Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 02-11-2003, 05:52 PM   #241
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Actually got Eminem and Dixie Chicks in the changer, and a bass Tape in the Deck. I love the way dodge went with the wider slots for the radio, got both a CD and a tape Deck in one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2003, 05:58 PM   #242
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

That looks like a really cool book veruca, I'll have to check it out.

Currently playing: Royal Tenenbaums soundtrack

"We could blow this place up if we wanted to. We would set it all up!"
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 06:21 PM   #243
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

Oh that's one of my favourite movies, what is on the soundtrack?

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 06:25 PM   #244
turbo.mav

I honestly cant get enough of the movie. The soundtrack is great. Its got everything from Nico to Velvet, to The Clash, The Ramones... and assorted themes from the movie, which are also enjoyable. I got the DVD for Christmas and bought my friend and myself the soundtrack[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2003, 07:34 PM   #245
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Feast on Scraps

Nellyville
Old 02-11-2003, 07:41 PM   #246
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Wow, Nellyville is very popular isn't it. Interesting.

Smile like you mean it
Old 02-11-2003, 07:43 PM   #247
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

The soundtrack for Ken Burns' The Civil War, and Air Supply: Greatest Hits...
Old 02-11-2003, 08:41 PM   #248
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

<< Wow, Nellyville is very popular isn't it. Interesting. >>

is it popular? i just know that when you feel bad, it helps to listen to something my collegues find disgusting... or to do something they would find shocking.
Old 02-11-2003, 08:46 PM   #249
TexRich23

TexRich23 is on a distinguished road

Nellyville was number one on the charts for a few months
Old 02-12-2003, 06:20 AM   #250
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, the LP has got the same name.

&quot;Spread your love&quot; ...
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 10:55 AM   #251
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

Veruca, have you read &quot;England's Dreaming&quot; by Jon Savage? It's pretty good, as well, putting punk (somewhat) in a broader cultural context. Definitely makes me wish I was a little older... and British.

Do check out Helium... Carrie from Sleater-Kinney has actually recorded with Mary Timony of Helium. Also, have you heard Heavens to Betsy? H2B was Corin's first band, comprised of just her on bass and a drummer. Very cathartic, angry and punk. Much rawer than her later S-K work, but also a bit more... urgent, perhaps? Anyway, a good foil to S-K's more melodic moments.

Still pissed about last night's game... grrrr...
Old 02-12-2003, 05:08 PM   #252
veruca salt
Platinum Member

S &amp; D...I have heard Heavens to Betsy.
Rawer as you said, but so were SK when they started out, they do keep getting
more melodic. My boyfriend quite likes all their albums, but the 1st album
just scares him [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I'm going to ask a friend about Hellium, i have a feeling she might have
something I can borrow.

Oh and smile, i was just commenting on Nellyville because about 6 of the last 10 people
had all said they were listening to it, and none of them had been people i would've
expected to share musical tastes.

Smile like you mean it
Old 02-12-2003, 05:42 PM   #253
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

Veruca, I just can't imagine why you're boyfriend wouldn't love S-K's eponymous album! I mean, &quot;A Real Man&quot; can't be construed as gratuitous male-bashing, can it? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Oh well, at least you didn't make him listen to Bikini Kill.

Do you like PJ Harvey? She's one of my all time faves; if you haven't listened to her for whatever reason, you should run out and buy &quot;Rid of Me&quot; immediately.

Nelly crosses all socio-economic, ethnic, regional and religious chasms. Nelly is a cottage industry all into himself. It's a wonder-- and enigma-- to behold.
Old 02-12-2003, 05:48 PM   #254
veruca salt
Platinum Member

hehe, well yes.. it is kind of obvious why he is scared of that album...
but I do make him listen to Bikini Kill too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I'm a mean girlfriend.
He much prefers Le Tigre though.

PJ...now i've never really got PJ, I know I should...but I just don't
like her.

Smile like you mean it
Old 02-12-2003, 07:43 PM   #255
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Royce da 5'9 and 50 Cent. For you rap fans, 50 Cent's CD sold out the day it came out before noon in North Carolina.

They are 2 rappers of the future.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 12:02 PM   #256
turbo.mav

the 50 cent album is cool. Any T-Rex fans out there?
Old 02-13-2003, 12:03 PM   #257
turbo.mav

oops.. anywho off to class
Old 02-13-2003, 12:24 PM   #258
#41_GER

#41_GER is on a distinguished road

&gt;bo&lt;
very good music
also called onkelz
#41_GER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 12:31 PM   #259
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

garth brooks
U2's hits..1980-1990
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 12:42 PM   #260
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

A Silver Mount Zion -- &quot;Born into Trouble as the Sparks Fly Upward&quot;

Stupid band name with stupid song titles, but amazing and beautiful neo-classical style music.
Old 02-16-2003, 09:05 PM   #261
nowitzkisgirl

nowitzkisgirl is on a distinguished road

Daredevil Soundtrack ( Fuel is awesome )
Our Lady Peace- Gravity
Audioslave
Fuel- Something Like Human and Sunburn
Creed- My Own Prison (some of their best work)
Old 02-17-2003, 02:52 PM   #262
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

saw Fuel live once, didn't impress me 2much, but their lead guitar is pretty good. the singer wasn't though,. Although I must say i was only there because they were playing with Sevendust. Now they ROCK
Old 02-17-2003, 02:58 PM   #263
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

A homemade homage to Nell Carter, downloaded entirely from KaZaA.

God, I miss that woman.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 08:57 PM   #264
veruca salt
Platinum Member

currently spinning on random in my 6 CD changer...

The Libertines - Up The Bracket
Pavement - Slanted Enchanted
Teenage Fanclub - Thirteen
Ride - Kaleidoscope promo
78 Saab - Picture A Hum, Can't Hear A Sound
The Dandy Warhols - ...Come Down

Also listening to a lovely little EP from a Melbourne band called Treetops - What's The Matter Baby.

Smile like you mean it
Old 03-28-2003, 09:03 PM   #265
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Silly me, thats what's in my CD player..but i forgot about my new purchases yesterday.

The Raveonettes - Whip It On ep
The Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Master ep
Sahara Hotnights - Jennie Bomb (yay, going to see them with the Datsuns next month!)

Smile like you mean it
Old 03-28-2003, 11:13 PM   #266
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

-Operation Ivy
-Flame Trick Subs
-The Quakes
-Red Hot Curcuit
-Firehose
-NOFX
Old 03-28-2003, 11:22 PM   #267
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Norah Jones
The Deuce Project
Cold Play
Jason Mraz
Old 03-28-2003, 11:36 PM   #268
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

The Cure and Robert Cray
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 11:46 PM   #269
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Old 97's
Hootie &amp; the Blowfish

although - I left my CD changer thingy in the house the other day, forgot to take it out the truck, had to listen to the radio today. Went for 92.5 and was glad to hear some Pink Floyd. I listen to so much stuff that I go through phases where I forget some bands exist.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 12:15 AM   #270
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

The Police: Greatest Hits
Miami Vice I
Old 03-29-2003, 12:25 AM   #271
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

<< Miami Vice I >>

This made me laugh. You crack me up Evil [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2003, 12:46 AM   #272
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

That's the good stuff Nellie... the synthesizer stylings of Jan Hammer combined with the greatness of Phil Collins. It just doesn't get much better than that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]...
Old 03-29-2003, 01:25 AM   #273
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Coldplay
Pete Yorn
Chili Peppers
Chevelle
South FM
&amp; that &quot;Cell Block Tango&quot; song from Chicago. CANNOT get that out of my head.
Old 03-29-2003, 01:47 AM   #274
turbo.mav

The Tragically Hip
Nick Warren
Underworld
Dyvid Bowee
Old 03-29-2003, 01:59 PM   #275
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Console
Air
Death in Vegas
Queens of the Stoneage
Depeche Mode
Old 03-30-2003, 01:13 PM   #276
sturm und drang
Golden Member

Veruca, do you like the Go-Betweens?

Am going to buy Cursive and Rainer Maria this week in attempt to tide me over 'till the new Radiohead.

In CD player now: Willie Nelson's greatest hits, disc two. God, that man is an absolute genius. How can you not love a pothead, tax-evading country singer?
Old 03-30-2003, 06:40 PM   #277
Fidel
Diamond Member

On another note, I was at the Supergrass concert in cologne today and it was sooooo awesome. Was the start of their european tour and they rocked as they allways do... Movin just keep movin [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].
Old 03-30-2003, 07:12 PM   #278
veruca salt
Platinum Member

<< Veruca, do you like the Go-Betweens?

>>

I think i'm actually a bit young for the Go-Betweens (not really an excuse I know, as a hell
of a lot of the music i listen to is pre-1981).
I'm familiar, but I don't really know enough of their stuff to say I dislike them...if that
makes sense.

Smile like you mean it
Old 03-30-2003, 07:14 PM   #279
veruca salt
Platinum Member

<< On another note, I was at the Supergrass concert in cologne today and it was sooooo awesome. Was the start of their european tour and they rocked as they allways do... Movin just keep movin [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. >>

I love seeing Supergrass!

OH! i just remembered, new White Stripes album comes out today, guess i better
run down to the record store.

Smile like you mean it
Old 03-30-2003, 10:44 PM   #280
Fidel
Diamond Member

<< I love seeing Supergrass! >>

I knew that Veruca [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. My post was basicly directed to you. Actually I love seeing them live so much that I think about going to the Berlin concert too, which will be in a few days. Or maybe the one at Strasbourg which is much closer to where I live (Mainz).

Did you actually buy the new White Stripes album? If so, how do you like it?

Tags
<clutch tagging>, got a bit fluffy in here