Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 12-03-2007, 11:09 AM   #241
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

And a bitch is always known to be acquainted with paybacks..

EDIT: Typo

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky

Last edited by mqywaaah; 12-04-2007 at 09:11 AM.
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2007, 11:49 AM   #242
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
If you get close enough to the nade you pick it up automatically, and you get the chance to throw it. I agree, I don't like it.

I can usually get away fast enough, but you have to be careful. It sucks because my favorite thing is to knife someone, but that really makes you vulnerable to the martyrdom.

I haven't unlocked it yet either, but I have unlocked Last Stand, which is pretty dang cool. I love to take someone out with my pistol from my back as I'm bleeding out. Paybacks a bitch!
yeah i unlocked last stand too, i've been using it, alot of times though the guy just caps me until i don't move.

I was playing last night on a 50 man free for all and i capped like 3 people in a row on my death bed, because they kept spawning in front of me. It was pretty cool.

Honestly, i don't understand the game play types yet. That's why i've been playing free for all. Can you help explain them to me?

free-for-all - everyone is your enemy.
sabotage - is that where you have the bombs in the briefcase, how does that work?, don't you have to defuse it?

conquer? domination?

Can you help?
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:23 PM   #243
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Domination is like the BF2 gamemode. There are flags around the map that give points over time as you own them.

Sabotage and Search and Destroy each involve a bomb you have to carry to an objective, set and defend until it blows, I think. I think the main difference between the two is one has respawns, and the other is one life per man.

Conquer, no idea.

I've played most of the game modes but I don't remember which is which sometimes.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:46 PM   #244
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Domination is like the BF2 gamemode. There are flags around the map that give points over time as you own them.

Sabotage and Search and Destroy each involve a bomb you have to carry to an objective, set and defend until it blows, I think. I think the main difference between the two is one has respawns, and the other is one life per man.

Conquer, no idea.

I've played most of the game modes but I don't remember which is which sometimes.
alright thanks. Yeah search and destroy. Thats one i forgot. yeah one of those sucks because once you die, thats it. Kinda pointless. I liked the way bf 2 works. i really liked the whole team atmosphere. Also it was cool having someone be the medic to revive people. and that you could pick your spawn points...

thanks for the help bro.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:42 PM   #245
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I started playing Final Fantasy Tactics again for PS1. It's such a great game.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:43 AM   #246
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one

Can you say, " Ahh.. Nostalgia!"?

Old 12-04-2007, 01:27 PM   #247
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Heads up........ FF Tactics is out for the PSP.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:25 PM   #248
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
Heads up........ FF Tactics is out for the PSP.
The real version? or a stupid new version like the one released for the GBA
Old 12-04-2007, 03:28 PM   #249
fluid.forty.one

Nevermind, I looked it up. Looks like the same game except a little bit of updates. Dang, I wish I had a PSP.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:11 PM   #250
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone interested in a copy of Halo 3 Legendary Edition? Friend of mine picked up a bunch on BF but isn't having much luck selling them.

Letting them go for what he paid: $75 shipped (insured)

He's also parting out the helmet if anyone wants just the helmet: $40 shipped (insured)
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:18 PM   #251
MavsX
Diamond Member

Activision Inc had the top-selling video game, the military-themed shooter "Call of Duty 4," which sold more than 2.01 million copies for the Xbox 360 and PS3, NPD said. in NOVEMBER ALONE.

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=...ll-of-duty-top
Old 12-14-2007, 04:11 PM   #252
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of which, a friend who sold his computer was unable to get rid of his 8800GTX........ which I mercifully took from his hands until he gets a new, PCI-Express compatible mobo..... and thus I can run CoD4 at 1680x1050 with no choppiness at all! 8X AA and all. Now I need to work on one of those 24" 1920x1200 monitors by dell..... is 450 a good deal?
Old 12-14-2007, 05:08 PM   #253
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Speaking of which, a friend who sold his computer was unable to get rid of his 8800GTX........ which I mercifully took from his hands until he gets a new, PCI-Express compatible mobo..... and thus I can run CoD4 at 1680x1050 with no choppiness at all! 8X AA and all. Now I need to work on one of those 24" 1920x1200 monitors by dell..... is 450 a good deal?

probably, is it in good condition? my 24 inch dell was almost $1,000 when i bought it 1.5 years ago

its sweet. i have thought about buying a 2nd one, but..eh..whats the point.

plus i have my second interface going to my 42" plasma so i can watch movies and other tv shows that i have on my computer. i am not trying to brag..by the way...so don't think i am.

just explaining it..

anyway..i haven't even played COD4, in awhile...
Old 12-14-2007, 05:19 PM   #254
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Brand new from Dell....... I paid 500 bucks for my 20" refurb about 2-3 years ago, are you kidding me? These prices have dropped off the damn planet. 30" monitors that do 2560x1600 can be had for around 1,100 now.......

Last edited by bernardos70; 12-14-2007 at 05:20 PM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 05:28 PM   #255
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Sporatically playing Super Mario Galaxy. I have 40 stars currently. (out of 120)
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 06:03 PM   #256
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Halo 3 - for now and the foreseeable future.
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:55 AM   #257
fluid.forty.one

update: bought a psp and got final fantasy and final fantasy tactics. I loved FFT for ps1 so I'm having a blast. They updated and added some stuff to it and I'm very impressed with the psp as a system so far as well.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:20 AM   #258
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Going to Tokyo for the Holidays and I have my mind set on getting a 360 as is it sold cheaper there than any other country, I think due to the fact that they don't like the 360 that much. Yay! I'm just so excited so I decided to share it a little bit.

Anyway, any tip on what game I should be getting aside from Halo 3, which is pretty much automatic. I'm super pumped! Yeah!!! Hello next-gen world!!!

Last edited by mqywaaah; 12-16-2007 at 10:22 AM.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:39 AM   #259
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

watch out for the region lock. Currently about 85% of games work in any region but that 15% may hurt ya.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 04:23 AM   #260
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Thanks EL.

Old 12-17-2007, 10:15 AM   #261
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

not to mention if you ever plan on adding the XBOX HD-DVD player. DVDs (and i believe the same goes for HD-DVDs) are definitely restricted by region. Not sure if that affects the compatibility of the optional 360 HD-DVD player, but it's just something to look out for.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:50 PM   #262
MavsX
Diamond Member

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/12/...n_video_games/

Madison (WI) - A Senator from Wisconsin wants to mandate an extra tax on video games because he claims they are linked to juvenile crime.

Jon Erpenbach, who sits on the Wisconsin State Senate, has proposed a bill that would add an additional one percent sales tax specifically to video and computer games. The additional money would be earmarked to funding the juvenile detention system.

His specific goal is to generate enough money into the program to allow 17-year-olds to be treated as minors. Wisconsin previously passed a law that dictated that 17-year-old residents charged with a crime should be treated as adults.

"Number one, I think it's the right thing to do because not all seventeen-year-olds belong in the adult system when it comes to non-violent offenses ... secondly, in the long run, the numbers show that if you treat certain situations in a juvenile delinquent-type of a setting, as opposed to an adult setting, chances are there's going to be less of a problem when the kid gets older," said Erpenbach.

Erpenbach received some backlash for the plan, but is not giving up. He did, however, comment that if this is not the best way to achieve his goal, "I'm open to any other way."

haha, what an idiot. Who says.."this isn't the best plan, but let's do it anyway"?

Last edited by MavsX; 12-31-2007 at 06:52 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:21 PM   #263
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

That is idiotic.

BTW, COD4 is absolutely awesome. That is all.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 12-31-2007, 11:41 PM   #264
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
That is idiotic.

BTW, COD4 is absolutely awesome. That is all.

Yes it is. The multiplayer is incredible and rivals Halo3. I haven't played Halo3 since I bought COD4. The campaign was AWESOME too. This game is just almost perfect.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:53 PM   #265
bernardos70
Diamond Member

How do you guys like that gunship mission huh? Amazing stuff.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:26 PM   #266
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
I play it all the time on arcade. AWESOME. Should have made more maps for it.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:48 PM   #267
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:

yeah dude, that gunship map is fun. i kept shooting the allies just to keep playing it over and over.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:22 PM   #268
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Rock Band on 360.

Fun Fun Fun!
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 07:28 PM   #269
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark
Yes it is. The multiplayer is incredible and rivals Halo3. I haven't played Halo3 since I bought COD4. The campaign was AWESOME too. This game is just almost perfect.
I am assuming everyone stayed throughout the credits for the finale? Don't know if it mattered...did anyone else not wait and still get to blow more shit up on the hijacked plane?

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 01-05-2008 at 07:29 PM.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:47 AM   #270
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk
I am assuming everyone stayed throughout the credits for the finale? Don't know if it mattered...did anyone else not wait and still get to blow more shit up on the hijacked plane?
I don't remember how I got to the finale, but I did. I think i skipped the credits, but it's been a while. Finale was cool, though.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:44 AM   #271
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
Rock Band on 360.

Fun Fun Fun!

Oh man, what's your tag? EA just sent me a new guitar.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:16 PM   #272
fluid.forty.one

what are peoples reaction to ps3 now that it has been out for awhile? My birthday is coming up right before summer and I'm thinking I could use that money I get towards part of the ps3... give me something to do during the summer.

worth it? or would I be better off with a 360?

I have a wii but I want a more traditional system
Old 01-11-2008, 06:43 PM   #273
bernardos70
Diamond Member

I'd buy a PS3, but only because I already have a 360. If I had only the wii, I'd probably get a 360.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:40 PM   #274
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

The PS 3 is for the most part a one purchase deal. (I guess you will eventually have to purchase another controller when the battery doesn't charge) Do the math. The 360 is a purchase that keeps on taking your money. And really once you get the online setup, it costs about the same. (adapter, membership costs, etc. etc..) Everything is free with PS 3, and I have yet to not be able to play with max players online in COD4. I literally pulled it out of the box and it found my wireless, bam...I was getting owned in COD4.

All this and you get a blue-ray player, that would cost you $500 anyway...

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 01-12-2008 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:21 PM   #275
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I'm very much anti-Sony, but with Blue-Ray's imminent win in the HD format DVD race, PS3's look much more attractive now.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 01-12-2008, 09:10 PM   #276
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

I am just anti-giving Gates more money.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:54 PM   #277
bernardos70
Diamond Member

I'm anti-nobody, I flock where the games I like are.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:33 PM   #278
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

...and the best games are on 360, imo.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:40 PM   #279
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

it's futile to argue amongst fanboys.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:09 PM   #280
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I haven't owned a console since my Sega Genesys, so I'm a completely impartial observer. I guess I'd need a rundown of what games are only released for the XBOX, besides Halo, which from my view as a PC Gamer is nothing special.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Tags
got a bit fluffy in here