Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 04-26-2010, 02:42 PM   #561
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Dangit...at some point last night my F12 key flew right off my laptop. I should be able to push it back in, but I push and I push....and nothing. I can't think of single time I've used the F12 key....oh well.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2010, 03:04 PM   #562
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

So i get a call from my bank today because of some suspicious charges on my credit card. Someone rang up $200, $250, and $600 with a cloned card at gas stations in ohio and pennsylvania (I live in TN).

So i'm ranting cause:

A) I have no idea how this happened. My CC is only out of my sight briefly when i pay at restaurants, so it had to have happened then. So that really, really rubs me the wrong way.

B) What the hell can you buy with $600 at a gas station??? Just lottery tickets?

C) Now i have to update everything that auto-drafts from my CC

I do give lots of credit to my bank, though. They caught it early and are wiping out the charges.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:17 PM   #563
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I hate Chase banks. Every freaking time I go in there I just want to make a deposit and get out of there, but one of those f*ckers sitting at the desks says "oh hey I'll take care of you over here" so I say "no, I'm really in a hurry" which they respond with "oh ya we'll get it done quick".

So I go sit over there and he checks the account / checks / cash / whatever and puts it in a bag to have someone take it BEHIND the counter where I wanted to freaking go in the first place. While she's taking her sweet ass time getting my receipt he goes on to ask me about my address and phone numbers (which I've verified every time in there) and woah good news for me..GUESS WHAT FF1, YOU'RE QUALIFIED FOR THEIR NEW CREDIT CARD. Do you want to hear about the possible reward programs? Do you want to sign up for this? How bout that? NO THANKS. To top it all off I'm purposely being a dick about checking my watch every 3 seconds obviously signaling that I'm still "really in a hurry" and it doesn't change a damn thing.

Is it really unreasonable to expect to go into a bank every time without this crap? I just want to make a deposit. Apparently you can deposit checks at their ATMs now which I will probably start doing, but still.. it's just stupid to make this process so awful.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 09-16-2010 at 07:19 PM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:36 PM   #564
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Going into a bank is a completely foreign concept to me. I have been inside of a bank exactly once in...oh...five years? Maybe longer? And that was specifically because I had to talk to one of the special people at the pretty desks.

You've been able to deposit checks at at ATM's for years. Hell now you can deposit checks with your smartphone at some banks.

Also, at the very worst...drive through?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 09-16-2010 at 07:41 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:38 PM   #565
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Still, the process inside shouldn't be like that. If I want to talk to someone about my account I'll ask for it. If I want to deposit a check to a bank teller I should be able to do that and JUST that.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:42 PM   #566
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Still, the process inside shouldn't be like that. If I want to talk to someone about my account I'll ask for it. If I want to deposit a check to a bank teller I should be able to do that and JUST that.
Yeah I didn't mean to diminish your rant. You should tell that guy to shove it when he starts trying to sell you crap.

Was just struck by the odd concept of "going into a bank".

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 09-16-2010 at 07:43 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:45 PM   #567
fluid.forty.one

F**k UPS
Old 10-25-2010, 05:14 PM   #568
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
F**k UPS
I work for UPS and I completely agree with you.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:58 PM   #569
fluid.forty.one

Hey bike cop that just singled me out among 4000 other drivers also going 70 on a freaking FREEWAY (55 mph speed limit in a non-construction zone.. really???) to give me a $200 ticket.... F you.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:33 PM   #570
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hey bike cop that just singled me out among 4000 other drivers also going 70 on a freaking FREEWAY (55 mph speed limit in a non-construction zone.. really???) to give me a $200 ticket.... F you.
I always wondered if they do that...cause you're right, people fly through those zones.

Sorry, bro

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:50 PM   #571
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Is this the Dallas Cowboys GDT?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:02 PM   #572
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Is this the Dallas Cowboys GDT?
might as well be

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 11-07-2010, 09:19 PM   #573
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

The Dallas Cowboys 2010 season might be one of the most tragic things I've witnessed on television since September 11th, 2001.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:44 PM   #574
sike
The Preacha

So, does nothing get Wade fired?? Is really just a death march until the bitter end?

Last edited by sike; 11-07-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:08 PM   #575
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Um...if you wanted my help with something, you probably shouldn't have ended your request by wishing I get "cancer for Christmas".

Its good to be loved.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 11-11-2010 at 10:16 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:26 PM   #576
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Why is it that there is always something flying around in the sky causing some commotion?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:56 AM   #577
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

So my sister is on a date with this guy or something. She texts me:

"Trivia question: What is the only world capital named after a US President other than Washington?"

I immediately answer Monrovia, Liberia, because that's easy.

Her response: "Haha. This guy I'm with wants to go head to head with you. Who is buried in Grant's Tomb?"

I'm thinking, how old is this guy, eight? I answer the question literally. "Grant and his wife."

She says, "He wants to talk to you. He wants to ask you questions."

My response is basically that that would be incredibly dumb. Each of us could ask the other a million questions that the other doesn't know, because knowledge is obviously a relative thing. That he didn't understand that, though, basically told me that this dude is an idiot.

She, of course, comes back with "Grant and his wife are entombed there. No one is buried there, youngin'."

I slap myself in the face and text her, "Tell this ****tard dip**** to look up the definition of the word 'buried' and then he can start participating in adult conversation."

"He says the definition says you have to be below ground to be buried."

I have my dad look up 'bury' in our unabridged Webster's International Dictionary, and of course, the answer is, "to cover out of sight, as a corpse, in a grave, a tomb, or the ocean."

I get no response for a while. I eventually ask if he's too embarrassed to say anything, and I get this:

"You have a great command of the English language. I'm sure you'll go far in life."

This is a guy who decides to be condescending to me after playing a game that eight year olds do with their uncles at family reunions.

God, people are so freaking stupid.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:23 PM   #578
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

This really pisses me off... I can't sleep. Why can't I sleep? I can't stop coughing. Why can't I stop coughing? Well, I think I have some small foreign particles in my sinuses. Why? Probably from breaking/removing tile last week from my formal dining room and entry way. The dust was everywhere. I haven't been able to stop coughing since. So, I'm going to try a Sinus Rinse since nothing else has worked.

You may ask, why did you have to break/remove the tile with a sledgehammer? Well, because the person that I hired totally botched the job and I had to do what I could until I could get someone else hired to remove the flooring and install the wood floors. The guy was totally incompetent. And yes, it isn't fun firing your sister's husband especially when they need the money. But seriously, he cost me $1800-$2000 bucks with this botched flooring job.

Well, at least the wood flooring looks great.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:17 PM   #579
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

This really pisses me off... The boss of the company that I'm working for is such a freaking tool. He always uses excuses for not giving people raises such as "I can't afford to right now with income taxes due"... or "this new start up line is costing us too much so I can't right now." Well, this is a guy that basically paid himself as much as the rest of the company combined last year (only 9 of us total). He spends about $6000 a month in just personal expenses that get charged to the company such as "company vehicles" that get absolutely no company use... the "company boat".. "company trips to Vegas". He's basically a 28 year old guy that was literally in the right place at the right time. Every day, he does his best to piss it all away.

Anyways, just wanted to vent. The guy will get his some day when the IRS audits the company.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:56 PM   #580
Murphy3
Guru

Ok, I was just told that I couldn't hire a girl because she was good looking. She was by no means hot, but she was definitely attractive. Unfortunately, she was also the most qualified.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #581
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Me: I have nothing to do today.

Boss: Can you think of something someone else is doing that you might be able to help with?

Me: No.

Boss: How about you prep _______ demo?

Me: The last time you actually sent me on a demo was months ago. Asking me to prep for a standard demo now and not having me actually do the demo until months from now just means I'm going to forget it and need to learn it again later. It's a waste of time. Actually, a lot of the stuff you ask me to do is a waste of time. I feel very underutilized.

Boss: That sounds... bad. (pause) I don't know what to do.

a;dfha;ldgja;lsdhf;alskdjg;alsdf;lkjasdg

Get me out of here.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #582
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Is there anything more f***ing annoying than hitting the curb with your car's wheel? The rim only has a small scratch, but the tire has a stupid bulge in it now. Wonderful. One of those days...

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100% saturated fluff, blinded by the fluff, clean fluffy slate, fluff eater, got a bit fluffy in here, mother fluffer, not in on the fluff