Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2008, 12:43 AM   #11
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
So what is your plan to get another #1 RB or WR on this team? Tell me a better RB or WR than Barber or T.O.? They dont grow on trees, just like some say QB dont grow on trees. While you are saying that, then include Whitten and Romo to that list as well. They are not exempt from this. I would say that the 4 people that should NOT be touched is Whitten, T.O., Barber and Felix....I dont see the blame on any of those 4 players when healthy.

Lists for better RBs, WRs...we've already gone down that road on this forum before, we don't need to run around in circles.

To get another WR or RB??? I said it's possible someone needs to go. My point with that part was addition by subtraction. I don't really know how you can spin what has gone on as of late and bring everything back together next season and say "Welp, we're just going to try again!" That's not going to cut it here, I know that's not good enough in Cowboy-Land. I have growing concerns that there are TOO many pieces to the puzzle, that they're making it more difficult than it needs to be. If the coaching staff is staying, something needs to change...one way or another. If they can make the scheme work to where everyone is involved and the offense is clicking, awesome...we don't need to do a thing. I just won't hold my breath on that.

As for the other point you made...sure Witten and Romo can be added to the list...A LOT of people can be added to list, I just didn't feel like adding half of the offensive line and etc.

It was mentioned earlier an idea by jthig which could have some potential behind it. I don't really see the need for a 3-headed monster at the RB position, someone is getting wasted in the process. Now whoever you decide needs to go...I don't really care at this point. I mentioned in the thread that Choice/Felix might be a way to go. You're definitely going to get some talent or picks in return for a player of Barber's stature. That's just one way of looking at it...is it the right way, I don't know, it's just one way to look at it. Either way, you can make a deal with one of our RBs and get some picks for now and the future that will help.