Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-07-2013, 06:10 PM   #81
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I think Dirk deserves a better team and another chance to compete for a title, but other than that, there is not much he should be complaining about. The FO has been quite successful surrounding him with good (not great) talent over the years and most other teams in the league have done much worse. And it's not like he has always been at his best and the only reason for not being more successful were his awful teammates.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #82
The Ghost of Championship
Banned

The Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these parts

I've loved Cuban as an owner since before he brought the success, but dude straight screws the pooch over and over. First with Nash and then with Chandler. The guy is a pure winner at life though, and has a record of coming out smelling like roses. This time, however, I think he's let his incredible amount of luck go to his head.

Trade Dirk to somewhere like Boston for Rondo, Phili would be a great fit for Dirk to run into a couple more rings but they don't have anything to send back...
The Ghost of Championship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:00 PM   #83
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Possible, but it's a reach. Chandler is an elite complementary guy, but it's not like you would be switching franchise-players with an interested partner. JET, JJB, Caron solid role players, nice additions, but it would at least take a third team to get you talent & picks.
IMO getting players usually takes talent. Trying to just purchase them with money I haven't seen work very often.

The magic got...
"Magic received a package of draft picks, guard Arron Afflalo and Christian Eyenga, forwards Al Harrington, Josh McRoberts, Maurice Harkless and center Nikola Vucevic from Denver, Los Angeles and Philadelphia"

We couldn't even be in that conversation because we had no assets to offer at all. Tyson, jet, jkiddo, jjb, brewer, Stevenson were just off a championship and at the height of their value. If we could have been in that conversation and gotten Dwight here we would have gotten what we wanted.

Here is what it took to get Chris Paul..
"The Clippers will send guard Eric Gordon, center Chris Kaman, forward Al-Farouq Aminu and Minnesota's unprotected 2012 first-round pick to the Hornets for Paul. The Clippers will also receive two future second-round picks."

Again we were not even in the conversation because we had no assets.

Cuban letting assets walk for nothing is one of the things that drives me ( and Nellie i believe ) absolutely bonkers. IMO assets should rarely be allowed to leave without getting something back.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 01-07-2013 at 08:01 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #84
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Championship View Post
I've loved Cuban as an owner since before he brought the success, but dude straight screws the pooch over and over.
Eh. Mavs were 13-25 when he bought the team and finished 40-42 that season. I'm not sure when 'before he brought the success' was exactly.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #85
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Never liked Caplan, MacMahon and that JJT guy on ESPNDallas. Can't judge em on a professional basis, but all of them seemed to love themselves more than what they do. Plus too much all-around pessimism and criticism on the team.

Especially JJT should stick to football.
JJT should stick to scrubbing toilets.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #86
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
IMO getting players usually takes talent. Trying to just purchase them with money I haven't seen work very often.

The magic got...
"Magic received a package of draft picks, guard Arron Afflalo and Christian Eyenga, forwards Al Harrington, Josh McRoberts, Maurice Harkless and center Nikola Vucevic from Denver, Los Angeles and Philadelphia"

We couldn't even be in that conversation because we had no assets to offer at all. Tyson, jet, jkiddo, jjb, brewer, Stevenson were just off a championship and at the height of their value. If we could have been in that conversation and gotten Dwight here we would have gotten what we wanted.

Here is what it took to get Chris Paul..
"The Clippers will send guard Eric Gordon, center Chris Kaman, forward Al-Farouq Aminu and Minnesota's unprotected 2012 first-round pick to the Hornets for Paul. The Clippers will also receive two future second-round picks."

Again we were not even in the conversation because we had no assets.

Cuban letting assets walk for nothing is one of the things that drives me ( and Nellie i believe ) absolutely bonkers. IMO assets should rarely be allowed to leave without getting something back.
Don't see us beating the Gordon-package for Paul but man I honestly didn't remember that weak shit the Magic got for Howard. Have to admit that it's hard to believe the Mavs wouldn't have been in the conversation with Chandler and stuff.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:32 PM   #87
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Don't see us beating the Gordon-package for Paul but man I honestly didn't remember that weak shit the Magic got for Howard. Have to admit that it's hard to believe the Mavs wouldn't have been in the conversation with Chandler and stuff.
I don't know if we could have or not, but with Cubans plan we don't even get a bat. It's asinine to me.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #88
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Eh. Mavs were 13-25 when he bought the team and finished 40-42 that season. I'm not sure when 'before he brought the success' was exactly.
That turnaround had alot more to do with young players coming into their own.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #89
germancow
Banned

germancow is infamous around these parts

who cares we have jae crowder! who is the best in the nba right in front of jeremy lin
germancow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:11 PM   #90
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
That turnaround had alot more to do with young players coming into their own.
Well we've had this debate before on the site before regarding how essential Cuban was to that rebound, but regardless of the cause I'm not sure what this era of non-success at the start of Cuban's tenure he's referring to. Unless he's talking about Dennis Rodman.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:25 PM   #91
adonis
Golden Member

adonis is infamous around these parts

I rather Dirk retire in '14 than see him join the Heat or the Lakers via free agency.

Last edited by adonis; 01-07-2013 at 11:26 PM.
adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:07 AM   #92
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
The irony here is that Dwaine Price is, in fact, a horrible beat writer. Quite possibly the worst I've ever read. So seeing McMahon and Price go back and forth is weird. I have no idea whose side I'm on.
Saturday, the first time they'll see each other, is going to be incredibly interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Can I just be on BG's side?
No, I suck. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Price lacks any semblance of insight or intelligence, but he doesn't twist things like MacMahon. It's funny to watch him squirm now.
DP also struggles with technology.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:26 AM   #93
|_Jeff_|

|_Jeff_| has a spectacular aura about|_Jeff_| has a spectacular aura about|_Jeff_| has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Nobody questioned whether Dirk was pissed or not. It was the idea of trading Dirk that is completely off base.
^^Your post is the first time I realized there are morons that thought the article was saying "trade Dirk" or "Dirk wants to be traded".

The article was about Dirk's frustration and criticism of the front office. If you read it in some way about trading Dirk then the stupidity is on you, not the author.
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
|_Jeff_| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:37 AM   #94
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by |_Jeff_| View Post
^^Your post is the first time I realized there are morons that thought the article was saying "trade Dirk" or "Dirk wants to be traded".

The article was about Dirk's frustration and criticism of the front office. If you read it in some way about trading Dirk then the stupidity is on you, not the author.
Except that Dirk wasn't criticizing the front office. So who's that stupidity on?
Old 01-08-2013, 12:58 AM   #95
|_Jeff_|

|_Jeff_| has a spectacular aura about|_Jeff_| has a spectacular aura about|_Jeff_| has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Except that Dirk wasn't criticizing the front office. So who's that stupidity on?
Oh, sure. Dirk was obviously giving the FO a pat on the back and vote of confidence.

That was the most biting criticism we've ever heard from Dirk publicly and probably ever will. Cuban acknowledged it as direct criticism, but deflected it as frustration and said he's had private criticism from Dirk equal to this in the past.
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
|_Jeff_| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:02 AM   #96
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Who is Dirk going to criticize? Himself? Jason Terry? Jason Kidd? Tyson Chandler?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:20 AM   #97
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

All I can do is laugh at this point. Didn't watch one second of the Utah game. Watch the highlights this morning to see Hayward doing his prime Kobe impression. Blocking Roddy B on the break and draining 3's. Bwahahhaaa. Can't even be mad anymore. It's comical at this point.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #98
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Price and McMahon are terrible... I disliked them alot less before I heard them on the radio.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #99
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

The game went south last night when it got testy and physical. Then Dirk got taken down and no one did Shit! That can't happen. At that point or soon after, when they were making their run, Dahntay Jones should have been in the game. Mayo is still a bit soft, You need tough guys in those situations because it's just as much grit as basketball strategy.

Get rough and tough on the Mavs and we shrivel up, ugh. No fight.

(fyi... This didn't happen with you know who.)

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:58 AM   #100
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post

Get rough and tough on the Mavs and we shrivel up, ugh. No fight.

(fyi... This didn't happen with you know who.)
Nick "Eff Em!"van Exel?

Last edited by Lestat_1795; 01-08-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Lestat_1795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #101
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

We'd be the Knicks at best.

TC=TC
Kidd=Kidd
JR Smith=Mayo
Melo=Dirk

Not sure where that nets us in the competitive race. Miami and OKC are obviously stud teams but beyond them, it's anybody's guess.

I think the Mavs have to make a move while Dirk is on the books. Play the powder game when he's done as an All-Star guy.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dirk rips cuban, mavsfansuicidewatch, noob posters talkin smack