Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-09-2003, 09:31 PM   #1
Turkey
Banned

Turkey can only hope to improve
Default Walker, Fineley, and Tariq for Gasol & Swift

I fell in love with Gasol last year when he was playing with a broken thing.
Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2003, 09:36 PM   #2
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future
Default RE:Walker, Fineley, and Tariq for Gasol & Swift

A broken thing? ...it's a shame personal problems find their way to the basket ball court. Good for him he overcame such an afflictive injury ...im sure it was painful

..sorry, couldn't resist

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 09:45 PM   #3
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Turkey
they would not part with Pau....they think he's the franchise...

was this really something that needed a thread?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 09:46 PM   #4
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Did you really say Walker, Fin and TAW for Gasol and Swift?

Look there´s something like salaries in the NBA. In most cases these salaries do have to match or at least be close if you want to trade player a for player b.

In the case you posted you´d have to throw in about the whole Grizz roster to make the trade work financially.

I´d close the thread but mod functions don´t seem to work for me in the trade forum right now. Strange.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 09:55 PM   #5
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

lol .. well atleast this thread, although short lived, served well for it's comical attributes.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 10:25 PM   #6
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Walker, Fineley, and Tariq for Gasol & Swift

give the guy a break...hes just hoping for something great
Old 11-09-2003, 10:48 PM   #7
mavsfan4life

mavsfan4life is on a distinguished road

are you high, Finley and Walker!
Old 11-10-2003, 10:36 PM   #8
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Who knows but Celtics and Golden State were high for giving us Antwan Jamison and Antoine Walker? That being said Gasol is accused of playing soft and Swift is nearly a bust being third overall and still not a star. MO its Finley Turkey.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 10:55 PM   #9
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: Turkey
Try using www.realgm.com to check trades or start at www.hoopshype.com to look at salaries. It will make the trades you suggest more feasible.
Old 11-11-2003, 09:11 AM   #10
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I am so much happier now that these things are off in thier own little section of the board. People can propose wierd trades, unrealistic ones, stoopid ones, and it doesn't bother me. I can choose whether to read this garbage or not.

Good idea.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 12:53 PM   #11
Dirk Nowitzki

Dirk Nowitzki is on a distinguished road

Memphis trades: PF Stromile Swift (9.7 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 0.7 apg in 22.1 minutes)
PF Pau Gasol (19.0 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 2.8 apg in 35.9 minutes)
SG Wesley Person (11.0 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.7 apg in 29.4 minutes)
C Lorenzen Wright (11.4 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 1.1 apg in 28.3 minutes)
PF Bo Outlaw (4.7 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 1.4 apg in 22.5 minutes)
PG Jason Williams (12.1 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 8.3 apg in 31.7 minutes)
Memphis receives: SG Tariq Abdul-Wahad (4.1 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.5 apg in 14 games)
SG Michael Finley (19.3 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 3.0 apg in 69 games)
PF Antoine Walker (20.1 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 4.8 apg in 78 games)
Change in team outlook: -24.4 ppg, -16.4 rpg, and -6.7 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

LOL......This is the only trade I could find w\ the above mentioned players that worked. I say if oyu can Get Memphis on board, do it hehe
Dirk Nowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 02:25 PM   #12
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Memphis trades- their whole team
Memphis receives- Finley, walker, TAW, Best

=)

EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 06:46 PM   #13
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

This thread should be a sticky.
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 01:04 PM   #14
razap

razap is on a distinguished road

while i agree that some trades that are proposed are silly at best there is something that bothers me to no end. why do you (board in general) propose trades with tariq? najera? inlcuded with getting good players in return. that is in line with including bradley, stephanson, etc.. seriously that has to stop or i am going to drive off a cliff. there is no one interested in dallas' scrubs or anyother team 's scrubs. tariq? c-mon you can't be seriuos..
Old 11-12-2003, 01:21 PM   #15
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: razap
while i agree that some trades that are proposed are silly at best there is something that bothers me to no end. why do you (board in general) propose trades with tariq? najera? inlcuded with getting good players in return. that is in line with including bradley, stephanson, etc.. seriously that has to stop or i am going to drive off a cliff. there is no one interested in dallas' scrubs or anyother team 's scrubs. tariq? c-mon you can't be seriuos..

LOL. It still amazes me how many people will gripe how completely worthless a player is and then turn around and want to trade him for a player that they think is just super. It's like taking a banged up 10 yearold VW and trading it for a brand new Mercedes Benz. It would be great to make that deal, but it just ain't going to happen.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:27 PM   #16
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
Originally posted by: razap

LOL. It still amazes me how many people will gripe how completely worthless a player is and then turn around and want to trade him for a player that they think is just super. It's like taking a banged up 10 yearold VW and trading it for a brand new Mercedes Benz. It would be great to make that deal, but it just ain't going to happen.
You are right on, LRB.

Basically, there are 2 kinds of posts on a Trade board: 1) Obviously one-sided and would never work for one team OR 2) Way-out proposition that neither team would even dream about doing.

Only on rare occasions it isn't one of those two. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 01:36 PM   #17
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

how about this...
mavs trade bjork to lakers for one life-size cardboard cut out of shaq

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 02:09 PM   #18
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Psychedelic Fuzz
how about this...
mavs trade bjork to lakers for one life-size cardboard cut out of shaq
Sure go ahead an lobby for the deforestation of a rain forest. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]