Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-30-2008, 12:18 AM   #521
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

it's going to be tough for the rockets to win game 6 in utah.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2008, 01:00 AM   #522
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the Suns were impressive considering Nash, Stoudamire, and Shaq didn't have moster games. I bet Pop is smiling and sipping wine after the Suns exploited the Diaw on Finley-Ginobli-Udoka matchup because it took away from Stoudamire and Shaq. That was a master move there. I mean how the hell do you go away from the Nash-Stoudamire p-n-r when the Spurs had no answer for it?

I thought the Spurs were sloppy and forced the issue in the 2nd half. Duncan was good defensively, Paker hit some key jumpers at the end while Ginobli nailed some ft's. They made the key plays late in the game and that's all that matters though.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:05 AM   #523
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Spurs in 5 against the Hornets

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:40 AM   #524
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

I think the Rockets somehow win in Game 6 and blow it in Game 7 again.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:01 PM   #525
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

The Hawks push the Celtics to a 7th game.

How improbable has this been? My goodness, what a series.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:02 PM   #526
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Boston-Atlanta going to a game 7.

Edit: twistaeffect beat me to it.

Last edited by Stranger; 05-02-2008 at 10:02 PM.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:12 PM   #527
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

The Hawks have been impressive at home. It's a shame that can't play that way in Boston though. Even if they get blown out I tip my hat to them for taking it to 7 games. No one was expecting this.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:46 PM   #528
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I really want T-Mac beat the Jazz single-handedly by dropping +50. Can't stand the Jazz.

23 pts so far....

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:56 PM   #529
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Rockets are on fire. They've erased a 19-point deficit -- almost -- in half a quarter.

T-Mac with 28.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:02 PM   #530
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Tmac is not going to let them lose tonight.

With that being said, game 7 may be a very scary proposition for him.
Not really sure if this man can handle another game 7 defeat, if it did end in a loss.

Contact Me
Old 05-02-2008, 11:03 PM   #531
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

but theyre down 4...
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:18 PM   #532
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Tmac is not going to let them lose tonight.

With that being said, game 7 may be a very scary proposition for him.
Not really sure if this man can handle another game 7 defeat, if it did end in a loss.
I don't think so... Without rafer out there, I don't think they can beat the jazz..

I did like Tmac's statement about why they play well there however.

"We don't like their fans". Hah...So does Tmac get booed everytime like the dirkster does? Funny...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:19 PM   #533
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi
but theyre down 4...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 05-02-2008, 11:22 PM   #534
dude1394
Guru

So the continuation call is really called indiscriminantly (like much else in the nba). So okur never puts the ball back on the ground on that last foul and puts it up, but he doesn't get it. I've seen a few times that doesn't make much sense like that.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:22 PM   #535
twelli
Diamond Member

Dirk: Salt Lake City "is a bad city"... ha ha ha

MacGrady hasn't showed up in the second half. Now would be the time to show up...

Old 05-02-2008, 11:24 PM   #536
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
uh...18...24...
McGrady has 1 point in the second. Boy you talk about a guy who has some baggage.

Last edited by dude1394; 05-02-2008 at 11:43 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:36 PM   #537
dude1394
Guru

It's kind of pathetic that hubie brown who knows the nba says things with a straight face that when your shots are not falling you have to go to the guy that the referee will call a foul for.

Now what's wrong with this picture?
Old 05-02-2008, 11:39 PM   #538
twelli
Diamond Member

Down 20 points...

No comeback this time...

Old 05-02-2008, 11:45 PM   #539
dude1394
Guru

Now why doesn't the dirkster get that call?
Old 05-03-2008, 12:17 AM   #540
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

tip my hat to Tmac... played great 40 pts 13/26, 10 rebs, 5 ast
scola only other guy in double figures for houston 15 pts. bobby jackson sucks as much as i hate to say it i think rafer would have made a huge difference in this series.

jazz had 7 in double figures and played great tonight.

see yall next year.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:29 AM   #541
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Hawks are going to go down in flames on Sunday but boy are they fun to watch. They have pogo legs, extendo-arms and drive-down-the-lane mentalities.

Plus, they don't take no mess and woof right back at the C's and all their HOFers and All-Star berths.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:19 AM   #542
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

If Atlanta comes out really, really aggressive, as they have at home, I think they've got a chance to win.

Unfortunately, I don't think it will happen. They've haven't been half as aggressive in their games up in Boston in this series.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:25 AM   #543
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I can not possibly overstate how shocked I am by Atlanta.

Let me preface this by saying I have seen very little of the series. But in reading Simmon's comments, I feel very comfortable in pointing out that this is an example why you have to be very careful when arguing that Garnett is better than Dirk.

Garnett is a fantastic player, but superstars that are either incapable or unwilling to put a team on their back and dominate offensively are risky business in the playoffs.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 03:07 AM   #544
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Go Atlanta.

A Celtic collapse in the first round would be a nice follow-up to the Patriots fiasco.

Yeah....that would be nice!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 03:17 AM   #545
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
I can not possibly overstate how shocked I am by Atlanta.

Let me preface this by saying I have seen very little of the series. But in reading Simmon's comments, I feel very comfortable in pointing out that this is an example why you have to be very careful when arguing that Garnett is better than Dirk.

Garnett is a fantastic player, but superstars that are either incapable or unwilling to put a team on their back and dominate offensively are risky business in the playoffs.
Based on what I've seen, Garnett has done very little in the 4th quarter and has gotten gun shy. + some careless turnovers.

This is actually nothing new with him.

That's why I think despite defensive deficiencies compared to KG, Dirk is the better overall player.

Of course anytime I bring up that Dirk has the ability to take over games and is a clutch player non-Mavs fans laugh, but that is just a misconception due to the rigged 2006 finals .
Old 05-03-2008, 08:44 AM   #546
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Marshmallows and kumbaya at my house.

But seriously, game sevens over the last few years have been rough for us. But I'm extremely proud of what this team has accomplished this season. Coming into this year this team was considered a legitimate contender but after our slow start people started to doubt them. Even I started to question Rick Adelman's coaching abilities. Well they proved us wrong and did some great things this season.

The 22 game winning streak was wonderful and that's something no one can take away from us. All the things we accomplished without our best players should say something about our team's makeup. It's disappointing now and I thought if we had made enough of our freethrows and rebounded better we could've at least won one of the first two games of this series.

Anyway, this team next year should be even better because guys like Carl Landry and Aaron Brooks got invaluable playoff experience that will only help them grow as players. It should be an exciting season next year if we can keep enough guys healthy. Go Rockets!!!

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 05-03-2008 at 09:14 AM.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:33 AM   #547
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Go Atlanta.

A Celtic collapse in the first round would be a nice follow-up to the Patriots fiasco.

Yeah....that would be nice!
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mary again.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:12 AM   #548
alby
Guru

Not sure T-Mac, as a human being, wanted another game 7. With that being said, Rick Adelman might be as bad as Avery Johnson. His love for Bobby Jackson (Avery with Stackhouse) is just downright terrible.

Contact Me
Old 05-03-2008, 12:29 PM   #549
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Not sure T-Mac, as a human being, wanted another game 7. With that being said, Rick Adelman might be as bad as Avery Johnson. His love for Bobby Jackson (Avery with Stackhouse) is just downright terrible.
who should he have played instead? rafer was hurt and he did put brooks in after bobby bricked a ton... brooks was bricking them too. luther head is not a PG and he sucks in playoffs.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:59 PM   #550
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
There was no one else. Rafer was out for the remainder of the game, so Bobby Jackson had to become the starting PG. Brooks was in backup. Both bricked a bunch this game. Bobby missed a few wide open threes.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:29 PM   #551
alby
Guru

You guys are Rockets fans and you are defending Bobby Jackson?

you have Tmac, let the guy play point guard... bringing the ball up is not important, but Bobby Jackson taking terrible shots is.

Contact Me
Old 05-03-2008, 05:05 PM   #552
DOMINATOR

Quote:
You guys are Rockets fans and you are defending Bobby Jackson?

you have Tmac, let the guy play point guard... bringing the ball up is not important, but Bobby Jackson taking terrible shots is.
we aren't defending bobby jackson we are defending adelman. he had no choice but to play jackson. who was then taken out because of dumb play for brooks who played just as bad.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:47 PM   #553
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

For the second straight year, the Rockets play one more playoff game than the Mavericks.

Please, Cubes, get us out of this hellhole!
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 08:57 PM   #554
ghazi
Platinum Member

Pistons looked pretty good today, shut down Howard and shut down the 3-PT shooters. 91-72
Old 05-03-2008, 09:24 PM   #555
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Wow. Is Bruce Bowen wearin' Jason Kidd's shoes lol? That's an odd choice of footwear. Is that sign?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:31 PM   #556
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Difference b/w Spurs and Mavs thus far against the Hornets: the Spurs can make open 3 pointers.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:38 PM   #557
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Can the Hornets not defend the 3? Goodness. I think Bruce Bowen and Ginobilli are playing horse and are about tied right now.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:45 PM   #558
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Good move by the Hornets lol. Couldn't stop the Spurs from scoring so might as well stop play to cool them down lol.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:46 PM   #559
LonghornDub

They were playing the same way against us. Difference is, we couldn't make an open shot, and our guys were hesitant to even take them at times.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:00 PM   #560
ghazi
Platinum Member

Yeha even though the Mavs only shot 40% against the Hornets, I wasn't too impressed by their defense. We had plenty of good looks, and just couldn't knock them down. JHo's 29% kinda drags that statistic down as well.

foul too much, give up a lot of open looks, ehhh not impressed by their D.