Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-06-2006, 08:36 AM   #41
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
He had an unbelievable run of cards, that's for sure.

He is a perfect example of why I do not have the mindset to play in a tournament like that yet. I would have jumped the table and punched him in mouth after the fifth "What are you doing!? I told you what I had!!" moment.

Ugg.
lol yeah. It would've been REALLY frustrating. I dont have any patience beyond a single table tournament at this point....I dont play as much I'd like, but I don't have the money.

also

U2....you're a confused dork
Old 10-06-2006, 03:51 PM   #42
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
He had an unbelievable run of cards, that's for sure.

He is a perfect example of why I do not have the mindset to play in a tournament like that yet. I would have jumped the table and punched him in mouth after the fifth "What are you doing!? I told you what I had!!" moment.

Ugg.

This probably belongs in another thread, but a lot of what he did was borderline collusion, and some was outright cheating. There exists a large segment of people that think he should have his title revoked. He's already going to (likely) lose half his winnings anyway due to an agreement that he made that he's trying to welch on.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 05:18 PM   #43
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see it. What happened?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 06:47 PM   #44
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Out of curiosity, how old are you, exactly?

29 years old... Cartoons are (somehow) the only good shows on TV & getting toasted is the only thing that keeps me from eating the screechy neighbor kids nextdoor (who said that drugs can't have a positive effect on society?)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-06-2006 at 06:49 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 08:47 PM   #45
Carolina Blue

Carolina Blue is on a distinguished road

Nip/Tuck
Heroes
Grey's Anatomy
The Daily Show
The Colbert Report
Entourage and pretty much anything else on HBO
Old 10-08-2006, 11:27 PM   #46
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Shows I'm currently watching:
Lost
Battlestar Galactica
The Wire
Flavor of Love

Shows I'm currently waiting to start again:
Rome
New Family Guy episodes (coming next weekend)
Deadwood (or at least the series ending mini-series)
Top Chef
The Sopranos (final half-season)

Last edited by Evilmav2; 10-08-2006 at 11:29 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:31 AM   #47
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
This probably belongs in another thread, but a lot of what he did was borderline collusion, and some was outright cheating. There exists a large segment of people that think he should have his title revoked. He's already going to (likely) lose half his winnings anyway due to an agreement that he made that he's trying to welch on.
I totally missed this when it was posted...

YES, there was the one very obvious moment where he took out a guy and showed obvious signs of collusion with the guy. I'd love to see unedited video of those two playing at the same table for an extended time.

What did he do that has been called outright cheating? I haven't been reading rec.gambling.poker lately, maybe I should go have a look around.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:39 AM   #48
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I totally missed this when it was posted...

YES, there was the one very obvious moment where he took out a guy and showed obvious signs of collusion with the guy. I'd love to see unedited video of those two playing at the same table for an extended time.

What did he do that has been called outright cheating? I haven't been reading rec.gambling.poker lately, maybe I should go have a look around.
Wow I havent heard anything about this at all...

anybody got any links?
Old 10-09-2006, 11:37 AM   #49
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
Lost
Battlestar Galactica
The Wire
Flavor of Love

Shows I'm currently waiting to start again:
Rome
New Family Guy episodes (coming next weekend)
Deadwood (or at least the series ending mini-series)
Top Chef
The Sopranos (final half-season)
wow - you actually admitted that you watch Flava of Love?? I too watch it, but I didn't want to admit it. oops, guess I just did! it has the train wreck feature - you can't help but watch but feel really terrible that you are watching.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 02:36 PM   #50
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Well I'm adding College Gameday to my list of shows....

http://www.deadspin.com/assets/resou...LovesCock2.jpg
Old 10-09-2006, 10:08 PM   #51
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Futurama (now my favorite cartoon show, ever)
Family Guy
Colbert Report
Always Sunny in Philadelphia (still new to it, but I like)
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Seinfeld re-runs
I Shouldn't Be Alive (on Discovery channel - great production for this type of show with some unbelievable stories)
South Park
PTI
The Office
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:12 PM   #52
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

like that list, untitled.

by the by...both "Heroes" and "Studio 60" were good tonight...I still think Heroes may be a one season wonder...but "60" looks to have the goods...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:19 PM   #53
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I got 10 minutes into the first Heroes and got uninterested. Not fair, I know. But I have them all recorded and one day soon I intend to get caught up.

But Studio 60 is a good.

The only shows I regularly watch are:

Lost
New Adventures of Old Christine (Elaine!!!!)

I try to catch, but not a stopdown for me:

CSI Miami (I only watch this to laugh at Heratio. He cracks me up with his little "billy bad-@#$" comments)
Boston Legal

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 10-09-2006 at 10:29 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:26 PM   #54
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

^^^^ I stand at attention at the sight of the true U2!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-09-2006, 10:27 PM   #55
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone tried "The Nine"? It debuted after Lost. I just watched the pilot. I don't really have a good feel for it...it could be good...it could suck.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:31 PM   #56
sike
The Preacha

watched and recorded it, mar, but like you...I don't know what to think yet....

A whole bunch of critics seem to like it...but I'm not sure...It'll need to get a whole lot more interesting in the next episode to keep me.

Old 10-09-2006, 10:36 PM   #57
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Yeah how about that Jamie Gold guy who ends up winning?

I can believe some of things he says, or the freaking great cards he picks up. unbelievable.
I hate Jamie Gold so much.

"Mr Chang, I'm doing good right? I mean, I had better cards than him, and I bet a lot, and he went in!! I totally owned that guy right? Tell me I'm doing good, cause I am right?"

Never seen someone that insecure in my life. I really wanted Negranu (however you spell it) or Ivey to win.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:37 PM   #58
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
I hate Jamie Gold so much.

"Mr Chang, I'm doing good right? I mean, I had better cards than him, and I bet a lot, and he went in!! I totally owned that guy right? Tell me I'm doing good, cause I am right?"

Never seen someone that insecure in my life. I really wanted Negranu (however you spell it) or Ivey to win.
or how about Allen Cunningham? that guy is a freakin class act.

Old 10-09-2006, 10:43 PM   #59
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a big Cunningham fan too. I hate Jamie Gold that much more because of it. I think he gave Allen a bunch of disrespect at that table. I think Jamie thinks he's a better player cause he got a couple of really lucky flops.

Well more than a couple... Would be sweet to find out he was involved in collusion.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:45 PM   #60
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Are y'all talking about "The Nine" now?
Old 10-09-2006, 10:45 PM   #61
sike
The Preacha

well sadly, he outplayed Allen C. on several hands...hands where, Allen was ahead and failed to force Gold out...and of course as is custom, Gold would make his hand by the turn or river.

the roll that guy was on was indeed sickening...

Old 10-09-2006, 10:46 PM   #62
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
indeed....and WSOP final table...

Old 10-09-2006, 11:04 PM   #63
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2

Battlestar Galactica

oh man, gotta love Battelstar. I dont have cable so I have to wait for the DVD versions. I'm a year behind, but its damn nice to watch them back-to-back.

Last edited by Ninkobei; 10-10-2006 at 01:29 PM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:31 PM   #64
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
I just watched it about an hour ago. What did you think?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:02 AM   #65
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Has anyone tried "The Nine"? It debuted after Lost. I just watched the pilot. I don't really have a good feel for it...it could be good...it could suck.
I watched it, and it's gonna need to grab my attention in the next couple episodes. I thought it was very "meh".

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 10-12-2006, 11:07 AM   #66
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Did anyone watch "30 Rock" last night?

Talk about awful.....the characters are not interesting, the acting was really sub par.... And more importantly, it wasn't funny. What a terrible pilot....
Old 10-12-2006, 11:17 AM   #67
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Did anyone watch "30 Rock" last night?

Talk about awful.....the characters are not interesting, the acting was really sub par.... And more importantly, it wasn't funny. What a terrible pilot....
I'm completely uninterested. Tina Fey is about as overrated at they get, and Tracy Morgan, if not being Brian Fellow, is not funny.

Glad to hear I didn't miss anything.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 10-12-2006 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:20 AM   #68
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
I'm completely uninterested. Tina Fey is about as overrated at they get, and Tracy Morgan, if not being Brian Fellow, is not funny.

yeah, I won't be wasting my time again. Which is fine, because once hockey and baskebtall get into full swing, my wednesdays are usually tied up anyways.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:29 AM   #69
sike
The Preacha

indeed....what a waste of Alec Baldwin's genius!!!!...two spares from the spare SNL

Old 10-12-2006, 12:21 PM   #70
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I watched it...and thought it was genius! I could NEVER get enough Tina Fey. And Tracy Morgan is funny as hell.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:25 PM   #71
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I watched it...and thought it was genius! I could NEVER get enough Tina Fey. And Tracy Morgan is funny as hell.
sigh.

Old 10-12-2006, 02:07 PM   #72
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Joseph Christ.

This devil's chumdawg schtick is just schtick right?
Old 10-12-2006, 03:50 PM   #73
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
Joseph Christ.

This devil's chumdawg schtick is just schtick right?
I hope so. that show was about as quality as a Ben Wallace free throw....
Old 10-13-2006, 01:05 AM   #74
sike
The Preacha

Exclamation

Quote:
I hope so. that show was about as quality as a Ben Wallace free throw....
genius.

Old 10-13-2006, 01:09 AM   #75
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a new half hour hoops talk show on NBATV. It is hosted by Charles Barkley, Stephen A. Smith and Bill Walton. They are calling it dipshit501 for some reason.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:12 AM   #76
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

You'd hit that.

Last edited by Drbio; 10-13-2006 at 01:13 AM.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:16 AM   #77
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio

You'd hit that.
does she have a scar around her mouth...I've always wondered cause her mouth always looks a bit odd

Last edited by sike; 10-13-2006 at 01:17 AM.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:37 AM   #78
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio

You'd hit that.
Never said I wouldn't. But she's not funny.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-13-2006, 09:21 AM   #79
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

so The Office wasn't all that great last night IMO.....
Old 10-13-2006, 10:05 AM   #80
sike
The Preacha

it really wasn't...which is odd.

Tags
dary, dvr fail, fluff warning, fluffhouse 92, fluffy envy, got a bit fluffy in here, its getting fluff in here, legen, legendaryfail, shut the fluff up!, tag wasting, wait for it, you married your tv?