Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 02-03-2008, 06:18 PM   #441
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Zoidberg
Opening Briefcases: 26 'No's' To Kidd
By Mike Fisher -- DB.com

Because there is a chemistry with this team, and it is rare and it is special.
Today and against Boston, the chemistry looked special ed. We need some Chem 501.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 02-03-2008 at 06:19 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2008, 06:24 PM   #442
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Rare and special? I may be blind, but I don't see any rare and special chemistry from the Mavs. Hell, I'd be hard pressed to define how they have any chemistry, much less a "rare and special" kind.

Fisher and Lord are such cheerleaders.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:45 PM   #443
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I think one thing we are not giving enough consideration to is how Kidd would negatively impact Dirk. We saw how Dirk grew as a player and came into his own when we got rid of Nash. What Dirk needed was to be the man, so to speak.

So I think we should factor in the realization that adding a PG like Kidd would diminish what Dirk brings to this team. It's not worth it to add to one position if it takes away from another one.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:23 PM   #444
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Chum, that shtick would be funny, but you've said stuff like that many times before so that joke is pretty worn out now.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:37 PM   #445
chumdawg
Guru

It's not that it's worn out, it's that you are finally starting to realize what it means.

Of course I knew it from the get-go, but it doesn't hurt for you to put two and two together eventually.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:46 PM   #446
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

No it's worn out allright, you are just very energetic about repeating it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:50 PM   #447
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
No it's worn out allright, you are just very energetic about repeating it.
It was a move that handicapped our team for at least four years, and probably more. Why should we just forget it? We should hold management responsible for their piss-poor judgment, just as you or I would be on our jobs.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:56 PM   #448
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
It was a move that handicapped our team for at least four years, and probably more. Why should we just forget it? We should hold management responsible for their piss-poor judgment, just as you or I would be on our jobs.
Because it's counter-productive, just like it would be in your's or my jobs. What's the point of dwelling on errors made four years ago.

If you are saying you want them all fired, then fine, say it and be done with it. But continually dragging up a 4-year old mistake is just being a bitch.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 02-03-2008 at 10:57 PM.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:00 PM   #449
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Because it's counter-productive, just like it would be in your's or my jobs. What's the point of dwelling on errors made four years ago.

If you are saying you want them all fired, then fine, say it and be done with it. But continually dragging up a 4-year old mistake is just being a bitch.
Until management acknowledges it was a mistake, nothing was learned from it.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:07 PM   #450
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But you're not taking it up with them, you're taking it up with us. And guess what? We ain't responsible, and we can't do squat.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:10 PM   #451
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
I think I've actually heard that, it wasn't "oh I'm sorry chum that I let nash go". But I've heard quite a bit of how they never thought nash would play nearly this well, etc.

Of course if nash had gone to detroit it wouldn't have been nearly as big of a mistake.

but you are being silly. A mea culpa 4 years later doesn't mean squat.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:13 PM   #452
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
but you are being silly. A mea culpa 4 years later doesn't mean squat.
We are talking about four years in which we haven't won sqaut, and in which by all accounts we should have. I'm not one to give Cuban a free pass. For whatever it is worth, his idiocy is getting called out by me.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:19 PM   #453
dude1394
Guru

We haven't won squat. Are you a CEO? A president of a large corporation, a gazillionaire? You haven't acheieved squat.

How silly to measure everything by only winning a championship. Championship or bust I guess.

You really ARE wasting your time watching regular season games.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:25 PM   #454
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
How silly to measure everything by only winning a championship. Championship or bust I guess.
Wow, by this measure Nellie was actually a good coach.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:29 PM   #455
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Wow, by this measure Nellie was actually a good coach.
He was a good coach, still is. But he quit on the team and had to go.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:37 PM   #456
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
He was a good coach, still is. But he quit on the team and had to go.
Let's be sure we get the history straight. His team (Cuban) quit on him.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:51 PM   #457
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Let's be sure we get the history straight. His team (Cuban) quit on him.
Nope disagree, nellie quit on the team, I saw it happen in front of my eyes. Unless you are saying that Nellies son also quit on him.

No one guaranteed nellie a team that would be over the salary cap every year.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:56 PM   #458
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Nope disagree, nellie quit on the team, I saw it happen in front of my eyes. Unless you are saying that Nellies son also quit on him.

No one guaranteed nellie a team that would be over the salary cap every year.
Don't be naive. The Mavs are still over the salary cap. Cuban balked on Nash, and in doing so he undercut everyone in the organization.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:59 PM   #459
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Don't be naive. The Mavs are still over the salary cap. Cuban balked on Nash, and in doing so he undercut everyone in the organization.
Don't be stupid. Cubes made a decision to get fiscally responsible after giving nellie any and everything he wanted. Seeing his team get the crap kicked out of them by sacremento and nothing but salary cap hell in the future.

Nash was the first step to get fiscally responsible. I didn't agree with it, but it was never to "hurt poor iddy biddy newwie". That's ridiculous.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:09 AM   #460
chumdawg
Guru

Look, it's not my fault that Cuban acted irrationally. (And like a teenager jilted by a prom date, I might add.)

I'm just here to remind him how infantile he was.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:14 AM   #461
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm just here to remind him how infantile he was.
Which poster is he?

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:17 AM   #462
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
Which poster is he?
I dunno was he a Baylor student?
Old 02-04-2008, 12:18 AM   #463
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
We haven't won squat. Are you a CEO? A president of a large corporation, a gazillionaire? You haven't acheieved squat.

You really ARE wasting your time watching regular season games.
Thts how you measure other peoples success on here thou..including Nash and the Suns, including every player Dirk is compared to such as KG and I can go on...

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:20 AM   #464
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
Thts how you measure other peoples success on here thou..including Nash and the Suns, including every player Dirk is compared to such as KG and I can go on...
Championships are the paramount measure of success, but not the only measure. I enjoy watching the Mavs win games period, so even a season where they only win 45 or 50 is a relative "success" in at least some sense from my perspective.

Don't get me wrong, though--if they don't get this thing done while Dirk is still here I'll be very, very disappointed.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:25 AM   #465
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
Championships are the paramount measure of success, but not the only measure. I enjoy watching the Mavs win games period, so even a season where they only win 45 or 50 is a relative "success" in at least some sense from my perspective.

Don't get me wrong, though--if they don't get this thing done while Dirk is still here I'll be very, very disappointed.
I am just saying that people on here use that to put down other players. How many times have you heard people say " Ohh wht has Nash won th elast 4 years" then you come bak and say "wht has Dirk won" and the same people go on this but you cant measure success by tht.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
Old 02-04-2008, 12:29 AM   #466
LonghornDub

Quote:
I am just saying that people on here use that to put down other players. How many times have you heard people say " Ohh wht has Nash won th elast 4 years" then you come bak and say "wht has Dirk won" and the same people go on this but you cant measure success by tht.
It's really not fair to players to measure success solely by championships, for sure. Plenty of good players will never win one. In fact, the vast majority.

Old 02-04-2008, 01:56 AM   #467
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

WWTTAA?

Seriously, What Was This Thread About Again?
Old 02-04-2008, 02:43 AM   #468
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
WWTTAA?

Seriously, What Was This Thread About Again?
Haha getting J-Kidd which we still should try and do. If the Mavs don't take a gamble like this then when will they? I don't think Harris is required to get this deal done. The West is way too tough to stand pat as I see it. Can this team survive til Harris gets back? Portland has 4 more losses than we do and aren't even in the playoffs if they started today. Would anyone be surprised if we lost 4 or more games before Devin gets back? If we continue to lose to crappy teams on the road then a change HAS to be made. If you can't beat a team like Milwauke on the road, then you won't win road games in the playoffs, book it.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:51 AM   #469
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Boston and Detroit aren't crappy teams.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:02 AM   #470
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

If I make a thread with a poll in it that says, " If Chum even mumbles the name Nash again will you put him on Ignore" yes or no. .. would others join in and say yes?. Three yes's and Ill make the thread, heh.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:36 AM   #471
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Well, not sure how "news" the cuban News on realgm really is, but if the Mavs are really "not likely doing anything" at the trade deadline (or - as history of the last years showed - at all) I´m close to placing a bet that Dirk will be another ringless Hall of Famer when he´s getting the call.

Powers keep shifting around us, and the Mavs will still be the team that was so close to win it all in the early years of the new millenium ...
Old 02-04-2008, 12:24 PM   #472
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I sincerely hope that Cubes is sending out all this Kidd trade stuff because he is working on a Brand, JO, Magette, GWallace, AK47, or maybe even Shaq deal that he doesn't want everyone else talking about.

Provided they keep Dirk, JHo, DHarris and one of the two centers.

Brand and JO seem like the perfect fit to me. (please get one of these two to pair with Dirk while they are injured and their value is low)

Magette, GWallace, AK47 could push them way up.

Shaq is a shell, but one that could still be a dominating force at times. I think him and Damp would be a nasty C combo for Averys control the flow gameplans. He is not worth the 40M it would cost, IMO, but surround him with talent, and he still would demand double teams in the post freeing up others.

I really off the top of my head can't come up with any other names that I think would put the Mavs "over the top" that might be available.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:43 PM   #473
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

I´m not sold that Kidd is the solution to all our problems, but if you have the chance to get a difference maker without parting with a key guy you just HAVE to really think about it.

And we´re no longer a developing team, which means trading for young talented guys (or keeping them) who are not there for another 2-3 years will not cut it, neither will adding a million of hobbled veterans (yes, I know, Kidd might soon be another one of those, but at this very moment, he isn´t yet).

I wonder which options we passed upon when we had all those expiring contracts of KvH and Stacky on the payroll... amazing to think that Memphis TURNED DOWN getting something like Odom back, makes you think that there´s people out there who wouldn´t even WANT some Devin Harris or whatever back in exchange for their disgruntled stars.

But right, we´re saving money and cutting down cost so we can throw it after another bunch of aged faces the next summer...
Old 02-04-2008, 05:16 PM   #474
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

I Vince Carter is available for Terry and expiring, why not? Jersey would trade a 13.5 million contract for a 7mill and an expiring,
we would get a 6'6" 2 guard who's stats are 20/5.5/5!!!!! Just what we need.

2 guard is our weakest spot imho.

DAmp
Dirk/bass
Josh
Vince
Devin

Wow!!!!, and Jersey is about to start rebuilding so doesn't need him.
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:16 PM   #475
stewartj

stewartj has a spectacular aura aboutstewartj has a spectacular aura aboutstewartj has a spectacular aura about

What can we do with Keith Van Horn in a sign and trade? Is there a limit to how much we can sign him for? Could we simply give him 20mil for one year and then trade straight up for Shaq? It's not a feasible trade obviously, I'm just asking if its technically possible.
stewartj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:27 PM   #476
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartj
What can we do with Keith Van Horn in a sign and trade? Is there a limit to how much we can sign him for? Could we simply give him 20mil for one year and then trade straight up for Shaq? It's not a feasible trade obviously, I'm just asking if its technically possible.
Keith Van Horn made $15.6M or so his last year here. He could get that much plus a raise in a sign and trade. With the 25% trade rule, Dallas could, in theory, trade for Shaq without giving up any other player.

But since that would cost Cubes $40M, it aint gonna happen.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:27 PM   #477
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartj
Not quite $20mil, but still a boatload. The most he could be signed for is $16,478,962 which is 105% of what he made in the last year of his contract.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:39 PM   #478
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

The Larry Coon FAQ says the raise could be up to 10.5% which would put KVH salary at $18M which is within the 25% needed for trades.

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#19
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:21 PM   #479
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

why do seemingly smart people on here think tht Shaq can do anything for us and tht we would be better with his. I would rather see Kidd here thn Shaq...Shaq is useless

........GO MAVS
Old 02-04-2008, 08:28 PM   #480
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
why do seemingly smart people on here think tht Shaq can do anything for us and tht we would be better with his. I would rather see Kidd here thn Shaq...Shaq is useless
Simple, we have a player in Harris, that can do basically what Kidd does today (not talking about his past), who has a big upside.

Shaq at his useless self, still scores 14 a game, and still demands double teams. He is also a very good passer, and still plays descent D. He may no longer be a 20M man (40 with the luxury tax), but since it isn't my money, I'd take a trio of Shaq, Damp, and Diop anytime.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson

Last edited by dalmations202; 02-04-2008 at 08:30 PM.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote