Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 07-04-2022, 06:48 PM   #1081
Amarelooms

Amarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post
No idea if this is real or fake.

jojo?s son
@JoelEmbiidsSon
The Dallas Mavericks are trading G/F Reggie Bullock to the Philadelphia 76ers in exchange for F Matisse Thybulle and G Furkan Korkmaz, sources tell ESPN
This better be a joke
Amarelooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2022, 06:49 PM   #1082
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessednegr0 View Post
I didn't believe it either until people started posting pictures. Again, I don't have IG and that's the only outlet so far in terms of it. I am not sure how to post pictures here, I wish I could copy and paste it.

I really like Reggie and think he is a beast. I really thought his better years were ahead of him too.

I really don't want Tobias here especially with the signing of McGee. It appears McGee will be starting and I don't see Wood or DFS coming off the bench. There is no place for Tobias.

Was hoping we got lucky and somehow got Collin Sexton and called it an offseason. I really hope we don't trade Reggie.
This what you wanted to post?

Last edited by JustJay; 07-04-2022 at 06:50 PM.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 06:52 PM   #1083
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

jojo?s son
@JoelEmbiidsSon
The Dallas Mavericks are trading G/F Reggie Bullock to the Philadelphia 76ers in exchange for F Matisse Thybulle and G Furkan Korkmaz, sources tell ESPN
I hope not. Reggie Bullock is so much better than Thybulle.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 06:56 PM   #1084
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Something I ask myself all the time, just thought some of you might like to read this thread

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie...?f=6&t=2210434
Old 07-04-2022, 06:59 PM   #1085
JustJay

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie...?f=6&t=2210749
Old 07-04-2022, 07:10 PM   #1086
blessednegr0

blessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

jojo?s son
@JoelEmbiidsSon
I am going to be sick if this is the deal. Reggie has more value than both.
blessednegr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 07:12 PM   #1087
blessednegr0

blessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
This what you wanted to post?

Yes, thank you! I wasn't trying to spread false information. I was pissed when I was reading about this. But yes, that is exactly what everyone was talking about. Reggie was perfect for the Mavericks.

If this is actually the trade, I assume THJ is now back to his starting role. Our bench just got worse in my opinion.
Old 07-04-2022, 07:24 PM   #1088
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessednegr0 View Post
Yes, thank you! I wasn't trying to spread false information. I was pissed when I was reading about this. But yes, that is exactly what everyone was talking about. Reggie was perfect for the Mavericks.

If this is actually the trade, I assume THJ is now back to his starting role. Our bench just got worse in my opinion.
What are you assuming the trade is?

We can not take on additional salary in trades. Tobias has roughly 37m & 39m/yr on his contract.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 07:30 PM   #1089
JustJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post

We can not take on additional salary in trades. Tobias has roughly 37m & 39m/yr on his contract.
Maybe it was just a person speculating but on realgm I saw this

Harris+Thybulle for Bullock+THJ+Bertans

Works on ESPN trade machine

Last edited by JustJay; 07-04-2022 at 07:34 PM.
Old 07-04-2022, 07:35 PM   #1090
blessednegr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post

I don't want to trade Reggie period if I am being honest. I really don't like any of the 76ers that are available to go to Dallas.
Old 07-04-2022, 07:36 PM   #1091
Amarelooms

Amarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Might do that to get out of thj and Bertrans deals honestly. I know Harris has ridiculous contract too though
Amarelooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 07:59 PM   #1092
JustJay

Seems to be a nothingburger

https://twitter.com/ReggieBullock35/...%3Ft%3D2210749
Old 07-04-2022, 08:02 PM   #1093
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

If they trade Bullock for that crap this off season will be a huge letdown
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 08:03 PM   #1094
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty sure he shut it down saying his homies were posting on his IG. Wouldn't make any sense whatsoever to trade Bullock to the Sixers.

Old 07-04-2022, 08:03 PM   #1095
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Ok. I was confused on who the speculated trade was based around.

Old 07-04-2022, 08:05 PM   #1096
SMC0007
Guru

Doesn't matter if Bullock says it's not true. If Cuban says it's not true...it's prolly happening. LOL

Old 07-04-2022, 08:07 PM   #1097
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Dude social media and other forums speculate that we are secretly going after Ben Simmons. This is what Mavs FA turns people into.

Old 07-04-2022, 08:11 PM   #1098
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I wish we would just sign Schroder and call it an offseason. Literally the perfect fit. He'll wear out his welcome by the deadline, Hardy starts playing well Jan-Feb, then you trade him.

It's perfect.

Old 07-05-2022, 03:07 AM   #1099
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I wish we would just sign Schroder and call it an offseason. Literally the perfect fit. He'll wear out his welcome by the deadline, Hardy starts playing well Jan-Feb, then you trade him.

It's perfect.
Seriously. Schroder is a perfect for a one year rental.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 06:17 AM   #1100
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Would love some funny material with Maxi and Dennis Schroeder.

Also don?t mind bringing back Dennis Smith Jr
Old 07-05-2022, 07:08 AM   #1101
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to behold

I would be absolutely happy with adding Schroeder!
Lestat_1795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 08:53 AM   #1102
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Nets got TJ Warren on a one year deal? Wtf? Money hasn't come out yet, but it would be irritating as hell if it was for the minimum.

Old 07-05-2022, 08:57 AM   #1103
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Nets got TJ Warren on a one year deal? Wtf? Money hasn't come out yet, but it would be irritating as hell if it was for the minimum.
I really would have liked him here. I highly doubt it's for vet min.

Old 07-05-2022, 09:12 AM   #1104
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Nets should grow a pair and just run it back. Trading away Kyrie and KD just doesn't vibe with their other offseason moves (including the inexplicable trade for Royce O'Neale).
Old 07-05-2022, 09:40 AM   #1105
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Just waiting for the tampering case to be opened. Someone mentioned it earlier, but if NYK traded their 2nd rnd picks to Detroit what is the possible penalty? Fining teams certainly isn?t going to stop anything because it?s pocket change when compared to player salaries.
I read that there will probably be tampering charges filed UNLESS Dallas agrees to a sign and trade.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2022/07/...tampering.html
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 10:06 AM   #1106
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:

But then we'd have to find a way to get Boban back...

Tobi and Bobi 4-ever!!!!
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 11:08 AM   #1107
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

@wojespn
?
16m
Veteran guard Dennis Schr?der has agreed to a two-year veteran minimum deal with the not Mavericks.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 12:45 PM   #1108
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Is there any way the Chicago-Dragic signing could end up being a SnT where he goes to the Mavs and Frank goes to the Bulls? Frank's contract is now guaranteed, I assume, so maybe waiting for that to happen?
Old 07-05-2022, 12:47 PM   #1109
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Michael Scotto: Sources: The Minnesota Timberwolves signed Taurean Prince to a two-year, $16.7 million extension, which includes player incentive bonuses and is fully non-guaranteed for the 2023-24 season, @HoopsHype has learned. ? via Twitter MikeAScotto
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 12:48 PM   #1110
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Is there any way the Chicago-Dragic signing could end up being a SnT where he goes to the Mavs and Frank goes to the Bulls? Frank's contract is now guaranteed, I assume, so maybe waiting for that to happen?
Why wouldn?t we have just signed him outright and waived Frank? I think I?d rather have Frank tbh. He offers a lot more defensively, and he?s still pretty young.
Old 07-05-2022, 01:10 PM   #1111
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Why wouldn?t we have just signed him outright and waived Frank? I think I?d rather have Frank tbh. He offers a lot more defensively, and he?s still pretty young.
Dragic has better handles and should provide some veteran leadership, but your are right about Frank offering more on defense. I also think he might help Luka keep his cool during those games where his frustration boils to the point of drawing technical fouls.

It might make sense because the Mavs are working on another addition to the roster and need the open spot. And it may be that the Bulls would like to add Frank, but do not have anyone of interest for the Mavs where the salaries would match. In this scenario, a trade would work out well for both teams. I think it is a long-shot, but it seems to me that since the salaries match (not surprising since both are at the vet minimum) and its a head scratcher as to why the Mavs did not apparently pursue Dragic.

Last edited by purplefrog; 07-05-2022 at 01:11 PM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 03:19 PM   #1112
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Dragic has better handles and should provide some veteran leadership, but your are right about Frank offering more on defense. I also think he might help Luka keep his cool during those games where his frustration boils to the point of drawing technical fouls.

It might make sense because the Mavs are working on another addition to the roster and need the open spot. And it may be that the Bulls would like to add Frank, but do not have anyone of interest for the Mavs where the salaries would match. In this scenario, a trade would work out well for both teams. I think it is a long-shot, but it seems to me that since the salaries match (not surprising since both are at the vet minimum) and its a head scratcher as to why the Mavs did not apparently pursue Dragic.
I don't think you can sign and trade free agents...
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 03:54 PM   #1113
JustJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I don't think you can sign and trade free agents...
Correct you cannot, not ones that weren't already on your team anyway.
Old 07-05-2022, 04:24 PM   #1114
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Spurs claim Roby off waivers.

Old 07-05-2022, 04:30 PM   #1115
purplefrog
Platinum Member

Mavs use part of MLE to make Hardy contract a multi-year deal.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ulti-Year-Deal

Last edited by purplefrog; 07-05-2022 at 04:30 PM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 05:19 PM   #1116
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mavs use part of MLE to make Hardy contract a multi-year deal.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ulti-Year-Deal
Cuban learned his lesson? Always get bird rights and always make them a RFA.

Without cap, it would have been a two-year minimum deal. Sounds like it's a hair above minimum but got that three year deal on (2+ team option/RFA).
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 06:17 PM   #1117
JustJay

Eddie Sefko @ESefko
2 minutes ago
As Mavericks open summer-league practices, Moses Wright is hoping for a big jump as he strives for the final spot on the roster. mavs.com/wrights-big-su?
Old 07-05-2022, 06:54 PM   #1118
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Josh Green not playing in the summer league is puzzling.

Old 07-05-2022, 07:01 PM   #1119
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Josh Green not playing in the summer league is puzzling.
Supposedly Green is working out with the summer team but not playing?
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 08:54 PM   #1120
BPo001
Diamond Member

Hardy putting in work! Love seeming him with Shamgod.

https://mobile.twitter.com/dallasmav...71050544709636