Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 09-22-2008, 11:53 PM   #1
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Haha, brainwashed.

Are you deliberately ignoring nonpartisan independent analysts?

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:55 AM   #2
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof
Haha, brainwashed.

Are you deliberately ignoring nonpartisan independent analysts?
I'll admit to only being 40, but in my lifetime I have never read a nonpartisan independant analysis or a nonpartisan poster --- everyone has their own agenda.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:59 PM   #3
12 Tone Melodies

12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold

At least Odumba is true to his belief that the government is better at helping the poor & downtrodden than friends or family

http://townhall.com/Columnists/Dines...out_of_his_hut

BTW Aren't POTUS candidates' families supposed to get US Secret Service protection?

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams
12 Tone Melodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 06:39 PM   #4
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Barack Hussein Obama Thread #1: "HUSSEIN HUSSEIN HUSSEIN!!"
Barack Hussein Obama Thread #2: "hussein hussein hussein!!"

Old 10-06-2008, 07:40 AM   #5
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh f' it...I'm a racist then.

http://www.patterico.com/2008/10/05/...nition-racist/
Quote:
Any Argument Against Barack Obama Is By Definition Racist
Filed under: 2008 Election, General, Race — Patterico @ 12:56 pm

Did you know that it’s racist to argue that Barack Obama should not be President?

It’s true!

We know this, because we’re told that:

* It’s racist to point out the connection between Barack Obama and a white man — who happens to be a terrorist.

* It’s racist to point out the similarity between Barack Obama and two white women — who are famous for being celebrities.

* It’s racist to point out the connection between Barack Obama and a black man — who happens to have run Fannie Mae.

* It’s racist to point out the connection between Barack Obama and a black woman — who happens to be his wife, and who said she wasn’t really proud of America until her husband was nominated.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:31 AM   #6
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Oh f' it...I'm a racist then.
It's not that you're racist against Obama so much as you're racist against Muslims by continually mentioning "Hussein" in a negative connotation...

But at least you're finally coming out of the closet about being a racist (because the words you choose to post in this forum clearly define you as a racist, no matter how you actually feel in your heart-of-hearts on the matter...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-06-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:34 PM   #7
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
It's not that you're racist against Obama so much as you're racist against Muslims by continually mentioning "Hussein" in a negative connotation...

But at least you're finally coming out of the closet about being a racist (because the words you choose to post in this forum clearly define you as a racist, no matter how you actually feel in your heart-of-hearts on the matter...)
LMAO!!!!! I was sure thinking the same thing. I did not say it, but he admitted it, so now we all know where he stands. Did someone urge him to come out of the closet or what? I know I have maybe knee jerked a bit in the past, but clearly this was an unexpected admission.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:37 PM   #8
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Quote:
Worth repeating.

It's disgusting that this racism is tolerated.

Last edited by rabbitproof; 10-06-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:48 PM   #9
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's disgusting that this racism is tolerated.
Also, it's kinda sad that our mods have no qualms with some of the obvious racism on this site (as long as it's not directed at another poster), yet they're totally going to edit me when I say the word "f**" - apparently "free speech" depends on your political leanings around here...

(I wonder if they'll edit just that one word or if my entire post will be nixed?)

Last edited by mary; 10-06-2008 at 01:57 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:50 PM   #10
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Now, that we have cleared the air, let me take a closer look at that article that you felt was exactly how you feel.

So since white Americans have voted for white candidates for decades, is that racism? When white people vote for John McCain instead of Barack Obama, is that racism?

Is there a problem with a black person voting for a candidate being of the same mind that just so happens to look like them?

Do you think blacks would be voting overwhelmingly for Alan Keyes (If you dont know who that is just google it and it will come up) if he were running on the Republic ticket? No.

Black people do not vote simply based on color, facts and data shows that blacks vote based on the issues. Sen. Obama’s platform has resonated with black and white people throughout this country. So to imply that a demographic who has historically voted overwhelmingly for WHITE democratic candidates is suddenly racist when that support is extended to the nominee of the same party, who just happens to be “black” is absurd and illogical. Do you agree on this?
Old 10-06-2008, 11:25 AM   #11
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Yeah and if you vote against Palin, you're a sexist.

They've won. The house is split and we will fall.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:58 PM   #12
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

You're not seriously pulling the free speech card. You're more intelligent than that.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:00 PM   #13
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a fairly socially liberal person, but I'm not going to edit someone's thoughts just because I disagree with them.

And if you're going to drop an f-bomb in your post just to make the point that you're going to be edited, I'm going to edit it.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:05 PM   #14
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
And if you're going to drop an f-bomb in your post just to make the point that you're going to be edited, I'm going to edit it.
Are you telling me there's a correct way I can use the F-word and not get edited?

(the point being that a harmless word draws more attention than a racist post...)

Last edited by Underdog; 10-06-2008 at 02:05 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:15 PM   #15
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are you telling me there's a correct way I can use the F-word and not get edited?

(the point being that a harmless word draws more attention than a racist post...)
No, I'm telling you that some f-bombs are going to go unnoticed and not be edited.

Deciding to kick the mods in their collective crotches drew attention to your post and I wasn't going to let the f bomb go just to help you make your point.

If you see something that needs attention, feel free to report it.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 10-06-2008 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:39 PM   #16
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I went to fcuk today... for a new shirt.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 10-06-2008 at 02:39 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:03 PM   #17
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

No way Mary. You don't mod in accordance with UD's view of how things should be modded, how can you possibly share common political views?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 10-06-2008, 02:04 PM   #18
Underdog

I knew Mary was going to edit me - she's the only mod not voting for McCain! (which totally ruined my trap, but I still stand by my point...)

I have yet to see a racist post get edited on this site...

[and racism stems far beyond the "N-word"...]

Old 10-06-2008, 02:10 PM   #19
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
I knew Mary was going to edit me - she's the only mod not voting for McCain! (which totally ruined my trap, but I still stand by my point...)

I have yet to see a racist post get edited on this site...

[and racism stems far beyond the "N-word"...]
You are aware that stuff can get edited without you ever seeing it.....

Feel free to go back and report the littany of racist posts we're letting slide.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 10-06-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:13 PM   #20
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Feel free to go back and report the littany of racist posts we're letting slide.
Oh, so you guys actually received my string of complaints a while back but just chose to ignore them?

I love when the fox guards the hen house!

Old 10-06-2008, 02:15 PM   #21
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Oh, so you guys actually received my string of complaints a while back but just chose to ignore them?

I love when the fox guards the hen house!
All I remember you reporting was the use of british cigarrette, which we handled.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-06-2008, 02:13 PM   #22
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Stop treating UD like he's a Hussein.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:21 PM   #23
Underdog

Quote:
Stop treating UD like he's a Hussein.
Kinda ironic phrasing, considering I'm Jewish!

(though I take zero offense, since I'm of the "self-hating" variety...)

Last edited by Underdog; 10-06-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:17 PM   #24
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

F Bomb aside,

If a poster decides to reference Josh Howard as BlackMan#5 moving forward, is this going to be ok by the mods?

Old 10-06-2008, 02:20 PM   #25
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Or Palin as Titties?

It's embarrassing, man. I tell people I have civil conversations on this forum and gleam insight off them but if I direct them to a thread called "Barrack Hussein Obama", it screams "void of intelligence" and "closet racist". What's the point?

Old 10-06-2008, 02:22 PM   #26
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Haha, just an ironic joke to point out we (as a society) have different rules for different people.

BTW, what's Dirk's middle name and why isn't it on a thread title yet?

EDIT:
Luckily, we only have ONE thread with "Barack Hussein Obama" on the site to prove that it is a simple misunderstanding by one person and not some sort of mass agenda to treat someone differently solely on the basis of where they come from.

Errr, wait.

Last edited by rabbitproof; 10-06-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:22 PM   #27
mary
Troll Hunter

So you're saying some of the threads in the political forum are not intelligent discussions??

Well there's a big "effing" newsflash right there.

Cripes, we're not babysitters.

Last edited by mary; 10-06-2008 at 02:23 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:24 PM   #28
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
So you're saying some of the threads in the political forum are not intelligent discussions??

Well there's a big "effing" newsflash right there. .
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mary again."

That's easy to agree with...

Last edited by Underdog; 10-06-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:25 PM   #29
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

So...wait. Do you agree with Mary?

Look, no one wanted to delete the second "Hussein" titled thread more than me.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-06-2008, 02:31 PM   #30
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
So...wait. Do you agree with Mary?

Look, no one wanted to delete the second "Hussein" titled thread more than me.
That's good to hear (though I'm not surprised, considering you've never led me to believe you're a racist...)

And I do agree with Mary - the Political Forum is almost comical in it's ignorance (I mean, half the links come from left or right-wing conspiracy websites and nobody seems to have an opinion of their OWN - they're friggin' quote factories!)

Old 10-06-2008, 02:43 PM   #31
Underdog

And I'm not accusing the mods (any of you) of supporting racism, but I certainly do see it "slide" a lot more than f-bombs... I'm just wondering aloud which should be a higher priority for censorship - dangerous ideas or harmless words (because they certainly ain't droppin' "f-bombs" out in Israel/Palestine!)

Last edited by Underdog; 10-06-2008 at 02:47 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:29 PM   #32
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
And I'm not accusing the mods (any of you) of supporting racism, but I certainly do see it "slide" a lot more than f-bombs... I'm just wondering aloud which should be a higher priority for censorship - dangerous ideas or harmless words (because they certainly ain't droppin' "f-bombs" out in Israel/Palestine!)

The problem is that 'Dangerous Ideas' become subject to personal interpretations.

An F-bomb is pretty clear.

What you believe is a Dangerous Idea may be vastly different than what someone else sees as a Dangerous Idea...where does it end and when does it begin.

At least with F-Bombs, we can all agree on what that actually is.

Somewhere there must be a standard to keep things civilized, the use of certain words is a clear boundary.

As for Dangerous Ideas...Some people believe that the comments that Rush Limbaugh made regarding Donovan McNabb is dangerous. While others believe it was simply a person pointing out the problem with some in society and other media members.

What's Dangers? The thought that society and some media is racist or the thought that Rush is racist? Which one do you believe?

Is Obama racist? how's that for dangerous...or are those against Obama racist?

Who's going to be the judge?

When someone speaks in favor of Obama are they independant thinkers, or sheep following the chosen one?

When someone speaks out in favor of McCain are they independant thinkers, or sheep following more of the same?

Go ahead, disagree...just what are you disagreeing with?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:38 PM   #33
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad
The problem is that 'Dangerous Ideas' become subject to personal interpretations.

An F-bomb is pretty clear.

What you believe is a Dangerous Idea may be vastly different than what someone else sees as a Dangerous Idea...where does it end and when does it begin.

At least with F-Bombs, we can all agree on what that actually is.

Somewhere there must be a standard to keep things civilized, the use of certain words is a clear boundary.

As for Dangerous Ideas...Some people believe that the comments that Rush Limbaugh made regarding Donovan McNabb is dangerous. While others believe it was simply a person pointing out the problem with some in society and other media members.

What's Dangers? The thought that society and some media is racist or the thought that Rush is racist? Which one do you believe?

Is Obama racist? how's that for dangerous...or are those against Obama racist?

Who's going to be the judge?

When someone speaks in favor of Obama are they independant thinkers, or sheep following the chosen one?

When someone speaks out in favor of McCain are they independant thinkers, or sheep following more of the same?

Go ahead, disagree...just what are you disagreeing with?

How many more times are you going to bring up Limbaugh/McNabb to defend yourself as a racist???

Also, I'm not an Obama or McCain supporter, so I'm not sure what the hell the rest of your rant was about...

This 92bDad message was brought to you by:

IT'S A HELL OF A DRUG!

Last edited by Underdog; 10-07-2008 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:58 PM   #34
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
How many more times are you going to bring up Limbaugh/McNabb to defend yourself as a racist???

Also, I'm not an Obama or McCain supporter, so I'm not sure what the hell the rest of your rant was about...

This 92bDad message was brought to you by:

IT'S A HELL OF A DRUG!
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Underdog again.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:51 AM   #35
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah those acquantances for the democrats, the salt of the earth I tell ya'.

Quote:
ONE of the "bundlers" who has raised $50,000 to $100,000 for the Barack Obama presidential campaign is Terrence Bean, who once controlled the biggest producer of gay porn in America.

Bean, the first gay on Sen. Obama's National Finance Committee, is the sole trustee of the Charles M. Holmes Foundation, which owned Falcon Studios, Jock Studios and Mustang Studios, the producers of about $10 million worth of all-male pornography a year.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 10-11-2008 at 11:51 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:01 PM   #36
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I can take just about anything and conclude to my agenda that it was a racist remark.

Everyone called W -- Dubya like he was/is some backwards racist hick -- but that wasn't really the point. I could elect to take serious offense to it and call most of the posters (including myself) a racist and use this to defend myself. Or is it concluded that racist remarks can only be made to a minority group? I just don't understand it.

Hussein is only a racist insult -- if you elect to see it as that. I see it as his middle name.

Why does everything have to be racist or sexist?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 10-06-2008, 03:06 PM   #37
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
I can take just about anything and conclude to my agenda that it was a racist remark.

Everyone called W -- Dubya like he was/is some backwards racist hick -- but that wasn't really the point. I could elect to take serious offense to it and call most of the posters (including myself) a racist and use this to defend myself. Or is it concluded that racist remarks can only be made to a minority group? I just don't understand it.

Hussein is only a racist insult -- if you elect to see it as that. I see it as his middle name.

The person who sparked this conversation has repeatedly asserted a connection between Obama and a "Muslim conspiracy" - it's not my perception so much as it is his intention (and he's made no secret of it...)

I'm not trying to make a big deal out of "nothing" here - I'm not black, I don't come from a family that was in this country when slavery existed, and I'm not voting for Obama or McCain... So, what's my agenda? (other than calling-out racists, which isn't so much an "agenda" as it is a result of being raised to love my fellow man...)

Last edited by Underdog; 10-06-2008 at 03:13 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:27 PM   #38
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
The person who sparked this conversation has repeatedly asserted a connection between Obama and a "Muslim conspiracy" - it's not my perception so much as it is his intention (and he's made no secret of it...)

I'm not trying to make a big deal out of "nothing" here - I'm not black, I don't come from a family that was in this country when slavery existed, and I'm not voting for Obama or McCain... So, what's my agenda? (other than calling-out racists, which isn't so much an "agenda" as it is a result of being raised to love my fellow man...)
Sorry UD,

It wasn't meant for you personally, or your posts.

I was commenting on the overall tone of the thread, and how I have been around and dealt with racism -- non-racism all my life.

I have found that anything can be offensive to some people -- when they want it to be, and nothing can offend them if they don't want to take it that way. It is all in the eye of the beholder.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:37 PM   #39
Underdog

Quote:
Sorry UD,

It wasn't meant for you personally, or your posts.

I was commenting on the overall tone of the thread, and how I have been around and dealt with racism -- non-racism all my life.

I have found that anything can be offensive to some people -- when they want it to be, and nothing can offend them if they don't want to take it that way. It is all in the eye of the beholder.
Gotcha - I can't disagree with anything you just said...

(also, I tend to make the same goof you just did by addressing the entire thread in a response to a particular person - no harm, no foul!)

Old 10-06-2008, 04:49 PM   #40
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Quote:

I thought the W thing existed because "President George Bush" often isn't specific enough.

Tags
barack obama, hussein, hussein addiction, hussein in the membrane, hussein the terrorist