Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-27-2004, 09:32 AM   #1
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice
Default Last night was Disgusting!

Geez how many missed free throws were tehir last night. 56 percent just doesn't do it any night and we have a free throw coach what's up with that. The final plays are starting to be like ground hog day. The same bad play what do you know an isolation this time with nash vs. peja. Hey nellie its okay to have more then one pass on a last second play.

I'm mad that Walker played well and didn't play hardly at all in the second half. I'm sick of all the execuses not to at least give Bradley five minutes. Finley last day's as a mav are upon us. How many straight games has it been since he came up with a big game. For god sake can anyone make a layup.

Sorry Nellie your time in Dallas was cemented last night.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2004, 09:37 AM   #2
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Last night was Disgusting!

A bad game that sums up a bad series. But at least the new coach will know that most of the Mavs are CAPABLE of playing good defense.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 09:37 AM   #3
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Last night was Disgusting!

Taken from the FWST:

Quote:
"I tried [to get it to Nowitzki]," Nash said, "but the clock is going down. By the time you get it to him, there are people in the paint cheating over. I just tried to get a shot off."
Old 04-27-2004, 10:01 AM   #4
toucandave

toucandave is on a distinguished road

what an exciting and frustrating game for the mavs. Was there a single player at all who played well for them lastnight? Dirk sucked, Nash sucked, Finley sucked, Walker sucked, Daniels sucked, and everyone else sucked too.

What happened to Bradley???? Is he injured??? Isn't he a cornerstone of this franchise?

Nash missing money shots at the end of games? Whats up with that? This series he had the chance to win or extend these games, but he has come up lame.

Dirk missing lay up after gimmie shot after lay up (when I say gimmie shot, I mean gimmie shot for an NBA player, not myself of course. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] )

Do we fire a coach for the total funk of all the players?

Do we fire a coach for the unbelievably poor free throws?

He got us to the playoffs, but is that good enough? He always started the sucky ass Walker. He rarely played Bradley. He HOPED that rookies could perform in the pressure of the playoffs. They did for the most part, but was he genius or a fool for it?

This completely sucks.

A hurting, physically weak, perhaps mentally weak Sacremento team beats the "high flying" Mavericks on the Mavs home court!!!

I've always liked Nellie, but maybe he's overated as a mad scientist. I don't know...... This season is about to end, and I really don't want to let it go....Oh well, I suppose I can start thinking of trade and draft rumours.

When do you think Henson is gonna play?

toucandave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:06 AM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

You don't fire the coach based upon one game. I don't think anyone is saying that you fire the coach based on one game or based on one playoff series.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:14 AM   #6
toucandave

True, but don't you think Nellie is more likely to keep his job if he gets by the Kings? I think those sitting on the edge may have been pushed over it after this series.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:18 AM   #7
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

The game was pretty exciting. Christie made a big difference in the game. He was just more aggressive. If Najera is +7 when he's in the game, I want to see Walker's stats. His is probably a minus 10. Mavs should get rid of that guy. He doesn't take care of the ball and he takes bad shots.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:23 AM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: toucandave
True, but don't you think Nellie is more likely to keep his job if he gets by the Kings? I think those sitting on the edge may have been pushed over it after this series.
Possibly, but I don't believe that it would be because he's thought of as a better coach or anything like that. I believe that if the Mavs made it to the WCFinal's it would be a PR nightmare to remove a coach at that point even if the owner thought that it was the right move.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:39 AM   #9
toucandave

Quote:
Originally posted by: Simon2
If Najera is +7 when he's in the game, I want to see Walker's stats. His is probably a minus 10. Mavs should get rid of that guy. He doesn't take care of the ball and he takes bad shots.
Yeah, whenever Walker gets the ball, I think of turnovers or missed 3 pointers. He makes an occasional fancy pass, but those are few and far between. We really don't need to bother with him anymore though, the season is basically over and he'll be gone ASAP.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:43 AM   #10
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

like i said..game 2 in this series was a must win and the mavs couldn't pull that one off either

there is no home court adv for this team in the playoffs..sure it's all good in the regular season

regarding bradley, why isn't he in the game? when the game slows down like yesterday he could've at least prevented a couple layups
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 11:15 AM   #11
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Nellie is convinced that small ball will be successful when playing this team. I think the reason Nellie didnt want to put Bradley in is because he wants to keep Vlade out of the game, however there was one good opportunity to place bradley in the game when the kings put that rookie in there.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 11:35 AM   #12
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote from Cuban a couple of months back:

"We won't be judged by what we do in the regular season"

Will Cuban back this statement?
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 11:37 AM   #13
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
You don't fire the coach based upon one game. I don't think anyone is saying that you fire the coach based on one game or based on one playoff series.
Than fire him upon the last 3 years.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 11:40 AM   #14
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

What's more digusting than anything is our inability to convert when we have the last possesion of the game and need a score. Once this year it worked, and that was a Walker fadeaway (an absolutely horrible shot) that gave us the win at seattle. When we need a score down the stretch, you can be sure we won't get it. Count on it.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:41 AM   #15
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Nellie shouldn't be fired in a traditional sense. Nellie should simply allow Donny to take over because he is tired of coaching. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2004, 11:43 AM   #16
Bookit
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: bernardos70
What's more digusting than anything is our inability to convert when we have the last possesion of the game and need a score. Once this year it worked, and that was a Walker fadeaway (an absolutely horrible shot) that gave us the win at seattle. When we need a score down the stretch, you can be sure we won't get it. Count on it.
You're right. Even Miami bombed us on a last second shot. Most teams get a decent shot at it anyway. But Noooo. The Mavs never even come close. It is so predictable.

Old 04-27-2004, 11:47 AM   #17
PubaNWO

PubaNWO is on a distinguished road

It's not over yet.....
PubaNWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 11:52 AM   #18
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Make no mistake about it puba, we maybe can drag this series for two more games, but it is over.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:56 AM   #19
PubaNWO

Quote:
what an exciting and frustrating game for the mavs. Was there a single player at all who played well for them lastnight? Dirk sucked, Nash sucked, Finley sucked, Walker sucked, Daniels sucked, and everyone else sucked too.

What happened to Bradley???? Is he injured??? Isn't he a cornerstone of this franchise?

Nash missing money shots at the end of games? Whats up with that? This series he had the chance to win or extend these games, but he has come up lame.

Dirk missing lay up after gimmie shot after lay up (when I say gimmie shot, I mean gimmie shot for an NBA player, not myself of course. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] )

Do we fire a coach for the total funk of all the players?

Do we fire a coach for the unbelievably poor free throws?

He got us to the playoffs, but is that good enough? He always started the sucky ass Walker. He rarely played Bradley. He HOPED that rookies could perform in the pressure of the playoffs. They did for the most part, but was he genius or a fool for it?

This completely sucks.

A hurting, physically weak, perhaps mentally weak Sacremento team beats the "high flying" Mavericks on the Mavs home court!!!

I've always liked Nellie, but maybe he's overated as a mad scientist. I don't know...... This season is about to end, and I really don't want to let it go....Oh well, I suppose I can start thinking of trade and draft rumours.

When do you think Henson is gonna play?
I'm sorry but I don't think anyone "sucked" because everyone who played were into the game, played very very VERY HARD, did get affected by the abyssmal officiating, and shot the ball bad, didn't get the breaks, made things happen, and were very active.

It was just a horrible horrible shooting display overall but sometimes you just don't get the rolls.

The free throws on the other hand is inexcusable. No one is guarding you and you have plenty of time to calm yourself down especially at home. Some of them just missed but some really were just off.....and I do think the refs had this negative effect here....

As for Walker's buzzer beater against Seattle that just goes to show you even if you take a bad shot it's better than NOT taking a shot (Finley at the end of game 2) because it's better to be lucky sometimes then having no chance.....

Mavs got what they wanted though.....they had the lead.....lost it (thanks, evil refs and evil free throw shooting) and a shot to tie or win the game in the end....they even had the play they wanted, just not the shot...

although Walker did peel out and was WIDE OPEN for a 3 but Nash chose to take the shot that you could call a "bad" shot....

Old 04-27-2004, 12:02 PM   #20
PubaNWO

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: Simon2
If Najera is +7 when he's in the game, I want to see Walker's stats. His is probably a minus 10. Mavs should get rid of that guy. He doesn't take care of the ball and he takes bad shots.
Yeah, whenever Walker gets the ball, I think of turnovers or missed 3 pointers. He makes an occasional fancy pass, but those are few and far between. We really don't need to bother with him anymore though, the season is basically over and he'll be gone ASAP.
Most people think of this because that's whats been publicized the most so it's totally magnified. He didn't take 1 bad shot that whole game but missed badly on several shots and layups.

He did turnover the ball badly but came back on the other end to make steals which led to points for the Mavs.

I thought Walker was active, made things happen, and brought energy that sparked a mini run.....the dude basically played half the game and when he was in there he gave it his all (as did the rest of the Mavs), got his hands on the ball a lot, tipped balls to teammates, had some steals, turned it over, missed shots and layups (who didn't even on the Kings), but the one thing he didn't do was miss a free throw.....when he was on the floor the game was closer than when he was on the bench....not saying the Mavs woulda won with him playing and the 2 rookies benched, but we'll never know now....

Old 04-27-2004, 12:03 PM   #21
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

What really bums me out is the amount of point blank layups that we miss .... even on fast breaks! It is getting to the point of embarrassment. The rooks and Walk have to be able to dunk some of those so there is no doubt. Dirk is not excluded from my wrath. I know it takes a little extra energy, but after all this is the playoffs!

And the free throws last night were just a disgrace.

edit: part about dirk.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 12:05 PM   #22
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I'm surprised Walker didn't play more. I thought he was effective when he was playing, aside from his 3pt shot attempts. I really hated seeing Nash with the ball on the last play. He missed a 3 with a minute left that would have tied the game (a 2pt play would have been a smarter idea). Last time he was given the ball for a game winning shot was in Miami I believe and that shot was horrible too. Dirk, Finley, Daniels, JHo, Jamison (although he was taken out due to his back or something), BRADLEY, EDDIE, WALKER, FORTSON all would have come before Nash if it were my choice. Nash just hasn't seemed to come up big when the team needed him lately. I think someone who could have muscled it inside if need be should have taken the shot. I know Nash used to be a great clutch player, but lately it seems like all of his clutchness has gone away. I know atleast Finley was in good position for a shot. He was around the ark, Nash had a clear path to Fin to pass, and Finley didn't look like he was being defended (or defended well), he even looked like he was asking Nash for the ball. Oh well.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 12:07 PM   #23
PubaNWO

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavs Rule
What really bums me out is the amount of point blank layups that we miss .... even on fast breaks! It is getting to the point of embarrassment. The rooks and Walk have to be able to dunk some of those so there is no doubt. I know it takes a little extra energy, but after all this is the playoffs!

And the free throws last night were just a disgrace.
True.

But I thought the rooks did a good job of getting those shots so close they just missed. Walker's blown layup was just awful. I don't know how he missed it....obviously it was way too hard....maybe he thought he'd get swarmed and the contact never came so he was caught off guard being so wide open and just missed....

Howard had a coupld of close shots that really should have been fouls...he also had some bad shots (even though they were close) they had no shot of going in...Daniels was off he missed some mid rangers he usually makes.....or has made throughout the year....

It was an odd odd game...

Finley too missed and took way too many 3's.....

Old 04-27-2004, 12:16 PM   #24
PubaNWO

The Mavs actually came to play defense too this game. And mad defense.....one on one D was outstanding for the most part.

I don't recall many outside shots by the Kings that were wide open and there were only 1 or 2 wideopen dunks in the paint....usually there are half a dozen of each....

Mavs really just blew it offensively....from the line first...then the easy close shots....the 3 ball hasn't been there all year.....and finally the rebounding....needed to board better

This series isn't over unless the Mavs quit. But the Mavs haven't quit and a lot of Mavs fans seem to think this team lacks heart which I don't believe.....the just lack the positive results: the Win.

In the end of all of Nellie's weird subs and calls, the players really haven't shot well and that's gotta change (not just for the next game but for future seasons).
Old 04-27-2004, 12:17 PM   #25
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm surprised Walker didn't play more. I thought he was effective when he was playing, aside from his 3pt shot attempts. I really hated seeing Nash with the ball on the last play. He missed a 3 with a minute left that would have tied the game (a 2pt play would have been a smarter idea). Last time he was given the ball for a game winning shot was in Miami I believe and that shot was horrible too. Dirk, Finley, Daniels, JHo, Jamison (although he was taken out due to his back or something), BRADLEY, EDDIE, WALKER, FORTSON all would have come before Nash if it were my choice. Nash just hasn't seemed to come up big when the team needed him lately. I think someone who could have muscled it inside if need be should have taken the shot. I know Nash used to be a great clutch player, but lately it seems like all of his clutchness has gone away. I know atleast Finley was in good position for a shot. He was around the ark, Nash had a clear path to Fin to pass, and Finley didn't look like he was being defended (or defended well), he even looked like he was asking Nash for the ball. Oh well.
If Dirk is your leader, you live by Dirk,and die by Dirk....if not, and it is Fin, then live with it when he doesn't make it. If Nash is the sharpshooter, then fine.....Problem is --- no one knows who the GOTO guy is.

In LA -- Bryant is taking that shot. In SA - TD gets the ball to do something with. In Minn -- KG has the ball in his hands. In Dallas - Fin, no Nash, no Dirk, no one of the rooks, no ......let's just let time run out, and figure it out next game.........ARGHHHHH......happens at the end of qtrs as well, not just at the end of games. Does TMac, AI, or VC let someone else take that shot? ?

Too many questions, and not enough attitude.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 12:18 PM   #26
PubaNWO

Who knew it would be the offense that would fail the Mavs???

It should have never happened if the Mavs used all their guns.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:31 PM   #27
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Last night was a huge disappointment mainly because the Mavs lost on what should have been their strengths. Their free throws failed them. Their rebounding advantage failed them. And, most of all their offense failed them.

If Nellie is fired after this season, it is because Cuban believes that he can't take this team any further than they have. It won't be because of this game or even this series or even this season.

Even if the Mavs win this series, they don't look strong enough to beat the top 3 teams in the West. They just don't have what it takes to win it all this year.

I love the Mavs, but they may have to find another way to get to the NBA championship than this.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 02:34 PM   #28
TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 will become famous soon enoughTwoDeep3 will become famous soon enough

Look at the bright side people.

This is the elimination game where Dirk will perform better than ever.

As told to me by so many here.

So cheer up. Dirk will shoot at over 60% and score 40+ points.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:43 PM   #29
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I'll cheer up when you quit posting this kind of worthless garbage.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:44 PM   #30
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c
Quote:

Now, now let's not shoot the optimist. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2004, 02:54 PM   #31
TwoDeep3

The point is simple. This team is required to perform like last night to get to this magical game where Dirk can pad his legend.

There is a comment aboiut John Elway that he was the comeback kid. He had more recorded comebacks in his career than any other quarterback ever.

Now I don't know that this is a fact. But it seems to be tossed around alot by the press.

The real question that should be asked about this, if true is...

Who the hell was the quarterback that got them behind in the first place.

And that is the real point here.

Dirk needs the elimination game to become this all world player.

Why doesn't he turn it up before their backs are against the wall and carry the team to victory when things aren't so dire?

Old 04-27-2004, 03:06 PM   #32
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk is 1st in the league in points per game, 7th in rebounding, 6th in blocked shots, and 3rd in efficiency for the playoffs. Now go away.
Old 04-27-2004, 03:09 PM   #33
PubaNWO

The Mavs are playing some form of defense.

It's a real shame that their offense is nearly non-existent. A lot of people been waitin for the Mavs to play some D, only now when they do, their offense is absent. Maybe the Mavs players should just save all their energy for what they are good at.
Old 04-27-2004, 03:18 PM   #34
TwoDeep3

Quote:
Dirk is 1st in the league in points per game, 7th in rebounding, 6th in blocked shots, and 3rd in efficiency for the playoffs. Now go away.
I guess my post confused you. The prevelent thought around here is that Dirk is a monster in the elimination games.

So here is the elimination game coming up and we shall see Dirk rise to the occassion.

I just don't understand why he doesn't carry the team to victory when the games are crucial yet are not the ones where it's win or go home.

And the Kings have a 3 to 1 lead in this series.

Which is much more important than your stats, by the way.

Old 04-27-2004, 03:19 PM   #35
kingrex
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: PubaNWO
The Mavs are playing some form of defense.

It's a real shame that their offense is nearly non-existent. A lot of people been waitin for the Mavs to play some D, only now when they do, their offense is absent. Maybe the Mavs players should just save all their energy for what they are good at.
Ideally, that would be great, but in the playoffs you have to get stops. Especially in the 4th quarter. I think the key is to acquire better defenders so that the team doesn't have to scramble so much everytime one guy gets beat.
Old 04-27-2004, 03:40 PM   #36
1timesportsbeatwriter

1timesportsbeatwriter is on a distinguished road

Everybody's wondering, `What happened to the Mavs offense?' Here's what happened: They rush so many shots that even when they are open, they are in such a hurry to shoot it before the shot clock gets under 15. And with the pressure of the playoffs and a rushed shot, that spells disaster. These mavs remind me of the old loyala maramount teams of the 1990s with Bo Kimble and the late Hank Gathers. That team figured if they put up more shots than you did (small ball) then even if they shot badly, theyd make more shots than you did and win the game.
Same thing is happening with the Mavs. Because of small ball, they are quicker than most every team they will play, and so they can spread teams out and get more open shots. But they are in such a rush to shoot fast that they have really shot terribly. I dont think its cuz the kings have played defense all that great _ though you do have to give the kings credit for getting back on defense (mavs dont have that many fastbreak points) and for defending the pick and roll as good or better than any team. Still, this team has missed too many layups and all I can say is that they are rushing their shots, not taking their time and being patient against the kings, like the kings have been patient against the mavs.
Again, the Mavs shooting fast worked at times in the regular season. Thats because eveyr night, they played a different team that was not used to the mavs pace, and their accuracy and their offensive schemes. But int he playoffs, well, the kings no whats coming, they know to get back on defense, they know to guard the pick and roll. But the kings could have been beaten if the mavs woul dhave taken their time on offense. Instead, you got finley jacking up 3s, and dirk missing piont blank post-ups because he is rushing.
Old 04-27-2004, 03:51 PM   #37
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
I guess my post confused you.
No, actually your post left no doubt at all that you are in fact a troll.
Quote:
The prevelent thought around here is that Dirk is a monster in the elimination games.
And the statistics to support that contention have been shoved down your throat so many times on this site you'd think you would have caught on by now. Perhaps you're waiting for us to stick them somewhere else?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Quote:
I just don't understand why he doesn't carry the team to victory when the games are crucial yet are not the ones where it's win or go home.
Maybe you should ask the Wizard for a brain, because this is apparently where my post confused you. See, baksetball works like this. Guys who score a lot of points, grab a lot of rebounds, block a lot of shots, and perform efficiently are what those of us in the know sometimes refer to as "good players". If you want, you can come back tomorrow for a lesson in how good players can sometimes be on the losing end of games because their teammates are contributing as much to the game as you are to this forum.
Quote:
And the Kings have a 3 to 1 lead in this series.
Well, at least we've solved the riddle of whether or not you can add.
Old 04-27-2004, 03:52 PM   #38
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: kingrex
Quote:
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c
Quote:

Now, now let's not shoot the optimist. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Wow. We just winessed history. For the first time in D-M.com history, TwoDeep3 was called an optimist.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 05:48 PM   #39
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

The Mavs offense went away with Finley.
Old 04-27-2004, 06:18 PM   #40
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The Mavs offense went away with Finley.
Do you mean went away from Finley? Or Finley's shooting caused the Mavs offense to head south?