Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 07-01-2022, 12:52 PM   #921
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Malcolm Brogdon?.given away for free. Damn good deal for the Celtics?.
Trade details just for context:

Adrian Wojnarowski: The Indiana Pacers are trading guard Malcolm Brogdon to the Boston Celtics, sources tell ESPN. 3 mins ago ? via Twitter wojespn

Adrian Wojnarowski: The Celtics are sending Daniel Theis, Aaron Nesmith and a 2023 first-round pick, sources tell ESPN. 3 mins ago ? via Twitter wojespn
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2022, 01:01 PM   #922
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Brunson was tired of Luka being his daddy
I know this won't be a popular opinion but both KP and JB wanted more of a bigger role for their futures.

Brunson mighty not have been as vocal as KP but at the end of the day they both wanted the same thing (bigger role/be the lead guy)

Moving forward despite having Luka I just don't think top players are going to flock here unless it's through a trade.

KD never mentioned Dallas

Kyrie might have just stated Dallas because he was throwing teams together but he was never serious about wanting to come here.

Lavine and Beal same situation I just don't think those types of guys will make Dallas their 1st or 2nd choice.

THis stuff happened with Dirk as well and yes we consider Luka a super star but when we say why wouldn't other stars want to play with Luka well I just don't think he has that type of gravit/pull around the league.

Luka is ball dominant and it does take certain type of players to play with him. I do commend JB because he really did a great job adjusting to playing off Luka which most other guys like a Lavine or Beal might not be willing to adjust.

I could be wrong but I feel as if the Mavs will always have to win with depth alongside Luka as opposed to a 2nd star player actually coming here willingly on his own.

This is heady right down the same path as Dirk and we just have to hope that one of these rosters with role players playing out of their minds one year will be enough to get Luka that ring here in Dallas.

Last edited by Dallas41; 07-01-2022 at 01:03 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 01:14 PM   #923
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Trade details just for context:

Adrian Wojnarowski: The Indiana Pacers are trading guard Malcolm Brogdon to the Boston Celtics, sources tell ESPN. 3 mins ago ? via Twitter wojespn

Adrian Wojnarowski: The Celtics are sending Daniel Theis, Aaron Nesmith and a 2023 first-round pick, sources tell ESPN. 3 mins ago ? via Twitter wojespn
Yeah that's almost nothing. Their pick will be in the 20's, and neither of those players move the needle. They needed a pg to run the offense because they were sloppy with Smart running it. They might be back in the Finals.

Last edited by JustJay; 07-01-2022 at 01:16 PM.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 01:18 PM   #924
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Damn I would have liked Brogdon.

That KP trade just keeps biting us. The difference was the 2023 FRP.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 01:59 PM   #925
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I know this won't be a popular opinion but both KP and JB wanted more of a bigger role for their futures.

Brunson mighty not have been as vocal as KP but at the end of the day they both wanted the same thing (bigger role/be the lead guy)

Moving forward despite having Luka I just don't think top players are going to flock here unless it's through a trade.

KD never mentioned Dallas

Kyrie might have just stated Dallas because he was throwing teams together but he was never serious about wanting to come here.

Lavine and Beal same situation I just don't think those types of guys will make Dallas their 1st or 2nd choice.

THis stuff happened with Dirk as well and yes we consider Luka a super star but when we say why wouldn't other stars want to play with Luka well I just don't think he has that type of gravit/pull around the league.

Luka is ball dominant and it does take certain type of players to play with him. I do commend JB because he really did a great job adjusting to playing off Luka which most other guys like a Lavine or Beal might not be willing to adjust.

I could be wrong but I feel as if the Mavs will always have to win with depth alongside Luka as opposed to a 2nd star player actually coming here willingly on his own.

This is heady right down the same path as Dirk and we just have to hope that one of these rosters with role players playing out of their minds one year will be enough to get Luka that ring here in Dallas.
I can see wanting a bigger role for yourself, don't really care about Brunson at this point. People keep bringing up we could have signed him mid season, just like DoDo. What has been the sole source for that? Rick fucking Brunson..."multiple reports" but all with the same source. I doubt it went down that way...

KD is a bitch and picked the two top seeds as his destinations. He's a ring chaser. For all his talent, I hope he gets looked down upon when it's all said and done when discussing top players of all time.

Kyrie was heavily linked to Dallas, Mavs said fuck no.

Lavine and Beal were never going to sign elsewhere, super maxes exist for a reason and they'd be leaving way too much on the table to go elsewhere. Look for them to be on different teams by year 3 of their respective deals.

I think Beal would actually be a perfect fit to Luka tbh all other players need the ball in their hands to create and succeed. I'm sure he'll be a target in a year or two.

I do think Luka will have more pull than Dirk did just because he's already rubbing elbows in all-star games and events since he's a teenager. And I don't share the same sentiment players won't be enticed to play with a top 3 player in the league and what is becoming one of the more player friendly, top coaching staffs in the league. Mavs will be fine. Need to gain the flexibility back, it will be helpful to be able to trade picks now.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 02:03 PM   #926
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I can see wanting a bigger role for yourself, don't really care about Brunson at this point. People keep bringing up we could have signed him mid season, just like DoDo. What has been the sole source for that? Rick fucking Brunson..."multiple reports" but all with the same source. I doubt it went down that way...

KD is a bitch and picked the two top seeds as his destinations. He's a ring chaser. For all his talent, I hope he gets looked down upon when it's all said and done when discussing top players of all time.

Kyrie was heavily linked to Dallas, Mavs said fuck no.

Lavine and Beal were never going to sign elsewhere, super maxes exist for a reason and they'd be leaving way too much on the table to go elsewhere. Look for them to be on different teams by year 3 of their respective deals.

I think Beal would actually be a perfect fit to Luka tbh all other players need the ball in their hands to create and succeed. I'm sure he'll be a target in a year or two.

I do think Luka will have more pull than Dirk did just because he's already rubbing elbows in all-star games and events since he's a teenager. And I don't share the same sentiment players won't be enticed to play with a top 3 player in the league and what is becoming one of the more player friendly, top coaching staffs in the league. Mavs will be fine. Need to gain the flexibility back, it will be helpful to be able to trade picks now.
So you're saying it's a lie that we didn't offer him 4 years/55 mil. So that means we did offer him 4 years/55 mil and he turned it down. Where are the reports that that happened anywhere? Just give me one. How do you guys seem to know that the source all leads back to Rick Brunson and that he was lying yet you have no proof of your claim.

Per ESPN?s Tim MacMahon, The former Villanova star was eligible to sign a $55.5 million extension with the Mavs last summer, but they never even discussed it with Brunson after his playoff struggles against the Clippers. That said, once he broke out in January and started to thrive, Dallas came calling with the new deal right after the trade deadline in February. However, Brunson simply wanted to finish the season and focus on the task at hand.

Last edited by JustJay; 07-01-2022 at 02:06 PM.
Old 07-01-2022, 02:47 PM   #927
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post
So you're saying it's a lie that we didn't offer him 4 years/55 mil. So that means we did offer him 4 years/55 mil and he turned it down. Where are the reports that that happened anywhere? Just give me one. How do you guys seem to know that the source all leads back to Rick Brunson and that he was lying yet you have no proof of your claim.

Per ESPN?s Tim MacMahon, The former Villanova star was eligible to sign a $55.5 million extension with the Mavs last summer, but they never even discussed it with Brunson after his playoff struggles against the Clippers. That said, once he broke out in January and started to thrive, Dallas came calling with the new deal right after the trade deadline in February. However, Brunson simply wanted to finish the season and focus on the task at hand.
Makes sense if Dallas offered a deal to him and also extended DFS at the same time. All of it is bad timing, and Donnie Nelson is still ultimately responsible.

What is inexcusable is basically trashing us at the end not giving us a meeting. His dad just didn't like us and wanted him in NY. I mean, our 110 was more than their 104 offer overall, so it's really not about the money. I'm sure the Mavs woulda come up a bit too, but even 5/125 wasn't going to change anything.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 02:48 PM   #928
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Adrian Wojnarowski: Free agent center Kevon Looney has agreed to a three-year, $25.5M deal to return to Golden State, sources tell ESPN. ? via Twitter wojespn
Old 07-01-2022, 02:49 PM   #929
BPo001
Diamond Member

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
?
8m
The Timberwolves are sending Malik Beasley, Patrick Beverley, Walker Kessler, Jarred Vanderbilt and multiple first-round picks for Gobert, sources tell ESPN.
Old 07-01-2022, 02:54 PM   #930
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

It?s rough watching these teams get better while we?ve gotten worse.

There?s gotta be something we can do with that Powell expiring.
Old 07-01-2022, 02:55 PM   #931
BPo001
Diamond Member

Shams Charania: Free agent forward Derrick Jones Jr. has agreed to a two-year, $6.6 million deal to return to the Chicago Bulls, with player option in second season, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. ? via Twitter ShamsCharania
Old 07-01-2022, 02:59 PM   #932
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
?
8m
The Timberwolves are sending Malik Beasley, Patrick Beverley, Walker Kessler, Jarred Vanderbilt and multiple first-round picks for Gobert, sources tell ESPN.
Man, I'm SOOOOOOOOO glad we didn't give up our precious limited assets for Gobert.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 03:00 PM   #933
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
It?s rough watching these teams get better while we?ve gotten worse.

There?s gotta be something we can do with that Powell expiring.
TBH, I honestly think the addition of Wood plus THJ coming back actually will make us better than we were last season.

But yeah, everyone else is getting better too, so it's rough.
Old 07-01-2022, 03:00 PM   #934
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Three unprotected first round picks going to
The Jazz.

The Porzingis trade is going to haunt this franchise for however long Doncic is with this franchise.
Old 07-01-2022, 03:00 PM   #935
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

Double

Last edited by twistaeffect2004; 07-01-2022 at 03:01 PM.
twistaeffect2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 03:01 PM   #936
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Man, I'm SOOOOOOOOO glad we didn't give up our precious limited assets for Gobert.
Funny thing is Kessler is a lot like Gobert. And they get 5 firsts. That's just stupid.

Old 07-01-2022, 03:06 PM   #937
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

Quote:
TBH, I honestly think the addition of Wood plus THJ coming back actually will make us better than we were last season.

Yeah you could be right. Thank god we got Dinwiddie, it makes losing Brunson a little less painful. I?m also bullish on picking up Hardy in the draft.

I just need to believe that Powell?s expiring has to be worth something to some team.
Old 07-01-2022, 03:12 PM   #938
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
Yeah you could be right. Thank god we got Dinwiddie, it makes losing Brunson a little less painful. I?m also bullish on picking up Hardy in the draft.

I just need to believe that Powell?s expiring has to be worth something to some team.
Hardy is the real x factor here. If Hardy ends up being really good, quality NBA starting guard- like better than Brunson- then losing Brunson might have been a blessing in disguise in the long run. If he ends up being a star (trying not to get ahead myself here, but a lot of people do have him projected to be) then we could be really, really, really good.

But that's down the road, like year 2 or 3 for him. Next year might be a bit rough, with everyone getting so much better.
Old 07-01-2022, 03:31 PM   #939
Amarelooms

Amarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the rough

What?s this about sign and trade for sexton?
Amarelooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 03:38 PM   #940
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarelooms View Post
What?s this about sign and trade for sexton?
Looks like an unsubtantiated rumor from a while ago. For now.

Old 07-01-2022, 03:49 PM   #941
Amarelooms

Amarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the rough

Are we getting trade exception?
Old 07-01-2022, 04:07 PM   #942
JustJay

Jazz going to build around Spida or trade him too?
Old 07-01-2022, 04:25 PM   #943
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

Seriously thought what would it take to get Sexton here? They have a gluttony of point guards and he might be the odd man out
Old 07-01-2022, 04:29 PM   #944
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe he gets traded to the Knicks. He would be make a great addition to their backcourt. Nah.. Daddy Brunson would never allow it.
Old 07-01-2022, 04:34 PM   #945
JustJay

Someone on twitter pointed out if Gobert is worth 4 1st round picks, then KD is worth 10.
Old 07-01-2022, 04:47 PM   #946
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:

I agree with Wood

But they need to ship THJ somewhere else dude has been here 5 years now and really he hasn't changed much.

He got himself benched last year in favor of JB because of his poor shooting and defense.

I don't expect anything to change with him (play one good game followed up by 3-4 bad games)

If they can get a solid defensive wing with size I'd let him go asap.
Old 07-01-2022, 04:48 PM   #947
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Just waiting for news to break that he is requesting a trade to Miami
Old 07-01-2022, 04:49 PM   #948
BPo001
Diamond Member

Adrian Wojnarowski: The Jazz are landing four Minnesota first-round picks and 2022 first-round pick Walker Kessler in the deal for Rudy Gobert, source tells ESPN. 2 hours ago

Insane haul for Gobert. Wait and see what Kessler is, but seems like a fairly similar skill set with possibly better offense.
Old 07-01-2022, 04:53 PM   #949
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
I agree with Wood

But they need to ship THJ somewhere else dude has been here 5 years now and really he hasn't changed much.

He got himself benched last year in favor of JB because of his poor shooting and defense.

I don't expect anything to change with him (play one good game followed up by 3-4 bad games)

If they can get a solid defensive wing with size I'd let him go asap.
I don't think he's going to change either, but he's just another scoring option.

And yes I'd let him go to, but I'm not holing my breath, because apparently Nico shopped him around last season and nobody was interested. We'd likely have to include picks or something as a sweetener, and frankly I'd much rather just hold onto him for another year. He will become much more tradable as his contract gets shorter.
Old 07-01-2022, 05:01 PM   #950
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yeah that's almost nothing. Their pick will be in the 20's, and neither of those players move the needle. They needed a pg to run the offense because they were sloppy with Smart running it. They might be back in the Finals.

So fucking jealous of Boston

They get Brogdon while still keeping Tatum, Brown and Smart.

I could only imagine how he would have fit with Luka.

Had they got him I'd say it would have been a great move

Minnesota IMO added that defensive weapon they neded in Gobert.

Denver has really done a terrific job with the defensive additions they've made plus they get Murray and Porter back.

Portland could be sneaky good next year if they stay healthy

If Phoenix pulls this Durant trade off and LA get Kyrie that's not going to be good for Dallas.

But the team that really could take off is the Clippers with that deep roster they have.

I'm not too thrilled about Dragic but hey maybe they pull a surprise move and get Sexton
Old 07-01-2022, 05:02 PM   #951
Amarelooms

4 first round picks for limited offensive center is dumb. So you?ll have to give up 6-7 first round picks for Durant???
Old 07-01-2022, 05:06 PM   #952
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:

Yeah man I mean I don't get how or why the Celtics were able to get that deal done. If I'm getting a player of the caliber of Brogdon......to me those 1st rounders just don't matter if I'm on the hunt for a championship.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 05:07 PM   #953
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Yeah....damn....I know people will say those are a lot of 1st rounders and while I think its a good deal for the Jazz....if I'm trading for a all star I could care less about those 1sts.
Old 07-01-2022, 05:08 PM   #954
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Hardy is the real x factor here. If Hardy ends up being really good, quality NBA starting guard- like better than Brunson- then losing Brunson might have been a blessing in disguise in the long run. If he ends up being a star (trying not to get ahead myself here, but a lot of people do have him projected to be) then we could be really, really, really good.

But that's down the road, like year 2 or 3 for him. Next year might be a bit rough, with everyone getting so much better.
Not to be a party pooper here but to me the situations are isolated because we could've had Brunson here with Hardy. Now I'm not entirely stuck on Brunson. I wanted us to traded him last year because I didn't see us having any draft capital. Probably wouldn't have netted us much...who knows. I can't cry over spilled milk in regards to that but I do wish we could've got something for Brunson. Anything.
Old 07-01-2022, 05:09 PM   #955
JustJay

Quote:
So fucking jealous of Boston

They get Brogdon while still keeping Tatum, Brown and Smart.

I could only imagine how he would have fit with Luka.

Had they got him I'd say it would have been a great move

Minnesota IMO added that defensive weapon they neded in Gobert.

Denver has really done a terrific job with the defensive additions they've made plus they get Murray and Porter back.

Portland could be sneaky good next year if they stay healthy

If Phoenix pulls this Durant trade off and LA get Kyrie that's not going to be good for Dallas.

But the team that really could take off is the Clippers with that deep roster they have.

I'm not too thrilled about Dragic but hey maybe they pull a surprise move and get Sexton
Celtics are loaded: Smart, Tatum, Brown, Brogdon, Horford, White, Gallinari, Time Lord, Grant Williams, Pritchard
Old 07-01-2022, 05:13 PM   #956
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Good god, Minnesota is so dumb

1) Mavs just showed the world that Gobert could be negated. He's still a very good rebounder and good defender, but that's not superstar.

2) Superstars have been getting three picks. They gave FIVE for Gobert? Shit.

3) Anthony Edwards talked so much @#$% about Gobert. It's gonna be awkward.

4) No way KAT and Gobert can play together. The NBA allows between 0-1 bruisers in the middle. KAT got abused. Gobert got abused. Now they want to play both?

5) Gobert's next step was going to be setting picks and rolling for oops. Wolves threw away their only passing PG.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 05:13 PM   #957
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Not to be a party pooper
Then don't.

Quote:
here but to me the situations are isolated because we could've had Brunson here with Hardy.
Apparently we couldn't have because he wasn't even willing to meet with the Mavs.

So, glass if half full take here- if Hardy turns out to be something, then it's a bloated $25 million dollar contract we don't have to worry about moving, because long run, we'd probably have to include a sweetener of some kind to move it.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 07-01-2022 at 05:16 PM.
Old 07-01-2022, 05:27 PM   #958
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Celtics are loaded: Smart, Tatum, Brown, Brogdon, Horford, White, Gallinari, Time Lord, Grant Williams, Pritchard
I mean they made the Finals and improved like that. Gotta give them their due...that's a damn good team. All a nice balance. No one is really a defensive liability. Brogdon should help with their point guard issues. I think they still go as far as Tatum takes them and with a offseason who knows how good he can get. Gotta admire what they've done.
Old 07-01-2022, 05:30 PM   #959
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Good god, Minnesota is so dumb

1) Mavs just showed the world that Gobert could be negated. He's still a very good rebounder and good defender, but that's not superstar.

2) Superstars have been getting three picks. They gave FIVE for Gobert? Shit.

3) Anthony Edwards talked so much @#$% about Gobert. It's gonna be awkward.

4) No way KAT and Gobert can play together. The NBA allows between 0-1 bruisers in the middle. KAT got abused. Gobert got abused. Now they want to play both?

5) Gobert's next step was going to be setting picks and rolling for oops. Wolves threw away their only passing PG.

Its a interesting route to take that's for sure. I won't call them stupid. They got Gobert for nothing as of right now. Those late round draft picks they won't miss.

KAT is a elite shooter....hell its probably at best for him to be at the 4. I don't see how this works but I want to see if it works. The NBA is getting smaller.....but those are two great big men.

If ANT can take the next step and be the teams best player which he's on his way to be......T-Wolves may shock people. They improved defensively for sure.
Old 07-01-2022, 05:32 PM   #960
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Then don't.

Apparently we couldn't have because he wasn't even willing to meet with the Mavs.

So, glass if half full take here- if Hardy turns out to be something, then it's a bloated $25 million dollar contract we don't have to worry about moving, because long run, we'd probably have to include a sweetener of some kind to move it.
I'm more so referencing the fact that had he been a restricted free agent they wouldn't have lost him like they did. Brunson's contract and trying to take it wouldn't have bothered me. I've seen Bertans get traded. If that crap can get traded anyone can lol.