Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-06-2017, 12:52 AM   #401
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Get Out was amazing and far surpassed my expectations. Not really scary but very entertaining.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:17 AM   #402
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Ryan Gosling is my favorite actor out right now (along with Gyllenhaal), but I cant bring myself to watch this. idk breaking out in song all movie isnt my thing. And I dont think these roles maximize his potential.
That isn't really what is wrong with the movie...although the music, dancing, dialogue, and acting are all mediocre to bad. The music especially sounds like it was written by a 10 year old.

The major problem with the movie is that it basically decides to stop being a musical about a third of the way through. Pretty sure it was done on purpose, but it doesn't make it good. It's all about the purity of something versus having to adapt to modern times. Like, we're not mature enough to be able to watch a classic musical and instead need some sort of fusion product.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 11:15 PM   #403
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

LOVED Guardians of the Galaxy 2... It succeeded the same way as The Empire Strikes Back in that it used the sequel to explore the rich, new world it had created rather than retreading the same ground that made the first movie work (the character reintroductions had me a bit worried in the first 15 minutes, but it quickly found its footing)... And the best part about it is that they left all the MCU movie connecting for the post credit scenes -- none of that "Thanos does nothing" BS from the first one.

Funnier, more emotional, and every single character had an arc -- even minor players like Yondu and Nebula had fleshed-out emotional cores in this one... And I think Rocket had almost as much screen time and importance as StarLord, which was refreshing. The screen time was divvied up nicely between all the characters. Hell, it even had a good villain with a clear motivation, which hasn't exactly been Marvel's strong suit in the past.

Updated Marvel list:

Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Guardians of the Galaxy
The Avengers
Captain America: Civil War
Captain America: The First Avenger
Thor
Iron Man
Dr. Strange
Ant-Man
Iron Man 3
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Thor: The Dark World
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2

Gotta admit that I'm also stoked about Thor: Ragnarok... Taika Waititi seems to be brining the GotG vibe, which fits with both the Thor comics and Waititi's lighter-hearted comedic style (check out What We Do in the Shadows if you have a chance!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-14-2017 at 11:27 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:01 AM   #404
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
LOVED Guardians of the Galaxy 2...
Gotta admit that I'm also stoked about Thor: Ragnarok...
I didn't think 2 was as good as the original but it was still very good. And I'm really excited about the new Thor movie. I've been loving the Thor spoofs on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzPHRHsyEDE
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:56 AM   #405
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

GOTG2 was good for a sequel, but it definitely had some issues. I thought the bad guy was so painfully obvious that it dragged the movie down a notch or two just on that. Also didn't like that most of the guardians sat around on a planet for 2/3's of the movie not really doing anything.

Still, it was fun and funny as it should be.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:09 AM   #406
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
I didn't think 2 was as good as the original but it was still very good. And I'm really excited about the new Thor movie. I've been loving the Thor spoofs on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzPHRHsyEDE
GotG 2 was great. Maybe not first movie good, but great.

And yeah, I adore Taika Waititi and so excited to see what he brings. Marvel has done an excellent job bringing the humor and Waititi could be one of the most skilled and creative directors of comedy.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:57 PM   #407
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
LOVED Guardians of the Galaxy 2... It succeeded the same way as The Empire Strikes Back in that it used the sequel to explore the rich, new world it had created rather than retreading the same ground that made the first movie work (the character reintroductions had me a bit worried in the first 15 minutes, but it quickly found its footing)... And the best part about it is that they left all the MCU movie connecting for the post credit scenes -- none of that "Thanos does nothing" BS from the first one.

Funnier, more emotional, and every single character had an arc -- even minor players like Yondu and Nebula had fleshed-out emotional cores in this one... And I think Rocket had almost as much screen time and importance as StarLord, which was refreshing. The screen time was divvied up nicely between all the characters. Hell, it even had a good villain with a clear motivation, which hasn't exactly been Marvel's strong suit in the past.

Updated Marvel list:

Guardians of the Galaxy
The Avengers
Thor
Iron Man
Dr. Strange
Ant-Man
Iron Man 3
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2

Gotta admit that I'm also stoked about Thor: Ragnarok... Taika Waititi seems to be brining the GotG vibe, which fits with both the Thor comics and Waititi's lighter-hearted comedic style (check out What We Do in the Shadows if you have a chance!)
Ant Man and Dr. Strange would both be higher on my list. Very good movies.. haven't seen the GotG2 yet.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:57 PM   #408
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Went to see King Arthur last night.. It was easily one of the worst 5 movies that I've ever seen in the theaters.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:26 PM   #409
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Alien Covenant was total garbage. Ridley Scott still can't find a good screenplay to direct in many, many years.

Old 05-22-2017, 10:40 PM   #410
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Alien Covenant was total garbage. Ridley Scott still can't find a good screenplay to direct in many, many years.
Alien and Blade Runner are the only two great movies he's ever directed, and that was 35+ years ago... I'd say the Martian was good, not great -- but that was more Andy Weir and Matt Damon than Ridley Scott... I also thought Black Hawk Down was solid... But everything else he's ever directed has ranged from massively overrated (Gladiator) to downright awful (the last two Alien movies).

Last edited by Underdog; 05-22-2017 at 10:43 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:33 PM   #411
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Have to disagree. I was a fan of Prometheus and a fan of AC.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:33 AM   #412
Murphy3
Guru

I walked out of Prometheus...haven't seen AC yet.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:51 AM   #413
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I walked out of Prometheus...haven't seen AC yet.
It is 100% a sequel to Prometheus, but they had to name it Alien or people wouldn't see it. The fact that AC only pulled in 36 million opening weekend shows that didn't work. There is nothing worse than a movie that is unsure of what it wants to be.

But the worst part is that the special effects were borderline bad. Some of the scenes were so obviously green screened that it was laughable. And the low for these days 97 mil budget is likely the reason.

Old 05-23-2017, 12:45 PM   #414
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Exactly half of my friends love the movie. The other half feel the way you do. No one is on the fence about it.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:00 PM   #415
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Good Sci-Fi is rare these days. I wonder how Interstellar made it into the #250 with an astronaut, that can fly through worm-holes, but has to drive to the launch pad in a poor Pick Up. Stunning.
I go with old school films, i don´t know. And i still have no clue why 50 TV channels are needed when the only Hitchcock films, that are shown, are the usual suspects.

Last edited by GermanDunk; 05-24-2017 at 12:07 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:13 PM   #416
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I may be the only one, but I'm actually really excited for Valerian.

Looks super cheesy, but Fifth Element was too and it's one of my top 15 films.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:31 PM   #417
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Good Sci-Fi is rare these days. I wonder how Interstellar made it into the #250 with an astronaut, that can fly through worm-holes, but has to drive to the launch pad in a poor Pick Up. Stunning.
I go with old school films, i don´t know. And i still have no clue why 50 TV channels are needed when the only Hitchcock films, that are shown, are the usual suspects.
Speaking of old school films, I just watched a good "older" movie from the early 80's starring Robert Duvall. Tender Mercies... wow, what a tremendous understated movie. Not much of anything happens in the movie but I was glued to the TV the entire time anyways.. tremendous acting.... It's amazing how much a great actor like Duvall can make a movie about every day life extraordinarily watchable.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:44 PM   #418
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Speaking of old school films, I just watched a good "older" movie from the early 80's starring Robert Duvall. Tender Mercies... wow, what a tremendous understated movie. Not much of anything happens in the movie but I was glued to the TV the entire time anyways.. tremendous acting.... It's amazing how much a great actor like Duvall can make a movie about every day life extraordinarily watchable.
Good hint. Thanks. I like Bob Duvall. Unfortunately many films and actors are not as recognized as they should be.
Btw. You still must watch " Wohnung "

Last edited by GermanDunk; 05-24-2017 at 02:45 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 03:40 PM   #419
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Anyone watched "Life" ?
Old 06-02-2017, 05:24 PM   #420
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder Woman was soooooooo good
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 11:30 PM   #421
Murphy3
Guru

Wonder Woman was pretty good.. had a lot of silly action. I felt like perhaps critics felt like they had to say it was better than it actually was because it's a female super hero movie. Gadot was solid.. Pine was awesome. The action probably was the main thing that held the movie back a little.
Old 06-06-2017, 09:13 AM   #422
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

I actually didn't care for WW. IMO the story seemed to be very stale and she over matched anyone she was fighting. But then I'm pretty heavily Marvel biased. I don't think Marvel has put out a bad movie yet including Iron Man 3 which was kind of 'meh'.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 12:48 PM   #423
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
I actually didn't care for WW. IMO the story seemed to be very stale and she over matched anyone she was fighting. But then I'm pretty heavily Marvel biased. I don't think Marvel has put out a bad movie yet including Iron Man 3 which was kind of 'meh'.
Wonder Woman's main foil was kinda....lame.
Old 06-06-2017, 03:28 PM   #424
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Good hint. Thanks. I like Bob Duvall. Unfortunately many films and actors are not as recognized as they should be.
Btw. You still must watch " Wohnung "
Umm... Have you ever seen "Wild Horses"? He not only acts, but wrote and directed it, ANNND has his wife star in it and it's the worst gd movie I've ever seen.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4442130/

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 02:18 PM   #425
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Wonder Woman wasn't a great movie, but I enjoyed the heck out of it.
Old 06-10-2017, 04:12 PM   #426
Underdog

Just saw Wonder Woman, easily the best DCEU movie so far -- by a long shot. Unlike their brooding Superman and murderous Batman, they finally did their title character....(wait for it).... justice. Nice to see that they didn't screw up Diana, hope Joss Whedon can continue the course correction in Justice League (assuming they do enough reshoots to mend Snyder's grimdark fever dream).

Here's how the shared universe stacks up:

Wonder Woman
Man of Steel
5 more years of GSW vs. CLE Finals
Batman v Superman
Suicide Squad

Old 06-10-2017, 06:22 PM   #427
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Lego Batman
Batman Begins
Wonder Woman
Dark Knight
Dark Knight Rises
Man of Steel
Suicide Squad
Batman vs Superman
Old 06-10-2017, 06:30 PM   #428
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Lego Batman
Batman Begins
Wonder Woman
Dark Knight
Dark Knight Rises
Man of Steel
Suicide Squad
Batman vs Superman
I was just ranking the current iteration... Otherwise you gotta talk about Green Lantern, which ranks somewhere in the BvS basement.

Also, you like Wonder Woman better than The Dark Knight? Interesting... Not that I disagree with that -- I thought TDK had higher highs, but lower lows... There were a couple things that bugged me about that movie (like the boat-bomb scene, or the Joker being left with a bunch of rich party guests after Batman jumps out the window to save Rachel -- like, wtf, how did that wrap itself up?? You gotta give me SOMETHING, Nolan!)

Wonder Woman was just a damn solid movie. Maybe not as iconic, but damn solid. Patty Jenkins, Gal Gadot, and Chris Pine nailed it (the DCEU has REALLY lacked the levity that Pine brought, which kept this from becoming another grimdark affair).

Last edited by Underdog; 06-10-2017 at 06:38 PM.
Old 06-11-2017, 12:03 AM   #429
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Green Lantern still stands as one of only two movies I've walked out of. Still haven't finished
Old 06-12-2017, 10:53 PM   #430
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Umm... Have you ever seen "Wild Horses"? He not only acts, but wrote and directed it, ANNND has his wife star in it and it's the worst gd movie I've ever seen.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4442130/
No, i haven´t. I´ll skip it then. I mostly watch movies when they are old. And new western movies...hm, i don´t know. Might be, there are some good ones. I liked Bone Tomahawk. Must say, it really delivered.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:10 AM   #431
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
No, i haven´t. I´ll skip it then. I mostly watch movies when they are old. And new western movies...hm, i don´t know. Might be, there are some good ones. I liked Bone Tomahawk. Must say, it really delivered.
If you like Duvall and haven't seen Lonesome Dove..it's a must see.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:13 AM   #432
Murphy3
Guru

I'd personally put any of the Bale Batman movies a notch or two above Wonder Woman... and Lego Batman above Wonder Woman as well if you feel the need to include it... Wonder Woman was a solid C+ to B-... a good movie..one that I'm glad I went to see..but not one that I'll watch again unless someone I'm with wants to watch it.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:36 PM   #433
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Quote:
If you like Duvall and haven't seen Lonesome Dove..it's a must see.
I certainly would watch this, but i fear, the times for high quality TV are over. As far as Germany is concerned.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:51 PM   #434
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Dunkirk was really good. Amazing there is really no clear protagonist, antagonist, or love story and yet it was still so good. It's great to see what war really is...utter confusion and survival being the greatest victory.

Old 07-21-2017, 09:59 PM   #435
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Did I mention Baby Driver was amazing

Spider-Man was really good, too. Almost sad that the kid won against Keaton
Old 04-29-2018, 01:13 PM   #436
Underdog

So I re-watched all the Marvel movies leading up to Infinity War, then finally got around to seeing it today... Maybe it's recency bias, or maybe it's just because of the type of superhero movies I enjoy, but here's my updated list of all-time MCU movies:

Avengers: Infinity War
Thor: Ragnarok
Guardians of the Galaxy
The Avengers
Black Panther
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Dr. Strange
Ant-Man
Iron Man
Thor
Iron Man 3
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2

Last edited by Underdog; 04-29-2018 at 01:14 PM.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:56 AM   #437
Luke

Luke is a jewel in the roughLuke is a jewel in the roughLuke is a jewel in the roughLuke is a jewel in the rough

I'm getting a bit behind. I haven't seen:
Avengers: Infinity War
GotG 2
Black Panther
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 08:31 AM   #438
Luke

Luke is a jewel in the roughLuke is a jewel in the roughLuke is a jewel in the roughLuke is a jewel in the rough

Major, major Star Wars and Avengers fatigue... no interest in seeing Black Panther.. Haven't seen the last two Star Wars movies..
Old 06-26-2018, 09:03 PM   #439
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Major, major Star Wars and Avengers fatigue... no interest in seeing Black Panther.. Haven't seen the last two Star Wars movies..
Solo was a total disaster and now all stand alones are put on hold.

Star Wars was killed by Kathleen Kennedy and the social justice warriors trying too hard to diversify it. Had a reverse effect.

Old 06-27-2018, 08:01 AM   #440
Luke

Quote:
Solo was a total disaster and now all stand alones are put on hold.

Star Wars was killed by Kathleen Kennedy and the social justice warriors trying too hard to diversify it. Had a reverse effect.
I honestly haven't cared for much of anything Star Wars since Empire Strikes back with the exception of Rogue One. That was really, really good. The Force Awakens was pretty ok, but the villain is terrible..