Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-03-2008, 10:11 PM   #561
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

They're ruining this game. Guys are slipping everywhere.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2008, 10:13 PM   #562
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Only Bowen gets booed when he's hurt on the ground in pain lol.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:16 PM   #563
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Finley is singlehandedly keeping the Hornets at bay.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:16 PM   #564
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Jesus. 8-13 in the 2nd quarter from 3. They're not even attempting to defend the 3.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:18 PM   #565
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

I think the most underrated move this season was the acquistion of Kurt Thomas. I think even the Damon Stoudamire signing was more hyped than KT's. His interior defense is superior to anyone on this Mavs team. I didn't understand why the Suns gave him up anyway when the guy held Duncan down pretty good last season. I guess Pop saw that and wanted to bring him to the team. He's doing a damn good job on West.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:18 PM   #566
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

If we had made some of those three pointers the Spurs are making now, the series would have been very different.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:23 PM   #567
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli
If we had made some of those three pointers the Spurs are making now, the series would have been very different.

You mean had we made them or had we gotten them? Like Prod said, they were there. We just couldn't hit them.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:25 PM   #568
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I am about to change my outdated view of regarding the Spurs as "boring", they are actually quite entertaining to watch. I still don't like much of their personnel but, jacking up three's at every opportunity (and making them) and running down the court all the time is good stuff.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:26 PM   #569
twelli
Diamond Member

Made them...

we had opportunities, a lot of them...

Old 05-03-2008, 10:27 PM   #570
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Should we start a "Round 2" thread?

The fact that Ginobili and Bowen (!) are having their way with this team on offense tells me we did a terrible job of exploiting the Hornet's perimeter defense. I can't believe Josh couldn't play better against Peja and MoPete.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:28 PM   #571
amuseddaysleeper

amuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I am about to change my outdated view of regarding the Spurs as "boring", they are actually quite entertaining to watch. I still don't like much of their personnel but, jacking up three's at every opportunity (and making them) and running down the court all the time is good stuff.
haha

nice
amuseddaysleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:35 PM   #572
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yea I remember hearing Pop wanting the guys to shoot 3's. I think he said something along th e lines of wanting to live by the 3. It was on one of their ABC televised games. I'm sure one of the Spurs fans heard it. I was shocked because I always thought he wanted the guys to attack which i'm sure he does but he believes hitting and taking 3's is the key. By watching them though clearly Pop knows the Hornets can't defend the 3 because everyone's looking to shoot them and they're looking for guys behind the 3 point line.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:36 PM   #573
twelli
Diamond Member

The Spurs need to attack the basket more in the second half for my taste. Kicking the ball out all the time won't get the job done.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:59 PM   #574
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Who's Charlie Parker assistant coaching for now? I just saw him on someones bench.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:02 PM   #575
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

The Hornets crowd looks pretty good in that yellow.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:12 PM   #576
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

As I've said, the Spurs are not boring. The Spur used to be boring 5-6 years ago, but they are not even remotely boring these days. They have a one-man fastbreak and a bunch of good 3 point shooters.

Now, having said that.....F*ck the Spurs. F*ck them right in their ugly mugs.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 05-03-2008 at 11:14 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:18 PM   #577
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
Should we start a "Round 2" thread?

The fact that Ginobili and Bowen (!) are having their way with this team on offense tells me we did a terrible job of exploiting the Hornet's perimeter defense. I can't believe Josh couldn't play better against Peja and MoPete.
Well, the Spurs perimeter players are getting all of those open looks off of double teams of Duncan on the low block. Mavs' perimeter players don't have the benefit of that type of offensive force on the low block.

And now that the Hornets are starting to take control of the game, shockingly Bowen apparently takes a cheap push shot at Paul as the game goes to time out to mess with Paul's head. That guy is all class.
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:21 PM   #578
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

The Spurs have went cold from 3 and its killing them.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:21 PM   #579
twelli
Diamond Member

Give the Hornet credit for defending the paint well.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:22 PM   #580
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cwebb
Well, the Spurs perimeter players are getting all of those open looks off of double teams of Duncan on the low block. Mavs' perimeter players don't have the benefit of that type of offensive force on the low block.

And now that the Hornets are starting to take control of the game, shockingly Bowen apparently takes a cheap push shot at Paul as the game goes to time out to mess with Paul's head. That guy is all class.
Chris Paul is just as dirty. I love him as a player but he's a cheap player as well. Bowen barely grazed him and he goes and does damn near a back flip.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:23 PM   #581
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Give the Hornet credit for defending the paint well.
Yea they've done a great job. Especially against Duncan and I don't think their bigs are even in foul trouble. Chandler has done a great job of not fouling Duncan.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:23 PM   #582
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
I think the most underrated move this season was the acquistion of Kurt Thomas. I think even the Damon Stoudamire signing was more hyped than KT's. His interior defense is superior to anyone on this Mavs team. I didn't understand why the Suns gave him up anyway when the guy held Duncan down pretty good last season. I guess Pop saw that and wanted to bring him to the team. He's doing a damn good job on West.
I just got in and glanced at the box score. West is 10-19 through 3 quarters, and chandler has 14 rebounds. I think the Mavs did that well.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:26 PM   #583
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
I just got in and glanced at the box score. West is 10-19 through 3 quarters, and chandler has 14 rebounds. I think the Mavs did that well.
West didn't do that against Kurt Thomas though. He's done that damage against Oberto, Horry and a little bit against Duncan as well. He didn't shut West down but West couldn't score on him one on one. What the Hornets are doing now is setting a pick and roll between him and Paul and its working. And Chandler is a beast. Definately the most athletic big men in the league.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:30 PM   #584
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Hornets are on fire right now. Can't miss anything.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:34 PM   #585
twelli
Diamond Member

What impresses my about the Hornets is how mature they are. They never seem to panic, force shots, or make really dumb plays (excluding Bonzi...). Imagine Byron Scott as Mavs' coach and Avery coaching the Hornets in the first round...

Old 05-03-2008, 11:39 PM   #586
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

12 for 20 from the free throw line. That's a good way to lose the game.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:41 PM   #587
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Fin is singlehandedly keeping the Spurs in this game.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:41 PM   #588
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

When Fin gets like this its best to feed him the ball as much as possible. Especially when he's the only guy that's hitting shots from the perimeter right now.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:42 PM   #589
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Fin is singlehandedly keeping the Spurs in this game.
They need to get him off of Bonzi Wells though. He's hitting some tough shots but even as a Mav that guy has always given Finley problems. He did a better job of defending a much better player in Peja. Just something about Bonzi. I always liked Bonzi Wells though. Most notably for his inside and out game.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:47 PM   #590
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Duncan looks pitiful and the Spurs can't hit free throws. They deserve to lose this one.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:52 PM   #591
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

OMG. Chris Paul almost broke Bruce's ankles.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:55 PM   #592
twelli
Diamond Member

The Hornets look like the real deal. Much better than Golden State last year.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:55 PM   #593
twelli
Diamond Member

No it really gets ugly for the Spurs...

Old 05-03-2008, 11:56 PM   #594
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Hornets don't want to piss off the Spurs by letting the clock run off but the ass whoopin' as done lol. Duncan might go off for 40 next game lol. One thing the Spurs need to do is go inside and out. Fell in love with the 3 instead of going inside and letting Duncan kick out.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:58 PM   #595
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
The Hornets look like the real deal. Much better than Golden State last year.
I'm gonna hold off on calling them the real deal but if they perform like this next game than I might be on board. I don't know what Byron Scott says to those guys at halftime but they seem to get the message.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:00 AM   #596
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

The Hornets close every single game strong. They impose their will in the end. Chris Paul will save the NBA. Forget LeBron and Wade!
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 12:03 AM   #597
twelli
Diamond Member

And like against us, they always find a way to get those offensive rebounds...

Old 05-04-2008, 12:20 AM   #598
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Wow...

West and Chandler: 40 points, 24 boards
Duncan and Thomas: 7 & 5

At least the Spurs can expect that Duncan will not have two games lik that in a row.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 03:31 AM   #599
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Changed title to...general playoff watching thread...for the latter rounds as well.

Just trying to keep the board less cluttered unlike the Mavs section...
Old 05-04-2008, 01:13 PM   #600
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Joe Johnson is playing 1v5, his teammates are giving him nothing.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote