Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-13-2010, 01:07 AM   #1
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I love my android and while I accept its about a half step behind the iphone on apps, and none of the androids yet have the same "sex" appeal of the iphone, I think that android is quickly catching up. I really love how they keep releasing new firmware for the android too-- always increasing the speed and versatility of the platform without the need for new hardware revisions. Its cool stuff.

The main deal breaker for me would be ATT. Between their terrible cell service and their new tiered data plans where you have to pay by the data use, ATT is charging a LOT of money for the worst cell phone experience and that just doesnt sit well with me. You can get a great android phone on almost all the ATT competitors and be happier in my opinion.
This point of view fascinates me.

Do you live in DFW?

I have never ever ever had a bad experience with the ATT cell service or internet. Ever. And their new data plan is actually going to save me money.

I don't think I've ever even had a dropped call with my iPhone. Maybe I just live and work in good spots. I don't know.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:58 PM   #2
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post

Do you live in DFW?

I have never ever ever had a bad experience with the ATT cell service or internet. Ever. And their new data plan is actually going to save me money.

I don't think I've ever even had a dropped call with my iPhone. Maybe I just live and work in good spots. I don't know.
Here in Washington DC, ATT has a terrible reputation. Everybody is all about Verizon. I on the other hand am extremely satisfied with my ATT service. I always have full bars, always in 3G coverage and am loving the iPhone. Nobody really understands CDMA2000 vs GSM, and LTE, etc. I think that if they did, we'd have more ATT customers. But anyway, people love to believe the hype. Maybe ATT was terrible a few years ago, but I've been happy with it. I actually am glad that people are switching to Verizon, it means more bandwidth for me. Even though i only average like barely 200 megs a month. I'm excited for HSPA+ and then LTE later on.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:13 PM   #3
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post

Do you live in DFW?

My 3G experience is much worse in dallas than in longview. It's like I'm on edge still. I've always assumed it was a bandwidth issue.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:00 AM   #4
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark View Post
My 3G experience is much worse in Dallas than in longview. It's like I'm on edge still. I've always assumed it was a bandwidth issue.
do you work in a building? The building penetration of 3G is because AT&T only has 3G on the 1900mhz band and not 850mhz & 1900mhz like edge. The 850 band has much better penetration.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote