Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-25-2004, 07:33 PM   #1
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all
Default Dirk named to All-NBA third team

Congrats Dirk!!!

Quote:
Nowitzki named to All-NBA third team

04:14 PM CDT on Sunday, April 25, 2004

From Staff Reports

Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki was named third team All-NBA on Sunday. It is the fourth such honor for Nowitzki.

"It is an honor to be named to the All-NBA Third Team among all these amazing players", Nowitzki said. "There are a lot of deserving players on this team and I am proud to represent the Mavericks."

Nowitzki, Indiana's Ron Artest, Milwaukee's Michael Redd, New Orleans' Baron Davis and Houston's Yao Ming rounded out the third team.

Los Angeles' Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal, San Antonio's Tim Duncan, New Jersey's Jason Kidd and Minnesota's Kevin Garnett were named All-NBA first team.

Indiana's Jermaine O'Neal, Minnesota's Sam Cassell, Sacramento's Peja Stojakovic, Detroit's Ben Wallace and and Orlando's Tracy McGrady were named to the second team.

Link

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2004, 07:41 PM   #2
Shooter

Shooter is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Dirk named to All-NBA third team

Nice goin Dirk. But you were robbed. There is no way Peja should be ahead of you.
Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 07:51 PM   #3
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

And the Mavs could easily have had Redd if they would have anteed up.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 10:56 PM   #4
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bookit
And the Mavs could easily have had Redd if they would have anteed up.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

I find myself pondering that same thought quite often.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 10:59 PM   #5
samoan-maverick

samoan-maverick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Nice goin Dirk. But you were robbed. There is no way Peja should be ahead of you.
DIDO
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2nd Team:

PG- Sam Cassell
SG- Tracy McGrady
SF- Peja Stojakovic
PF- Jermaine O'neal
C- Ben Wallace

3rd Team:

PG- Baron Davis
SG- Michael Redd
SF- Ron Artest
PF- Dirk Nowitzki
C- Yao Ming

I bet the 3rd Team Beats the Crap out of the 2nd Team if they played. What do you think???(Sorry for changing the subject)
Old 04-25-2004, 11:19 PM   #6
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Dirk named to All-NBA third team

Yao Ming made first and second team? That's quite a feat.
Old 04-25-2004, 11:29 PM   #7
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else surprised Dirk didn't receive 1 first team vote?

Quote:
And the Mavs could easily have had Redd if they would have anteed up. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Would you rather have Redd or both Howard and Daniels? I think if we had Redd, we would have drafted differently and might not have given a call to Marquis.
Old 04-26-2004, 12:55 AM   #8
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No...he's probably listed as a forward and the most die hard Mavs fan can't say he had a better year than either Duncan or KG.

Quote:
Would you rather have Redd or both Howard and Daniels? I think if we had Redd, we would have drafted differently and might not have given a call to Marquis.
I'd probably still rather have Redd.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:58 AM   #9
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I think T-Mac shouldn't be on the second team. he might be a great player, but when his team is worse than all other teams in the league, he shouldn't get any kind of recognition.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 05:28 AM   #10
HeatFan7

HeatFan7 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Shooter

You cant be serious?
Old 04-26-2004, 08:09 PM   #11
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley

Quote:
And the Mavs could easily have had Redd if they would have anteed up. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Is everyone's memory that short? We did ante up for Redd, the most we could offer. Maybe I'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure we signed him to an offer sheet for the full mid-level exception, but the Bucks matched. Nothing we could do about that.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 08:20 PM   #12
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is everyone's memory that short? We did ante up for Redd, the most we could offer. Maybe I'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure we signed him to an offer sheet for the full mid-level exception, but the Bucks matched. Nothing we could do about that.
We didn't offer him the full MLE...it was one of the few times Cuban has tried to be budget conscious.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:25 PM   #13
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

The Redd story....

Bucks pay up to keep Redd
Mavericks' $12 million offer sheet for guard will be matched
By TOM ENLUND
tenlund@journalsentinel.com
Last Updated: Oct. 15, 2002
Free-agent guard Michael Redd will remain with the Milwaukee Bucks.

The Bucks announced Monday night that they had matched the four-year, $12 million offer sheet that the Dallas Mavericks had presented to the third-year guard Oct. 1.

Since Redd was a restricted free agent, the Bucks had the right to match the offer sheet and keep Redd. Had the Bucks not matched the offer sheet, Redd would have gone to Dallas and the Bucks would have received no compensation. The Bucks had until Wednesday to make a decision.

Old 04-26-2004, 08:25 PM   #14
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Edit: nevermind. I found other sources that had it at 4 years for 12. (originally I was looking at an article that had it listed as a three year deal).
Old 04-27-2004, 11:14 PM   #15
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Maybe I'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure we signed him to an offer sheet for the full mid-level exception, but the Bucks matched. Nothing we could do about that.
so, turns out i was wrong. Man that offseason sucked. promises of Rashard and Redd. Both fell through. Will we ever get a nice FA?

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 11:20 PM   #16
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
so, turns out i was wrong. Man that offseason sucked. promises of Rashard and Redd. Both fell through. Will we ever get a nice FA?
No as long as Nelson is here. Players know that Nelson will jerk them around.

That is why a player like Horry will succeed under Poppovich but drown under Nelson. Pop plays him regular minutes for every game. And Horry neeeds that flow. In turn he produces big some nights mediocre others and poor others. But it averages out. And come playoff time Horry gets some consistency.

Under Nelson Horry would look llost because of his lack of playing time or regular use.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote