Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-29-2004, 07:01 AM   #1
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough
Default A poll,if we lose,Nellie's in or out?

Its simple,if we lose this series,do you think Nellie should stay?

nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2004, 07:17 AM   #2
PubaNWO

PubaNWO is on a distinguished road
Default RE: A poll,if we lose,Nellie's in or out?

I don't think he SHOULD stay but I would not blame Cuban if he gave Nellie another year.....

I mean this team went through a whole lotta changes in just 1 year and we can all see that this team is no where close to it's potential and that the potential can be very high!

36 wins at home (should have been even higher, Indy game and Hawks game)

47 pt Quarter

2x 40 plus assist games

very effective rebounding team

one of the top teams in FG% and FT% and turnovers

if they just fix their ROAD GAMES and if they were just 1 game under .500 they would be the 4th seed and not the 5th seed....
PubaNWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 08:17 AM   #3
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of
Default RE:A poll,if we lose,Nellie's in or out?

It would be better if Nellie would step down and allow Donnie to take over. It wouldn't be good for Cuban to fire Nellie and the bad blood leads Donnie to resign. I vote for Donnie as coach.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 08:38 AM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Fire Nellie yesterday.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 08:43 AM   #5
MikeB
Golden Member

MikeB has a spectacular aura aboutMikeB has a spectacular aura about

I am WAY past fed up with Nellie. There is a reason he has never coached in the NBA finals in 26 seasons...he tries to be too smart and he refuses to use a big man for more than the jump ball. His use or better yet MIS-USE of players over the last 3 seasons have helped lead this team from a major contender to a first round exit. Nellie must go!
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 10:48 AM   #6
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Nellie should be fired 5 minutes after the season ends. Walker should be traded before training camp next year. We should do all in our power to get Ostertag in free agency. Those are the only major changes that I feel strongly about for this team.

Nellie has consistently proved that he can't get the job done by his abject refusal to play a true center on anywhere near a consistent basis. Nellie can talk about Defense in interviews, but he refuses to place to play the one player on the Mavs who can make a tremendous impact on D. If Cuban wants the mavs to continue to be a team that makes the playoffs and quickly exits, then he'll keep Nellie. If Cuban truely wants a championship, then Nellie is out the door. Personally I just hope the door doesn't hit Nellie on the @$$ on the way out.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:54 AM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Nellie should be fired 5 minutes after the season ends.

You are way too generous, it should be faster. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 11:02 AM   #8
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB Nellie should be fired 5 minutes after the season ends.
You are way too generous, it should be faster. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I guess I'm just an old softie. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2004, 11:05 AM   #9
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Fire Nellie...sometimes the team just needs to hear a new voice.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:36 AM   #10
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Only if Nellie wins the title he should stay. In other words, he must be fired, yesterday if possible, I agree.

(Hope this thread does not get locked again;....hmmmm, no, it is not going to, the originator is different [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]).
Old 04-29-2004, 12:56 PM   #11
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Ok, now I vote to fire Nellie after reading this article:

Note the part about more size inside! Nellie just doesn't get it.

Link:
http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2354986

West irked by Grizzlies' actions after sweep
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) ¡X Jerry West was not happy.

The day after being swept by San Antonio in the first round of the NBA playoffs, the Memphis Grizzlies gathered Monday for a team photo.
West, who is trying to build the franchise into a league contender, watched as the players gathered in small groups, some laughing and joking.

"I wouldn't be laughing. I'll guarantee you that, not me," West said.

The Grizzlies had an outstanding regular season, winning 50 games - 22 more than ever before - and earning a franchise-first playoff berth in the tough Western Conference.

But for West, the regular season and the playoffs must be evaluated independently.

Playing the toughest opponents in the most important games is when a team's weaknesses become most apparent, he said.

Except for Game 3, which the Spurs won 95-93, the Grizzlies were shoved around handily. And even in that game, the Spurs had 48 rebounds to 31 for the Grizzlies, including a 21-10 advantage on the offensive boards.

For the series, the Spurs shot 50.7 percent from the field to 42.4 percent for Memphis. From 3-point range, San Antonio hit 47.7 percent to 29.4 percent for the Grizzlies.

West declined to name names, but said he was disappointed with individuals and the team as a whole.

West is regarded as one of the best judges of talent in the league and changes are expected in the lineup by next season.

The Grizzlies have long needed more strength and size inside, but "we've got a lot more needs than that," West said, declining to go into specifics.

He had nothing but praise, however, for coach Hubie Brown and his staff.

"You couldn't do any more than they've done," West said. "I don't think there's a coach in basketball who could have won 50 games with this team besides our coach."

West said his highlight of the season was when Brown received the league's coach of the year trophy to a standing ovation from Memphis fans.

Brown's plans for next season are unsettled, though West and team owner Michael Heisley hope he stays.

Brown, who will be 71 in September, is the oldest coach in the NBA.

"I've just got to step back and discuss this with my wife and my family, and then also, I want to get checked out again to make sure I'm OK physically," he said. "Then I'll make a decision."

West has added nine players to the roster since taking over in April 2002, and Heisley said he expects more personnel changes.

"Jerry West makes all those kinds of decisions. Quite frankly, I don't even make suggestions to him," Heisley said. "I love every one of our players, but I'm sure he's going to be looking to make changes to make the team better."

As general manager of the Lakers from 1982 to 2000, West built them into a championship team led by Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant.

His hiring of Brown in Memphis raised eyebrows around the league, with many observers questioning if Brown could communicate with a team of 20-something millionaires.

But the Grizzlies took quickly to Brown, describing him as tough but fair, and adopted his fast-paced style that used a 10-man rotation, beating San Antonio three times.

Next season, the Grizzlies move to a new $250 million arena beside the city's Beale Street entertainment district.

At The Pyramid, their temporary home along the downtown riverfront, the Grizzlies drew an average of 15,188 this season. They closed the regular season with three straight sellouts of 19,351 and both home playoff games were sold out.

Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 12:58 PM   #12
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

Even if we win and go on to round two, I think Nellie's effectiveness is over.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 04:03 PM   #13
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

If Nellie can get the Mavs to round two, I think he has a much better chance of staying. That's a pretty good feat to pull off and very respectable. However, I still wont be surprised to see a new coach next year.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 04:13 PM   #14
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

If Nellie gets us to the second round he should get coach of the century. He was partially responsible for being down 3-1 but if he could rattle off three straight with the sad state of our team he should get a medal.

As it is Im unsure about Nellie. I believe he will be here next year even if we are bounced out in the first round.

I dont know if that is a good thing.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 08:38 PM   #15
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Pretty one sided,people are starting to understand what some of us were saying from years..
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 08:51 PM   #16
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see one that says nellie should stay? I'm pretty torn about him this year. He definitely waited too long and tried too hard to get walker into the mix. Now WHY did they trade for walker at all? Was nellie just making do with a bad situation? Raef had a career injury so the mavs took on walker just to move him? If so how do you bang nellie for trying his best to keep walks value up?

He's been really frustrating to me, but since I don't know what the heck is going on between nellie,cubes, donnie I'll say..

Whichever way is fine with me. If he goes ok, if he stays ok.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote