Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: Who's the sorriest teammate on the Mavs?
Stackhouse 59 67.05%
Terry 1 1.14%
Diop 1 1.14%
Howard 0 0%
Dirk 3 3.41%
Griffin 0 0%
Harris 0 0%
Daniels 6 6.82%
Dampier 9 10.23%
someone else 9 10.23%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2006, 01:35 AM   #81
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Dirk cares what Stack has to say about MVPs. Who is Jerry Stackhouse? Is he a league MVP? Is he voting?

What Stack and Dirk have in common and is of concern to us is: playing Dallas Mavericks basketball. So long as they can do that together and well, all else is irrelevant - including MVP opinions! I mean, should Pop be saying Dirk ought to be MVP of the league? Same difference. Dirk could care less about what Pop's and Stack's MVP opinions are.

If Dirk was bothered he isn't Stackhouse's MVP favorite or he was genuinely tickled that Pop thought he was the MVP favorite, that would be some really petty gossipy he said-she said bullshit.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2006, 01:44 AM   #82
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I'm through with this. It's clearly a difference in philosphy for us, Murph. I don't believe Stack's opinion matters. You do. I hope we can agree to disagree.

Hopefully, Dirk is with me and doesn't give a flying burrito's fawk about Stackhouse's jibber-jabber because Stack's opinion is what it is and Dirk's gotta live with it. That is life, you will not be everybody's favorite - even amongst your own family. Hopefully, Dirk does not seek or care for that kind of approval. Dirk ain't no daddy's girl.

Old 04-14-2006, 02:55 AM   #83
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure Dirk is disappointed in Stack, but he wont' let it drag him down by any means. But there's no way in hell that a few people aren't looking at Stack differently in the locker room.

And no, Dirk isn't seeking his approval. But, all players would want for their teammates to have their back.

Last edited by Murphy3; 04-14-2006 at 02:55 AM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 02:06 PM   #84
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

i guess many of you went to the same "loyalty" school as my wife - soon after we were married, she got in a "discussion" with a good friend of mine. she asked my opinion on the subject at hand, and i agreed with my buddy. she was pissed for a week. to her, it didn't matter who was right, i should have sided with her no matter what. i still don't get it - you're either right or you're not.

not saying that i agree with stack, but if he honestly believes it should be kobe, then that's what he should have said.

Last edited by mnmpeanut; 04-14-2006 at 02:07 PM.
mnmpeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 02:12 PM   #85
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmpeanut
i guess many of you went to the same "loyalty" school as my wife - soon after we were married, she got in a "discussion" with a good friend of mine. she asked my opinion on the subject at hand, and i agreed with my buddy. she was pissed for a week. to her, it didn't matter who was right, i should have sided with her no matter what. i still don't get it - you're either right or you're not.

not saying that i agree with stack, but if he honestly believes it should be kobe, then that's what he should have said.
Okay.... so why is Dampier the sorriest teammate on the Mavs?
Old 04-14-2006, 02:18 PM   #86
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

because Dampier doesnt' give a shit about winning
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 02:19 PM   #87
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted an objective opinion on that ape......

Old 04-14-2006, 06:33 PM   #88
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
I wanted an objective opinion on that ape......

I said that kind of toungue in cheek, but there is some truth to it.

Who would you rather have as a teammate? A guy who may be a bit brash and outspoken, but who plays with fire and passion and competes every night

or

a guy who you can't depend on to stay awake on the court and who's only motivation seems to be to avoid getting yelled at..
Old 04-14-2006, 07:12 PM   #89
NXperience

NXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to all

I still take Damp over Stackhouse ... in no time.
NXperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 07:57 PM   #90
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmpeanut

If he honestly thought that, he should have kept his f'ing mouth shut.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:14 PM   #91
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
If he honestly thought that, he should have kept his f'ing mouth shut.
I second that.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 08:52 PM   #92
Milles

Milles will become famous soon enoughMilles will become famous soon enough

Now I am waiting for the next installment of a Jim Gray interview, with him saying to Dirk, "So your teammate, Jerry Stackhouse says Kobe is the MVP, who are you picking".

You have to know it is coming.
Milles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 08:56 PM   #93
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking about this some more, I wonder if maybe Stack wasn't trying to motivate Dirk by calling Kobe the MP3. I think there is evidence that Dirk is not the typical player when it comes to motivation. He has said himself that media awards like the MVP don't mean a lot to him. He probably doesn't much care what players on other teams think of him. But surely he cares what his own teammates and coaches think. That makes sense.

So perhaps that was Stackhouse trying to light a fire under Dirk. If so, and if it works, it's a masterstroke. And it's the kind of "internal leadership" that teams would kill for. It's kinda like Finley telling a room full of giddy Mavericks after Game Four against Houston last year that they hadn't won anything yet, and it was their own damn fault they were down two games to begin with. Sometimes the things you need most to hear are the things that are most surprising.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 03:25 AM   #94
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Interesting, chumdawg. Stackfather has some Godfather in him if he is thinking that far. If so, he also has cojones because some people could get pretty ticked off by that sort of comment, yes?

However, so far, not much reaction outside the fanbase. Then again, could Dirk do anymore then what he's done? Dirk has been playing MVP ball since the Break and that is the highest attainable level in the regular season. Immortality is saved for the playoffs. But in the regular season, you name it, he's done it. Hell, he even won over TNT!

Off-note: Cuban should give TNT some weblog-style props for that.

Old 04-15-2006, 07:22 AM   #95
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by madape
because Dampier doesnt' give a shit about winning
I highly doubt that.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 08:58 AM   #96
madape
Diamond Member

Last night, Jim Grey asked Steve Nash if he thought he should win the MVP. Nash said, no.. Dirk should win it.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:06 AM   #97
Murphy3
Guru

Chum...no, Stack wouldn't think in that manner at all.. He's too selfish of a guy.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:26 PM   #98
Milles

Milles will become famous soon enoughMilles will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Chum...no, Stack wouldn't think in that manner at all.. He's too selfish of a guy.

Classic
Milles is offline   Reply With Quote