Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-18-2011, 07:06 PM   #1
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future
Default Kareem going off on twitter

kaj33 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Rumor has it that I will be getting a statue. A caveat for all my fans-don't hold your breath. Lakers don't care about me. #KAJ33

sabres916 brian wise
@ @kaj33 You are a legend. Why does it bother u so much? Ur accomplishments on court mean a lot more then a statue.
30 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply in reply to ↑

@kaj33
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
@sabres916 Your right but there is principal involved so I can't ignore the situation any longer. #KAJ33

loctor Luis Bowers
@ @kaj33 How long did Magic have to wait for his statue?
28 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply in reply to ↑

@kaj33
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
@loctor Magic waited 8 years to be honored in that way. So maybe I am chopped liver? #KAJ33

@kaj33 Cap I don't know where the breakdown is. But YOU will get your statue ! That's unthinkable! Buss is not Sterling !

@ @realjazz2011 Re the Buss Family, I don't if you can be sure about that! #KAJ33

lukehagfors Luke Hagfors
@ @kaj33 pipe down, old man. you've got plenty to be thankful for. count your immense blessings instead of crying over not having a statue.
21 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply in reply to ↑

@kaj33
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
@lukehagfors No tears just an oppty to state how I feel about the way things are. Justice deferred is justice denied. #KAJ33

Doc_aka_UNBorn ♠Deon Edwards♠
@ @kaj33 Now that u've made ur feelings so public, dont u think it is gonna take away from it when u DO get 1… (cont) http://deck.ly/~6hN5p
17 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply in reply to ↑

@kaj33
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
@Doc_aka_UNBorn who knows when or if that day will come in my lifetime.

MovieViral MovieViral.com
@ Why are the biggest NBA legends so bitter? First MJ at HOF ceremony & now @kaj33 about not having a statue.
18 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply in reply to ↑

@kaj33
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
@MovieViral A slight is a slight. There is no bitterness. Laker fans have always let me know that they appreciated me. That is sufficient.

heyAndrew Andrew Loyola
@kaj33 fair enough. It seems like a random thing to be airing out in the open. I'm curious to hear about the context that prompted this
12 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply in reply to ↑

@kaj33
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
@heyAndrew What prompted me has been a steady diet of disrespect from the supposedly wonderful Laker family. see Sporting News for the story

EverythingLaker Laker Boy
@ @kaj33 this is more than a statue, there is some kind of resentment fuming inside of you about something else involving management/ownership
8 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply in reply to ↑

@kaj33
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
@EverythingLaker Should we mention the straw that broke the camels back ?

Its not about a getting a statue because I'm over it - its about RESPECT! Lakers have given me the absolute minimum of respect. #KAJ33
Old 05-18-2011, 09:13 PM   #2
Variant

Variant is on a distinguished road

I had no idea Kareem was so passive aggressive! He does himself a huge disservice by posting this child-like rant.

No doubt he was one of the best players ever, but to say the handsome compensation he's received from the Lakers, adoration from fans, immortality in the world of basketball all for playing a game all adds up to disrespect?? Just shut up man and be thankful for the amazing blessings you've received when so many others are struggling in life.

Damn spoiled athletes.

He'll get his statue too is the thing... maybe I should at least give him props for showing his true colors, but if he were smart he would have let others carry the torch for this truly tragic "slight" and erred on the side of classyness.

Last edited by Variant; 05-18-2011 at 09:18 PM.
Variant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:25 AM   #3
OSU_MAV

OSU_MAV is a jewel in the roughOSU_MAV is a jewel in the roughOSU_MAV is a jewel in the roughOSU_MAV is a jewel in the roughOSU_MAV is a jewel in the rough

I just read an article about this. Lakers said thy have promised him one, they just don't know when they are going to build it yet. They have built 2 since the Staples Center opened, Jerry West and Magic. Not a lot of room to complain. Now if they threw up a Kobe statue before him, then he can be upset. But for now he should quit being a baby.