Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-14-2009, 07:35 AM   #41
Grillzboy224

Grillzboy224 is on a distinguished road

I read most of the posts on here. I may be new but I have followed a bunch on here!

First of all, how do you want to get David Lee? He is clearly seeking more money than the knicks can offer him and will probably go to OKC or whatsoever. If they were to sign Lee, in a sign and trade to Dallas, they'd want to get kidd, whom dallas doesn't want to lose.

I could see us getting drew gooden, but not odom, unless we could do a sign and trade with LA in some way, which I heighly doubt would ever happen!
Grillzboy224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2009, 08:12 AM   #42
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

All I have to say is Karma is a b!tch. Orlando will get theirs.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:27 AM   #43
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

You can get David Lee either by signing him straight away because "NY aint paying him respect", or by working out a sign and trade with The Buck Shot.

Btw - with the recent Buyout of Ben Wallace... how about getting him? He might not be the Ben Wallace he was 3 years ago, but he´d be an instant plug in player for 15-20 quality minutes a night.

He might even be around for the 2 mio exception, if you can convince him to consider playing "some" time on a winner team´s title run.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:36 AM   #44
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

How about Oberto btw? He´s a true banger inside, I´d consider him for 15+ minutes a night also.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:40 AM   #45
Grillzboy224

How would you sign David Lee right away? Unless they give him a MLE similar to what the knicks were offering kidd (with the 5.6 million first year , levelling out at 18 million in the last year)...but I think he's looking for more money

I was also thinking about a Ben Wallace. Dallas has enough scoring pieces, and a quality defensive center would be perfect!
Old 07-14-2009, 09:03 AM   #46
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Let's give Curry a shot..
Old 07-14-2009, 09:10 AM   #47
Grillzboy224

not even cuban would give curry a shot lol. Except for veterans minimum maybe
Old 07-14-2009, 09:13 AM   #48
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by seelenjaeger View Post
You can get David Lee either by signing him straight away because "NY aint paying him respect", or by working out a sign and trade with The Buck Shot.

Btw - with the recent Buyout of Ben Wallace... how about getting him? He might not be the Ben Wallace he was 3 years ago, but he´d be an instant plug in player for 15-20 quality minutes a night.

He might even be around for the 2 mio exception, if you can convince him to consider playing "some" time on a winner team´s title run.
Big Ben's tank has been on E for a few seasons now. He is done. Next...
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:21 AM   #49
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

About signing David Lee: Lee will get money exceeding the MLE from N.Y. only. Now if he thinks they are lowballing him, what are his options? Singning for less than the MLE somewhere? Going to a team with Cap Space but a loser? Or taking a 2 Year (3rd year player option) Deal put on the table for the Full MLE by a contender?

Lee needs something so that NY has any urgency to up their ante. I think he´d be willing to consider a full MLE from a team like Dallas, pushing NY to accept Sign-And-Trade talks.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:28 AM   #50
Grillzboy224

But then they'd want jason kidd....
Old 07-14-2009, 09:34 AM   #51
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

Once David Lee agrees in principle to sign for the MLE with Dallas, N.Y. can hardly demand anything. If the player is willing to sign for less if his initial team won´t cooperate, they risk losing him for nothing. So you might offer Buckner + something and a pick for him, and Lee can still receive a deal around 8 mills. NY gets something in return, instead of losing him for nothing.

See also Dallasbasketball.com for more info, it´s explained there how the "Buck Shot" works.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:22 AM   #52
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

D. Lee is cool..
Old 07-14-2009, 10:32 AM   #53
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Please no Gooden...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:41 AM   #54
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

oberto ?
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:42 AM   #55
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX View Post
oberto ?
You know I hate leftovers from the Spurs...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:55 AM   #56
Maverick4124

Maverick4124 is on a distinguished road

What about Chris Wilcox?

Last edited by Maverick4124; 07-14-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Maverick4124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:06 PM   #57
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Lee and Odom don't solve our need for interior D/shotblocking. I don't want either of them.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:25 PM   #58
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Give me David Lee. Interior D and shotblocking? You aren't going to really stop D12, Yao or other dominating big men. Just contain them and don't give them second chances. David Lee is a great rebounder. He works hard and is athletic. He won't get dominated by frakking Nene like Dampier was. Oh, and he can catch the basketball.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:05 PM   #59
sp3nc3r13

sp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nice

If the Mavs can't pull off a trade to get a good 2 guard/center, I say we resign Hollins and use the part/all of the MLE on either Ben Wallace or Marquis Daniels.

Around the trade deadline, shitty teams will be interested in Dampier's contract to restructure for the 2010 summer and judging by how we are playing around that time we make a trade to fulfill our greatest need.

I really don't want to jump to conclusions right now because I think Kidd + Howard + Marion + Dirk will be one of the best offensive teams out there. And 6th man off the bench Jason Terry is always instant offense.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:57 PM   #60
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think there's any way of getting Lee. He's restricted, and I don't see any way that the Knicks fail to match an MLE deal.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but Odom, even with the Marion acquisition and lack of a 2nd center, is very interesting to me as a S&T target. His ability to handle the ball and pass would make playing JET at PG a more viable option, and would also serve to offset Josh's lack of ability as a distributor. His versatility on both sides of the ball and his rebounding ability would fit in seamlessly in a small frontcourt. I think the Mavs could have a lot of success giving heavy minutes to a Dirk/Marion/Odom frontcourt.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:15 PM   #61
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
You know I hate leftovers from the Spurs...
i'm just saying.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:46 PM   #62
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

Oh, right, I missed the restricted part about Lee. That makes things complicated, unless Lee signs a one-year deal, which he won´t.

I´m all for trading for Odom, too. Odom in a S&T and Hollins and the young guns (Kris and Jawai) will man the middle long enough to see if Howard is coming back to old form. If he isn´t, both moving Howard (for Kaman?) and Dampier enables us to fix the biggest holes, and with

Kidd / Terry / Odom / Marion / Nowitzki
as a core and Ross, Frenchie and the others supplemental we´re in a solid position even "without" Damp and Howard to start with, so whatever we get for them in January will make us dangerous (if the Damp + young guns and Howard stuff fails).
Old 07-14-2009, 07:05 PM   #63
darkwitzki
Golden Member

Count me in with Odom, I'd just can't bypass the talent of this guy, defense can be taught afterwards...
Old 07-14-2009, 07:09 PM   #64
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

I would be ecstatic to land Odom though I seriously don't see it happening. I do however, hope he lands anywhere other then back in LA as losing Odom would take away from their offense.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:38 PM   #65
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Kidd/Barea
Josh/JET
Matrix/Ross
Dirk/Singleton
Damp/Hollins

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:17 PM   #66
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I still don't understand why people around here are so against Drew Gooden. Besides for the fact that he is slow, won't play defense, not able to jump very well, and tends to look a bit creepy with his funky pony tail what's wrong with this guy???
Old 07-15-2009, 09:39 AM   #67
dwitzki

dwitzki is on a distinguished road

well i honestly think we shud go for lamar odem he can play the 5 and the 4 and 3
he is very mobile...but he said he wants 5 year 50 million do yall think worth all that
dwitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:43 AM   #68
dwitzki

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Lee and Odom don't solve our need for interior D/shotblocking. I don't want either of them.
well shotblockers have come and go season like diop..ben wallace so on...so it wouldnt hurt to get one of them
Old 07-15-2009, 10:06 AM   #69
MavsinFL

MavsinFL is on a distinguished road

we need some type of big man, not only a better starting 5 but also need a back up who can come off the bench and score, all we have is JET and Barea now.
MavsinFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:40 AM   #70
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

No team should give him 50m for 5yrs! I doubt that will happen.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:49 AM   #71
dwitzki

o wow i just found out carlos boozer is lookin for somewhere to go
hey yall he six ten very mobile he can shoot he can play defense but he not shotblocker
guys 1 guy not gon make are team better at defense so if i was mark i just go for more offense
Old 07-15-2009, 12:53 PM   #72
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Three team trade:

Dallas sends Josh Howard and Shawne Williams to Utah
Utah sends Carlos Boozer and Kyle Korver to Charlotte
Charlotte sends Emeka Okafor and Raja Bell to the Mavs.

Works on Realgm

I think trading JHo to get a young and talented Center is a pretty good deal (as Otis keeps telling the media... they are hard to find). Also, Bell makes sense as a starting 2 with JET coming off the bench. Jazz can move AK to the 4 (if they don't re-sign Millsap) and get a legitimate 3 in JHo + they waive Williams to save salary. Charlotte gets the PF they've been searching for and a shooter in Korver. You've still got the Buck Shot and the Dust Chip to make future moves. If the Jazz insist on a shooter to replace Korver, then offer up Carroll instead of Williams.

Last edited by purplefrog; 07-15-2009 at 12:57 PM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:55 PM   #73
dwitzki

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Three team trade:

Works on Realgm

I think trading JHo to get a young and talented Center is a pretty good deal (as Otis keeps telling the media... they are hard to find). Also, Bell makes sense as a starting 2 with JET coming off the bench. Jazz can move AK to the 4 (if they don't re-sign Millsap) and get a legitimate 3 in JHo + they waive Williams to save salary. Charlotte gets the PF they've been searching for and a shooter in Korver. You've still got the Buck Shot and the Dust Chip to make future moves.
thats the samrtest thing i herd on here yet...well putted man
Old 07-15-2009, 02:28 PM   #74
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Three team trade:

Works on Realgm

I think trading JHo to get a young and talented Center is a pretty good deal (as Otis keeps telling the media... they are hard to find). Also, Bell makes sense as a starting 2 with JET coming off the bench. Jazz can move AK to the 4 (if they don't re-sign Millsap) and get a legitimate 3 in JHo + they waive Williams to save salary. Charlotte gets the PF they've been searching for and a shooter in Korver. You've still got the Buck Shot and the Dust Chip to make future moves. If the Jazz insist on a shooter to replace Korver, then offer up Carroll instead of Williams.
Mavs might do it....probably
Charlotte thinks about it, but has no way to keep Boozer but one year, and declines.
Utah -- JHo for Boozer and Korver --- don't think so.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:26 PM   #75
purplefrog
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
Mavs might do it....probably
Charlotte thinks about it, but has no way to keep Boozer but one year, and declines.
Utah -- JHo for Boozer and Korver --- don't think so.
Why do you think the Jazz would say 'no'? I mean JHo is the perfect player for a coach like Sloan. He's fundamentally sound and shows great impulse control both on and off the court!!
Old 07-15-2009, 09:30 PM   #76
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Would be an interesting trade and Utah is looking to trade Boozer.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:37 PM   #77
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Quote:
Three team trade:

Works on Realgm

One problem with such a trade now.

Now, the Heat are working furiously to deliver Lamar Odom(notes) and Carlos Boozer(notes) to the shores of Biscayne Bay. The Heat are trying to sell Odom on a five-year, $34 million contract at the mid-level exception, and a league executive with knowledge of the talks says Miami has also hatched a three-way proposal with the Utah Jazz and Memphis Grizzlies to secure Boozer.

The essentials of a possible deal would include Miami sending forward Udonis Haslem(notes) and Dorell Wright to Utah. Because Memphis is under the cap, Utah could move Wright’s $2.8 million salary to the Grizzlies and save itself approximately $5.6 million with salary and luxury-tax payments. Memphis would probably get cash and picks for its trouble. The Heat would have to send one more small contract to make the math on the salary exchange work.

Miami could pay Boozer his $12.7 million salary this season and own his Bird rights to sign him to an extension next summer.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns
Old 07-16-2009, 10:38 AM   #78
purplefrog
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
One problem with such a trade now.

Now, the Heat are working furiously to deliver Lamar Odom(notes) and Carlos Boozer(notes) to the shores of Biscayne Bay. The Heat are trying to sell Odom on a five-year, $34 million contract at the mid-level exception, and a league executive with knowledge of the talks says Miami has also hatched a three-way proposal with the Utah Jazz and Memphis Grizzlies to secure Boozer.

The essentials of a possible deal would include Miami sending forward Udonis Haslem(notes) and Dorell Wright to Utah. Because Memphis is under the cap, Utah could move Wright’s $2.8 million salary to the Grizzlies and save itself approximately $5.6 million with salary and luxury-tax payments. Memphis would probably get cash and picks for its trouble. The Heat would have to send one more small contract to make the math on the salary exchange work.

Miami could pay Boozer his $12.7 million salary this season and own his Bird rights to sign him to an extension next summer.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns
Yeah, I just read this. JHo sure seems like a better option than Haslem in my mind. But then again, the Mavs are probably not even looking to trade him.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:46 AM   #79
purplefrog
Platinum Member

This article suggests Beasley might also be part of the deal. That would make more sense than just Haslem. Giving up on Beasley??? Interesting....

Katz also says that if the Jazz are going to match on Milsap then they HAVE to move Boozer this week. I guess that's the end of the 7-day waiting period.

http://dimemag.com/2009/07/nba-trade...ozer-to-miami/

Last edited by purplefrog; 07-16-2009 at 10:46 AM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:01 PM   #80
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why do you think the Jazz would say 'no'? I mean JHo is the perfect player for a coach like Sloan. He's fundamentally sound and shows great impulse control both on and off the court!!
Utah is moving Boozer because it wants a younger Millsap. They have their PF. AK47 is way overpaid, and has been in a Sloan system for years -- he isn't going anywhere because of being overpaid, and he is what they want. Korver they paid a pretty good price for, so they could have a big shooter beside Deron.

Overall, where does JHo fit for them. AK47 and Harpring are going to fill in the SF role and are Sloan guys. If you want to move him to SG, then does he start ahead of Korver -- who is the spot up shooter for a penetrator like Deron?

JHo's fit is at the SF, but I just don't see Utah going for the trade. They can get quite a bit more for Boozer and Korver, IMO, and I don't think they move Korver.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote