Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 07-28-2009, 12:35 PM   #1
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default Kirk Hinrich anyone?

I don't know if Portland was able to get Hinrich but I think the Mavs should try to get him. He will split time with Kidd at the point and when Kidd retires or leaves, he can easily be the pg of the future. The Mavs will still be keeping an eye out for the development of Roddy B. He is making 9 mil expiring in 2012. After that, its probably rebuilding time for the Mavs. Its very obvious on how the Mavs can get him. Use the Buck Shot!

Dallas trades:
Buck
JJB
Either Humphries or Williams or cash to make salaries match

Chicago trades:
Kirk

Why will Chicago do it? It unloads Kirk's contract and they get back a servicable backup point guard in JJB. It looks like they have pegged their future on Derrick Rose. Kirk doesn't have a role there.

Why do Mavs do it? Well, they will get a really good backup point guard and Kidd doesn't have to play a lot of minutes. Kirk can also be their future point guard.

Mavs should also try to get Aaron Gray if the Bulls are willing to part with him.

Of course the caveat is that everyone waits till Sept.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:25 PM   #2
mavsticofan

mavsticofan is on a distinguished road

Good partners, regarding this topic, I agree on obtaining Kirk Hinrich, so much so for some time I think that it could be a good investment for Dallas, the boy is good, it happens well, good shooter it can defend shooters and guards you can even improvise of shooter or 2 when it is necessary that but, to yes, he can make you damage of 3 points.
I vote to go for Kirk Hinrich, it would be very good.
mavsticofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:14 PM   #3
dwitzki

dwitzki is on a distinguished road

den how we gon replace JJB
dwitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:16 PM   #4
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Kirk is JJB's replacement. He's a natural pg.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:18 PM   #5
dwitzki

o yea ur rite
well i really dont like it cause
kirk dont drive the ball
N JJB do
Old 07-28-2009, 10:17 PM   #6
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Getting a Center is more important that getting Heinrich. But if there's no Center's available for the Buck shot, then why not lol He'd be a huge upgrade from JJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:20 PM   #7
dwitzki

well that would Be a good trade
Old 07-29-2009, 12:03 AM   #8
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

they would have to really want the salary cap relief to do this. seems like they can get more for Heinrich.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:23 AM   #9
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

hell no to heirich!!!
we got roddy B!!!!!
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:32 AM   #10
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

At this point I don't think it would be worth the salary/ development of JJB and Roddy
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:50 AM   #11
dwitzki

sorry but who is roddy
Old 07-29-2009, 10:44 AM   #12
Emjo21

Emjo21 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwitzki View Post
sorry but who is roddy
err rodrigue beaubois.
Emjo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:16 AM   #13
dwitzki

o yea forgot about him
he ben doin gud
he got a gud shot
well i say kirk will B a steal cause roddy brings samthang to the table dat JJB do
Old 07-29-2009, 11:27 AM   #14
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
o yea forgot about him
he ben doin gud
he got a gud shot
well i say kirk will B a steal cause roddy brings samthang to the table dat JJB do
wat

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:08 PM   #15
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
o yea forgot about him
he ben doin gud
he got a gud shot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
wat
Hahahahahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:13 PM   #16
mavsfan4lyfe201

mavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these parts

i really dont see the point in getting hinrich..we really have no use for him

unless JJ starts suckin it up, hes proven to be a nice back up

an SG(who can stroke it) or a C(with post game) is clearly the 2 spots we need to improve
mavsfan4lyfe201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:58 PM   #17
Simon2
Diamond Member

Is JJ the point guard of the future? I think Hinrich can fill that role. Yes, he's not a sexy player but his numbers are good. He can definitely run the show with Dirk, Marion and Howard. I think having Terry and Hnrich play a hybrid type of point guard role would work just fine. Either of them can run the point. Both are good 3 pt shooters.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:11 PM   #18
mavsfan4lyfe201

mavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these parts

i like jj more than hinrich cause he creates

hinrich is clearly the better shooter..

honestly, ive got big hopes for roddy beaubois, im hopin he becomes a barbosa/rondo/harris type player..he is the ideal pg of the future

now i dont mind hinrich as a backup PG..but using the buckshot on that isnt my first choice..id highly prefer a C or SG

odds are were getting a SG
mavsfan4lyfe201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:36 PM   #19
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2 View Post
Is JJ the point guard of the future? I think Hinrich can fill that role. Yes, he's not a sexy player but his numbers are good. He can definitely run the show with Dirk, Marion and Howard. I think having Terry and Hnrich play a hybrid type of point guard role would work just fine. Either of them can run the point. Both are good 3 pt shooters.
Ever hear of a cat named Roddy Beaubois?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:01 PM   #20
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

hoo iz dats?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:09 PM   #21
poohhooper

poohhooper is on a distinguished road

For those who don't know... The major attributes to Kirk Hinrich are his basketball IQ and his ability to defend. The boy flat out can play.. He's not a "ballacholic" player. Meaning that you can't put him on any team and expect him to be successful, but on the right team with a high level of basketball IQ, he is an absolute steal.. I've been clamoring about getting him for two years... I guess we can only wish..
poohhooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:47 PM   #22
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

I have wanted this for a while. Idk our PG situation is interesting rite now. But I would take a Kidd/ Kirk/ Frenchie as our 3 pgs.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote