Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-02-2009, 04:17 PM   #7561
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

lol new promo for the first pre-season game on monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XPbAvurGV0

Last edited by Jon Avalon; 10-02-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Jon Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2009, 04:31 PM   #7562
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Avalon View Post

LOL

I love this team already.

Also... it's funny, Matt Carroll looks like he has more rhythm than Drew Gooden or JJB. That lasso dance they were both doing were embarrassingly bad.

Last edited by twistaeffect2004; 10-02-2009 at 04:32 PM.
twistaeffect2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:37 PM   #7563
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Avalon View Post

They spelled Dirk's name sooooo wrong.

Dirk Nowizsky. That's just great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!

Last edited by Nowitzki4President; 10-02-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:08 AM   #7564
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Hears some footage of the guys having fun....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_9Sz...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ue9p...eature=related

Last edited by Thomas86; 10-03-2009 at 08:09 AM.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:24 AM   #7565
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XP5DnPTDkM&NR=1

New and Improved.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:48 AM   #7566
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
Is he at all aware of his paleness? Methinks he might have accidentally picked up J Ho's iPod in the locker room.
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:06 AM   #7567
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

[waiting for the GDT]
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:47 PM   #7568
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
Well I guess the front office didn't agree with you...
So how are you going to argue your point that the frontoffice thinks Jawai is good when in pre-season they'd rather play camp fodder like Voskuhl instead of Jawai? I think the door is closing on your ability to pwn me with my obvious wrongness about Jawai
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:23 PM   #7569
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I have to get used to that we have a 5 that can actually score

Last edited by sefant77; 10-05-2009 at 10:24 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:27 PM   #7570
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Gooden showed a lot of moves tonight. I was pleasantly surprised.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:50 PM   #7571
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

When I read Gina Miller's report from the first preseason game that Fish linked to, which is a good read but doesn't deliver much newsworthy, this fashion part made me laugh:
Quote:
(Josh Howard) made news for what he wore. It was a unique dark wool jacket (more on that later) that had light purple, quarter-inch piping around the lapel. The pocket featured a custom-made 28 design. Very cute, I thought. Very preppy-chic and Rugby by Ralph Lauren-esque. I told him how much I liked the look and he said he had it custom-made for his birthday (yes, THAT birthday which he celebrated with that ill-timed party). He also said Shawn Marion (who was sitting out with a sore calf) was giving him crap about it and to tell Marion that I thought it was cool.

So, with nothing else better to do after the game, I did. Marion, who apparently also had nothing else better to do, was stunned. He couldn’t believe I liked it and told me it was wrong on many levels: color, design and material. I told him the design was fresh and fun but he interrupted and said “It’s WOOL!”
I was even more stunned he knew that. I’m with him that it might be too warm to wear the wool jacket but I was just curious how he knew: did he touch the wool jacket? Did look at the label to find out? I couldn’t get that answer out of him but I did determine he knows a few things about clothes.
Really looking forward to five years of Marion interviews! Even if I need transcripts to understand what he said. Fortunately my German ears are slowly getting used to him.

http://insidecorner.dmagazine.com/20...wards-threads/

Last edited by mavErika; 10-08-2009 at 01:18 PM. Reason: link
Old 10-08-2009, 01:33 PM   #7572
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

I think Howard should be banned from wearing anything that includes "piping" of any kind.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:27 PM   #7573
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a Ball Don't Lie article about Cuban's quotes from Tuesday where he said that the Mavs this year are better than the '06 Finals squad:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba,194858

Discuss amongst yourselves.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:57 PM   #7574
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Well of course he's going to say that, but to me it comes down to is Gooden/Damp better than Diop/Damp from then. That's not an automatic "yes" because both Damp and Diop played well that season and Damp is older.

And even if we are slightly better it doesn't matter because teams around the league have gotten better since then. (Lakers, Celtics, Spurs etc..) It doesn't automatically make us champs because we're better than the 06 runner-ups.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 10-08-2009 at 07:58 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:11 PM   #7575
FunkyTownFwehah

FunkyTownFwehah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I know it's just one preseason game, but I told you the dude was an underrated jump shooter. He hit 3 or 4 17-20 footers.
FunkyTownFwehah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:27 PM   #7576
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know, but i'm pumped for this season.

Just got it in this afternoon.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:38 PM   #7577
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

That new uni is beast.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:35 PM   #7578
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
Well of course he's going to say that, but to me it comes down to is Gooden/Damp better than Diop/Damp from then. That's not an automatic "yes" because both Damp and Diop played well that season and Damp is older.

And even if we are slightly better it doesn't matter because teams around the league have gotten better since then. (Lakers, Celtics, Spurs etc..) It doesn't automatically make us champs because we're better than the 06 runner-ups.
Did you even read the link? It said literally every single thing you just wrote.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:26 PM   #7579
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Did you even read the link? It said literally every single thing you just wrote.
Nope.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:38 PM   #7580
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

New Mavs practice video and yes Marion is in it....Rep me!!

http://www.nba.com/mavericks/multime...009_10_08.html
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:53 PM   #7581
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
I don't know, but i'm pumped for this season.

Just got it in this afternoon.
Ugh, I hate to wait for my birthday for my Marion one .

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:58 PM   #7582
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

You're all going to forum hell for continuing to use this thread.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:05 PM   #7583
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

What thread should we post random stuff in?

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:08 PM   #7584
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe a General Mavs Discussion thread? So that people can just post random Mavs stuff like this one?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:03 AM   #7585
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

THE OFFSEASON IS OVER

[/end thread]

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:05 AM   #7586
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

We can still use it as Dustchip countdown
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:51 AM   #7587
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Gooden/Damp is automatically better than Diop/Damp, and we have Marion. It may not be enough but we also have Carlisle instead of Avery.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:49 AM   #7588
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
You're all going to forum hell for continuing to use this thread.
My bad, I didn't realize.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:51 AM   #7589
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute
Default Singleton willing to compete for spot

Dallas Mavericks' Singleton willing to compete for spot

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.2e12952.html

By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News

WASHINGTON – The Mavericks' top four players in points and minutes played are back from last season's team.

That would suggest continuity. But as James Singleton looks around, he sees changes everywhere – particularly when it comes to attitude.

"On paper and visually, I think we're a lot better team than we were last year," Singleton said. "Last year, we all thought we were a good team on paper. But we just couldn't put it together. This year, I see a totally different team."

Different in that Shawn Marion, Drew Gooden, Tim Thomas and Quinton Ross have been shuffled into the deck, while Jerry Stackhouse, Antoine Wright, Brandon Bass and Devean George have been discarded.

It's impossible not to recognize that's an upgrade in talent.

But Singleton sees more than just better weapons.

"We've had chemistry from the first day of camp because everybody here is basically our team," he said, referring to the fact that the Mavericks will only have to trim one guaranteed contract from the roster before the season starts. "And we have so much more versatility than we had last year. We have four or five players who can guard multiple positions. We didn't have that last year.

"And everybody knows coach [Rick] Carlisle's system. That right there is really important. Last year, we were up in the air about playing time, systems, what's expected of us. Now everybody knows."

Singleton is among those who have gained a comfort zone. He averaged 5.1 points and 4.0 rebounds in 62 games last season. He was ninth on the team in minutes.

He re-signed with the Mavericks even though the team's depth has vastly improved, which probably will make it tougher for him to find playing time.

He's OK with that. Singleton is not afraid to work for his minutes. In fact, he prefers it that way.

"I'm going to make stuff happen when I'm out there," he said. "It's crowded with this roster. But being one of the guys coming off the bench, you know the guys on the floor, no matter who it is, are quality players. We can back up two or three deep at every position."

Working in Singleton's favor is his ability to guard virtually any position. Last season, the 6-8 forward found himself guarding San Antonio point guard Tony Parker on pick-and-roll switches.

"He's been playing well and he's like a lot of guys we have who are competing for spots," Carlisle said. "It's a very competitive situation, and we'll see how it goes and who wins the jobs."

Kidd takes a seat: Point guard Jason Kidd sat out the last few minutes of Thursday's scrimmage after taking a misstep onto a teammate's foot.

The Mavericks said it was nothing serious, and Kidd made the trip to Washington, where the Mavericks play the Wizards tonight. Also on the trip are Josh Howard and Tim Thomas, though neither will play.

Wizards on the upswing? The Wizards that await the Mavericks tonight won't look much like the team that languished in the lottery last season. Gilbert Arenas is back, and newcomers Randy Foye and Mike Miller make the Wizards a vastly improved club.

"I expect them to probably be the most improved team in the league this year in terms of wins," Carlisle said. "They're three deep with All-Star players. They're going to be one of the teams in the hunt in the East this year."
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:16 AM   #7590
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
We can still use it as Dustchip countdown
As long as the Dustchip is not going to be "used" the same way as the Buckshot...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:25 AM   #7591
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Is anyone aware of if Josh or Marion are going to play tonight against the Wiz?

Quote:
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:52 AM   #7592
mavErika
Golden Member

Quote:
Is anyone aware of if Josh or Marion are going to play tonight against the Wiz?
Marion is going to play for sure, and Josh won't play until the latter part of preseason - I think I've even heard someone saying he won't play until the last week of preseason.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #7593
Houstonian

Houstonian is on a distinguished road

Just wanted to pass along this preview of the Mavericks from a Houston Rockets blog, it's an interview with a Mavericks blogger haha

http://rocketdunks.com/2009/10/09/di...las-mavericks/
Houstonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:02 PM   #7594
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Maybe, just maybe Carroll isn't worthless. Yeah I'm being optimistic but he may even get some burn. This was on db.com..

Quote:
WHITE-HOT CARROLL: Matt Carroll was so astoundingly hot during a series of 3-point-shooting drills that teammates including Dirk Nowitzki paused to watch the show.

Carroll paused, too.

After moving around the arc to the five pre-determined spots (and doing especially well from the right corner), he sprinted up the stairs leading from the AAC practice gym to the locker room. I asked him for a moment of his time ...

“Oh, I’ll be back,’’ he said.

Carroll simply needed to run upstairs for a moment. Then he returned, talked with me for a few minutes … and jogged back out onto the floor for another jaw-dropping 3-point display.

“My shot feels good, and yeah, I’m confident,’’ Carroll told me. “But I’m also more confident in my situation with the team.’’

Last year, of course, Carroll was a midseason acquisition joining a successful squad. There was never quite a fit there.

“That was especially true because the team was doing well, so there was no reason to disrupt or change what was happening,’’ Carroll said. “That just makes it hard for a new guy to find a niche.’’

How frequently he’ll get a chance to play the role of 3-point specialist still isn’t known. But, with a half-year and Lasik surgery part of his foundation, he certainly is re-convincing teammates that he can do it.

“I’ve got a new nickname for him,’’ Kris Humphries told Quinton Ross as players watched Carroll’s marksmanship. “He’s ‘Matt The Machine.’’’

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 10-09-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:26 PM   #7595
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe, just maybe Carroll isn't worthless. Yeah I'm being optimistic but he may even get some burn. This was on db.com..
Matt Carroll = the future

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:40 PM   #7596
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

No, Matt Carroll = The present!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:48 PM   #7597
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if this has been put up yet.

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/nba-blog/ar...s-ar50771.html

Quote:
Every day until the regular season begins, HoopsVibe the Blog will ask and answer an important question facing each of the NBA’s thirty teams. Weigh-in with thoughts on our Key Questions feature in the comment box below.

Today’s team: The Dallas Mavericks.

Key Question: Are the Dallas Mavericks the new San Antonio Spurs?

The Answer: Call it ‘The Texas Switcheroo’.

Typically, the San Antonio Spurs crept up on the NBA by quietly upgrading their roster during the off-season. They left the high-profile moves and controversial headlines to their Lone Star cousins, the Dallas Mavericks.

Not this summer.

The Spurs seized the golfing season spotlight by trading for versatile star Richard Jefferson and signing the dependable Antonio McDyess, while the Mavericks took a more understated route, building on their strong 2009 by re-upping with point guard Jason Kidd and adding Drew Gooden and Shawn Marion.

Now, in 2010, it’s Dallas, not San Antonio, who seem slept-on, overlooked and taken for granted. And with a potentially great starting unit and deep bench, Team Cuban could surprise come playoff time.

They should have an elite first-five. Eleven seasons into his Hall of Fame career, Dirk Nowitzki has shown little sign of slowing. The German will get his 25 points and 9 rebounds per night, but the Mavericks need him to lead and defend like he did during the latter part of last season.

Armed with a new three-year deal, Kidd will again handle the point-guard duties. No longer an elite table-setter, the veteran will serve as sideline boss Rick Carlisle’s on-court coach. In somewhat limited minutes, he’ll still post respectable assist and rebound numbers.

Kidd’s most important job will be to keep others happy, though. For instance, the temperamental Josh Howard needs consistent touches early in the game to re-establish himself as a star. Marion, also an emotional star, has to get his in the open court; Gooden excels when receiving regular service on the block.

Gooden, Howard, Kidd, Marion, and Nowitzki are all above average rebounders and defenders. So, as a group, they’re ideal for Carlisle’s get-stops system and, on both ends of the floor, match-up favourably against most starting units.

There is also great depth. Jason ‘The Jet’ Terry is a perennial Sixth Man of the Year candidate, while Erick Dampier and Tim Thomas provide insurance down-low. However, the energetic Jose Barea and tough James Singelton are worth watching. And several others are capable of filling a role in an emergency.

Not long ago, Dallas considering trading Nowitzki and starting over. Instead of following the conventional model of bottoming-out by trading assets for draft picks and cap space, they re-tooled on the fly around Nowitzki.

This was the right decision. The Mavericks are again relevant and dangerous. Only now, they’re sneaking up on opponents.

Prediction: 3rd in in the Western Conference, capable of challenging the league’s best.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:59 PM   #7598
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
I don't know if this has been put up yet.

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/nba-blog/ar...s-ar50771.html
Quote:
Not long ago, Dallas considering trading Nowitzki and starting over.
Did I miss something? When were we going to trade Dirk?? Back when we rejected Kobe for him???

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 06:02 PM   #7599
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Sometimes I think the people writing these articles just make up stuff to sound insightful.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:32 AM   #7600
Drew

Drew is on a distinguished road
Default NBA Fantasy League

Hi Mavs fans. I came here to invite one(and only 1) of you to defend the Mavs in this fantasy League.:

http://basketball.fantasysports.yaho...fend_your_team

ID: 225886
pw: only1fan

This League was created with one purpose: have only one fan of each team of the NBA team.

Greatings from Portugal.

And plz, in your team name add to your name something that identify that your are a Mav.

Oh and sorry for the offtopic. I can´t create a topic and I just want to pub this fantasy league(at least I said the truth ^^)
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bea > drew > erick, bea arthur could ball, bea arthur has balls, biedrins for the wins, boobsftw, damn bucksuckshot, flaco's purple nipples, mc pee pants?, oliwa?candy, ostertagtag?, tweetweet, who is this mcpants?