Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-01-2003, 10:26 PM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I hate games like this.

Spurs won, but check out the score.

67-65.
Old 02-01-2003, 10:32 PM   #2
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

The top scorer in that game was Tony Parker with 18, yet 3 Mavs scored higher tonight, and nearly scored more than the 2 teams put together! (122 and 132!)
Old 02-01-2003, 10:32 PM   #3
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

you have two most boring and predictable teams in the league. What did you expect, a 110-109 final.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 10:44 PM   #4
centrlpark08

centrlpark08 is on a distinguished road

I HATE THE SPURS! I ONLY HATE THEM BECAUSE OF TIM DUNCAN, HE'S ALWAYS THAT GUY THAT GETS THOSE GAME WINNING SHOTS! LIKE AGAINST ORLANDO LAST NIGHT AND THEN THAT GAEM EARLIER THIS SEASON AGAINST MEMPHIS GEEZ!!!! For once i wish the mavs can beat them but i always see guys like danny ferry and steve smith have to go in and screw it up for the mavs, but hopefulle that will change when we play them again.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2003, 10:48 PM   #5
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Central, I don't worry about the Spurs this year as I have the last few years.

Earlier in the season, Finley nearly beat them by himself in San Antonio. Finley needed just a little help from someone else. We only lost by 7, I think.

And that was without Dirk, without Raef and Bradley playing well like they have been.

I very much look forward to the next matchup to see just how we perform.
Old 02-01-2003, 10:55 PM   #6
centrlpark08

Well your right about that MFF, but I just cant stand them idiots. Like when we played them earlier this year, tony parker had to go and shoot those threes and stephen jackson had to go make those stupid dunks on the mavs, and danny ferry going in and playing like a wang zhizhi always standing in one place just shooting three's! i hate teams like that, they arent very fun to watch and they just look so boring to me...........
Old 02-01-2003, 11:06 PM   #7
NashFan1341

NashFan1341 is on a distinguished road

What's most pathetic about that game...check out this little clip from the recap :

Miami took a whopping 92 shots, compared to just 56 for the Spurs, but made just 28 percent of them and failed twice in the final five seconds.

It took Miami 92 shots to score 65 pts. Mavs took 87 shots and scored 122. That's just sad.
NashFan1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 11:08 PM   #8
centrlpark08

MIAMI HAS NO OFFENSE. EDDIE JONES AND BUTLER ALONG WITH BEST ARE PROBABLY THEIR BEST SCORERS. I KNOW THEY SUCK AND THEY WILL BE LIKE THAT UNTIL MOURNING GETS BACK WHICH IS NEVER.
Old 02-01-2003, 11:12 PM   #9
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

67 points, that's a decent half for us.
Old 02-01-2003, 11:18 PM   #10
centrlpark08

I REMEMBER WATCHING MIAMI IN THE PLAYOFFS ABOUT 6 YEARS AGO, TIM HARDAWAY, P.J. BROWN, JAMAL MASHBURN, ZO, MARJERLE...ECT...... ANYWAYS THEY WERE SUCH A GREAT TEAM AND NOW THIS TEAM IS A DISASTER. ZO IS OUT MAYBE FOREVER, JONES IS OLD AND CANT DO IT ALL BY HIMSELF, GRANT IS TOO OVERRATED, BUTLER IS GETTING BETTER , WHERES EVERYBODY ELSE? NO WONDER WHY THIS TEAM IS SO HORRIBLE ON OFFENSE.
Old 02-01-2003, 11:21 PM   #11
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

CentralPark all caps is considered yelling. No need to yell, we hear you just fine. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2003, 11:30 PM   #12
centrlpark08

sorry i forgot i had caps on, i wasnt yelling everyone i was using a nice slow soft voice.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2003, 12:08 AM   #13
LRB
Guru

<< sorry i forgot i had caps on, i wasnt yelling everyone i was using a nice slow soft voice.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] >>

I figured as much, but couldn't resist ribbing you a little on it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]