Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-02-2004, 09:14 AM   #1
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default Sonics v Mavs

I'm surprised that no one has started this thread...

Sonics come into Dallas after defeating the Rockets in Houston. Not a great road team at 11-16 (oh, wait a minute,,,that's the same as our Mavs! geesh..).

The Sonics like offense and don't typically play very much defense, which is who our Mavs resembled the first couple months of the season. The Mavs tho have raised their defensive intensity and that O is soo sweet right now...

Mavs win 112-104
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 09:36 AM   #2
MikeB
Golden Member

MikeB has a spectacular aura aboutMikeB has a spectacular aura about
Default RE:Sonics v Mavs

Seattle had been playing like absolute crap untill just before the Houston game when Nate McMillen got all over them and called them out...questioned their heart...they proceeded to come out and beat the crap out of Houston. I'm glad he didn't wait till after the Houston game to get in their butts...after the big win I look for Seattle to revert back to the form they have been playing lately...poorly. Not that they are a pushover...especially for us...but if we can challenge their shooters at all and beat them down on the boards like last game for easy baskets then we will be alright.

Seattle 103
Dallas 112
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 09:57 AM   #3
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: Sonics v Mavs

With no Payton, I almost like the Sonics.

Mavs 110, Super 97.

Old 03-02-2004, 10:18 AM   #4
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Is Josh Howard playing tonight? He can change the complexion of the game by guarding the shooters.
Nevertheless, Mavs should win by 10.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 10:25 AM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Mavs 103-96
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 11:14 AM   #6
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I'm leaving in a couple hours for the coast. Woo-hoo !! We beat the Sonics tonight and take care of business on the road tomorrow as well.

According to the FWST, Howard is not expected to play tonight. He'll join the team on the road trip and hopes to play against Minnesota. Nash and Williams are not expected to miss any time.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:14 AM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

This would be an easy game for the Mavs to slip up and lose. But I thank we'll keep our focus and come out on top.

Mavs 115
Sonics 107
Old 03-02-2004, 11:43 AM   #8
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I hope the Mavs win coz I'll be listening to the Seattle telecast. 110-98 Mavs
Old 03-02-2004, 11:47 AM   #9
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

I'll be there in my dad's company seats down low so they have to win! Mavs 118-106.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 11:55 AM   #10
DIRK BRASIL

DIRK BRASIL is on a distinguished road

Mavs win by 15
115 X 100
Dirk 26p, 12r
Fin 20p
Nash 19p, 11a
Daniels (garbage time) 6p, 2r

TD return against Mavs on friday?
Old 03-02-2004, 04:31 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
This would be an easy game for the Mavs to slip up and lose. But I thank we'll keep our focus and come out on top.

Mavs 115
Sonics 107
I "thank" so too.

(always nice to agree with the rednecks. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] )
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 05:27 PM   #12
sbjensen

sbjensen will become famous soon enough

Mavs 112, Sonics 107

Good ol' fashioned shootout. I look for Allen, Lewis, Nowitzki, and Finley to all pour in a lot of points.

In the end, the Mavs' fourth-quarter focus at BOTH ends of the floor will allow them to prevail.

Now, if only they could maintain such focus on the road ...
Old 03-02-2004, 11:46 AM   #13
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I'm starting to feel a little spoiled.

Mavs 124
Sonics 91

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 12:52 PM   #14
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I am jealous of MVP!

mavs win a shootout
Mavs 113
Sonics 109

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 01:11 PM   #15
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

mavs win 118-103

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 01:12 PM   #16
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

The staulking, lurching colossus that is this horrifyingly talented Mavericks squad will continue to rend and smash their way through the assorted host of our foes; after tonight, gibbering supersonics will join the shocked and shattered ranks of our recent opponents as horrified witnesses to what this overwhelmingly talented and gelling team is sharpening it's knives to do in the playoffs.

Tonight, the lean and confident colossus Maverick strides forward to a victory easily secured with a twenty point lead in the second quarter, and that will see us win with a final score of 108-90. Dirk will have a quiet 18 points and 6 rebounds. Employee #8 will go for 14 pts, 8 rbs, 7 assts, and Jamison will break out in blowout time, scoring 26.

The bench is going to get a lot of PT in this one...
Old 03-02-2004, 02:05 PM   #17
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

mavs 104-99

just hope they won't take that one too easy...
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 03:37 PM   #18
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Although the last game between these two teams was down to the wire, and was one of the funnest games of the season to watch ... with Dirk going wild, expect this one to be a blowout. The difference in the two being that the mavs are jelling bigtime plus we are at home. This should be the fourth BLOWOUT win in a row!

GO MAVS!!!

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 04:29 PM   #19
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Mavs win this because every player on our squad knows its importance if keeping momentum going in to our tough games later this week. We need momentum, and right now we have it. I'd like to see a high scoring game like last time, but I think this one will be more controlled by the mavs. The next game at seattle could be a different story. Mavs 110-91 (held 3 straight teams to 91, so why not again?)
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 08:23 PM   #20
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Darn, with Nash out can I change my blowout prediction? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 08:26 PM   #21
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I have confidence in Daniels. Whenever I've seen him play, he plays 100%. If he plays well tonight, then he will probably get more playing time as a sub for Nash in the future. Nelly hasn't put Daniels in for an extended period yet, so this is his time to prove himself in game.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 05:31 PM   #22
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs win 110-104

I look for Nash, Dirk, and Finley to score. Score on the court that is. I don't get involved nor do I care what they do in private.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:05 PM   #23
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the rough

Mavs win.

I wish Jamison has a good game (besides Dirk, Nash and the rest). It would be very nice if he could earn the sixth man of the year award.

And the the title [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quetzalcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 06:31 PM   #24
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Mavs win 113-98.

The hot shooting continues.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:06 PM   #25
samoan-maverick

samoan-maverick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass
Mavs win 113-98.

The hot shooting continues.
Hot Defense Continues[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2004, 07:27 PM   #26
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Uh-Oh....Nash out tonight.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:35 PM   #27
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road

CRAP!!!!!

Steve is out tonight and TOMMROW with the FLU!!!! :banghead:

We cant play Minn with a full deck, it just wont happen!!

No JoHo and NO Nash :banghead:
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 07:55 PM   #28
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG........ Best is still out, who in the world is gonna run the point? Activate Steffanson!
Old 03-02-2004, 08:07 PM   #29
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

wow, that really screws us over. who knows, maybe we can carry momentum and pull both of these out without stevie and travis, but that's a long shot at best. that really hurts because i think with steve we would've won both and gained a full head of steam going into the long month of march.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:12 PM   #30
StvNash13

StvNash13 is on a distinguished road

Damn it. Having Steve out is a real bummer. I don't think it will make a difference tonight, we'll still win, but tomorrow we might be in trouble. We literally have no point guard, lol. Can Walker run the point the whole game?? We'll see. I hope that Steve being out will just add to Dirk's and Mike's motivation to tear the Sonics and the Wolves apart.
StvNash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 08:16 PM   #31
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that sucks. I don't have anything else to say about that.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:22 PM   #32
OutletPass
Diamond Member

Nellie is saying thatt Steve MIGHT be back for Houston and SA....that must be one hell of a "stomach virus".

While I expect that Walker and Fin will get time at PG....I'll bet you that we see a lot more of Marquis tonight than we're expecting...I bet he gets 15-18 minutes. For tonight, I'm ok with that...he's been really playing well...and the stats bear that out.

I'll revise my prediction....Mavs 108 Sonics 98.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:24 PM   #33
OutletPass
Diamond Member

Atlanta ahead of the Lakers 32-28 in the mid second quarter..

Oh, please let us gain a half game tonight on SA and a full game on LA.

I'll give LRB's left nut if that can happen !! [img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2004, 08:22 PM   #34
texasflip

texasflip is on a distinguished road

well...ortegal just interviewed nellie and he said that Marquis Daniels is starting tonight at point....now's the time to see our true depth at point.
texasflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 08:30 PM   #35
Cybertx

Cybertx is on a distinguished road

he's a rookie and the pg pos. in this team it's the most important .

Dallas depends in nash play to play good
Cybertx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 08:30 PM   #36
Cybertx

Cybertx is on a distinguished road

this game suddenly turned not so easy to blow
Cybertx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 08:31 PM   #37
PepperTheMavsFan41

Man that sucks!!!

I wonder about this one now!!

MAN I WANTED TO BEAT MINNESOTA!! MORE THAN YOU GUYS KNOW!!!
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:37 PM   #38
OutletPass
Diamond Member

I went backed and checked stats for the games in which Marquis got his biggest minutes of the season, here's what he did:

Detroit .........34 min....16 points on 6 of 11 shooting....1 ast...1 stl...1 TO...0 rebounds.
Utah .............26 min....10 points on 5 of 10 shooting....4 ast...4 stl...3 TO..3 rebounds.

Not bad at all...
Old 03-02-2004, 08:38 PM   #39
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

the flu that has nash out for days? a little strange....
Old 03-02-2004, 08:38 PM   #40
PepperTheMavsFan41

Im excited for Marquise

Lets see what you GOT rookie!!!
It's EVOLUTION baby.