Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-17-2010, 04:39 PM   #1041
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
Longhorndub = Carlton cuse

they abandoned the mysteries when they finally figured out what the answer was going to be. Doesn't make the first 5 seasons any less enjoyable, but it is annoying as hell.
Exactly right. The mysteries drove the first 5 seasons, but answering them at this point wouldn't serve much purpose at all. They've got bigger fish to fry.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2010, 05:02 PM   #1042
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

I would argue that it's not bigger fish, just the last fish they caught.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:36 PM   #1043
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Other than the "great mysterious canoe shooting" what other mysteries have they gone on record saying will remain unanswered? Any?
Old 05-18-2010, 03:20 PM   #1044
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

So I was just going to speculate on what might happen tonight when I realized that I have no idea.

Everything that was happening on island kind of came to a head when the sub blew up. The best I can figure is that Jack knows about Desmond bc Sayid told him, and maybe Flocke knows too...so maybe it's like a race for Desmond?

Or is Flocke going to get Claire to kill them all for him? There aren't that many more people left alive...

And does Widmore have anything else to do?

I'd really really like to know exactly why Widmore brought Desmond, and more specifically, how he knew to bring to Desmond.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:14 PM   #1045
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

It would be ironic for Claire to kill Kate, wouldn't it?
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:07 PM   #1046
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Freakin Heck Yeah!

The only part of the entire episode that wasn't A+ was the moment Jack stepped up and took the mantle. They should have let that tension ride for a couple minutes.

Man, I loved this episode...totally delivered.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:18 PM   #1047
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Freakin Heck Yeah!

The only part of the entire episode that wasn't A+ was the moment Jack stepped up and took the mantle. They should have let that tension ride for a couple minutes.

Man, I loved this episode...totally delivered.
Agreed. I think everyone knew that he'd be the one to say yes. But I didn't expect it to be that sudden.

Another thing I didn't expect to be so sudden was Richard's death. wow lol
Old 05-18-2010, 09:28 PM   #1048
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavspwnage View Post

Another thing I didn't expect to be so sudden was Richard's death. wow lol
I agree...but not every death can be a drawn out thing. It was almost as if they played it for a dark joke.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 05-18-2010, 10:02 PM   #1049
sike
The Preacha

gonna watch it again now...really setting up Desmond to be the key piece it seems. I hope Smokey gets to kill him before he gets to do whatever it was he was going to do...and that somehow Jack figures out a way to just keep him on the Island...

Old 05-18-2010, 10:29 PM   #1050
sike
The Preacha

SOOOO...who is Jack's wife? Juliette?

Old 05-18-2010, 10:30 PM   #1051
sike
The Preacha

What did yall think Ben meant when he said I thought I was summoning the monster...but he was summoning me?

Old 05-18-2010, 10:35 PM   #1052
sike
The Preacha

Someone tell me what is with that creepy old woman's voice doing the voice over for the "next on LOST"???????

Old 05-18-2010, 10:46 PM   #1053
sike
The Preacha

By the way...there is NO WAY Ben helps smokey to the end. Smokey promises to leave the Island to Ben...and then tells him he is going to sink it?! That is not a wise way to keep your little killer loyal.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:48 PM   #1054
sike
The Preacha

thought this was pretty genius:

http://theoriesonlost.blogspot.com/2...-that-had.html
"First off I dont think Mother was a Smoke Monster, nor do I think that MIB was the first Smoke Monster.

I think that the Smoke Monster was the guard dog to the protector of the island being able to be summoned upon command to do their bidding...we see this with how Mother was able to destroy the village.

The ability of the Smoke Monster being able to be seen as dead people is just one of the fringe benefits. How this happens still not sure....but I am leaning to the ability to control the human brain and making people see what they want to see.

Now up until Jacob threw MIB down into the light the Smoke Monster was a creature without a mind of its own...its only purpose was to do the bidding of the protector. Basically it was a slave.....The Mother said that to go down into the light would be a fate worse then death...the only thing I can thing of that is worse then death is to live in bondage. So the Smoke Monster is a slave that knows of nothing except to serve....until

Jacob throws MIB down into the light. And MIBs thoughts perhaps even his soul become one with the Monster and now the Monster has a not a new purpose but I new view on his life because he now sees the world through MIBs eyes and not the eyes of a slave!?

Old 05-18-2010, 10:51 PM   #1055
sike
The Preacha

8th post in a row...suck it.

It seems that the whole, "Smokey is the LIGHT and if he leaves the Light goes out" theory got toasted tonight. Jacob said clearly that THE Light is still at the center of the Island.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:53 PM   #1056
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Breaking sike's streak!!!
Old 05-18-2010, 10:54 PM   #1057
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, redeemed. At least for now. Maybe cause I had lowered my expectations. Maybe cause I was so happy to see ben again. Maybe cause Desmond was just so awesome. Maybe because they actually answered some of the only questions that matter (why pick them? And why was Kate scratched out?).

And honestly, I would have preferred if they didn't have last week's episode at all. Just keep this one and have Jacob say the same thing - that he was responsible for letting the monster out. Hell, he could even have said that he use to be his brother. The effectiveness of that scene with Jacob and the 4 candidates made the last episode superfluous.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:54 PM   #1058
sike
The Preacha

More obvious Christological references with Jacob...Water into wine anyone?

Old 05-18-2010, 10:56 PM   #1059
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Ok, redeemed. At least for now. Maybe cause I had lowered my expectations. Maybe cause I was so happy to see ben again. Maybe cause Desmond was just so awesome. Maybe because they actually answered some of the only questions that matter (why pick them? And why was Kate scratched out?).

And honestly, I would have preferred if they didn't have last week's episode at all. Just keep this one and have Jacob say the same thing - that he was responsible for letting the monster out. Hell, he could even have said that he use to be his brother. The effectiveness of that scene with Jacob and the 4 candidates made the last episode superfluous.
let it go, dear sweet BBL......let it go.

This episode was classic.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:56 PM   #1060
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
SOOOO...who is Jack's wife? Juliette?
I think it's still Julie Bowen. Modern Family was just filiming in Hawaii, after all.

But it could be Juliet.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:58 PM   #1061
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
More obvious Christological references with Jacob...Water into wine anyone?
I think the point of that scene was just to point out that it wasn't the wine that made them immortal, but the words/"blessing". He didn't turn it to wine.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:02 PM   #1062
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I think the point of that scene was just to point out that it wasn't the wine that made them immortal, but the words/"blessing". He didn't turn it to wine.
It was more than that. Can't prove it obviously...and I'm not saying that it even had to turn into wine, but I don't think the point of that scene was to tell us that the wine isn't magic. Who was even asking that question? I don't really care either way, just seemed like thats what they were shooting for.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:03 PM   #1063
sike
The Preacha

By the way, this show is much better when Claire is only in one brief scene.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:06 PM   #1064
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
It was more than that. Can't prove it obviously...and I'm not saying that it even had to turn into wine, but I don't think the point of that scene was to tell us that the wine isn't magic. Who was even asking that question? I don't really care either way, just seemed like thats what they were shooting for.
cad was asking that, for one. . But I have seen it asked elsewhere. Although I never really thought it was important.

yes I do agree the biblical parallels have been flowing like crazy since we met Jacob for the first time. This was another one. Was just pointing out that I don't think he literally turned it to wine.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 05-18-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:20 PM   #1065
sike
The Preacha

where are our other Lost fans??? What the heck! I'm staying up just to hear yall's thoughts!

Old 05-18-2010, 11:29 PM   #1066
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Someone tell me what is with that creepy old woman's voice doing the voice over for the "next on LOST"???????
Someone help me out with this....I know it must be a reference that I'm missing or some such...(her voice was just too creepy to be a voice over)

Old 05-18-2010, 11:36 PM   #1067
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Just a voice over, i would say. ABC runs the promos, not the LOST creative team.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:52 PM   #1068
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
where are our other Lost fans??? What the heck! I'm staying up just to hear yall's thoughts!
Sorry. Hockey to watch.

I thought tonight's episode was outstanding. I though the campfire conversation itself was infinitely more instructive, satisfying, and entertaining than the entirety of "Across the Sea,"

And I don't know WTF Desmond is doing in the sideways universe, but I am intrigued. Very intrigued. When HUrley said what he said about Ana Lucia (demonstrating almost full memory and knowledge of the main time line, if you ask me) I was like AH HA!!

If everyone gains that level of understanding and memory, then the people we know and love will live on in sideways land.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:54 PM   #1069
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
I think it's still Julie Bowen. Modern Family was just filiming in Hawaii, after all.

But it could be Juliet.
I think it must be Juliet, honestly. They've treated it with so much attention, deliberately leaving us to wonder about it on too many occasions...Sarah would be a let down at this point. It's got to be Juliet.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:58 PM   #1070
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

And I'd like to register my disappointment at the Ben/Widmore conclusion. Halfway through season 4, we thought that might be THE big confrontation going on. It seemed like a seriously major deal. It turned out to be a petty sidebar to the bigger story, and it was given a lackluster conclusion.

Solution: Introduce the real story (Jacob/MIB) earlier and save us the trouble and near-deceit.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:00 AM   #1071
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Well they didn't know the "real story" back then.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:02 AM   #1072
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I though the campfire conversation itself was infinitely more instructive, satisfying, and entertaining than the entirety of "Across the Sea,"
yes! Exactly what I was saying.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:04 AM   #1073
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I think it must be Juliet, honestly. They've treated it with so much attention, deliberately leaving us to wonder about it on too many occasions...Sarah would be a let down at this point. It's got to be Juliet.
They probably will have Julie Bowen in a scene to try to dupe the audience. Then Jack or his son will run right by her to the real mom, Juliet.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:07 AM   #1074
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Also, before I hit the hay....Ben Linus.

What will his legacy be? Be he Severus Snape or just a rat, always was?

Only Sunday will tell. Would you like to see him redeem himself in some way, or are you cool with his deceitful ways? Will he die?
Old 05-19-2010, 12:19 AM   #1075
mavspwnage
Golden Member

oops, didn't show up the first time.

Last edited by mavspwnage; 05-19-2010 at 01:08 AM.
mavspwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:50 AM   #1076
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
What did yall think Ben meant when he said I thought I was summoning the monster...but he was summoning me?
im curious about this as well.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:43 AM   #1077
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
8th post in a row...suck it.

It seems that the whole, "Smokey is the LIGHT and if he leaves the Light goes out" theory got toasted tonight. Jacob said clearly that THE Light is still at the center of the Island.
That theory was pretty much killed when it was confirmed that the light in the cave was still on, and visible when Ben turned the wheel.

Great episode tonight. Makes last week's episode (which you all already know I thought was great) even better. You guys still ragging on last week's episode perplex me. Half of the stuff Jacob said at the campfire would have made hardly any sense without last week's episode. "I made him that way" = total nonsense without last week's episode.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 05-19-2010 at 01:45 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:00 AM   #1078
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
That theory was pretty much killed when it was confirmed that the light in the cave was still on, and visible when Ben turned the wheel.

Great episode tonight. Makes last week's episode (which you all already know I thought was great) even better. You guys still ragging on last week's episode perplex me. Half of the stuff Jacob said at the campfire would have made hardly any sense without last week's episode. "I made him that way" = total nonsense without last week's episode.
I totally agree. Without last week's episode, this week's would've been one huge WTF moment. Its the only reason the campfire conversation had any meaning at all - at least to the audience. I think its been pretty obvious that L & C are content to tell us what happened without bothering a whole bunch with the why and the how. I don't expect that to change next week.

I think Ben is definitely working a long con...and I think Jack definitely is NOT Jacob's replacement. I don't know what will go wrong, but something will. First of all, its not a big moment if it happens the week before the finale. And secondly, I would like to believe that the end game is not so obvious.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 05-19-2010 at 02:05 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:02 AM   #1079
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Very good episode. But a couple things.

1. Who gave Desmond the rope? Before Sayid got exploded Arzt style, he told Jack Desmond was trapped in a well.

2. Why can Ben now kill Widemore? Remember when he came up to his bedroom, Widemore asked if he was here to kill him, Ben replied "You know I can't do that." There seemed to be a rule (for gratuitous unexplained "rules") stating they couldn't kill each other. Did Jacob's death axe the rule?

3. Last week still sucked. ;]

I definitely think Ben has a plan up his sleeve, of some kind. He had the chance to kill Penny and didn't. It wasn't simply about revenge. And why would he want an island to himself with no one on it? Not to mention MiB later says "Oh yeah, I'm going to blow up that island I just promised you."
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:50 AM   #1080
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

I'm thinking miles let Desmond out.

This will be the last thing I say about last week's episode. I still think it was unnecessary. They could have reworded a few lines in the campfire scene (it was already pretty good) and that would have replaced an entire hour's worth of show. I personally did not need to see exactly how Jacob made MiB that way. Now, if the act of being sent into the light comes up in the finale (say Jack is thrown in there or something), then we would have needed to have seen it before. I also will repeat that if the episode had been weeks ago, it would have been an ok filler episode. But 3rd from the end? That was a major cause of the uproar.