Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 04-26-2007, 02:03 AM   #1
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold
Default Stars Offseason Thread

Season's over, new thread time. I'm finally feeling up to thinking about possible changes, etc. Here's some cap info, courtesy of Andrews:
Quote:
Next season's cap is expected to be somewhere between $47 million to $49 million. An exact figure will be released at the end of the season.

The Stars have $35.3 million committed to 14 players with one-way contracts next season. They also have $2.25 million in buyout costs still owed to Bill Guerin, which pushes them to $37.55 million in cap commitments.

Niklas Grossman and Loui Eriksson, who are both under contract next season, are expected to be roster players with the Stars next season, pushing the team to about $38.9 million for 17 players if no moves are made.
Here is the breakdown of RFAs & UFAs:
Quote:
Restricted Free Agents

Player Age 2006-07 Cap Cost Qualifying Offer Due
Jussi Jokinen (F) 24 $737,500 $605,000
Joel Lundqvist (F) 25 $580,000 $495,000
Antti Miettinen (F) 26 $450,000 $495,000
Mike Ribeiro (F) 27 $1,900,000 $1,900,000

Unrestricted Free Agents

Player Age Free Agent Status 2006-07 Cap Cost
Krys Barch (F) 25 Group VI Unrestricted Free Agent $450,000
Matthew Barnaby (F) 33 Group III Unrestricted Free Agent $625,000
Stu Barnes (F) 36 Group III Unrestricted Free Agent $1,140,000
Jon Klemm (D) 37 Group III Unrestricted Free Agent $950,000
Eric Lindros (F) 34 Group III Unrestricted Free Agent $1,550,000
Ladislav Nagy (F) 27 Group III Unrestricted Free Agent $3,000,000
Patrik Stefan (F) 26 Group III Unrestricted Free Agent $900,000
Darryl Sydor (D) 34 Group III Unrestricted Free Agent $2,128,000
From DMN...basically everyone significant on this list says they want to return. (Also, unrelated note: Zubie will have surgery this week for the abdominal strain he suffered in Game 6.)

I think everyone would agree we need to keep Ribs, Jokinen & Lundqvist out of the RFA group. Qualify Ribs, maybe explore a longer-term deal (I'd say no more than 3 years) but I wouldn't make it a priority, let's see if he can repeat. I am so over Antti Miettinen, it's not even funny.

Of the UFAs, I think we need to keep Stu(uuu) & Sydor. Sadly, I think Klemmer's going to move on since Grossman will be up here next year (sucks cause Klemmer's the most reliable 7th D in the world...how often can you say when your 7th D is in, he will almost always make a positive impact?...but I also hope he can latch onto a team that lets him play more cause he deserves it). It's not looking good for Nagy...I wasn't as down on him as some & I hate not trying to resign him b/c of the price we paid to get him, but I suspect he'll want (& will probably get) something absurd. Do we need Krys Barch with Ott back & healthy?

Is Tipp back? This is the least-conclusive we've heard Army. But as I've stated before, a) I don't think he deserves to be fired & b) who the hell would you hire to take his place?

It's gonna be a lonnnnng summer.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:44 PM   #2
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Yes, a long summer indeed. A new thread was a good idea. Let's leave that other stuff behind us now.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:50 PM   #3
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Here is my list

MUST KEEPS:

Joel Lundqvist (F) 25 $580,000 $495,000
Mike Ribeiro (F) 27 $1,900,000 $1,900,000
Stu Barnes (F) 36 Group III Unrestricted Free Agent $1,140,000

'WOULD LIKE TO KEEP'

Jussi Jokinen (F) 24 $737,500 $605,000
Krys Barch (F) 25 Group VI Unrestricted Free Agent $450,000
Darryl Sydor (D) 34 Group III Unrestricted Free Agent $2,128,000

'INDIFFERENT'

Patrik Stefan (F) 26 Group III Unrestricted Free Agent $900,000
Jon Klemm (D) 37 Group III Unrestricted Free Agent $950,000
Antti Miettinen (F) 26 $450,000 $495,000

'DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOUR ARSE ON THE WAY OUT'

Eric Lindros (F) 34 Group III Unrestricted Free Agent $1,550,000
Ladislav Nagy (F) 27 Group III Unrestricted Free Agent $3,000,000
Matthew Barnaby (F) 33 Group III Unrestricted Free Agent $625,000

If Syd comes back, it's going to have to be at a little home team discount, he's not worth that much anymore, and I think he knows it.

Miettinen is one of those guys who will probably go somewhere else and light the lamp, but it's just not happening here. Jussi has had some steady point production, and may seek more money elsewhere. We'll see.

If Nagy wants to come back at a GREATLY reduced price, that's great, but I'm done with him. He can't even hit the net with a shot.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 04-26-2007 at 02:53 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:47 PM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Red Wings get blanked tonight.... that makes me smile a little
Old 04-27-2007, 01:35 PM   #5
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

According to Mike Heika....

Quote:
Coaches to stay
A couple of sources are saying that Doug Armstrong recommended to Tom Hicks today to keep the entire coaching staff, and that's what the Stars will do. I'll try to get more.
Mixed feelings.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:36 PM   #6
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=205724&hubname=nhl
TSN has it... everyone is staying. As I've previously said, I am ok with this. I think the changes really need to come from the personnel.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:40 PM   #7
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Well at least we'll know next year. #1, he has to get into the playoffs, which seems to be getting hard and harder. And then #2 once he gets there, it's "Win, or you're fired dude"
Old 04-27-2007, 01:50 PM   #8
ames7
Diamond Member

I definitely agree with that this time. I never quite believed that until this year, but I think it's pretty cut & dry next year. I think Tipp is a really good coach, I do. And I think if he was let go, he'd be snatched up by another team almost immediately. It's just that's what you do in pro sports...the Stars have shown pretty strong loyalty, which is in many ways refreshing, but it's pretty simple now, the whole staff's contracts are up this year. If they win a round, they get extended, if they don't, they won't & we'll start over.

Anyway, I'm kind of glad they made the decision quickly & now we can think about the draft & free agency. Army needs to do something.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:04 PM   #9
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

From Tipps interview on BAD radio today, it sounds like it's going to be more of the same.

They talked about guys who need to step up their contribution, and young guys that need to step up and take their place. I think they're leaning more towards changing what they do, not changing who does it. There just isn't enough cap space to be making big moves with these guys.

Now if you could find someone to take Nortrsums contract....
Old 04-28-2007, 12:15 AM   #10
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I didn't think it possible for the mavs to deliver a bigger let down than the Stars, but they sealed it tonight.

Stars = #1 in Dallas!!
Old 04-28-2007, 01:02 AM   #11
ilMavvento

ilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the rough

Responding to the original post -

I think we should keep Miettinen. Why? He will be cheap, very cheap. His production wasn't great, but he had the same amount of points as Halpern who people seem to love. He hasn't hit his prime yet and will improve. You can also throw him out there on a Finn line and you know you'll get above average play. And if it doesn't work out it's an easy contract to trade.

I also think we should let every single UFA walk, including Barnes and Sydor. That's some significant coin to go after a goal scorer. The rest can be filled from within. Qualify all the RFAs.

Vancouver just beat Anaheim in double OT. Giguere let in an incredibly soft goal. Where the hell was that in '03?

Last edited by ilMavvento; 04-28-2007 at 01:04 AM.
ilMavvento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:20 AM   #12
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilMavvento
I also think we should let every single UFA walk, including Barnes and Sydor.
Just for the record, I think getting rid of Stu would be absolute madness.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:06 AM   #13
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

i think you have to keep stu if the $$ are right (about 1.3), for how versatile he is on the ice and what he gives the room, but i can't see keeping any of the other UFA's, even sydor (pains me to say), unless he gives the stars a discount.

side note: sydor is the only pro athlete i've ever met and had a conversation with. the wife and i drove to atlanta for a game a few years back around xmas time and in the elevator of the team hotel, the doors open and in pops daryl. he gives us a look, me in my stars shirt, my wife in her eddie sweater, and starts up a conversation. ended with him giving us a "merry christmas" and a handshake. my closest brush with greatness.

okay, changed my mind, we gotta keep him.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:37 AM   #14
ilMavvento

ilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the rough

There's no doubt Syd is a great guy, but Grossman is NHL ready now, not to mention better and cheaper. I doubt Sydor would want to fill the role of 7th Dman.

I think Stu is the single most overrated player by Stars fans. Expect to see his skills start dropping off the table if he's re-signed. He may provide leadership, but that leadership hasn't gotten the team anywhere. It's safe to say Morrow has control of the room by now anyway.
ilMavvento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:32 PM   #15
ames7
Diamond Member

You know, during the season, I was right there with you, I thought we should let Syd go. I think he improved his value in the playoffs. I think you're right, this is somewhere they need to look at for clearing cap room, b/c I don't think he's going to take that big of a pay cut. You're already paying Norstrom so much, I don't think you can commit more than $2mil to Sydor. I also don't think it should be more than a year. However, I don't think Syd is a 7th D...if he's still, he'll be in the same role as he was this year.

Without Syd, the D looks like this: Zubov, Boucher, Norstrom, Robi, Daley, Grossman, Baumgardener. If you want to have another veteran, maybe you even look at keeping Klemmer instead (at the much cheaper rate, obviously).

(Side note: looking at that list, you know who I wouldn't mind shopping? Daley. That dude...sometimes you see the flashes of brilliance, but so much more often, he's getting burned. He's also young, you'd think there'd be a market for him. You're more likely to move him than Norstrom's contract.)

I have to disagree about Stu(uuu). I know we all look at him with our rose-colored glasses of adoration, but if you really watch him play every game, you have to see his value. He's so good. I think he's our single best penalty killer. (Yeah. Better than Lehts.) I think that line with Lundqvist & Halpern has the potential for a truly great shutdown line for several years. You can see Tipp thinks so too, b/c how often do you see him keep a line together for so long? I think you have to have players like Stu Barnes. I also think he's at a point in his career that he's not looking for the big pay day. He wants to stay & try to win the Cup. I think he'll stay for an extremely reasonable price.

Last edited by ames7; 05-01-2007 at 01:03 AM.
ames7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:24 PM   #16
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Man I love when Hasek gets scored on..... he always looks like Tim Duncan. Like "no way that just happened!"

Go Sharks. I hate the Wings so badly.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:19 PM   #17
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

DALLAS STARS RE-SIGN RIGHT WING KRYS BARCH TO ONE-YEAR DEAL

FRISCO, Tex. – Dallas Stars General Manager Doug Armstrong announced today that the club has re-signed right wing Krys Barch to a one-year deal ($475,000) for the 2007-08 season.

“Krys is a hard-nosed player who plays with an edge and did a good job for our hockey club last season,” said Armstrong. “We will look for him to continue to improve his game and make impacts for our organization next year.”

Barch, 26, appeared in 26 games this past season with the Stars, registering three goals and two assists for five points with 107 penalty minutes. Two of his three goals proved to be game-winners during his first career NHL season. The 6-2, 200-pound right wing collected his first career multi-point game on Feb. 23 vs. Anaheim (1-1-2). He also appeared in 31 games with Iowa this season, recording three goals and five assists for eight points with 110 penalty minutes.

Originally signed as a free agent by the Stars on July 18, 2006, Barch skated in 43 games for Iowa in 2005-06, recording seven goals and six assists for 13 points, to go along with a team-high 129 penalty minutes. He also appeared in all seven of Iowa’s Calder Cup Playoff games, posting an assist and 27 penalty minutes.

The native of Guelph, Ont., has appeared in 224 career AHL games over parts of seven seasons, notching 25 goals and 41 assists for 66 points with 444 penalty minutes. He was originally drafted by Washington in the fourth round (106th overall) of the 1998 NHL Entry Draft.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:39 PM   #18
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

So that was priority #1 hmmm???

(That's right, I'm still bitter....)
Old 05-01-2007, 04:41 PM   #19
Smiles
Diamond Member

Well, I guess there was the article about Tippet not being fired (which wasn't news since Lites said pre-playoffs that we'd keep everyone regardless of playoff outcome).

I hear you though. Kind of surprised me too.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:13 PM   #20
ames7
Diamond Member

A random deal, like I said, why do you need Barch AND Ott? Whatever, I guess, as long as it's a 2-way deal, I guess it doesn't matter.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:09 AM   #21
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Severe giggle at the Nucks for blowing a 2 goal lead and losing in OT

gj Luongo
Old 05-02-2007, 11:41 PM   #22
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I CANNOT BELIEVE the Red Wings just tied the game with 33 seconds left.

That was a softy, Nabakov you fag.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:30 AM   #23
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

From Razor....

Quote:
So we are left with -- Buffalo, Ottawa, Anaheim, San Jose and Detroit, all of whom finished in the top six of goals scored for in the 2006-07 season. Couple that fact with the reality that the last two Cup winners finished third in goals scored, and you have enough evidence to suggest that offense, not defense, wins championships in today's NHL.
Damn it
Old 05-13-2007, 01:41 PM   #24
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Rumors are starting to surface about possible moves involving players, including the coveted Scott Gomez from NJ Devils....

the Stars aren't rumored to be doing anything yet.

Old 05-13-2007, 07:35 PM   #25
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

god i pray miettinen is gone he sucks and no more finns they are soft and don't score in the clutch.
wesbrynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:36 AM   #26
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesbrynt
god i pray miettinen is gone he sucks and no more finns they are soft and don't score in the clutch.
I agree with you, but apparenly Miettinen scored for the Fins yesterday in a losing effort.

I say let him go.

Meanwhile, watching the Ducks beat the Wings in OT was fun last night.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:02 PM   #27
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

thats nice he can't do a damn thing for us but then goes and scores in a world competition, that blows
Old 05-15-2007, 03:39 PM   #28
Smiles
Diamond Member

DALLAS STARS SIGN CENTER TOM WANDELL TO THREE-YEAR DEAL

FRISCO, Tex. – Dallas Stars General Manager Doug Armstrong announced today that the club has signed center Tom Wandell to a three-year deal through the 2009-10 season.

“Tom is a player that we’ve monitored since drafting him in 2005 and believe can make an impact within the depth of our organization,” said Armstrong. “We look forward to watching him develop over the next three years.”

Wandell, 20, appeared in 50 games with Assat Pori of the Finnish Elite League last season, collecting six goals and six assists for 12 points with 20 penalty minutes. The 6-1, 183-pound center ranked ninth on the team in goals and tied for 10th in points.

Dallas’ fifth round draft selection (146th overall) in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft, Wandell was born in Sodertalje, Sweden. In 2004-05 with Sodertalje of the Swedish Junior League, he played in five games and registered one goal and two assists for three points with four penalty minutes.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:59 PM   #29
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

A swede eh?

Send him to Iowa. Impress me.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:28 AM   #30
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The Ducks looked completely unable to compete with the Wings last night, and now Pronger is probably going to be suspended for viciously elbowing holmstrom.

Please Ottawa....Beat Det in the Finals.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:56 PM   #31
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Congats to Ottawa. That was a gret game today.

Go Sens!! Beat whoever the hell comes out of the west.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:31 PM   #32
ames7
Diamond Member

All my second-favorite teams have been going all the way so far this year (the Colts & the Cards)...here's to hoping the Sens continue the trend. (They better, cause the West is seriously the battle of Evil vs Even More Evil.)

In Stars news, I was just reading about this interesting prospect that's in the Memorial Cup Finals.
James Neal: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/james_neal
He signed with us earlier this year & he also won gold with Team Canada in the World Junior Championships. He's been tearing up the playoffs & it sounds like they're real pleased with his progress this year. Mike Heika in the DMN blog said he looks like he could break the traditional Dallas draft mold of "two-way grinder" & turn into more of a Chris Drury-type. Always good to read good things about the kids.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:12 AM   #33
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The Ducks win over the Wings today was oh-so delicious.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:04 AM   #34
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The Red Wings are defeated!!!!

What in the HELL happened in that game? I was watching with my dad, and then after the 2nd period it was 3-0 Anaheim so I went home and forgot about it. Then the highlights come on ESPN and it was 4-3?? Crazy

But evil has been defeated by slightly lesser evil.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:51 AM   #35
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Stars' Modano explains fiancée's criticisms

Center smoothes things with team after fiancée's criticisms

09:34 PM CDT on Monday, June 4, 2007
By MIKE HEIKA / The Dallas Morning News

Veteran Stars center Mike Modano said Monday that he has talked with organization officials recently about criticisms that his fiancée, entertainer Willa Ford, directed at the team's management and coaching staff in an Internet interview last month.

"I just wanted to clear some things up with them, and I think they had some concerns, too," Modano said. "They understand how I believe, and I believe we're moving in the right direction."

Among what Ford told ESPN.com: There was friction among the coaches; the team needed to acquire better wingers to play with Modano; and stripping him of the captaincy before last season was classless.

The interview took place a few weeks after the Stars were eliminated by Vancouver in the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Mike Modano (left) will have to balance his relationships with Willa Ford and the Stars. During the Stars' run, Ford was one of multiple celebrities asked to blog on NHL.com.

Modano said Ford based opinions expressed in the interview on some of his unfiltered frustration.

"It's tough, because my personality is that I'll hold a lot inside and then just go vent," said Modano, who will turn 37 on Thursday. "I think it's like anyone. You get it out of your system and then just go back to work."

Modano said he discussed the interview with general manager Doug Armstrong, coach Dave Tippett, associate coach Rick Wilson, a few teammates and ex-teammate Brett Hull, now a special assistant to team president Jim Lites.

Armstrong wouldn't comment on his conversation with Modano. Tippett said his door is open to any player at any time.

Modano said he needs to be more comfortable using that door.

"That's just not my personality, to speak out, and that's probably something I need to work on," he said. "But there are situations where I think all of the players could add their opinions, whether that's in what we're doing on the ice or if we're thinking about adding a player in free agency or a trade. I think the players' opinions are important there."

Modano is the only player who has been with the franchise since it moved from Minnesota in 1993. He became the career leader in regular-season goals among U.S.-born players last season and should become the American leader in career points next season.

He is signed through the 2009-10 season, has a no-trade clause and said he wants to play out the contract with the Stars.

"I feel great," he said. "I honestly think on a year-to-year basis right now. But, yeah, at this point, I want to play all three years."
Mike, tell your bitch to shutup.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 06-05-2007 at 08:51 AM.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:36 AM   #36
Smiles
Diamond Member

Mike thought he could get away w/all his carp because he didn't know the organization had the ballz to strip him of the "C".

F-ing @sshole.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:18 PM   #37
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles
Mike thought he could get away w/all his carp because he didn't know the organization had the ballz to strip him of the "C".

F-ing @sshole.
Tell us how you really feel.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:00 PM   #38
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still trying to figure out what carp Mike brought that would cause the Stars to strip him of his "C".

Are Armstrong/Tippett not fans of Seafood? or perhaps had a carp do them wrong in the past?

Old 06-07-2007, 11:50 AM   #39
Smiles
Diamond Member

For Immediate Release – June 7, 2007

FRISCO, Tex. – Dallas Stars General Manager Doug Armstrong announced today that the club has re-signed center Stu Barnes to a one-year deal ($900,000) for the 2007-08 season.

Barnes and Armstrong will be made available to the media in the Dallas Stars locker room at the Dr Pepper StarCenter in Frisco at 2:30 p.m. today.

“Stu provides several positive attributes to our organization, including leadership and commitment,” said Armstrong. “We believe in his abilities to make us a better hockey team and we are happy to have him back.”

Barnes, 36, was one of three Dallas players to appear in all 82 games last season, posting 13 goals and 12 assists for 25 points. The 5-11, 182-pound center appeared in his 1,000th career NHL game on Nov. 30 at Washington. During the 2007 playoffs against Vancouver, he tied for the team lead in points (4) and tied for second in assists (3).

Since being acquired from the Buffalo Sabres on March 10, 2003, Barnes has registered 41 goals and 56 assists for 97 points in 250 games with Dallas. The Spruce Grove, Alberta, native has also played in 29 playoff games with the Stars, collecting four goals and seven assists for 11 points.

A veteran of 15 NHL seasons with Winnipeg (1991-1994), Florida (1994-1997), Pittsburgh (1997-1999), Buffalo (1999-2003), and Dallas (2003-2007), Barnes has scored 249 goals and 325 assists for 574 points in 1,057 games. He produced his best offensive season with Pittsburgh in 1997-98, tallying 30 goals and 35 assists for 65 points in 78 contests.

Over his 107 career playoff games, Barnes has notched 28 goals and 31 assist for 59 points, including nine game-winning goals. He has played in two Stanley Cup Finals over his career, with Florida in 1996 and with Buffalo in 1999. He was named as the Sabres’ 11th captain in team history on Oct. 4, 2001.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:53 AM   #40
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Mike Modano is with Willa Ford??

I used to have the biggest crush on her, afer her music video for "I Wanna Be Bad"

that's funny to me

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote