Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-23-2001, 02:48 PM   #1
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

A thought occurred to me this morning, and while I'll admit that it probably should have kept on going, the fact that the we have Don "Mad Scientist" Nelson as coach has allowed it to stick around long enough that I thought I would share.

Does anyone think there is a possibility that someday we might see Nelson go with not just a big but an enormous lineup for a stretch: Bradley at center, Booth at pf, Howard at sf, and Dirk and Wang at the guard spots?

Obviously, such a line-up would have enormous problems on D against dribbling guards--but that's miles of shot-blocking arms even after they beat their man and an absolute forest when it comes to jumpshots. It would also have problems with ball-handling on our offense, though both Dirk and Howard are both above-average on their ball-handling skills for men their size--but aside from steals it seems like it would be an impossible line-up to defend against with 6-9 Howard being the smallest player in the line-up.

Might be worth it just for the shock value.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2001, 03:09 PM   #2
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Nelson has been talking about a possible role for Howard as "Point Forward"... I think it is far more likely that in a year or two Nelson might employ some huge lineups that featured one point guard playing with all forward-center types... We have so much versatile size on this team that lineups like that might be inevitable...
Old 03-23-2001, 05:11 PM   #3
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

If we signed a couple of free agents this summer, we could go Manute Bol at C, Gheorghe Muresan at PF, Bradley at SF, Smits at SG, and Dirk at the point, then we could rotate Wang, Booth, and Howard in as backups... that would be a great rotation. We might have to cut Finley and Nash, though.
Old 03-23-2001, 05:24 PM   #4
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

"That's Crazy!"
"Yes! So crazy it must be True!"
We should keed Nellie from the chemistry sets...he may blow up the basement...
Old 03-23-2001, 05:33 PM   #5
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

This future Maverick could be the lynchpin for our "Big" lineup of the future...

Ri Myung Hoon

"It looks like he came from another world" remarked one awestruck observer...
Old 03-23-2001, 05:45 PM   #6
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

It makes him look like a darker Shawn Bradley
Old 03-23-2001, 05:55 PM   #7
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Like a 7-9 darker Bradley from another world...
Old 03-23-2001, 05:57 PM   #8
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Has he ever killed a lion with his spear?
Old 03-23-2001, 06:02 PM   #9
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Ri Myung Hoon, the world's tallest known athlete, said he is happy to play in the communist country ruled by Kim Jong Il.

"It's my honor to play games in the bosom of the general [Kim]. Then why do I need to go somewhere else to play?" Ri told South Korean reporters

Dirk Nowitzki used to make similar comments before his rookie year with the Mavs...
Old 03-23-2001, 08:20 PM   #10
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

he looks like a pansy
Old 03-24-2001, 03:55 AM   #11
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

I knew the communists had to mess around smoehow [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Has Ming played against any NBA talent??
Old 03-26-2001, 03:38 PM   #12
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

metaphorically speaking they put the "A" (bomb) in Wang
Old 03-26-2001, 03:40 PM   #13
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

no he hasn't Wang is a project by all acounts ... 2 or 3 years away at least.
Old 03-26-2001, 03:42 PM   #14
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Ming was the darling of the Nike All American camp last Summer...

According to ESPN the Magazine, Ming's "Got Next"...
Old 03-26-2001, 03:48 PM   #15
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

That guy looks like he was born in space.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 03:49 PM   #16
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

He probably was... The Red Chinese space program has made great strides over the last 25 years...
Old 03-26-2001, 05:18 PM   #17
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

I tell you what that would be crazy. We could be a big team, Bradley at center, Wang at Power forward, Howard at small forward, Dirk at two guard and Fin at the point!!!!
Old 03-26-2001, 09:41 PM   #18
derek harper

derek harper is on a distinguished road

get ming, dump bradley.
derek harper is offline   Reply With Quote