Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #81
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I grew up on Godzilla movies so I do think I probably held it to a higher standard. I probably would have liked it more if I was that age again.

**SPOILER**

Few things that bugged me...

What bothered me was the lack of elements. I loved in old Godzilla movies that no matter how futile it was that tanks, howitzers, and jets still put in a good fight. This movie helicopters just flew around doing nothing. And no Jets, Tanks or anything. Even in the beginning of the movie they said they took down a monster with just those since they had no choice at that point. But later on, only the robots and people in them fought.

Also, did we need another "end of the world" movie? Plenty of big monster movies, including that awful Emmerich Godzilla, weren't about the end of the world. The original Godzilla was also not about the end of the world. We've seen that played out a zillion times now. Funny that Longhorn said his friend thought it was the best movie since Independence day since the very end of Rim was basically the same ending.
**PACIFIC RIM SPOILERS**

I wasn't too bugged by that, but I've become used to the military/police/government acting like bumbling idiots in these movies... I mean, every soldier left their post to clap for the hero right after the second fight, which even the dumbest soldier wouldn't do. Hollywood, man, Hollywood.

Plus, it would make for too much chaos, visually, if the entire military joined the jaegers in the fight.

I actually had a bigger problem with our hero saying that he had an "analog" jaeger because it was nuclear powered, even though all the instruments were clearly digital... I mean, what the hell is a "digital" power source, anyway? Doesn't matter, since EMPs don't affect power sources directly - they affect electronics/microprocessors. You'd have to be 100% mechanical and gas (or steam) powered to get around that.

But I don't watch popcorn flicks for good science or logical character motivation, so whatever...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-14-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2013, 02:21 AM   #82
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

As soon as it makes a theater here in Seattle, I will be seeing Fruitvale Station, starring Michael B. Jordan and Kevin Durand. Also, William Laimbeer, Majick Johnson, Dwain Waid, and Robert Petit.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #83
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I enjoyed Pacific Rim a lot. I only wish there had been more Charlie Day.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:11 AM   #84
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Saw Elysium yesterday. Have to say that I was somewhat disappointed. I knew it wasnt going to be as smart as D9 going in, but I still thought they dumbed it down too much. The action and effects were top rate, but I just felt kinda empty leaving the theater. Also, Blomkomp just needs to make Halo already. I mean, if he sold out to make Elysium, then why not Halo? There are just so many elements in Elysium that are taken from Halo that I just want to see it made already.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #85
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Saw Elysium yesterday. Have to say that I was somewhat disappointed. I knew it wasnt going to be as smart as D9 going in, but I still thought they dumbed it down too much. The action and effects were top rate, but I just felt kinda empty leaving the theater. Also, Blomkomp just needs to make Halo already. I mean, if he sold out to make Elysium, then why not Halo? There are just so many elements in Elysium that are taken from Halo that I just want to see it made already.
Pretty much my thoughts. Too many cliches. Too dumbed down. Acting for a couple of characters was downright awful. I wanted a lot more back story and build up.

Some really good ideas and the action was top notch (although too brutally violent for my taste). Mainly, it just had amazing potential as a Sci-fi world. Still, it's not a terrible movie. It was just disappointing how much potential it left on the cutting room floor.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 08-11-2013 at 11:07 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #86
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Elysium is this year's Terminator Salvation: A cool idea, great looking trailers, but all of the good stuff was in the trailers and most of the rest of the movie is filler scenes and lame sci-fi clichés.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #87
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

We are the Millers was hilarious. The raunchy factor was a bit much for some people I went with, but I thought it was consistently funny. Had some good laughs throughout mixed with big laughs at different parts of the movie.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #88
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Elysium is this year's Terminator Salvation: A cool idea, great looking trailers, but all of the good stuff was in the trailers and most of the rest of the movie is filler scenes and lame sci-fi clichés.
Come on it wasn't that bad. You people have too high expectations for action sci-fi movies. Did you think Max would to look into a snowglobe at the end and mutter "rosebud'? At least it wasn't Superman-level unrealistic stupidity.

Last edited by Ninkobei; 08-11-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #89
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei View Post
Come on it wasn't that bad. You people have too high expectations for action sci-fi movies. Did you think Max would to look into a snowglobe at the end and mutter "rosebud'? At least it wasn't Superman-level unrealistic stupidity.
My reply to this would be the disadvantage of coming out in August after the plethora of mindless summer action films have already come out. There just wasn't anything new in Elysium that we haven't seen before.

Old 09-27-2013, 08:55 AM   #90
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Rush... phenomenal..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:25 AM   #91
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Really looking forward to he "Captain Phillips" movie staring Tom Hanks.
Comes out Oct.11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

now try this link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D36VztJ8oaQ
dirt_dobber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #92
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Saw "Prisoners two days ago... probably my favorite movie of the year so far. Great performances by the entire cast and some good drama.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:15 PM   #93
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Saw "Prisoners two days ago... probably my favorite movie of the year so far. Great performances by the entire cast and some good drama.
Agree with the positive review for the movie.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:12 AM   #94
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Saw Elysium.. Honestly, about an hour after the movie, I had difficulty remembering what movie I had just watched. It was completely forgetful.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:41 AM   #95
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Saw Elysium.. Honestly, about an hour after the movie, I had difficulty remembering what movie I had just watched. It was completely forgetful.
Bingo. They didn't explain, well, anything to be honest.

Old 10-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #96
Murphy3
Guru

It probably didn't help Elysium that I saw Rush right after it..
Old 10-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #97
Murphy3
Guru

Captain Phillips.... Very good
Gravity... pretty good, worth seeing
Prisoners... pretty good
Don Jon... Surprisingly good

Worst of the group in my opinion was Gravity. I suppose I never believed Sandra Bullock and George Clooney as astronauts. Clooney is an excellent actor, but I have difficulty watching his movies and thinking of him as anything other than perhaps the luckiest man on the face of the earth.

Last edited by Murphy3; 10-11-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:30 PM   #98
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Clooney is an excellent actor, but I have difficulty watching his movies and thinking of him as anything other than perhaps the luckiest man on the face of the earth.
That's why I feel "Up In the Air" was such a good role for him - that role fit my exact expectation of what George Clooney is like in real life.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:00 AM   #99
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Finally saw Gravity last night and thought it was OK. Definitely the most overrated movie of the year in my view. I mean, really, it is just a beautiful looking disaster flick in which you know almost nothing about the characters with little dialogue. It really just plays the same trick of "almost didn't make it but did" over and over again. I suppose I've just grown tired of high budget movies that are all style and no substance. As if adding a little depth to the plot and characters will narrow the audience. Eh well, I didn't hate it, but B- would be my generous grade.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #100
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Haven't seen it, but this was exactly what I was expecting.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:25 AM   #101
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

DOPE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLWsK1ZFunA
Old 10-26-2013, 12:37 AM   #102
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
can't tell if this is just a snazzy trailer for a cruddy movie or an actual representation of the movie. Either way, I'm in.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:06 AM   #103
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Getting impatient like crazy to see Twelve Years a Slave. Chiwetel Ejiofor, Michael Fassbender, Benedict Cumberbatch, Paul Dano, and Paul Giamatti in the same film? It's like an orgy of great acting.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 10-26-2013 at 03:07 AM.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #104
Murphy3
Guru

Can't wait for Dallas Buyer's Club...looks phenomenal. McConaughey is about the best actor going right now.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #105
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Finally saw Gravity last night and thought it was OK. Definitely the most overrated movie of the year in my view. I mean, really, it is just a beautiful looking disaster flick in which you know almost nothing about the characters with little dialogue. It really just plays the same trick of "almost didn't make it but did" over and over again. I suppose I've just grown tired of high budget movies that are all style and no substance. As if adding a little depth to the plot and characters will narrow the audience. Eh well, I didn't hate it, but B- would be my generous grade.
A agree. Been there today. More depth and some more minutes would have been great, but it is a very exciting movie.

Btw. First time i took a p/ss with those 3D googles on. Amazing !!!

Going to watch Finsterworld tomorrow and i hope i can manage to see the Niki Lauda flick as well.

Last edited by GermanDunk; 10-27-2013 at 08:23 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:35 PM   #106
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Oh god, The Xmen movies were so bad until the reboot, but I'm really looking forward to Days of Future Past after the trailer today. Summer can't come soon enough.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #107
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Oh god, The Xmen movies were so bad until the reboot, but I'm really looking forward to Days of Future Past after the trailer today. Summer can't come soon enough.
Erica, I usually really enjoy your posts..but I'm going to have to disagree with you here. However, thank you for your input.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #108
Murphy3
Guru

Anyone seen 12 Years a Slave?

Last edited by Murphy3; 10-30-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:50 PM   #109
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Quote:
Anyone seen 12 Years a Slave?
For who knows what reason Seattle didn't get an early release. I'll see it on Friday night when it comes out nationwide.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:36 PM   #110
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Okay, just for back from Twelve Years a Slave. One of the best movies I've ever seen, and also probably one that I don't think I could ever watch again.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #111
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

I am a huge Cormac McCarthy "fan", even though he doesn't like to have fans. With that being said, The Counselor was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. The screen play didn't translate at all to the screen. You cannot expect the audience to be in constant interpretation mode. I took from the movie that people are bad and sometimes coincidences get you killed....and druglords are poets (obviously) Totally disappointed and we used an Alamo Drafthouse coupon to watch it.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:00 PM   #112
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I rented The Story of Luke last night. Absolutely awesome. There were several scenes that were hilarious because of the main character's brutal honesty.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #113
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Movies I have seen recently:

Thor - The Dark World: Good, I think I liked it better than the first, definitely more action.

Frozen: Really liked this one (although I'd say I liked Tangled better). But the overall message of the movie was quite refreshing compared to traditional Disney princess stuff.

Hobbit - Desolation of Smaug: Good, MUUUUUUUUUCH better than the first. But still just too damn long. There is no reason jackson couldn't have made these 2 movies instead of 3. So much stuff he could have cut from the first and second films.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:16 PM   #114
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Blue Jasmine- Very good. Cate Blanchet is a near shoe-in for best actress.

Rush- Decent and Daniel Bruhl was great.

Dallas Buyers Club- Started off strong but went on too long and lacked plot. Leto and Mcconaughey were great.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #115
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Saw Catching Fire. It was pretty sub-par. Some great performances, but it basically summed up why most movies from books/games don't work out-- most of the time you can't just do a scene-by-scene filming and have it feel anything but disjointed
Old 12-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #116
Murphy3
Guru

I thought Catching Fire was solid..

Erica, you do realize how many tremendous movies there are that have been created from books, don't you? Your comment is ...odd. Yes, there are some misses..

Last edited by Murphy3; 12-17-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:11 PM   #117
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
I thought Catching Fire was solid..
I'm happy you liked it.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #118
Murphy3
Guru

Why in the world was my post edited? Talk about an overzealous mod...
Old 12-21-2013, 04:59 PM   #119
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

actually liked Hobbit pt. 2 quite a lot. Pt 1 was interesting, but seemed to suffer most from stretching the films into 3 movies. I was actually pleasantly surprised by the barrel scene and may see it again if I need a few hours away from the family during the holidays.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:06 PM   #120
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

The barrel scene was very well done, except for those weird random gopro camera shots.

In fact, I was surprise by the number of times I was taken out of the film due to sub-par effects. Effects were great in some areas, and yet in others, the green screen was painfully obvious.