Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 06-13-2018, 09:15 AM   #2161
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
A very human look at MPJ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MxCjDsiza8

To my previous points about MPJ, his athleticism and ball handling are tremendously over rated. He OFTEN times settles for mediocre shots. Can he shoot? yes. But coming out of college his game is far away from his most common comp KD. Not saying I wouldn't be good with us picking him if he is healthy, but his game is far from solidified.
He would be fun to watch with DSJ. So hard to evaluate but you can see the tools. I can absolutely see the athleticism. Hard to remember how big the kid is and how awkward they can be as teenagers.
saclare is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2018, 10:14 AM   #2162
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Some not so great rumors today...

"The Kings and Mavericks are open to moving down in the draft, according to multiple league front-office executives. Sacramento is in the asset-stacking business, while Dallas is trying to compete for the playoffs next season."

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/6...ivation-trades

@stevekylerNBA
2h2 hours ago
More Steve Kyler Retweeted Chicago Bully 23
I have been told Dallas not as high on Bamba as they are on Carter Williams Jr... That can always change.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:14 AM   #2163
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Another reason why I don't like picking someone like Porter is that he'll come in trying to prove a point. That's not ideal because clashing with NBA talent as rook is tough anyway, and much harder when you think you have to absolutely show off. From the guys that are likely available at #5, he remains my last choice by far.

Maybe we get lucky and Sac/Atl do something stupid like Trae Young or whatever, but I'm also still not opposed trading down if Doncic/Bamba and Ayton are all gone. If there's a nice package to #8-#10 that guarantees us major assets or a nice player and, say Mikal Bridges, why not? That would require the Mavs to read the draft pretty accurately though.
All rookies try to come in and prove themselves to an extent. What almost none of them do is come in to an established team and lose their minds in some wild takeover. Hes gonna say that he wants to fit in and contribute as much as possible, especially here.

Also I think the quickest route to disappointment is the f.o. getting cute trying to guess the draft and trading down and get it wrong or even slightly miss.

We cant afford to walk away from this draft and say that it was anything but bad luck due to health or a huge upside gamble that didnt pay off.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:21 AM   #2164
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post

"The Kings and Mavericks are open to moving down in the draft, according to multiple league front-office executives. Sacramento is in the asset-stacking business, while Dallas is trying to compete for the playoffs next season."

@stevekylerNBA
2h2 hours ago
I have been told Dallas not as high on Bamba as they are on Carter Williams Jr... That can always change.

Wonder if they're really planning to sign Cousins and trade for Jaylen Brown. Would we be a playoff contender then?

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-13-2018 at 10:46 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:41 AM   #2165
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

@stevekylerNBA
2h2 hours ago
I refuse to believe that. We are not this dumb. I don’t think. That can always change.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:52 AM   #2166
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I refuse to believe that. We are not this dumb. I don’t think. That can always change.
Never underestimate the impatience and impetuousness of our owner.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:54 AM   #2167
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing necessarily wrong with trading down if youre sure the guy you want is still there later and you pick up some nice assets to do it. But not for some misguided attempt at short-cutting the rebuild
Old 06-13-2018, 10:57 AM   #2168
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
He would be fun to watch with DSJ. So hard to evaluate but you can see the tools. I can absolutely see the athleticism. Hard to remember how big the kid is and how awkward they can be as teenagers.
Pretty much one of Doncic, Porter or Bamba and I'm ecstatic.

Ayton, Bagley, JJJ, Carter and the rest don't do much for me

But lets say they truly have Carter rated higher than some of those other dudes and they can trade down and still get him then by all means do it

Last edited by mac222b; 06-13-2018 at 10:58 AM.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:00 AM   #2169
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

It's all poker face right now, but WCJ has been mentioned numerous times with regards to the Mavs interest in the 5th pick. It could be the ole "we love Frank" routine, but I think they actually really like him.

And yes, WCJ falls in line with trading back if the other rumor turns out to be true.

Old 06-13-2018, 11:13 AM   #2170
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't wait until the draft so we can talk about our guy and not every prospect. When does FA start?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:19 AM   #2171
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know why but i just can't see it with Porter. Probably my last choice from the top prospects tbh

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:32 PM   #2172
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

8 DAYS.

What a rollercoaster
Old 06-13-2018, 01:48 PM   #2173
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
When does FA start?
July 1: First day of new league year, free agent moratorium begins allowing teams to negotiate with players and reach verbal agreements

July 6: Moratorium ends to start free agency and trades

July 13: Deadline for teams to revoke qualifying offers to RFAs
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:16 PM   #2174
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Anyone think that we could compete by trading for Jaylen and signing Boogie?

Boogie/Dirk/Powell
Kleber/ ???
Barnes/Matthews/DFS
Brown/ ???
Smith/Barea/
Old 06-13-2018, 02:32 PM   #2175
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

You do not draft XY because u think you get later XY in the FA
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:34 PM   #2176
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
You do not draft XY because u think you get later XY in the FA
But what if they just don't think Porter, JJJ, or Bamba are that good? Anything is possible until the draft actually happens.

I get the sneaking suspicion that they aren't all that high on Bamba. Hope I'm dead wrong about that...

Old 06-13-2018, 04:10 PM   #2177
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But what if they just don't think Porter, JJJ, or Bamba are that good?
Then they need to find new jobs because they suck at theirs.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:13 PM   #2178
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@Schultz_Report: Villanova’s Mikal Bridges is a guy that continues to draw praise from front offices. Everyone I’ve spoken w/gushes over his marked improvement/high character. As one GM expressed, Bridges is the kind of guy you want in your building — around your other young guys. #NBADraft

Old 06-13-2018, 04:17 PM   #2179
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

I could see Carter being the picK. Out of all the Biggs in the draft he has the highest floor and Best combination of skill, shooting, and defense. He shot 41.3% from three and averaged two assists per game. I do find his size a little disconcerting, he is about 6’9” without shoes and 250 pounds. But he checked in with less than 8% body fat at the combine, so I do think it is feasible for him to slim down a little and work on moving his feet faster on the perimeter.

I’ve mentioned this before, but he is a full year younger than Bamba, and also the advanced stats say he was the best defender on Duke.
Old 06-13-2018, 05:14 PM   #2180
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

6’9” is the new center height

Plus they make him a perimeter 4 with Motley/Powel inside of Cousins doesn’t come

More I think about it, the more I think the Mavs probably trade that pick and try to go big this year. Carter and Bridges are the most ready to hit the ground running.

Just think that will lead to the same result as last year.

Week 1 - “were so awesome!”
Weeks 2-3 - “oh crap, we’re getting destroyed”

Mavs May be seriously underestimating how bad we are if they think we can grab Carter and use our cap and suddenly be competing

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-13-2018 at 05:16 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:12 PM   #2181
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Another example of Cuban over thinking it. This is the wrong draft to trade down in. You don't walk away from the talent on this board.

And you certainly don't trade down to make the playoffs next year. You will get blasted in round 1 in a 4-5 games. How is that worth it? Just stop pretending you didn't fuck up and start building for the future.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:56 PM   #2182
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Another example of Cuban over thinking it. This is the wrong draft to trade down in. You don't walk away from the talent on this board.

And you certainly don't trade down to make the playoffs next year. You will get blasted in round 1 in a 4-5 games. How is that worth it? Just stop pretending you didn't fuck up and start building for the future.
Not to mention this entire shit season working towards that 5 pick. There’s talent at 5 and we knew that when the season started. This screams as Cuban trying to be cute and get more and end up with another egg on his face. Use the pick.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:06 PM   #2183
mac222b
Diamond Member

If they do it for the right reasons, trading down could be quite beneficial. Don’t do it to push for the playoffs to get swept in round 1. Do it because your guy will be there at 7 and you’ll pick up another nice asset or two to move down two or three spots. If that’s the case, and they have a Bridges or Knox or WCJ graded similarly and they can get #22 or some other goodies than do it. Maybe they don’t like Bamba or Porter or whoever is left.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:23 PM   #2184
Underdog

Sounds like JJJ is going to be working out for the Mavs in the next couple days...

Old 06-13-2018, 08:43 PM   #2185
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
If they do it for the right reasons, trading down could be quite beneficial. Don’t do it to push for the playoffs to get swept in round 1. Do it because your guy will be there at 7 and you’ll pick up another nice asset or two to move down two or three spots. If that’s the case, and they have a Bridges or Knox or WCJ graded similarly and they can get #22 or some other goodies than do it. Maybe they don’t like Bamba or Porter or whoever is left.
Then their grades are bad.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:54 PM   #2186
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=EricaLubarsky;1436875]6’9” is the new center height

Plus they make him a perimeter 4 with Motley/Powel inside of Cousins doesn’t come

[/QUOTE
And lateral quickness is nowadays for a center more important than height. Hell, solid chances he gets destroyed as a center.Just draft someone else and throw big money at Favors in the FA if you are in love with Carters skillset....

Carter as perimeter 4 lacks the lateral quickness and he is going to get destroyed.

Remember the Giannis-Larkin garbage? They missed the playoffs and traded down for Larkin because they thought he is the most ready.

Same crap this year again with Carter or Bridges. Even after draftnight our roster is still borderline garbage and we are miles away from the warriors or Celtics talentwise. No reason to rush or pick high floor guys over high ceiling guys. High floor is interesting for Memphis and no other team.

And someone please lock Cuban inside a toilet during the draft. Dude lost in 2013 forever his right to be in the war room. Dont care if he pays the bills.

Last edited by sefant77; 06-13-2018 at 09:01 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:56 PM   #2187
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
And lateral quickness is nowadays for a center more important than height.

Carter as perimeter 4 lacks the lateral quickness and he is going to get destroyed.

Remember the Giannis-Larkin garbage? They missed the playoffs and traded down for Larkin because they thought he is the most ready.

Same crap this year again with Carter.
Carter is a bit different, but I think fans would have a reason to be upset if they traded back. The deal would have to be of superstar quality to do that. Otherwise, what was the point of such a bad season?

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 06-13-2018 at 08:56 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:05 PM   #2188
sefant77
Guru

Just check what they say about his weaknesses...cant defend at the perimeter, isnt a switch defender etc. Hell no to Carter at #5 or trading down for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NTh4Kd5WRo

Last edited by sefant77; 06-13-2018 at 09:06 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:40 PM   #2189
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

188 hours
Old 06-13-2018, 10:02 PM   #2190
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
188 hours
Sounds way better this way
Old 06-13-2018, 11:08 PM   #2191
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

It's official. This guy is gold. MPJ video this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2vYvuxIf-Q

EDIT: here is a link to his Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jkylemann

and his podcast seems to not be active: http://bogansheroes.podomatic.com/

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 06-13-2018 at 11:18 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:21 PM   #2192
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's official. This guy is gold. MPJ video this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2vYvuxIf-Q

EDIT: here is a link to his Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jkylemann

and his podcast seems to not be active: http://bogansheroes.podomatic.com/
This actually scared me off Porter. I’m on my final bandwagon, Doncic + Capela or bust!!
Old 06-14-2018, 02:55 AM   #2193
Zaman314125

Zaman314125 will become famous soon enoughZaman314125 will become famous soon enough

I'm so sorry but if we end up with Wendell Carter Jr in this draft, I'm going to puke. I doubt he's the next Al Horford. Doesn't have lateral quickness (per Locked-On Mavs podcast). No thank you I'm out. Cuban needs to be locked away from the war room if he's serious about this. Please give me one of the top 6 players. This isn't too hard. Mavs have to pick between two players.

BTW if the Kings reports are true and MPJ goes two, then we might have a legit shot at Doncic. That's crazy to even think that.

Oh EricaLubarsky, I don't mind that lineup ... I actually kind of like it... Doubt we pull that off though. Just rebuild organically (sorry I know y'all hate fish) and don't force anything.
Zaman314125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:14 AM   #2194
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaman314125 View Post
I'm so sorry but if we end up with Wendell Carter Jr in this draft, I'm going to puke. I doubt he's the next Al Horford. Doesn't have lateral quickness (per Locked-On Mavs podcast). No thank you I'm out. Cuban needs to be locked away from the war room if he's serious about this. Please give me one of the top 6 players. This isn't too hard. Mavs have to pick between two players.

BTW if the Kings reports are true and MPJ goes two, then we might have a legit shot at Doncic. That's crazy to even think that.

Oh EricaLubarsky, I don't mind that lineup ... I actually kind of like it... Doubt we pull that off though. Just rebuild organically (sorry I know y'all hate fish) and don't force anything.
If Sacramento takes Porter at 2, then Bagley and Doncic almost definitely go next.

Old 06-14-2018, 08:31 AM   #2195
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

MPJ canceling workouts?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbn...grizzlies-gmib

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/?_ga=...kJPKzU1cYYX99K

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 06-14-2018 at 08:34 AM.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:43 AM   #2196
mac222b
Diamond Member

He's got a promise from SAC or Memphis? Seems like a very SAC thing to do.

Last edited by mac222b; 06-14-2018 at 08:46 AM.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:00 AM   #2197
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

The ringer has Gary Trent Jr going 42nd? Really?

I still wouldn't believe anything you read. First off, they said the workout would be rescheduled. Secondly, this is an agent trying to raise the value of his client.

Old 06-14-2018, 09:06 AM   #2198
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

177 hours

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-14-2018 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:54 AM   #2199
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:
The ringer has Gary Trent Jr going 42nd? Really?

I still wouldn't believe anything you read. First off, they said the workout would be rescheduled. Secondly, this is an agent trying to raise the value of his client.

I would be livid if we passed up Trent at 33 to replace Curry (unless another big name fell, of course).
Old 06-14-2018, 10:02 AM   #2200
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
If I recall correctly, it had nothing to do with Larkin being more ready, and everything to do with Cuban wanting more cap space to throw at Dwight Howard. In any case, I sincerely hope the Mavs FO didn't think picking Larkin was going to get them back to playoff glory days.
saclare is online now   Reply With Quote