Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 06-21-2018, 09:47 AM   #2481
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Bamba, y u no hold Mavs hat?

Last edited by saclare; 06-21-2018 at 10:08 AM.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2018, 09:48 AM   #2482
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Deal with Memphis unlikely at this stage for anyone. Givony tweet.

Hopefully we can put to rest having two top 5 picks. It was never going to happen
That’s the harm of Fish.

Throwing around unsubstantiated and crazy rumors may be fun when people want Mavs news by it ultimately leads to disappointment. Even if we just have the 5th pick, or trade down for the 7th, we’re going to feel like Mavs should have done more.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-21-2018 at 09:57 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:49 AM   #2483
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Woah, how do you make the pic smaller? Excuse my ignorance lol I just used the insert image web link.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:59 AM   #2484
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Woah, how do you make the pic smaller? Excuse my ignorance lol I just used the insert image web link.
Just delete the last part and replace with "small" should work.

the img link is- https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgOBYBmWsAIhpGs.jpg:large

So just replace the word large with small. Or delete ":large" entirely and maybe the regular size image is fine? Not sure. But nothing about Bamba isn't large so it's fitting

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 06-21-2018 at 10:00 AM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:01 AM   #2485
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Bamba needs a pic that big. I wouldn't worry about the hats. He refused to workout for Memphis so that shouldn't even be there.

Edit: And for what it's worth, Givony says we're likely to take him.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 06-21-2018 at 10:05 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:04 AM   #2486
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

And if Fish says we like Porter and WCJ, then you know we're targeting Doncic and JJJ.

Old 06-21-2018, 10:08 AM   #2487
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Just delete the last part and replace with "small" should work.

the img link is- https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgOBYBmWsAIhpGs.jpg:large

So just replace the word large with small. Or delete ":large" entirely and maybe the regular size image is fine? Not sure. But nothing about Bamba isn't large so it's fitting
I initially deleted large, but just replaced with small and it's much better. Good call! lol
Old 06-21-2018, 10:09 AM   #2488
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Bamba needs a pic that big. I wouldn't worry about the hats. He refused to workout for Memphis so that shouldn't even be there.

Edit: And for what it's worth, Givony says we're likely to take him.
Oh absolutely. I'm just joking about the hats. Some intern probably gave him a bunch and said try this for a pose.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:50 AM   #2489
texasbball

texasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to all

Man I'm excited about tonight! I doubt we end up with more than the 5th pick, but a Memphis 4th for a Parsons contract, next year's 1, and Barnes I'd do in a heartbeat. Even if Doncic is gone, Bamba/JJJ or Bamba/Bagley or JJJ/Bagley at C/PF for the next 12 years would be great in my opinion. I doubt it would happen, but Barnes won't be here in 7 years. We should be able to get our center at 5, regardless. MPJ scares me. The man had a back injury, he didn't play that well when he came back, and hasn't played that much in over a year. Just too risky. I would prefer WCJ, though we should have a better option than him, though only time can tell for sure. Tonight is coming. Hoping tomorrow feels bright and I'm not shaking my head because they traded down to show their brilliance or something. One of Bamba, JJJ, Bagley, or Doncic makes this a good draft with hope going forward.
texasbball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:51 AM   #2490
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

The Dime Drop put out his mock draft with the emphasis on what he would do if he were the teams. He has the Mavs going with Carter and Bamba dropping to #7. Interesting.

2018 NBA Dime Drop "Best Fit/What Would I Do" Mock Draft
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:53 AM   #2491
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Can we perhaps have a gentlemans/ladies agreement not to give away who the pick is until announced at the podium? I feel like we've all waited so long for this day that it would be a shame to hear from it on social media first. People who don't have ESPN can of course find out for themselves beforehand, but it would be nice not to post it here before Silver actually announces it. I'm only going to be on these boards during the draft because the others "cough DB.com* will be meltdown city no matter who is picked.

Old 06-21-2018, 11:01 AM   #2492
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

My wish list
1) Don't trade down/out
2) Don't take a flyer on Porter
3) Don't go too safe with Carter
4) Attempt to get more picks. Lottery is good, but also late first and even second rounders.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:29 AM   #2493
texasbball

texasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to all

I'm a home town guy, so a little bias. But I'd like Shake Milton in the second. He has size and ability, and I think he's looking to prove to people just how good he can be. I like that.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:30 AM   #2494
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Deal with Memphis unlikely at this stage for anyone. Givony tweet.

Hopefully we can put to rest having two top 5 picks. It was never going to happen
Lol. Of course it’s unlikely. It doesn’t put anything to rest. Memphis doesn’t know what they are going to draft yet. Nobody knows who Sac is going to draft until it happens.

Last edited by FreshJive; 06-21-2018 at 11:43 AM.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 11:40 AM   #2495
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to see them grab Giannis' brother with our last pick and hope he turns into something. Maybe build a relationship and get the Freak to Dallas where he should have been drafted!
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:22 PM   #2496
Zaman314125

Zaman314125 will become famous soon enoughZaman314125 will become famous soon enough

From what I'm reading, I think we end up with Doncic somehow someway.

What would y'all think of a lineup of this?

PG - DSJ
SG - Smart
SF - Doncic
PF - Barnes
C - Cousins

I don't like it but making a lineup from what I'm reading atm
Zaman314125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:25 PM   #2497
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Rumor is Philly wants Michael Porter Jr. Offering Fultz, #10 and #22.

Last edited by BPo001; 06-21-2018 at 12:41 PM.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:26 PM   #2498
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Yeah, those damn Cousins rumors don't seem to go away. If we're seriously going to pursue him, then I think we're picking MPJ or trading to get Luka.

Old 06-21-2018, 12:36 PM   #2499
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Rumor is Philly wants Porter. Offering Fultz, #10 and #22.
Wtf is Philly doing? Draft either Bridges or Smith at 10. Wiz do that deal in a heartbeat.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:36 PM   #2500
Zaman314125

Zaman314125 will become famous soon enoughZaman314125 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Yeah, those damn Cousins rumors don't seem to go away. If we're seriously going to pursue him, then I think we're picking MPJ or trading to get Luka.
Yea idk how to feel about that. I'm not a fan of Cousins. I don't want MPJ so give me Luka. There goes my Mo Bamba dream. Watch him turn it to be like Embiid....
Old 06-21-2018, 12:38 PM   #2501
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaman314125 View Post
From what I'm reading, I think we end up with Doncic somehow someway.

What would y'all think of a lineup of this?

PG - DSJ
SG - Smart
SF - Doncic
PF - Barnes
C - Cousins

I don't like it but making a lineup from what I'm reading atm
Idk how that would happen, but fwiw I would start with
DSJ
Doncic
Barnes
Powell or Dirk
Cousins

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:41 PM   #2502
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Wtf is Philly doing? Draft either Bridges or Smith at 10. Wiz do that deal in a heartbeat.
Michael Porter Jr not Otto. Sorry, edited to avoid confusion.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:44 PM   #2503
Zaman314125

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Idk how that would happen, but fwiw I would start with
DSJ
Doncic
Barnes
Powell or Dirk
Cousins
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...or-right-price

I like the Dirk lineup better.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:01 PM   #2504
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

5 hours
Old 06-21-2018, 02:23 PM   #2505
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Don’t fuck this up, Mavs.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 02:42 PM   #2506
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is MPJ an iso type? Cousins is although he can be a decent passer. Along with Barnes that would be three iso ballers along with a shoot first pg in DSJ. Not sure I like that. Atlanta plz help
Old 06-21-2018, 02:58 PM   #2507
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Most reliable sources have us picking Bamba though. That's who my final pick is.

This draft actually might not be as drama filled as we think it will be...esp if there are no trades at the top end.

Old 06-21-2018, 03:12 PM   #2508
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

3 hours
Old 06-21-2018, 03:22 PM   #2509
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Michael Porter Jr not Otto. Sorry, edited to avoid confusion.
Duh that makes a lot more sense — my bad. I wouldn’t do that trade unless we think one of the Bridges is the bet player in the draft.
Old 06-21-2018, 03:45 PM   #2510
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Shams

Sources: Phoenix (Arizona’s DeAndre Ayton) and Sacramento (Duke’s Marvin Bagley III) have locked in on the NBA Draft’s Nos. 1 and 2 picks.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:04 PM   #2511
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

What time do they start announcing picks? 6:30? 6:35? Central time?

Old 06-21-2018, 04:10 PM   #2512
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Zach Klein @ZachKleinWSB
Feeling among multiple NBA league sources I've spoken with...
Hawks take Luka at #3.. trade him to Dallas at #5, then Hawks take Trae Young.
Baze might also be in play tonight as part of deal
Old 06-21-2018, 04:14 PM   #2513
texasbball

I think the picks start some time after 7:00 CST. An hour of hype before. I heard that on the radio.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:16 PM   #2514
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Zach Klein @ZachKleinWSB

LETS GOOOOOO
Old 06-21-2018, 04:17 PM   #2515
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Zach Klein @ZachKleinWSB
I'm down tbh.

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 04:20 PM   #2516
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah Mavs go after Luka and then Cousins in The FA

Would prefer Luka and Bamba
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 04:22 PM   #2517
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
What time do they start announcing picks? 6:30? 6:35? Central time?
Folowill retweeted this
For those interested: ESPN’s NBA Draft rundown has the Mavs going to the podium with the 5th pick at approximately 6:58 pm CT.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:23 PM   #2518
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Zach Klein is a sports director for ABC in Atl according to his twitter account. Ramona Shelburne follows him.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:30 PM   #2519
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

YES! Bazemore and Luka is a huge deal if that happens. We need a defensive guard to go with those guys. PLEASE!

Old 06-21-2018, 04:31 PM   #2520
Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud of

Funky that after more than a decade on this board and so many burned nights for even regular season games - this will be the first draft that I'll watch live, ever.

Dallas Mavs Supporter, Berlin/Germany
Zaknaf3in is offline   Reply With Quote