the value of a guy creating his own offense.

But.... JB is poor defensively. That's not a good fit next to Luka who is also sub par defensively.
The Mavs are good defensively as a team, so JB?s individual defense is not important. The players that make the team good defensively are the kind of stand and shoot players that require you to have a Luka or Jalen on the floor at all times to be able to compete.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 10:07 PM   #283
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I don't view JB as a poor defender...his size probably iimits him against some guys but in 2022 I'm not really concerned with if one of my best scorers can play defense. I'd love a 2 way guy like Jimmy but they just aren't out there. So then you're stuck with one dimensional guys who can just play D and shoot 3's or a scorer who's limited defensively. If I have Bullock and DFS around Brunson I'm ok .
Yea having Jimmy would be incredible for us.

Brunson is bad defensively though. I watch him fail on assignments and simply lose his man about 3 times per game. That's fundamental basketball too. I'm not saying he isn't worth what we are about to offer him. He's a great player, but next to a top 2 or 3 player in the game (Luka) who also can't play defense well yet...it's not exactly a perfect fit.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 10:15 PM   #284
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
The Mavs are good defensively as a team, so JB?s individual defense is not important. The players that make the team good defensively are the kind of stand and shoot players that require you to have a Luka or Jalen on the floor at all times to be able to compete.
JB single handedly cost us really big moments defensively numerous times. Again, I'm certainly hoping he signs back up because I thoroughly believe he has the work ethic and smarts to continually improve all aspects of his craft, including defense. It's not even getting blasted 1v1, its simple keeping up with his man and not getting lost and recognizing switches better. I've been on bring JB back train, even at 25m. I was only speaking to it not being a perfect fit. When 6'7'' Reggie or DFS has to guard other team PGs...there's a bit of a problem.

Old 06-25-2022, 10:42 PM   #285
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
JB single handedly cost us really big moments defensively numerous times. Again, I'm certainly hoping he signs back up because I thoroughly believe he has the work ethic and smarts to continually improve all aspects of his craft, including defense. It's not even getting blasted 1v1, its simple keeping up with his man and not getting lost and recognizing switches better. I've been on bring JB back train, even at 25m. I was only speaking to it not being a perfect fit. When 6'7'' Reggie or DFS has to guard other team PGs...there's a bit of a problem.
Not that you don't know it now, but JB at 25 million isn't happening. Price is gonna be 27.5-30 per.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 06-26-2022 at 09:16 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 07:56 AM   #286
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Luka has definitely shot us out of games. All superstars have done it. Giannis has lost games at the free throw line. Lebron has missed buzzer beaters. Steph has lost in the play-in. It happens.

They get the benefit of the doubt because they are the engines that make their teams run. I'm not saying Luka is above criticism, I am saying criticizing his efficiency considering the defensive attention he draws and the difficulty of his looks is a stretch.

As far as JB goes, the money will be there whether it's Dallas or NY. The decision he has to make is whether he wants his "own" team.
Old 06-26-2022, 01:00 PM   #287
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Not that you don't know it now, but JB at 25 million isn't happening. Price is gonna be 27.5-30 per.
Yea I've seen that too but I'm not yet convinced.

Old 06-26-2022, 01:06 PM   #288
SMC0007
Guru

[QUOTE=tap2390;1512370

As far as JB goes, the money will be there whether it's Dallas or NY. The decision he has to make is whether he wants his "own" team.[/QUOTE]

Do you want to share Daddys Alfa Romeo where you have plenty of time to drive when ever you want or do you want your own Ford Fiesta?

Old 06-26-2022, 01:55 PM   #289
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
As far as JB goes, the money will be there whether it's Dallas or NY. The decision he has to make is whether he wants his "own" team.
I actually have the opposite take. I think it is just about the money. Nobody talks to Marc Stein about free agency options by accident. The people close to Brunson have an agenda. I think Brunson- through his people- is making it clear that if the Mavs want to keep him, they have to pony up. He's not taking a home team discount.

Because EVERYTHING we've heard about Brunson until that Stein report a couple of days ago indicated the exact opposite of this idea that he wanted to be "the Man" on a lesser team. We've heard over and over again that he's happy in Dallas, that he was telling his people around him that re-signing was a "done deal" and that really, really wants to win.

I think he is probably surprised just how hard the Knicks are coming after him, and understandably, is using that as leverage to get a better deal from the Mavs.
Old 06-26-2022, 02:14 PM   #290
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Crazy to think JB went to the FO and said I?ll do the extension and Mavs said pause. I know why they did it but god damn what a blunder
Old 06-26-2022, 02:17 PM   #291
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Per Woj Mavs are out on Kyrie
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 02:52 PM   #292
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Per Woj Mavs are out on Kyrie
Thank god. I think he also reported that every other team on Kyrie's wish list is out on him, except for the Lakers. And good luck trying to convince the Nets to take Westbrook. I would just love to see the look on Durant's face if they actually did that.
Old 06-26-2022, 05:58 PM   #293
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Thank god. I think he also reported that every other team on Kyrie's wish list is out on him, except for the Lakers. And good luck trying to convince the Nets to take Westbrook. I would just love to see the look on Durant's face if they actually did that.
Ha, Durant will demand out as well.....PHX for Ayton?
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 09:05 PM   #294
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Ha, Durant will demand out as well.....PHX for Ayton?
I sure hope not. Let CP3 ride off on his banana boat ringless. I hate that he would be in the west, but curious what Durant would look like in Portland. I don?t want to see him in Miami because I?m tired of players wanting to go there (forever F the Heat). Realistically I hope he just stays in Brooklyn with or without Kyrie.
Old 06-27-2022, 11:17 AM   #295
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Kyrie has officially asked for a trade which could change things with Brunson. I feel it might take the pressure off of them if they can get Kyrie instead of Jalen.

Also, John Wall might be bought out. Wouldn't mind him if Brunson walks.

Old 06-27-2022, 11:18 AM   #296
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at roster spots available (assuming Mavs re-sign JB):

Wood trade opened up three.

Hardy (lock)
Pinson? (There was talk that the Mavs were going to give him a spot)
3 and D wing with MLE?

Is that it?

Can the Mavs really afford to keep Hardy, Green, Pinson, and Frank?

Don't they need more front court depth? (Wood, Maxi, Powell.....??)

If this is accurate, then I would hope another trade or two are on the horizon.

Last edited by purplefrog; 06-27-2022 at 11:19 AM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 11:27 AM   #297
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Annnd Woj reporting that only the Lakers seem to be the team to get him.

Be wild if Kyrie declined his option to sign with the Lakers for 6 mil.

Old 06-27-2022, 11:34 AM   #298
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Looking at roster spots available (assuming Mavs re-sign JB):

Wood trade opened up three.

Hardy (lock)
Pinson? (There was talk that the Mavs were going to give him a spot)
3 and D wing with MLE?

Is that it?

Can the Mavs really afford to keep Hardy, Green, Pinson, and Frank?

Don't they need more front court depth? (Wood, Maxi, Powell.....??)

If this is accurate, then I would hope another trade or two are on the horizon.
They can afford to keep anyone currently on the roster including the recently executed trade plus the taxpayer mid level exception
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 11:37 AM   #299
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
That's ok. 30 per doesn't affect the team building whatsoever as we are over the cap either way. Just more luxury tax for Mark to pay and perhaps makes JB a little more difficult to move down the road? Maybe maybe not as a tradeable asset. If he continues to improve the 30 per wont be a big deal as the cap explodes over the next several years. Bottom line: JB walking with nothing in return would be almost as catastrophic as the selection of JG at #18 in 2020 and the failure to use all the salary available in the free agency period of 2019.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 12:09 PM   #300
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
That's ok. 30 per doesn't affect the team building whatsoever as we are over the cap either way. Just more luxury tax for Mark to pay and perhaps makes JB a little more difficult to move down the road? Maybe maybe not as a tradeable asset. If he continues to improve the 30 per wont be a big deal as the cap explodes over the next several years. Bottom line: JB walking with nothing in return would be almost as catastrophic as the selection of JG at #18 in 2020 and the failure to use all the salary available in the free agency period of 2019.
Yes, this is exactly why I don't care very much about Brunson being overpaid. Whether he makes 20 million or 30 million, it really doesn't make any difference to us. It's an odd thing that fans do, but we instinctively try to put ourselves in the shoes of the owners when it comes to player salaries, like "No, we can't pay him that much money!!" Like, why do we care? The Mavs are over the cap even without Brunson at all, so paying him an extra 10 million a year has no effect on our ability to build the roster. It makes me laugh when I see fans grumbling about paying Brunson a bunch of money. Like, do you personally care about Mark Cuban's bank balance??
Old 06-27-2022, 12:21 PM   #301
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Well the Mavs were prepared to give Lowry 30 mil a year last summer right? So I don't see why that would stop them from giving much better JB the same money.

Again, money won't be the issue IMO. If Brunson leaves, then it will be because he wants to. Nico isn't stupid.

Old 06-27-2022, 12:30 PM   #302
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Well the Mavs were prepared to give Lowry 30 mil a year last summer right? So I don't see why that would stop them from giving much better JB the same money.

Again, money won't be the issue IMO. If Brunson leaves, then it will be because he wants to. Nico isn't stupid.
True. And that's why I'm not taking this stuff about him wanting to be the "lead guard" in NY that seriously. Nobody says that kind of thing to someone like Marc Stein without an agenda. He's just making sure the Mavs pony up. Because if he actually did want to go to NY and leave millions of dollars on the table, what the hell do you accomplish by telling the media first?
Old 06-27-2022, 12:38 PM   #303
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
True. And that's why I'm not taking this stuff about him wanting to be the "lead guard" in NY that seriously. Nobody says that kind of thing to someone like Marc Stein without an agenda. He's just making sure the Mavs pony up. Because if he actually did want to go to NY and leave millions of dollars on the table, what the hell do you accomplish by telling the media first?
And there really was no FA drama outside of this for a good week it seems like. Now the Kyrie stuff might take some of the steam out of the click bait.

And even Stein needs subscribers. I trust most of what he says, but even after saying the Knicks are a real threat goes on to say there is no clear frontrunner. Meaning there really isn't any news here.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 06-27-2022 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-27-2022, 03:53 PM   #304
BPo001
Diamond Member

Callie Caplan: Mavs officially announce assistant GM Keith Grant?s retirement after 42 seasons. He?ll remain a consultant to Nico Harrison and crew. Literally a franchise OG. ? via Twitter CallieCaplan
Old 06-27-2022, 06:23 PM   #305
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Kyrie is staying with the Nets.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 07:23 PM   #306
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Annnd Woj reporting that only the Lakers seem to be the team to get him.

Be wild if Kyrie declined his option to sign with the Lakers for 6 mil.
Even though the earth is flat...37 is still greater than 6.....that Duke education.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 07:51 PM   #307
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Even though the earth is flat...37 is still greater than 6.....that Duke education.
Must spread rep.
Old 06-27-2022, 08:42 PM   #308
BPo001
Diamond Member

Mavs TPE expired today I believe. Can anyone confirm?
Old 06-27-2022, 11:03 PM   #309
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Mavs TPE expired today I believe. Can anyone confirm?
Yes per Stein. Unlikely to use it.

Old 06-28-2022, 08:25 AM   #310
Amarelooms

Amarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the rough

Sounds like punk Brunson gone New York. Do they have any motivation do sign and trade with us. Need anything back even if trash - Cuban screwed this up. Messed up his initial deal and then not signing him during season to decent deal.
Amarelooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 08:43 AM   #311
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

One of the sign and trades that works is Noel and Burks and maybe a protected pick for Brunson.

It's not great, but I don't hate it. Noel fills in that bruiser/traditional center role and Burks is a nice gap filler until Hardy develops. Burks averages 12 ppg on 40% shooting, so that's not terrible. He's also a pretty good rebounder at 5 a game.

Old 06-28-2022, 08:46 AM   #312
Amarelooms

Amarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
One of the sign and trades that works is Noel and Burks and maybe a protected pick for Brunson.

It's not great, but I don't hate it. Noel fills in that bruiser/traditional center role and Burks is a nice gap filler until Hardy develops. Burks averages 12 ppg on 40% shooting, so that's not terrible. He's also a pretty good rebounder at 5 a game.
What about cam reddish
Old 06-28-2022, 08:58 AM   #313
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarelooms View Post
What about cam reddish
https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2022/6...-to-the-knicks

Ok so Noel plus Burks might not fit together. But yes, you could do Noel and Reddish. That doesn't really appeal to me as much. I'm not really a big fan of Reddish.

Old 06-28-2022, 09:05 AM   #314
Amarelooms

Quote:
https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2022/6...-to-the-knicks

Ok so Noel plus Burks might not fit together. But yes, you could do Noel and Reddish. That doesn't really appeal to me as much. I'm not really a big fan of Reddish.
Thanks. Give me Noel and reddish or burks and couple others -Can flip those players/contracts later. Just need something back

Last edited by Amarelooms; 06-28-2022 at 09:08 AM.
Old 06-28-2022, 09:12 AM   #315
Amarelooms

Also maybe tell Brunson get little more than 4/100. Then can get burks/reddish. Insane that they want pay him 25 mil a year. He?s not that guy. Insanity. Always one dumb team that overpays.

Last edited by Amarelooms; 06-28-2022 at 09:13 AM.
Old 06-28-2022, 09:15 AM   #316
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

If you're the Mavs hold out for Quickley... as of now the best path forward for all parties involved is a sign-and-trade (at least until the Knicks prove they can dump the remaining salary needed).

A S&T helps the Knicks avoid giving up assets to reduce salary, helps JB get the most possible money, and gives the Mavs something back. A lot of this will depend on whether JB is willing to play ball.
Old 06-28-2022, 09:27 AM   #317
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
If you're the Mavs hold out for Quickley... as of now the best path forward for all parties involved is a sign-and-trade (at least until the Knicks prove they can dump the remaining salary needed).

A S&T helps the Knicks avoid giving up assets to reduce salary, helps JB get the most possible money, and gives the Mavs something back. A lot of this will depend on whether JB is willing to play ball.
And I'm sure Brunson wants to do the Mavs right to get assets back.

I'd be good with Quickley, but I still think Burks fits better with Luka in the right now frame of mind. Both fit together, but I feel that Knicks wouldn't give up both.

Burks has the size, shooting, rebounding, and passing that makes a lot of sense. Add in Wood and Dragic, and it's really not the end of the world. And the rumor of getting Gary Payton II is nice as well.

I'm holding firm that Brunson doesn't turn down a fat Mavs offer though unless Stein or Woj says otherwise.

Old 06-28-2022, 10:25 AM   #318
BPo001
Diamond Member

Thursday can?t come soon enough. Hopefully JB makes his decision known quick because I don?t want to wait around (not that it matters because we can?t sign anyone else). Do the Knicks need us to do a SnT in order for them to pay Brunson what he might be looking for? Part of me wants to tell Brunson either sign with Dallas to our offer, or if you really want to go to NY then you sign whatever they can offer you. I think Cuban would do JB right though and help facilitate a deal to get him more money.

I?ve seen the Payton rumors, but I can?t see him leaving the Warriors. I also didn?t realize Payton is already 29 years old.

Last edited by BPo001; 06-28-2022 at 11:09 AM.
Old 06-28-2022, 10:43 AM   #319
Amarelooms

Rumor knicks trying send Noel to clippers. Won?t need us sign in trade. Might be screwed and become nightmare
Old 06-28-2022, 11:00 AM   #320
tap2390
Diamond Member

Not paying JB $27-30m a year is going to look like genius hindsight in 2-3 years. Mark my words.

Yes I get everyone's point about irreplaceable asset and we're capped out blah blah blah. All I know is we can't give away THJ at $17m. Signing JB at $28m puts a hard ceiling on our squad.