Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-15-2004, 12:25 AM   #1
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Who starts the threads for first rouund

Give me the links for the last season. We whipped kings last season.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:29 AM   #2
Peja_owns

Peja_owns is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Who starts the threads for first rouund

beating the kings in 7 games isn't necesarily whipping.
Peja_owns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 12:31 AM   #3
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

oh...sombody's a little pissy....

Old 04-15-2004, 12:34 AM   #4
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE: Who starts the threads for first rouund

Welcome Peja, I hope you will contribute good. By Whipping I meat the game 2 , Ofcourse you remember. Mavs set the record for most points in a half in NBA.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:36 AM   #5
Peja_owns

I'm not even upset. I like mavs-kings matchups. All I know is that regular season series between these teams do not matter.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:39 AM   #6
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Peja_owns
I'm not even upset. I like mavs-kings matchups. All I know is that regular season series between these teams do not matter.

Do you want me to show the threads at kingstalk where you were one of the persons in favour of avoiding the mavs. The reason you suggested was because Kings start playing mavs Ball when they see the mavs and get beat by that.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:41 AM   #7
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
Welcome Peja, I hope you will contribute good. By Whipping I meant the game 2 , Ofcourse you remember. Mavs set the record for most points in a half in NBA.
I was there that night, shouting obscene things about Mike Bibby and honking occasionally at a bad call. My ears didn't stop ringing until the next afternoon. Maybe not the best day of my life, but definitely in the top 5.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 12:43 AM   #8
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Yes, most of the posters on Kingsfans.com believe that the team and Adleman get sucked into playing a running game with us and will lose that type of battle most of the time.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 12:46 AM   #9
Peja_owns

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: Peja_owns

Do you want me to show the threads at kingstalk where you were one of the persons in favour of avoiding the mavs. The reason you suggested was because Kings start playing mavs Ball when they see the mavs and get beat by that.

I don't post on kingstalk or hardly ever go on that site. You can check ip addresses if you don't believe me. Anyways I came here to talk ball and you already want to start controversy with me just because I'm a kings fan?

Anyways Im going to change my name to Kingsfan in LA....the same name I use on the clublakers forum
Old 04-15-2004, 12:51 AM   #10
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

No controversy Peja, I want you to be a part of this great site. I just thought it was you. We will have a great series. But tell me one thing. Forget about the regular season record against mavs, Kings did not step up in the biggest game of the season like they used to before, they miss Bobby who was killer in every game against Mavs, Miller injured but playing. What do you think?
Old 04-15-2004, 12:54 AM   #11
Jbrjo

Jbrjo will become famous soon enough

Last year gametalks 3, 4, and 5 were started by LRB

game 3

game 4

game 5
Jbrjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 12:57 AM   #12
Peja_owns

Quote:
No controversy Peja, I want you to be a part of this great site. I just thought it was you. We will have a great series. But tell me one thing. Forget about the regular season record against mavs, Kings did not step up in the biggest game of the season like they used to before, they miss Bobby who was killer in every game against Mavs, Miller injured but playing. What do you think?
I think whoever controls the boards will win, since both teams have good shooters. Dallas is pretty dominant in rebounding though but we got home court.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:03 AM   #13
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Jbrjo
Last year gametalks 3, 4, and 5 were started by LRB

game 3

game 4

game 5
Thanks Jrbjo, U are awesome. Oksy I willl talk to every possible mavs fan to decide who should start these threads.

Old 04-15-2004, 01:10 AM   #14
Jbrjo

Game 2 was also LRB [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Game 2
come back!
Game 6............Dirk Brasil [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] game 6

Game 7: OP Game 7

I couldnt find Game 1
Old 04-15-2004, 01:28 AM   #15
Jbrjo

BTW in case you were wondering Dirk Brasil started 3 of the Kings gametalks this year 2-1 and MavsFanFinley started the other one, 1-0......and yeah I do have WAAAYYY too much time on my hands [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2004, 01:37 AM   #16
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Q]Game 7 vs. Portland...it was OP [/quote]
Q]Game 7 vs. Sacto...it was OP [/quote]

Originally posted by MFForever:
Quote:
OP - his gameday performances are still a landmark in mavs history - We won game 5 at san antonio WCF. We should use op's luck only in the playoffs.
-- Ready to roll in the most crucial games...my mojo stew is on low bubble till needed. And my sous chef, KG, has got my back. Let games begin....(we may need a sub for LRB since he's on IR right now...)

Maxie, Murph or U2 should kick this mother off !!!

Old 04-15-2004, 01:54 AM   #17
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Im outty. No one is begging me but that Seattle game was an embarassment.

EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 09:06 AM   #18
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
come back!
Game 6............Dirk Brasil [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] game 6

I couldnt find Game 1
That damn MFFL started game 1. Flush from his victory in game 7 against the Blazers, he thought his luck was still good. The fool started us in a hole with our blowout loss in game 1.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 09:11 AM   #19
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

MFFL needs to be banned until further notice. [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 09:14 AM   #20
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Quote:
Originally posted by: Max Power
Quote:
come back!

I couldnt find Game 1
That damn MFFL started game 1. Flush from his victory in game 7 against the Blazers, he thought his luck was still good. The fool started us in a hole with our blowout loss in game 1.

THAT BASTARD!
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 11:42 AM   #21
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

My vote would be for Murphy to start the Game 1 thread and Max to start Game 2. We need at least a split on the road.

We can work on the home lineup next week.

Old 04-15-2004, 11:54 AM   #22
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Has anyone kept the number of wins the mavs got when Murphy starts a gameday thread versus other members?
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 04:47 PM   #23
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

You guys really ARE superstitious huh [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If we're going to win, it doesn't matter who starts the thread, we'll win. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Just don't let Dirk Brasil start it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2004, 04:58 PM   #24
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: bernardos70
You guys really ARE superstitious huh [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If we're going to win, it doesn't matter who starts the thread, we'll win. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Just don't let Dirk Brasil start it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
I'm not really, but why take chances. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 05:38 PM   #25
FolterKammer84

FolterKammer84 is on a distinguished road

i would be very happy to start the game on sunday [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
perhaps a new guy would give us some luck!!!11111

in case no one likes the idea of me starting the game --- u2 should do it!
FolterKammer84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 06:08 PM   #26
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
My vote would be for Murphy to start the Game 1 thread and Max to start Game 2. We need at least a split on the road.

The Mavs have to go into game 1 with an attitude. Whether you win or lose, the mavs need to make their presence felt. Personally, I believe that I'm the guy that needs to step up and kick a little ass by starting game 1.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 06:21 PM   #27
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3

The Mavs have to go into game 1 with an attitude. Whether you win or lose, the mavs need to make their presence felt. Personally, I believe that I'm the guy that needs to step up and kick a little ass by starting game 1.
When you go up against a big bad bear, you got to hit him with everything you've got. Rally the troops, big Murph. Rally the troops. I want to wake up Sunday morning to most vicious diatribe I've ever read. Hell, you might even say 'screw protocol' again and start it earlier. Protocol is out the window. Conventional thinking is out the window. Now it's all out war!

chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 07:38 PM   #28
Jbrjo

Spurs vs Mavs NOV 20..Mavs win 95-92

Mavs vs Jazz april 11, 2003 mavs lose

Mavs @ SAC Oct 22 2003 PRESEASON LOSS

Mavs vs. Blazers April 30, 2003 LOSS

Mavs vs Blazers April 23 2003 WIN

Mavs vs Blazers Game 1 April 19 2003 WIN

Mavs vs Spurs Feb 18 2003 WIN

Dallas @ Miami March 25 2004 LOSS (REALLY sucky one)

Murphs 4-4 in all the games I could find....but I am sure there are more.....
(not the best record....but Murphy still has my vote [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] )
Old 04-15-2004, 07:59 PM   #29
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Murph, it's on you.

Start this off right.

Old 04-15-2004, 10:15 PM   #30
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Luck is not about statistics, but soul.

My proposed lineup:

Game 1. Mary
Game 2. Ames7
Game 3. Jbrjo
Game 4. raefformvp
Game 5. Sweets
Game 6. MFF

...and say good bye to the QQQQQQQueens in six!

(...if you thought I'm missing somebody, wait for the series against the Wolves: I have a good bench)
Old 04-16-2004, 03:15 AM   #31
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran

That's the confidence that I'm looking for in a thread starter!

Go Mavs!!! and Go Murph!!!

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:42 AM   #32
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

someone may want to remind dirk brazil not to start it early.....if I remember correctly....he did that about three times this year.....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 11:35 AM   #33
Chiwas
Guru

He's kind of undisciplined. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2004, 05:02 PM   #34
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Murph has copped a Madape attitude twice and is 0-2 in the last two. He should not be starting any more games in this series IMO.

We need someone who is lucky and is realistic about our team.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 05:12 PM   #35
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

My vote goes to u2 to start the thread.
Old 04-18-2004, 05:18 PM   #36
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
Luck is not about statistics, but soul.

My proposed lineup:

Game 1. Mary
Game 2. Ames7
Game 3. Jbrjo
Game 4. raefformvp
Game 5. Sweets
Game 6. MFF

...and say good bye to the QQQQQQQueens in six!

(...if you thought I'm missing somebody, wait for the series against the Wolves: I have a good bench)
Well, my rotation was spoiled but it still can be fixed:

Game 2. Ames7
Game 3. Jbrjo
Game 4. raefformvp
Game 5. Sweets
Game 6. MFF
Game 7. Erica (Dang, she was planed for the second round against the Wolves)

Remember, the only chance to fail was already wasted. There won't be any other one. (And now I don't know who is going to start the seven against the Lakers.)
Old 04-19-2004, 09:18 PM   #37
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Is U2 the guy we should go to for this game?
Old 04-19-2004, 09:22 PM   #38
Chiwas
Guru

Ames7. Period.

This is a long term plan. If Ames7 starts it, we will win the series (following the planned roster). Although a curse started cause Mary didn't start the first, but it can be reverted.

If U2 starts tomorrow's game, we will win, but not the series.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:32 PM   #39
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Personally, I'd like to see Max start the Game 2 thread. U2 will be needed for the homestand.

Old 04-19-2004, 09:54 PM   #40
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
Who starts the threads for first rouund
That W spelled all the stuff.