Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 01-13-2014, 10:10 AM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default A D-M.com update

D-M.com has been in a transition. We've seen a few posters move on, many old posters come back and an encouraging number of brand-new posters pop up. It's been an overwhelmingly positive time to be a member of D-M.com.

There have been bumps along the way, however. In the past week we discovered that a handful of threads had gone missing. We investigated and found that one of our posters, who recently was promoted to mod deleted them, unaware of how significantly it impacted the D-M.com community as a whole. To him, it was merely editing his posting history, but to many of us, it meant that our discussions were destroyed as well as the post numbers and rep that came with it.

On the surface it looked like all was lost, but some very smart mods (jthig, etc.) are currently working to re-inject the threads back into the forum so that we'd have access to them again. Nothing is certain right now other than the fact that a few posters are thanklessly working to restore DM.com's discussions, despite the limitations of the server system. We owe them a debt of gratitude for not only moderating without pay or thanks, but also for lending their expertise to looking at the SQL code and trying to figure out a way to recover lost discussions.

As for the poster who did all this, he has been dealt with appropriately by DJ and the mod team. There is not much more to say about it, other than the fact that the damage has been done, he no longer has the power to do damage to the site and that we as mods are trying to repair that damage. There is no need to point fingers or linger on the blame game. What's done is done and we are trying our best to undo it.

Right now we just ask that you stay positive, keep posting and enjoy yourself here. If you search for a thread and it isn't there, create it. We're all Mavs fans and we all want to talk about the Mavs, the NBA and our other interests: there's no reason we can't re-create the threads and re-kindle the discussions to make this site even better than it is now.

Thank you in advance for your passion, politeness and understanding,

The DM.com mod team
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2014, 10:17 AM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

That was bright.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:51 PM   #3
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Bayliss lost his marbles, deleted a substantial number of threads out of spite, and was banned. That's what I have deduced because I have eyeballs. The cloak and dagger subterfuge seems kind of silly to me, being that his actions directly hurt the forum to the extent that he doesn't deserve to be protected. Especially since he probably won't be coming around here anymore.

And I'm not blaming the mods for this, because it may not even be their decision. It just seems like doing things this way is just going to bolster the view that some people have of this place being cliquish.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:44 PM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
Bayliss lost his marbles, deleted a substantial number of threads out of spite, and was banned. That's what I have deduced because I have eyeballs. The cloak and dagger subterfuge seems kind of silly to me, being that his actions directly hurt the forum to the extent that he doesn't deserve to be protected. Especially since he probably won't be coming around here anymore.

And I'm not blaming the mods for this, because it may not even be their decision. It just seems like doing things this way is just going to bolster the view that some people have of this place being cliquish.
It's definitely a hard balancing act. We don't want to run the forum with an iron fist and play the blame game. On the other hand, we aren't looking to be clique-y and secretive either, which it might look like. We're just trying to be transparent with everyone without saying, "look at so-and-so who was a real @!$%%"

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-13-2014 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:09 PM   #5
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
It's definitely a hard balancing act. We don't want to run the forum with an iron fist and play the blame game. On the other hand, we aren't looking to be clique-y and secretive either, which it might look like. We're just trying to be transparent with everyone without saying, "look at so-and-so who was a real @!$%%"
I think things have been great with you guys so far. There has been an upsurge in discussion, you are all active, you all talk basketball. Which was why the addition of said mod human person was very strange from the beginning. That said, I am glad the remaining mods are who we are going forward with. I guess it just took a meltdown to get things where they should be.

It's kind of like Thanksgiving if you have that one mean family member who is the angry drunk. Once that screen door slams shuts on the trail of expletives and you hear that car start up, you get the good Scotch out and celebrate with the people who aren't a$$holes.

Or, in the case of my family, your parent(s) might actually be the one who slammed the screen door. In that case, you make their life miserable by fighting with your sister for the next three hours, not out of anger, but out of your karmic duty.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:18 PM   #6
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
I'm not sure if he's still coming around or not, but if he is, I'd like to ask, "why?" Seriously, WHY?

His belligerence not only injured a community that he's been a part of for the past 13 years, but it also hurt personally... You think you know somebody, but I guess you can't actually KNOW anyone until you give them an opportunity to betray you... I'm more cynical now. Thanks, Bayliss.

This whole thing sucks.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-13-2014 at 11:53 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:46 PM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Now I'm just waiting around to see the NEXT mod that snaps. I've got all my money on Dub. That guy has been dancing with the devil for far too long...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:31 AM   #8
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Now I'm just waiting around to see the NEXT mod that snaps. I've got all my money on Dub. That guy has been dancing with the devil for far too long...
The catalyst may just be the next time the Mavs get outrebounded by 25+ in a game.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:35 AM   #9
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Man, I sure would like to see what the hell happened! Never knew Locked Up Tonight to be a hothead.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:16 AM   #10
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Bayliss's account was hacked by...dum dum dum....Cadbane!

Ok, but in all seriousness, I'm surprised by this. Bayliss was posting regularly and was down on Carlisle but nothing totally unusual. Strange.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:18 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know Mods could change their comments that the leave in reputation... interesting...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:35 PM   #12
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I didn't know Mods could change their comments that the leave in reputation... interesting...
Mods can see & edit most things on this site - we wouldn't be able to moderate otherwise.

Old 07-05-2014, 05:14 PM   #13
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

What ever happened with this? It had such potential.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:01 PM   #14
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
What ever happened with this? It had such potential.
Jthig fixed the damage that Bayliss had done, that's why the site was down for a few hours last week... No fanfare.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:26 PM   #15
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Jthig fixed the damage that Bayliss had done, that's why the site was down for a few hours last week... No fanfare.
Props

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:03 PM   #16
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Completely missed this when this happened. Thanks to the mods for taking care of this.

This got me thinking about other prominent posters, though.. What happened to Flaco?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:04 PM   #17
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Completely missed this when this happened. Thanks to the mods for taking care of this.

This got me thinking about other prominent posters, though.. What happened to Flaco?
He's still hops on every once in a blue moon, but he's busy with other endeavors.

He's one of the managing editors of SBNation's Stars blog. http://www.defendingbigd.com/

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 07-09-2014 at 09:05 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:07 PM   #18
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh, good for him.

This thread was a bizarre situation though, up there with the epics of CadBane and DrBio.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:19 PM   #19
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

It was indeed.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 07:11 AM   #20
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

thankful for all the work the mods do on here.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 09:57 PM   #21
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Go Mavs!