Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 12-17-2007, 05:20 PM   #1
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Non-Mavs trade Pho/Phi/LAL

Philadelphia Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -6.8 ppg, -4.2 rpg, and +0.6 apg.
Incoming Players
Kwame Brown
6-11 PF / C from Glynn Academy (HS)
4.3 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 21.1 minutes

+ a 1st from LAL and Pho.

Outgoing Players
Samuel Dalembert
6-11 C from Seton Hall
11.1 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 0.5 apg in 32.2 minutes

Phoenix Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +3.8 ppg, +1.3 rpg, and +0.6 apg.
Incoming Players
Samuel Dalembert
6-11 C from Seton Hall
11.1 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 0.5 apg in 32.2 minutes
Vladimir Radmanovic
6-10 PF / SF from Serbia-Montenegro (Foreign)
9.2 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.9 apg in 21.2 minutes
Outgoing Players
Shawn Marion
6-7 SF from UNLV
16.5 ppg, 10.9 rpg, 1.8 apg in 37.5 minutes

L.A. Lakers Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +3.0 ppg, +2.9 rpg, and -1.2 apg.
Incoming Players
Shawn Marion
6-7 SF from UNLV
16.5 ppg, 10.9 rpg, 1.8 apg in 37.5 minutes
Outgoing Players
Vladimir Radmanovic
6-10 PF / SF from Serbia-Montenegro (Foreign)
9.2 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.9 apg in 21.2 minutes
Kwame Brown
6-11 PF / C from Glynn Academy (HS)
4.3 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 21.1 minutes

LAL and Pho also kick in a 1st rounder to Phi.

Why would I do it if I am Phoenix?
You move Marion who wants to be somewhere else. You get an athletic big in Dalembert that could at least defend the rim a little, and a Big who is a shooter in Vlad. The 8 man rotation would be Nash, Bell, Hill, Amare, Dalembert, with Diaw, Vlad, and Barbosa coming in to round out positions. It would also cost them a 1st rounder, but Pho is trying to get rid of them anyway. IMO, Pho would be better defensively while keeping their offense.

Why would LAL do it?
You move Vlad and Brown + 1st rounder for Marion... almost a no brainer. Bynum, Odom, Marion, Mamba, Fischer would be a nasty little group to have to deal with. IMO, LAL would be better offensively and defensively.

Why would Phi do it?
They are bottoming out and Dalembert isn't meeting expectations anyway. This team needs to rebuild around Ingudala. Getting to the bottom gets you back to the top quicker and if you could get two #1's plus an expiring contract (who is a big) from Dalembert -- I'd think they would have to consider it. IMO, Phi would be able to rebuild quicker with the picks and Brown.

What do you think? Who would back out first?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2007, 05:28 PM   #2
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I like it for all teams involved, although Phoenix might be reluctant to mess with their lineup.. I do think getting a big to defend would increase their chances of a title greatly. Vlad's a nice bonus too, would fit in well with them.

L.A could become a contender with that group (potentially). they would do it in a second.

And I agree with Philly... just rebuild as fast as possible.

The only problem? Trading Marion to the Lakers and creating some actual competition in the division.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:30 PM   #3
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

I have a question. Phoenix has already traded away two of their own 1st round picks in that Kurt Thomas to Seattle deal. They do have Atlanta's pick this year, which could be lottery. Is the pick Phoenix would be sending to Philly that Atlanta pick, or is it a Phoenix pick which Philly won't be able to cash in on until a few years from now after Seattle gets the two picks Phoenix already owes them?

Lakers - they take it in a heartbeat.
Philly - irregardless of what the answer to the above question is, I think they take it.
Phoenix - they'd be the one to back out. Especially if the pick in question is the Atlanta pick.

Last edited by DelNegro; 12-17-2007 at 05:31 PM.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:03 PM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelNegro
I have a question. Phoenix has already traded away two of their own 1st round picks in that Kurt Thomas to Seattle deal. They do have Atlanta's pick this year, which could be lottery. Is the pick Phoenix would be sending to Philly that Atlanta pick, or is it a Phoenix pick which Philly won't be able to cash in on until a few years from now after Seattle gets the two picks Phoenix already owes them?

Lakers - they take it in a heartbeat.
Philly - irregardless of what the answer to the above question is, I think they take it.
Phoenix - they'd be the one to back out. Especially if the pick in question is the Atlanta pick.
Which pick?

Who knows, I was just thinking that this might help all the teams involved. Maybe it is two number two's or something else.

I thought Philly would be the reluctant one, but you might be correct that Phoenix would be. I think Dalembert and Vlad would be better for what the Suns do, but hey, it's a message board and what do I know.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 12-17-2007, 11:48 PM   #5
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelNegro
Philly - irregardless

spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:53 PM   #6
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

It's not bad, but Phoenix does give up too much and the Lakers, probably, too little. Change the Phoenix pick to a 2nd or maybe have the Lakers change the player sent to Walton, or both, and I think it might work.

Philly:

Gives: Dalembert
Gets: Kwame Brown, Lakers No. 1, Phoenix No. 2

Phoenix:

Gives: Marion, No. 2
Gets: Dalembert, Walton

Lakers:

Gives: Kwame Brown, Walton, No. 1
Gets: Marion

Seems fair to me (except Marion, Walton, Dalembert and the No. 1 should go to the Mavs for the ghost of KVH--that'd be a good deal).

Edit: I didn't look to see if it works under the cap, though, and it doesn't even come close.

Last edited by SeriousSummer; 12-17-2007 at 11:56 PM.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:54 AM   #7
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousSummer
It's not bad, but Phoenix does give up too much and the Lakers, probably, too little. Change the Phoenix pick to a 2nd or maybe have the Lakers change the player sent to Walton, or both, and I think it might work.

Philly:

Gives: Dalembert
Gets: Kwame Brown, Lakers No. 1, Phoenix No. 2

Phoenix:

Gives: Marion, No. 2
Gets: Dalembert, Walton

Lakers:

Gives: Kwame Brown, Walton, No. 1
Gets: Marion

Seems fair to me (except Marion, Walton, Dalembert and the No. 1 should go to the Mavs for the ghost of KVH--that'd be a good deal).

Edit: I didn't look to see if it works under the cap, though, and it doesn't even come close.
Walton instead of Vlad in Phoenix's run and gun system?

I would assume Pho would want the 6'10" non-defense playing sniper.

A lineup of Hill, Diaw, Vlad, Amare, Dalembert could kill some teams offensively.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:56 AM   #8
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Good thread and good trade idea. It's a no brainer for Philly and LA but if you're Phoenix you have to be asking yourself whether you could get more than Dalambert and Vlad for Marion and a potential 1st rounder in next year's draft.

You could try to change that pick to their No.2 but I think that's the deal breaker for Philly because just getting Kwame back in addition to those picks is not neccessarily moving in the right direction, especially considering the LA pick will not be lottery after the deal.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote