Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 08-16-2009, 08:07 AM   #1
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all
Default What about Marc Gasol?

Since the Mavs need a big man and the Grizzlies just drafted Hasheem Thabeet I was thinking that Marc Gasol might be up for grabs for the right price, so what would it take for the Mavs to get him?

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/marc_g....html?nav=page
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2009, 08:55 AM   #2
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

Why not Dwight Howard? Seems as though both are about equal on the "untouchables" list as far as their respected teams are concerned.

Marc Gasol is producing very well and is getting paid very little in comparison with that production, and Thabeet is a rookie that they will groom by giving him a bench role behind Gasol.
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:16 AM   #3
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I thought a Pau Gasol was the going price on a Marc Gasol...

Do we have on of those?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 03:13 PM   #4
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I thought a Pau Gasol was the going price on a Marc Gasol...

Do we have on of those?
yeah. we call him "Josh Howard"
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:49 PM   #5
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the rough

For me Marc Gasol would be a nice adition.

But what they will want in exchange?
Quetzalcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:55 PM   #6
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
yeah. we call him "Josh Howard"
Would you trade Josh Howard for Marc Gasol?

Old 08-16-2009, 05:11 PM   #7
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Tough question. I might think about it, if we could get someone like Raja Bell for the buckshot. Would rather trade Terry tho.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 06:13 PM   #8
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yes
Old 08-16-2009, 06:50 PM   #9
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Credible View Post
Why not Dwight Howard? Seems as though both are about equal on the "untouchables" list as far as their respected teams are concerned.

Marc Gasol is producing very well and is getting paid very little in comparison with that production, and Thabeet is a rookie that they will groom by giving him a bench role behind Gasol.
Why not Dwight Howard?.....how about we go after Lebron James, Kobe and D-Wade since your trying to be sarcastic, I'm stunned you even put Marc Gasol in the same class as Dwight Howard, I haven't seen anywhere about Marc being "untouchable" and I don't know how why Dwight Howard's name was even brought up, the only untouchable players in the NBA right now are Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Howard, Nowitzki and Paker and Duncan but anybody else can be had for the right price.

Last edited by Thomas86; 08-16-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 06:52 PM   #10
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
In a nanosecond.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:55 PM   #11
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
the only untouchable players in the NBA right now are Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Howard, Nowitzki and Paker and Duncan but anybody else can be had for the right price.
. . and Griffin, and Durant, and . . . probably Marc is close.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:49 PM   #12
BigD49

BigD49 is on a distinguished road

the grizzlies could be persuaded for the proper pieces, and i would be so happy if they were to trade jho for marc, i would buy josh his plane ticket to memphis
BigD49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:59 PM   #13
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

the Grizz are probably more than set at backup center. They'll want to wait to make sure Thabeet pans out before letting Gasol go, though.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:00 PM   #14
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD49 View Post
the grizzlies could be persuaded for the proper pieces, and i would be so happy if they were to trade jho for marc, i would buy josh his plane ticket to memphis
The Grizz are as persuadable as a 21 year old college chick after 3 long island ice tea's. It can be done! Just gotta figure it out if it's really on our agenda.

Josh for Marc should only be done if we turn buckshot into a Sg.

Jason Richardson
Raja Bell

That kinda thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!

Last edited by Nowitzki4President; 08-16-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:15 AM   #15
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
Why not Dwight Howard?.....how about we go after Lebron James, Kobe and D-Wade since your trying to be sarcastic, I'm stunned you even put Marc Gasol in the same class as Dwight Howard, I haven't seen anywhere about Marc being "untouchable" and I don't know how why Dwight Howard's name was even brought up, the only untouchable players in the NBA right now are Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Howard, Nowitzki and Paker and Duncan but anybody else can be had for the right price.
Whoa there killer, let's all highfive and group hug (not specifically in that order).

I'll highlight the part of my post that's most pertinent:

Quote:
In reply to your post: Kobe is untouchable for the Lakers. LeBron is untouchable for the Cavs. Howard is untouchable for the Magic. The reason why I put him (Marc Gasol) in the same category is because he is essentially untouchable for the Grizzlies.

Marc Gasol was the consolation prize for a team that got garbage in trade for Pau Gasol, and I highly doubt that they'd be willing to give him up for anything less than a starter on our team. I know people are all anti-Josh Howard on this board (even though just about every team in the league would love to have him), but the fact of the matter is that trading him for Marc Gasol would be severely detrimental to our lineup. We would definitely get what we need at the 5, but the desperation for finally having that would just create a whole different problem.

I acknowledge that there are possibilities out there to fix that problem should we need to, but at face value (this trade alone) would hurt more than help it seems.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:54 AM   #16
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
I know people are all anti-Josh Howard on this board (even though just about every team in the league would love to have him), but the fact of the matter is that trading him for Marc Gasol would be severely detrimental to our lineup. We would definitely get what we need at the 5, but the desperation for finally having that would just create a whole different problem.
Doubts about Josh's clutchness aside, I think we'd be better off with a hole at 2 than a hole at 5.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:54 AM   #17
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes. and jet and damp and shawn and jkiddo (probably not all at once, but any one or possibly two of those).

Last edited by dude1394; 08-17-2009 at 09:56 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:05 AM   #18
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Yes. and jet and damp and shawn and jkiddo (probably not all at once, but any one or possibly two of those).
For 2, I'd want a serviceable guard back. For any two of Shawn, Jet, Josh, we'd be giving up 2 potential 20 pt scorers. Barring a guaranteed 20 pts a game from Gasol, that would put those three on the other side of "possibly two of these."

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 08-17-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:03 PM   #19
Justin Credible

It baffles me how much Mavericks fans hate their own players. Has Josh Howard done some incredibly stupid things? Of course he has.. But he's also been the catalyst to success in the present Dallas team. I'm not saying that he's a superstar, but I'm saying that he's a tier 2 player in the current NBA and yet people act like he's.. Devean George.

It's kind of like Jason Kidd.. So many people here still whine about the Devin Harris trade, even after Kidd averages 9 assists per game last season and offers the leadership that we were severely lacking.

Not a complaint, just seems goofy..
Old 08-17-2009, 08:37 PM   #20
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
It baffles me how much Mavericks fans hate their own players. Has Josh Howard done some incredibly stupid things? Of course he has.. But he's also been the catalyst to success in the present Dallas team. I'm not saying that he's a superstar, but I'm saying that he's a tier 2 player in the current NBA and yet people act like he's.. Devean George.

It's kind of like Jason Kidd.. So many people here still whine about the Devin Harris trade, even after Kidd averages 9 assists per game last season and offers the leadership that we were severely lacking.

I think it´s not so much about hating our own players (in this case Josh). It´s more about liking Gasol and his huge potential. He can be a legit center in this league for the next 10 years. Of course I´m going to trade a 30 year old SG/SF who´s not really special for Gasol. If we got Gasol for Howard we could easily turn one of our still untouched trade chips into a legit SG and that would give us a starting five of Kidd, SG, Matrix, Dirk, Gasol.

That said I don´t think Josh is enough to fetch Gasol (and of course we´d have to take back other contracts too).

Last edited by Fidel; 08-17-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:53 PM   #21
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I would trade any player on this Mavericks team not named Dirk or Jason Kidd for Gasol... and we'd be better as a result.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:01 AM   #22
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
you know what is baffling, and downright goofy? The implication that Marc Gasol is not a tier 2 center, and that Memphis would trade him for Devean George.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:53 AM   #23
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with Josh (and unless he solves it this year as sg) is that his bball iq is not good enough to have the ball in his hands at the end of the game. He's so undisciplined that the mavs will not allow him to make crucial plays at the end.

that is the definition of a tier 2 player. I'm hoping he "gets" it. I actually saw glimmers of that last year during his tear, he was actually giving up the ball. You have to make that howard for gasol trade imo, you just have too. That's why memphis will not do it.

When is Gasols rookie contract up, they might do it then.

EDIT: He's signed through 2010/2011. Memphis might be willing to do something rather than lose him because they won't sign him at a big contract.

Last edited by dude1394; 08-18-2009 at 07:54 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:55 AM   #24
Justin Credible

Quote:
you know what is baffling, and downright goofy? The implication that Marc Gasol is not a tier 2 center, and that Memphis would trade him for Devean George.
At first I thought I got it.. but then I lost it. This is where I'd generally insert an "LOLWUT" picture.

I said that Josh Howard is a Tier 2 player and that people seem to treat him like he's no better than a scrub (Devean George), and somehow I made the implication that the Grizzlies would take George for Gasol?

The statements were not linked.

1) Josh Howard is a Tier 2 player
2) Marc Gasol is untouchable for his respected team
Old 08-18-2009, 09:29 AM   #25
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
At first I thought I got it.. but then I lost it. This is where I'd generally insert an "LOLWUT" picture.

I said that Josh Howard is a Tier 2 player and that people seem to treat him like he's no better than a scrub (Devean George), and somehow I made the implication that the Grizzlies would take George for Gasol?

The statements were not linked.

1) Josh Howard is a Tier 2 player
2) Marc Gasol is untouchable for his respected team
If saying that you'd trade Howard for Gasol is treating Howard like he's Devean George, then you are saying is that Gasol is worth Devean George.

The only way you can look at this:
Howard <-> Gasol

and see this
Howard = George

is if you think this
George <-> Gasol

is possible.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:42 PM   #26
Justin Credible

Quote:
If saying that you'd trade Howard for Gasol is treating Howard like he's Devean George, then you are saying is that Gasol is worth Devean George.

The only way you can look at this:
Howard <-> Gasol

and see this
Howard = George

is if you think this
George <-> Gasol

is possible.
Methinks that you're either very much so not understanding my posts, or you're intentionally using my words out of context.

I don't think that Josh Howard is equal to Devean George in any way, rather I'm commenting on how amazed I am at how Mavs fans seem to treat Josh Howard as if he is equal to Devean George.

So every post here has my opinion being stated that Josh Howard is a 2nd tier player, whereas people seem to treat him as if he were a scrub like Devean George. Please don't confuse this with me saying that I believe that Devean George is equal to that of Josh Howard, I'm just saying that people seem to treat him as if that were true.

Now, I don't know where in the world you're getting the George for Gasol thing so I'm not sure how to comment on that. I mean, if we're talking about trading players from other teams for Gasol to come here then why not just trade TJ Ford to Memphis for Gasol to come here? (random names, no significance)

I've actually said that I wouldn't personally trade Josh Howard for Marc Gasol and I personally don't see why in the world someone would say that would be a good trade. We'd be sacrificing a nice chunk of defense and offensive output for a 5. It seems like a desperation move and I'd say that we're better off with Damp/Gooden at the 5 and keeping Josh Howard than starting Jason Terry at the 2 and having Gasol start at the 5. Would Marc be a great acquisition and make us a better team? Yes, but not at the cost of Josh Howard IMO. It seems like it would be one step forward and two steps back. Our starting lineup as it stands right now is great, even though people seem to think that Josh Howard will never be able to play the two (which is confusing in and of itself considering he's always played minutes at the two). He might not have played significant minutes at the two, but that is what position he played in college and he's subbed in at that position throughout the years somewhat regularly.

Kidd
Howard
Marion
Dirk
Damp

is a better starting lineup than

Kidd
Terry
Marion
Dirk
Gasol

in my humble opinion. Terry's lack of defense on the position that many superstars in the league play in (and inability to guard 3's if need be) just makes it too detrimental in my mind. Gasol would be a huge improvement in the paint, but the perimeter D would be the same as last season, which was one of the reasons why we had so many problems beating +.500 teams throughout much of the season. With Kidd/Howard/Marion you have a much more solid defense and still have those scoring options that thin the defense for Dirk to get better looks.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:08 PM   #27
Underdog

Quote:
Kidd
Howard
Marion
Dirk
Damp

Kidd
Terry
Marion
Dirk
Gasol

in my humble opinion. Terry's lack of defense on the position that many superstars in the league play in (and inability to guard 3's if need be) just makes it too detrimental in my mind.
What if we got Raja Bell with the Buck-shot?

Kidd/JJB
Bell/JET
Marion/Ross
Dirk/Gooden
Gasol/Damp

Tell me that doesn't make your mouth water (not that Memphis has any intentions of trading Marc Gasol, but that lineup sure does look sexy...)

Last edited by Underdog; 08-18-2009 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:46 PM   #28
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

This thread....Why would Memphis trade their only legit center? Especially without getting a center back, that they could count on? Thabeet is definitely not that guy.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:42 PM   #29
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
I don't think that Josh Howard is equal to Devean George in any way, rather I'm commenting on how amazed I am at how Mavs fans seem to treat Josh Howard as if he is equal to Devean George.
let me put it another way, then: How in the world is wanting to trade Josh Howard for Marc Gasol treating Josh Howard like he's Devean George?

Quote:
Kidd
Howard
Marion
Dirk
Damp

Kidd
Terry
Marion
Dirk
Gasol

in my humble opinion.
Well, I disagree. I think the holes we have now at center are worse than the hole we'd have at 2 guard. On top of that, as others are posting, it's easier to fill the 2 spot with something servicable than it is to fill the center spot. Consider that we'll spend a lot of time with

Kidd
Terry
Howard
Marion
Dirk
Gooden

Terry will be out there anyway.
Quote:
... which was one of the reasons why we had so many problems beating +.500 teams throughout much of the season.
we also had problems with our completely immobile center who can't score to save his life. Dirk has never had a center who could produce on offense. Gooden will do that, but it'd be great if we could get one that could hold his own on the defensive end, as well.

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 08-18-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:26 PM   #30
Justin Credible

Quote:
What if we got Raja Bell with the Buck-shot?

Kidd/JJB
Bell/JET
Marion/Ross
Dirk/Gooden
Gasol/Damp

Tell me that doesn't make your mouth water (not that Memphis has any intentions of trading Marc Gasol, but that lineup sure does look sexy...)
Oh definitely, that would be awesome. I was just talking about the Howard for Gasol trade itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
let me put it another way, then: How in the world is wanting to trade Josh Howard for Marc Gasol treating Josh Howard like he's Devean George?
Again, just a completely offtopic observation. It had nothing to do with the thread at all and I never expected it to be an issue. I was just mentioning how I think that it's funny that Josh Howard is treated as a scrub even though he's actually a damn good player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
we also had problems with our completely immobile center who can't score to save his life. Dirk has never had a center who could produce on offense. Gooden will do that, but it'd be great if we could get one that could hold his own on the defensive end, as well.
I agree to an extent, but I think it's a lot easier to deal with a hole in the middle when you build a wall around it.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:09 AM   #31
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
This thread....Why would Memphis trade their only legit center? Especially without getting a center back, that they could count on? Thabeet is definitely not that guy.
If you plugged any other team other than the team you said in that quote, I would completely agree because it has no logic/makes no sense at all. But since this is Memphis we're talking about, who's team seems to have no logic what so ever, who's stated they're just going to help facilitate trades for other teams at the sacrifice of winning basically, and their owner is more worried about money than winning.. I would say nothing is impossible.

But as stated since Gasol is a cheap contract, they'll probably just keep him.

Now once his contract is up and he wants more money he'll probably be available. (or maybe sooner if they want to roll with Thabeet, but I think Thabeet is going to end up being one of the biggest busts in NBA history.)

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 08-19-2009 at 01:15 AM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:10 AM   #32
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
just a completely offtopic observation..
now that makes sense. I thought you were somehow reading the willingness to trade him for Gasol as more of the same.

We'll just have to disagree about the relative importance of SG v. Center. I think that short of MJ on your team, you need a stable post presence to be successful. Kobe couldn't do it.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:13 AM   #33
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
No one ever said that this trade idea actually made sense...
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:56 PM   #34
gscheid

gscheid is on a distinguished road

A classic Cuban Trade - possible withz the Warriers??

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yke5whn
Upgrade:

Marion/Jackson/Singleton
Nowitzki/Thomas/Humphries
Gasol/Gooden/Jawai
Redd/Terry/Ross
Kidd/Ridnour/Beaubois
gscheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 04:05 PM   #35
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by gscheid View Post

Upgrade:

Marion/Jackson/Singleton
Gasol/Gooden/Jawai
Redd/Terry/Ross
Kidd/Ridnour/Beaubois
wat

Old 10-08-2009, 11:23 PM   #36
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

"warriers" ftw
Old 10-09-2009, 12:59 AM   #37
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gscheid View Post

Upgrade:

Marion/Jackson/Singleton
Gasol/Gooden/Jawai
Redd/Terry/Ross
Kidd/Ridnour/Beaubois
I changed your trade a little bit. We would be so awesome for the next 4 seasons!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yzezdb5

Kidd/Jaric
Jackson/Maggette
Marion/Thomas
Dirk/Gooden
Zach/Dalembert

Last edited by sefant77; 10-09-2009 at 01:03 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:02 AM   #38
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I changed your trade a little bit. We would be so awesome for the next 4 seasons!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yzezdb5

Kidd/Jaric
Jackson/Maggette
Marion/Thomas
Dirk/Gooden
Zach/Dalembert

Just say NO to Jaric, Maggette, Randolph, and Dalembert. Overpaid, inefficient, poor defensive players. No thank you!

Last edited by spreedom; 10-09-2009 at 10:02 AM.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:16 PM   #39
gscheid

gscheid is on a distinguished road
Default The GASOL Trade II

With the possibility to trade Jackson for less (and some short contracts) we can also trade Howard and get Mark Gasol.

Do you think, the following trade is possible?

Jackson & Marc Gasol für less and Howard

Marion/Ross/Singleton
Nowitzki/Gooden/Thomas
Gasol/Damp/Jawai
Jackson/Beaubois/Jaric
Kidd/Terry/Claxton
gscheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:51 AM   #40
dude1394
Guru

Do you mean Marc GASHole? I think whether we get him or not depends on the PA announcer.