Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-30-2002, 12:03 AM   #1
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I just got a new cell phone today so I thought I'd start up this thread. I don't think it's ever been done before, I'm too lazy to check. So...what's your:

Provider - AT&T
Phone - Nokia 3360
Rate - 29.99 (cheapest one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] 250 anytime, 3000 night and weekends)
(and for Veruca)Ringtone - Scar Tissue RHCP

I know this is kinda stupid, so no need to tell me that, but anything to break the monotony of the summer!
Old 08-30-2002, 12:17 AM   #2
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

AT&T
ericsson t68
rate plan: $39.99
700 anytime, unlimited nights and weekends, free long distance
ringtone: i think its hard knock life, but im not sure.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 02:49 AM   #3
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

Telstra
Siemens c45
pre paid...and i have no idea what the rate is, as i haven't bothered
buying a recharge card in the longest time. i just sit around waiting
for people to call me.
spread your love - black rebel motorcycle club

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 07:23 AM   #4
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Sprint
Qualcom
Plan: $75
1800 Anytime Minutes
4000 Night and Weekend
Free Long Distance

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 10:05 AM   #5
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Cingular
Ericcson T60
$35/month
200 Anytime minutes
3500 Night and Weekend minutes
Free roaming, ALWAYS! (in the main 48 states)
Free long distance

ring tones are for TRL-type people. hehe [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

..additionally, I'd like to mention that I've used a total of, including nights and weekends, about 160 minutes each of the last two months.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 10:10 AM   #6
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

My plan stinks:

SprintPCS
$39.99
350 anytime
3650 night/weekend

I hear that if you try to cancel with Sprint, they'll offer you an unlisted "member retention" plan that consists of 500 anytime, 3000 night/weekend, $70 credit..all for $35. I totally need to check that out.

Oh and I just got a new phone from my sis for my bday (Sept 11) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Perfect phone for me right now since I'm not a big fan of flip-phones.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 01:12 PM   #7
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

Don't have a portable phone. Would have to be payed a minimum of $50 a month to own one.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 02:10 AM   #8
Kat

Kat is on a distinguished road

Oh Hoop you made my day....got a true belly laugh out of that post[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2002, 04:07 AM   #9
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

Hey Rhylan, if you don't have a ringtone, how do you hear your
phone ringing? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 11:17 AM   #10
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

lol Veruca, it's ESP [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 01:17 AM   #11
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Of course, Rhylan could just have it set on vibrate and positioned in a sensitive place...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]