Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-16-2009, 04:04 PM   #81
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

sign Crhis Wilcox, work on a sign and trade with New York for Lee and might have to get another team involved. If we could find away to do this, and Odom goes to heat, I think we could be a title contender even with JJB as second string pg (most know how I feel about this, against big guards like Chancey). Again Odom though has to leave Lakers because without him, their bench is one of the worst in the nba, they would probably go after Marvin Williams then if they don't work out sign + trade, though Marvin is solid he isn't the player Lamar is
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2009, 08:03 PM   #82
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Wow CWilcox and Lee!
Old 07-17-2009, 01:20 AM   #83
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwitzki View Post
Wow CWilcox and Lee!
I wish Dallas gets a defensive C

CapitanObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:39 AM   #84
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'd be calling on Chris Mihm and see if he still has 10-15mpg left in him. He has a little something, but not much and LLE or vet min. Resign Hollins and Singleton.

Hold the MLE till the trade deadline to see if someone good gets cut.

Try and move the Buckshot for Felton, or good SG.

Try and move JHo for a Center (although I am not sure it is possible). Kaman, Camby, Okafor, even Brand at the position although he would be a small center.

Having Matrix by Dirk should eliminate many defensive problems that have been posed before.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 10:31 PM   #85
frozenking

frozenking is on a distinguished road

Every minute with dampier on the field to me means COMPLETE ineffectiveness of kidd, kidd already suks on offense now and if hes not getting the ball to athletic players hes pretty much useless... he is like JOhn stockton now at the end of his game, a distributer not a scorer.
frozenking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 03:37 AM   #86
Emjo21

Emjo21 is on a distinguished road

Anybody up for Jermaine O'Neal? I think he's yet sign a contract with the Heat. (anybody's an upgrade over Damp)
Emjo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 04:45 AM   #87
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjo21 View Post
Anybody up for Jermaine O'Neal? I think he's yet sign a contract with the Heat. (anybody's an upgrade over Damp)
He's already signed for the 09-10 season with the Heat but can opt out next season. Plus his salary is $23mil so...we pretty much can't obtain him.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 07-19-2009 at 04:47 AM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 06:57 AM   #88
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You're the 2nd person to bring up JO on this board in the last couple days...

Seriously - how retarded are you people?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:36 AM   #89
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenking View Post
Every minute with dampier on the field to me means COMPLETE ineffectiveness of kidd, kidd already suks on offense now and if hes not getting the ball to athletic players hes pretty much useless... he is like JOhn stockton now at the end of his game, a distributer not a scorer.
Quote:

What the hell happened to this board last night?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:20 AM   #90
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
What the hell happened to this board last night?
My own personal hell...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:38 AM   #91
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
My own personal hell...
gotta love the noobs...all full of excitement and wide eyed wonder...but so little actual understanding of the world around them.

Wait...I meant *infants*..you gotta love infants. I can't stand the noobs.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:53 PM   #92
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

I've been thinking about it and I honestly don't see many ways to acquire a solid 5 as it stands. I mean yeah, we have the trade pieces to make it work (eventually), but I don't see any team out there taking our garbage for their solid 5 for $5m in salary savings.

This makes me just want to re-sign Hollins and start looking for depth at other positions, and maybe another unproven 5 that's.. idk.. not white.
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 01:56 PM   #93
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Racism... I hate that almost as much as I hate the polish.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:26 PM   #94
Emjo21

sorry for being such an "infant". anyway, I went through the remaining free agent list and there's really not much left among the centers.. what's the best we have to offer to play for the trades (boozer, etc if it's even possible..=D )?
Old 07-19-2009, 04:18 PM   #95
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

How about signing Rasho for the vet's minimum? He's not that much, but for those few times when you need a big center who is also a threat to score on the offensive end, he could fill the bill.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 04:59 PM   #96
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic View Post
Racism... I hate that almost as much as I hate the polish.
I'm a cracker too, silly billy. Lowfive.
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 06:35 PM   #97
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4lyfe201 View Post
cuban and donnie got problems now. forget lookin for a starting SG. they need a center who can score. donnie nelson is horrible at making moves, im scared for us.
anyone think Josh Howard can be a shooting guard with Matrix as the 3 or vice versa?

I have always wished the Mavs could land a scoring center. Obviously, they have tried to pick up some help at that position.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 06:56 PM   #98
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousSummer View Post
How about signing Rasho for the vet's minimum? He's not that much, but for those few times when you need a big center who is also a threat to score on the offensive end, he could fill the bill.
I was thinking the same thing.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:22 AM   #99
Emjo21

we got Gooden.. not that good but can score as C..
Old 07-26-2009, 03:53 PM   #100
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

I´m referring now to the DLord "eat that Crow" article on Dallasbasketball.com and his roster analysis.

Given that we already have 15 guarantees under contract for the season, I´d place a bet on us using the Buck Shot in early September in a 3 for 2 player trade to get us an additional piece and probably try to sign another body upfront before (Singleton or Hollins). I don´t think we´ll cut Jawai - he might be raw, but quite possibly he´s more of a center project we´ll ever get another way. I might see Humphries go, but for now, I´d think along another line ...

Following that theory, how do you think about that proposal:

Dallas trades away

Buckner, JJ Barea, Josh Howard

to Chicago in exchange for

Luol Deng and Kirk Hinrich and maybe a protected 1st rounder

Why it makes sense for us?

We get a quality "backup" for Kiddo who can also serve as a spot up 3pt shooter, and we get a younger Swingman who might not have much of a future in Chicago anyways (and we´re exploring another foreign market that way, too).

Chicago OTOH saves long term money while giving up "only" second fiddle guys, and might get something of value in return in Josh.

Our roster afterwards:

Damp, Gooden, Jawai
Dirk, Marion, Humphries
Deng, Williams
Terry, Ross, Carroll
Kidd, Hinrich, Beaubois

plus one body upfront (Singleton, Hollins)

Looks more balanced to me than our current roster.