Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-31-2006, 02:21 AM   #81
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

You whore

Any tips for platformers?

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2006, 05:29 PM   #82
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Just got Madden 07, and I'm about to play it. I'm stoked!!

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 08:22 AM   #83
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Cant wait for Live 07!!!

Old 09-03-2006, 11:10 AM   #84
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Madden 07 is AWESOME. They have this cool new mode called Superstar, and you create a player, he gets drafted and then you control him throughout his career in the NFL and try to get him into the Hall of Fame. It's pretty sweet.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 09-03-2006, 01:25 PM   #85
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Hell naw! That sounds sick tight man.

Old 09-03-2006, 05:02 PM   #86
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Its a "sick tight" mode with one major flaw. Camera angles. They try to give you the perspective as if you were that player. Which is nice in theory but severely limits your vision on a TV, as all you can see is pretty much whats right in front of you. You'll be "blindsided" over and over. Its very difficult to get anywhere consistantly.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:39 PM   #87
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonestarROB
Its a "sick tight" mode with one major flaw. Camera angles. They try to give you the perspective as if you were that player. Which is nice in theory but severely limits your vision on a TV, as all you can see is pretty much whats right in front of you. You'll be "blindsided" over and over. Its very difficult to get anywhere consistantly.
Yeah, it makes it tough, but I've pretty much gotten used to it. You can probably adjust it a little bit, but I think it just takes getting used to. What position is your guy and what's his overall rating? Mine's a RB on the Falcons. I got drafted in the 3rd round, 15th pick. Overall 78, three weeks into the season.

Old 09-03-2006, 06:50 PM   #88
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Had a RB and WR deleted them both. :lol: . Going to try QB.

Old 09-03-2006, 11:07 PM   #89
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Had a RB and WR deleted them both. :lol: . Going to try QB.
Lol, I bet WR is hard. QB is prolly the easiest.

Old 09-03-2006, 11:37 PM   #90
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

One thing that is just just stupid about Superstar mode. If your the RB/FB and the QB throws an INT or incomplete pass while your on the field, even if its on the opposite side of the field as you, you lose "points". dumb.

Old 09-04-2006, 12:31 AM   #91
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Yeah, and I don't like how you can't pick your own plays, that kind of sucks. Overall though, it's a great game, and Superstar mode is a nice addition even though it needs a few tweaks.

Old 09-04-2006, 12:19 PM   #92
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Being able to fastforward past plays your not involved in is AWESOME, too.

nashtymavsfan13, are you on Xbox 360 or no?

Old 09-04-2006, 01:57 PM   #93
jly
Dirk for MVP

jly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the rough

PS2: Xenosaga 2, Disgaea 2 (just bought this)
DS: Animal Crossing (still playing since dec. 05)

is it something we did or are they just jealous?
jly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 02:27 PM   #94
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Being able to fastforward past plays your not involved in is AWESOME, too.

nashtymavsfan13, are you on Xbox 360 or no?
No, I'm not. Are you able to fast forward plays your not involved in on other systems? Cuz I know you can switch the control to CPU but it doesn't go that fast, only a little faster than normal. Do you start your player? Cuz I do, so I'm involved in most plays anyway.

Old 09-04-2006, 02:46 PM   #95
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Platformers? How about Prince of Persia? Sorry, I'm 4 days late with that answer. Very good one. I also like the Legacy of Kain series, look those up.
Old 09-04-2006, 04:26 PM   #96
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
No, I'm not. Are you able to fast forward plays your not involved in on other systems? Cuz I know you can switch the control to CPU but it doesn't go that fast, only a little faster than normal. Do you start your player?
It can go like x5 speed or something. Wish you could skip defensive plays all together(if you are an offense guy. and visa versa). But ohwell. My RB was a starter but my WR never made it to the draft. Deleted him. Will create a QB tomorrow.

Old 09-04-2006, 04:56 PM   #97
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
It can go like x5 speed or something. Wish you could skip defensive plays all together(if you are an offense guy. and visa versa). But ohwell. My RB was a starter but my WR never made it to the draft. Deleted him. Will create a QB tomorrow.
Did you start your RB, or was he the deserving starter? Also, what type of parents are you going to pick?

I got drafted by the Falcons, so I'm starting my guy over Dunn when he shouldn't be, but oh well. When I switch control to the CPU it goes a little faster, but not that much faster. I usually just play the whole game.

Old 09-04-2006, 06:43 PM   #98
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Won the starter job i guess because i never "set" myself as the starter. Not sure about my parents.

EDIT: was with Green Bay btw.

Last edited by LonestarROB; 09-04-2006 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:29 PM   #99
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

oic, so you beat out Ahman Green? Wow. So far I'm 5-0 my guy has rushed for 600 something yards with 9 tds. My guy is overall 79. I've found it very hard to catch out of the backfield, were you able too?

Keep me posted on if QB is easier than RB and WR.

Old 09-04-2006, 07:40 PM   #100
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Quote:
I've found it very hard to catch out of the backfield, were you able too?
Part of the reason i quit .

Old 09-04-2006, 07:49 PM   #101
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Part of the reason i quit .
Haha, yeah it's pretty hard. Do you have to complete every single task on your HOF resume to make it into the Hall when you retire, or just as many as possible, and the more you complete the more likely you'll get in? It also says somewhere (I think in the instruction booklet) that if you are in the top 5 players of your position you're guarenteed to be a HOFer when you retire. Where can I find that? Is it just by overall attribute rank?

Old 09-04-2006, 11:13 PM   #102
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

No idea man, sorry.

Old 09-04-2006, 11:16 PM   #103
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Alrite. How far did you get in your RB one? Did you get a movie contract? I did, because I made my guy almost as muscular as posible but I'm wondering if you get it no matter what.

Old 09-08-2006, 08:38 AM   #104
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

I heard Rockstar's new installment, Gta:Vice City stories, is way better than GTA:LCs. Any news on GTA4? Links?

Old 09-08-2006, 11:34 AM   #105
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah
Any news on GTA4?
No news other then the announcement that GTA 4 will ship simultaneously for the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 on October 16, 2007. And that the 360 version will have exclusive DLC.

btw, Havent had time to get my superstar started yet.

Old 09-08-2006, 06:19 PM   #106
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
btw, Havent had time to get my superstar started yet.
Dang. Well I'm like 10 weeks into the season. I'm currently 8-0, and my guy is 2nd in Pro Bowl votes for RB's, so it's looking good

I still can't catch out of the backfield though

Old 09-12-2006, 11:34 AM   #107
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Aight, created my superstar lastnight. QB. Was drafted by the Bills. Havent played a game yet(just practices) but its already is horrible. You cant see ANYTHING. And if you throw a perfect pass and the guy drops it, you lose points. dumb.

Old 09-12-2006, 11:38 AM   #108
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so confused. I assumed GTA meant Grand Theft Auto.... but then you started talking about superstar's and catching out of the backfield.... and what in the world is DLC?

Must be talking about two different games.

Have you created your MDG? Mine is SLZ, but it can fire pretty fast when you are KLP.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:56 AM   #109
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Have you created your MDG? Mine is SLZ, but it can fire pretty fast when you are KLP.
Yeah my MDG is pretty sick, but you can fire even faster in KLP if you customize your LPN.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 01:07 PM   #110
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Just bought Madden 07 last night. Might be the reason i'll fail my chemistry class.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 05:33 PM   #111
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Aight, created my superstar lastnight. QB. Was drafted by the Bills. Havent played a game yet(just practices) but its already is horrible. You cant see ANYTHING. And if you throw a perfect pass and the guy drops it, you lose points. dumb.
that sucks. what about a defensive end? i'm still having good success with my RB, i might get into the Pro Bowl.

Old 09-12-2006, 05:35 PM   #112
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
Just bought Madden 07 last night. Might be the reason i'll fail my chemistry class.
It's sweet isn't it? Are you going to start a superstar mode thing? I did one with an RB, so I'm interested on others progress with different or the same position.

Old 09-12-2006, 05:53 PM   #113
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I'll try another superstar soon. QB is a joke. Hard enough to do anything yourself much less lose points for having recievers drop passes and lose points if your RB loses a yard.

Or maybe i'll stick to franchise mode :P .

DLC = Downloadable Content

Old 09-12-2006, 08:48 PM   #114
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'll try another superstar soon. QB is a joke. Hard enough to do anything yourself much less lose points for having recievers drop passes and lose points if your RB loses a yard.

Or maybe i'll stick to franchise mode :P .

DLC = Downloadable Content
I started a QB Superstar today. Drafted by the Browns in the third round with an 86 overall rating! (my dad was a pro bowl QB and my mom was an olympic sprinter, both with above average IQ's)

I played the first preseason game, and it actually seemed pretty easy. Even though you lose points for dropped passes and lost yards by RB's, I found it pretty easy to put points on the board.

I ended up not saving it, because I like RB better. I'm going into week 14 and I so far have 1,232 yards rushing with 17 td's and 75 receiving yards (it's hard, but i recently got the hang of it!)

My team has clinched a playoff spot with there 11-0 record, and Vick and the #1 receiver are gonna make the Pro Bowl. Same with Kerney who I have 55+ sacks with!!

I've completed about half the things on my half of fame resume so far, so i should gain tons of influential points for next season.

Just pick a position, and stick to it. Make sure you get really good parents, and just keep trying. It's easy to get the hang of it after a couple games. Tip: for practices, use the #1 RB on the team that isn't your superstar, and don't quit until you are averaging 10 points per play, this really helps your superstars attributes, even if you aren't using him. Then for games, use him and make him your KR and PR so he completes even more stuff on your HOF resume. Good luck.

Old 09-12-2006, 09:14 PM   #115
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I just started a season where I'm a MLB. Drafted by the Lions in the 3rd round (I'm sensing a trend here).

I've only played a couple of preseason games but I'm struggling so far. Like Bobby Carpenter, I tend to get caught in traffic as I pursue the ball. It would probably help if I didn’t simulate all the practices.

It’s still a pretty fun position because you’re in the center of the defense. I want to start another season and play CB but I bet that could get pretty boring.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:31 PM   #116
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

dirno, you should play the practices. they take like 5 minutes (at least for the offense ones) and help your players attributes. i bet CB is REALLY hard, because to stay with the WR's and to get in the Pro Bowl is hard.

Old 09-12-2006, 11:09 PM   #117
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I went through one and my superstar wasn't even in so I started skiping them. Do you practice with your player?
Old 09-12-2006, 11:28 PM   #118
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

You need to set your depth chart to have your guy as the starter. If you do that and select a 4-3 defense, he should be in. I don't practice with my superstar in, because it's easier without him and you still get the same benefits. That's for offense though, I donno about defense. I do know, that the better you do in practices the better your guys' attributes get (and simulating doesn't get it done)

Old 09-13-2006, 01:21 AM   #119
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
It's sweet isn't it? Are you going to start a superstar mode thing? I did one with an RB, so I'm interested on others progress with different or the same position.

I'm not into creating players, i like the game to seem realistic in my mind. Even though my Texans just dropped 60 on the Colts in a blowout.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 02:02 AM   #120
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
I'm not into creating players, i like the game to seem realistic in my mind. Even though my Texans just dropped 60 on the Colts in a blowout.
oic. I normally don't either, but it's not like just creating a player, it's a whole mode centered around your player. Franchise mode is awesome too, even though I always blow teams out too

Tags
got a bit fluffy in here