Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-01-2009, 08:54 PM   #41
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

my only concern with rip is his contract. takes us out a a chance to make any moves next year, but also doesn't make us next level. We will be paying him good money while his skills are declining.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:01 PM   #42
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

If we get a legit center along with Rip, it would take us to the next level.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:48 PM   #43
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

While I think Rip is declining, I think he's the best shooting guard that is potentially available to start and win for the Dallas Mavericks in the next season. We need players who are talented now as opposed to developing. While a player like Gortat or Fernandez hasn't reached their full potential, their games are more or less solidified. We want to avoid "projects"
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:44 AM   #44
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

If Avery goes to Detroit, I'd bet you could do a Rip/JHo pretty easily.

I'd think you could send Damp and Stack as well.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:07 PM   #45
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
If Avery goes to Detroit, I'd bet you could do a Rip/JHo pretty easily.

I'd think you could send Damp and Stack as well.
I tend to agree. A JHo + Stack + Damp for Rip + Sheed (SnT) + Prince is not far-fetched if Avery is calling the shots.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:24 PM   #46
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
I tend to agree. A JHo + Stack + Damp for Rip + Sheed (SnT) + Prince is not far-fetched if Avery is calling the shots.
We couldn't get that lucky.

Kidd, Rip, Prince, Dirk, Sheed
Terry as instant offense off the bench.

with Hollins, Singleton, Wright, JJB, and a few developers.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:36 PM   #47
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Three trades:

1) Howard to Detroit for Rip Hamilton -- Hamilton is the odd man out now that the Pistons have Gordon, and Avery, etc.

2) Terry to Portland for Martell Webster and Travis Outlaw -- replace Howard & Terry is the perfect "point" guard for Portland with Roy (and Fernandez) to handle the ball at the 2 and Hedo at the three, Portland just needs a shooter.

3) Dampier and Stackhouse to Phoenix for Richardson & Barbosa -- somebody has to play center (besides Robin Lopez) next year, Barbosa seems out of the rotation, and Phoenix dumps a ton of salary

Dallas Rotation:

Gortat/Hollins
Dirk/Singleton
Outlaw/Webster
Hamilton/Richardson
Kidd/Barbosa/Barrea

I'd try to sign and trade Bass (or keep him) to add some insurance for the front line.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:51 AM   #48
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

^ devastating lineup..
Old 07-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #49
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

I like the idea of potentially getting Jason Richardson for Dampier ... unfortunately - I think Phoenix is debating Wallace for Chandler swap. Dampier's non guaranteed contract in 10-11 might be appealing though, because with Chandler Phoenix would put themselves in the same situation they were in with Shaq essentially. Obviously they can't use Ben Wallace though, so they need something that won't hurt them financially.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:13 PM   #50
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if Avery still has as much Damp love as he did when he convinced Donnie/Cubes to bring him here a few years ago. If so, Rip for Damp straight-up works perfectly. Could sweeten the deal for Detroit by including Prince & J-Ho, which is largely a wash on salary & talent, but gives Detroit a ton of cap room in 2010 with Josh & Damp expiring. Thus, they could potentially add two more free agents next offseason.

This obviously would leave the Mavs relying on Gortat & Hollins at 5, but Rip is a huge upgrade at the 2, so I think it's a worthwhile gamble.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:56 PM   #51
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Rip > Redd
Prince> JHo