Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 01-14-2009, 11:54 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Obama...meet reality.

Can be quite a biyatch.

Quote:
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Obama Backtracks On Osama
Remember Barack Obama's famous attack on John McCain, that McCain wasn't willing to go to the cave where Osama bin Laden was hiding: "John McCain likes to say that he'll follow bin Laden to the Gates of Hell - but he won't even go to the cave where he lives." Or during the October 7, 2008 debate: "We will kill bin Laden. We will crush al-Qaeda. That has to be our biggest national security priority."

No more. Now, all we have to do is contain bin Laden to his cave, you know, the one McCain wouldn't go to:

Barack Obama last night suggested that removing Osama bin Laden from the battlefield was no longer essential and that America's security goals could be achieved by merely keeping al-Qaeda "on the run".

Quote:
"My preference obviously would be to capture or kill him," he said. "But if we have so tightened the noose that he's in a cave somewhere and can't even communicate with his operatives then we will meet our goal of protecting America."
It's beginning to look like we picked Door No. 2, and got the booby prize.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2009, 12:11 AM   #2
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Kinda sounds like Bush, honestly.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:58 AM   #3
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

What does it matter? Is there anyone more irrelevant than Osama Bin Laden? That jungle monkey doesn't pose any threat to us.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:18 PM   #4
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Osama Bin Laden is my middle name.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:53 PM   #5
nah-vit-ski

nah-vit-ski has a spectacular aura aboutnah-vit-ski has a spectacular aura about

GOTCHA!

- Conrad Burns
nah-vit-ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:44 AM   #6
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

context is a biznit.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:35 PM   #7
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

http://www.humanevents.com/article.p...&viewID=711319

Some cool and funny stuff...if you are able to have a sense of humor.

Then the replies get pretty crazy...

By the way, I'm doing my best not to pour down on anyone parade today...but dangit, it's tough to keep my trap shut when I completely disagree with the change taking place...but I remind myself, their will be a time and a place to have some polite discourse and fuel the mood for change in 2010!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:23 PM   #8
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Obama meets up with reality with warrantless eavesdropping.

http://pajamasmedia.com/instapundit/67325/
Quote:
HOPE AND CHANGE! Obama Sides With Bush in Spy Case. “The Obama administration fell in line with the Bush administration Thursday when it urged a federal judge to set aside a ruling in a closely watched spy case weighing whether a U.S. president may bypass Congress and establish a program of eavesdropping on Americans without warrants.” Meet the new boss, yada yada.

UPDATE: A reader points out that not long ago the warrantless eavesdropping program was a sign of incipient fascism. But now it’s hope and change!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 01-24-2009, 01:11 AM   #9
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post

I have such tired head.

I don't care which party is doing it.

As far as I'm concerned, King Messiah Obama or Dick Mother Effing Cheney or WHOEVER can listen to every single phone conversation I ever have. I have nothing to hide and it keeps my family safer.

TIRED HEAD
Old 01-24-2009, 01:27 AM   #10
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

In the words of our founding fathers....
Quote:
Ben Franklin:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Patrick Henry:
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
Sam Adams:
If you love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We seek not your council, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.

I'll take "Live Free or Die" for 1000 Alex.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:49 AM   #11
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:

whoops, you are misunderstanding the question. signing on to the case is not endorsing warrantless surveillance.

the question is who should be deciding the security document's release.

"National security officials, not judges, must decide whether private citizens - even those with security clearances - are entitled to see classified material, Justice Department lawyers said in a filing Monday night."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...&sn=029&sc=341
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 04:13 PM   #12
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I have such tired head.

As far as I'm concerned, King Messiah Obama or Dick Mother Effing Cheney or WHOEVER can listen to every single phone conversation I ever have. I have nothing to hide and it keeps my family safer.

TIRED HEAD
Remeber ! But you can´t listen to what Dick has to say..
Old 01-24-2009, 05:37 PM   #13
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

anyway... go freedom!

Last edited by Dim499; 01-24-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:07 PM   #14
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I have such tired head.

TIRED HEAD
It's not just your phone conversations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reFy1OiYZtE&fmt=18
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:51 AM   #15
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

if you supported bush when he did these things then why badmouth obama for doing the same? makes no sense. also, since mccain would have done the same thing I dont understand how one can criticize obama for doing it.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:07 AM   #16
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei View Post
if you supported bush when he did these things then why badmouth obama for doing the same? makes no sense. also, since mccain would have done the same thing I dont understand how one can criticize obama for doing it.
Partisan politics: why think for yourself when you can believe in false-opposites instead?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-25-2009 at 09:09 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 07:35 PM   #17
dude1394
Guru

I"m not criticizing obama for doing it at all, it's the right thing to do. What I am criticizing him is the demagoguery during the campaign.

And conversely his voters who criticized dubya for it but now...well okey-dokey and are engaging in hypocrisy.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:58 PM   #18
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I"m not criticizing obama for doing it at all, it's the right thing to do. What I am criticizing him is the demagoguery during the campaign.

And conversely his voters who criticized dubya for it but now...well okey-dokey and are engaging in hypocrisy.

That is just like saying "my daddy could beat up your daddy." Who cares what "the voters" are engaging in?

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 01-25-2009 at 08:59 PM.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:42 PM   #19
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk View Post
That is just like saying "my daddy could beat up your daddy." Who cares what "the voters" are engaging in?
Well last time I looked the "voters" are the folks on this board, i.e. you for example.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:56 PM   #20
dude1394
Guru

Obama continues to "meet" reality, by tossing aside his campaign promises.

http://volokh.com/posts/1232821591.shtml
Quote:
Obama to Republicans on Stimulus Package: I Won:

True, but Obama won by, among other things, promising a net decrease in federal spending. Here he is during the third debate: "what I've done throughout this campaign is to propose a net spending cut.... What I want to emphasize ... is that I have been a strong proponent of pay-as-you-go. Every dollar that I've proposed, I've proposed an additional cut so that it matches."

Obama would have a much better case for Republican deference to his spending plans if he had actually campaigned in favor of the most massive increase in federal spending, ever, instead of as a budget-cutter.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:12 PM   #21
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Obama continues to "meet" reality, by tossing aside his campaign promises.

http://volokh.com/posts/1232821591.shtml
can you show just how obama has reneged on the campaign promise? as his administration has yet to propose a budget it seems that the accusation he's "tossing aside his campaignm promises" in regard to spending reductions/pay as you go have no basis in truth....not that truth has been an obstacle that his critics seem to be concerned with mind you, but some of us still value it.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:18 PM   #22
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
can you show just how obama has reneged on the campaign promise? as his administration has yet to propose a budget it seems that the accusation he's "tossing aside his campaignm promises" in regard to spending reductions/pay as you go have no basis in truth....not that truth has been an obstacle that his critics seem to be concerned with mind you, but some of us still value it.
So you think he's going to cut 1 trillion dollars out of the budget?
Old 01-26-2009, 01:59 PM   #23
Mavdog
Diamond Member

is the proposal to spend an additional $1 trillion? don't believe that is the case....