Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-15-2003, 07:04 PM   #1
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default Tony Battie on the block?

There's a rumor that Tony Battie is on the block? Can't find a realistic scenario at realgm to get him though.
Old 11-15-2003, 08:41 PM   #2
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Tony Battie on the block?

I can't imagine the Celtics doing business with the Mavs again.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 09:29 PM   #3
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Tony Battie on the block?

Quote:
I can't imagine the Celtics doing business with the Mavs again.
LOL. So true.

I wouldn't mind Battie in a Mavs uniform.

Simon, the only trades I see that work for only Battie in return are Najera or Bradley with Best or Howard. Otherwise, it gets messy and not worth it, imo.
Old 11-16-2003, 02:05 AM   #4
Dirk Nowitzki

Dirk Nowitzki is on a distinguished road

NO!!!!! Tony is a skinny forward who plays center (not that well I might add) in the East.
Dirk Nowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 09:46 AM   #5
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Skinny?

That's a big fella. You might be thinking about Walter McCartey.

I'd love to see Battie on this team. We could get rid of one of our undersized forwards(Najera or Fortson, probably Fortson) to get a legit center.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 02:18 PM   #6
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

By the way Ainge does business, we could probably get him for Fortson and Steffanson!

You never know, if we throw in TAW, Ainge might throw in Paul Peirce. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 03:51 PM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

If we could lose the potato to Boston for Battie I would be more than estatic.
Old 11-16-2003, 04:17 PM   #8
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
If we could lose the potato to Boston for Battie I would be more than estatic.
I hear Boston people love potatoes...
Old 11-17-2003, 12:11 AM   #9
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirk Nowitzki
NO!!!!! Tony is a skinny forward who plays center (not that well I might add) in the East.
exactly and well said. if ainge wants to deal battie for fortson, you probably do it. but battie is a spare even in the east.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 01:21 AM   #10
scorched03

scorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the rough

dang. he's a former #5 pick overall and has yet to average over 25 minutes a game.
not bad if mavs can trade for him cuz he's 6-11 and can block?
scorched03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 01:25 AM   #11
Dirk Nowitzki

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13
Skinny?

That's a big fella. You might be thinking about Walter McCartey.

I'd love to see Battie on this team. We could get rid of one of our undersized forwards(Najera or Fortson, probably Fortson) to get a legit center.
6'11" 235, Yeah hes a monster. I think freggin Chris Bosh has a pound or two on him.

Old 11-17-2003, 01:46 AM   #12
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

I have an idea, lets just try to get Raef. I'd rather have his sorry ass.

Are we really that desperate? Does anyone think that Battie (who is a spare in the east) can improve this team?
Old 11-17-2003, 02:27 AM   #13
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Fah Q

Are we really that desperate? Does anyone think that Battie (who is a spare in the east) can improve this team?
It's not that I want Battie, but I'd rather have him than Fortson. Sort of like saying you'd rather have a kick in the shin than one in the testicles. It's not that you want you shin kicked, it's that you don't want to get kicked in you testicles.

Old 11-17-2003, 02:57 AM   #14
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: Fah Q

It's not that I want Battie, but I'd rather have him than Fortson. Sort of like saying you'd rather have a kick in the shin than one in the testicles. It's not that you want you shin kicked, it's that you don't want to get kicked in you testicles.
I guess my response to you is.........

Kick me in the GD nuts because I'd rather have the baked potato
Old 11-17-2003, 09:34 AM   #15
Dirk Nowitzki

A potato or a bean sprout? Give me potato
Old 11-17-2003, 09:36 AM   #16
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

Yes, we are that desperate. We have a baked potato and a really tall uncoordinated freak. We need something, and we need it fast.
Old 11-17-2003, 10:08 AM   #17
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Considering the smashing the Mantis has been laying down on folks, the rebounding impact Fortson has had, the constant rebounding descrepancy IN OUR FAVOR, and the fact that 10 games into the season, no post player has scored over 20 points on us... aquiring a center isn't as big of a priority as it used to be. Something like, if it ain't broke, don't try and fix it. Out low post defense/rebounding ain't broke. And "el busto" is certianly not going to fix anything.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 10:47 AM   #18
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanatik33
Yes, we are that desperate. We have a baked potato and a really tall uncoordinated freak. We need something, and we need it fast.
all this food talk is making me long for a snack....or maybe just a great nickname....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 11:12 AM   #19
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

I laughed out loud on these 2 posts, so I thought I'd highlight them here.

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanatik33
Quote:
Keep postin' guys.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 12:11 PM   #20
Dirk Nowitzki

I would rather bring Shawn Kemp in than trade anything of value for Battie. Kemp could not make the cut with the Cavs though because they felt thier style was too fast paced for him.
Old 11-17-2003, 01:03 PM   #21
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirk Nowitzki
I would rather bring Shawn Kemp in than trade anything of value for Battie. Kemp could not make the cut with the Cavs though because they felt thier style was too fast paced for him.
and because his fat gut was dragging the floor...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 11-17-2003, 02:22 PM   #22
Dirk Nowitzki

Actually, he was in decent shape. Not old Sonics days shape, but better shape than he had been in in a while. Its a shame he let himself go like that, he could have went down as one of the bes power forwards ever.
Old 11-17-2003, 02:35 PM   #23
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

He was the original Man-Child. He could jump out of the gym and played tough defense. You're right it is too bad. But it was also too bad that Roy Tarpley screwed up his life on drugs. He could have been something too.
Old 11-17-2003, 02:51 PM   #24
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

Calvin Booth needs to suck it up and come back to us, the mavs made him great!
Old 11-17-2003, 03:22 PM   #25
kingrex
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: FineCubanCigar
It does seem like Nellie is the only one who really used this guy effectively.
Old 11-18-2003, 10:50 AM   #26
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: kingrex
Quote:
or got five good games out of his anyway.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
no one is really saying that Booth is the answer right?..

Old 11-18-2003, 11:44 AM   #27
kingrex
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:
Originally posted by: kingrex
Quote:
or got five good games out of his anyway.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
no one is really saying that Booth is the answer right?..
No Booth is definitely not the answer, but he would be a nice addition. Maybe in the 15th roster spot?
Old 11-18-2003, 11:56 AM   #28
sike
The Preacha

am I a punk for not really carring who the 15th spot is.....or just a punk in general[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

really don't care about Booth.....but King, if you want him as 15th.....that's fine with me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-18-2003, 04:14 PM   #29
LRB
Guru

Quote:
am I a punk for not really carring who the 15th spot is.....or just a punk in general[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

really don't care about Booth.....but King, if you want him as 15th.....that's fine with me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

No, I think that if we bring someone in they should be someone who at least is expected to make our active roster and hopefully the regular rotation.
Old 11-18-2003, 04:18 PM   #30
kingrex
Platinum Member

Quote:

I agree most things discussed in the Trade board is largely inconsequential or hypothetical. However, that's the nature of this board. We will discuss the 15th roster spot and other seeming minutia ad nauseaum.

Otherwise, sike, I don't really care about Booth either.