Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-26-2003, 08:57 AM   #1
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mavericks at Suns Game Day Thread

JHo will get alot of minutes tonight....... as the Mavericks watch the sun set in Arizona.....

Mavs 103
PHX 94
Old 11-26-2003, 09:06 AM   #2
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default RE:Mavericks at Suns Game Day Thread

It think this will be close. 110-106 Mavs. Amare will be a handful inside till Nellie shows him Fortson.
Old 11-26-2003, 09:16 AM   #3
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Unfortnuately I'll be traveling to my Thanksgiving destination tonight and won't be able to see or hear the game. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] But hopefully the Mavs have things together well enough to get over this road hump. Should be much closer than the home laughers that we've been enjoying though.

Mavs 103
Suns 97

Old 11-26-2003, 09:19 AM   #4
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

MArion may be out with a sprained ankle if that happens, the Mavs will blow them out.
Old 11-26-2003, 10:05 AM   #5
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

I think it's going to be close at least through 3.
mavs 105-95

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 10:40 AM   #6
Dirk Nowitzki

Dirk Nowitzki is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Mavericks at Suns Game Day Thread

Mavs 111
Suns 99
A solid win agianst a playoff caliber opponent. Just hope Fin has another good game & Nash's 3's keep falling.
Dirk Nowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 10:48 AM   #7
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I think it's going to be a ass whooping tonight.

110-89

It's Jamison's turn to shine tonight.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 11:06 AM   #8
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Mavs will have to go down the wire on this, but with a strong 2nd half, will pull out a win on the road.

Mavs 98
Suns 93
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 11:12 AM   #9
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Dallas should be the favorite, but they haven't played well in Phoenix so I look for a close game.

If Marion is out, I look for Walker and/or Jamison to tear up the Suns small forward. As much as I've been impressed with Fin's defense, I hope Nelson doesn't put him on Marbury. Watch out for Stoudamire and Joe Johnson.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:18 AM   #10
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

The winner of this game will be the team that plays the best transitional defense. Both teams can run up and down the floor, but I believe the mavs play transition defense better. If they don't they will lose.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:21 AM   #11
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Dallas hasn't won in Phoenix since 1999. Lets hope this game ends that streak. Dirk needs to get going earlier and play better defense.

Mavs win 98-94.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 11:26 AM   #12
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like the Mavs might finally be gelling together. Espcially if Marion is out, I like a breakout road game.

Dallas 113
PHX 102
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 11:39 AM   #13
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

115-110 mavs with a comfortable win

suns look like they're in total disarray right now
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 11:44 AM   #14
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Anyone remember Kobe and Shaq saying that Amare would be a top 20 player this year? I think he may be a top 10 player in the next couple of years but that was premature to knock all the NBA players for a rookie.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 11:45 AM   #15
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Fortson starts again and handles Amare.

Dallas has too much speed and too much depth for the Suns, although Starbury keeps it close through the first half.

Dallas scores 35 in the third quarter (kind of a down 3rd Q for them) to pull out to a fifteen point lead. It never gets back to single digits again as Dallas wins 115-102.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 12:09 PM   #16
sbjensen

sbjensen will become famous soon enough

I hope I'm wrong, but I think the Mavs will lose, 96-102.

This team has still not proven itself on the road. For whatever reasons, winning on the road in the NBA is MUCH tougher than at home. As Mavs' fans, we have forgotten that truth, b/c the Mavericks of the last three years have been wonderful road teams. But this is a NEW team, and still unproven. Plus, Phoenix, despite not playing well of late, is a very strong team. The Suns and their crowd will be up for the game.

Flame me mercilessly. I want your criticisms to be right on the mark. :-)

Old 11-26-2003, 12:33 PM   #17
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavs Rule
Dallas hasn't won in Phoenix since 1999. Lets hope this game ends that streak. Dirk needs to get going earlier and play better defense.

Mavs win 98-94.
They beat the Suns in Phoenix in 02'.
I live in Phoenix and have been to every game between these two teams here for the past couple of seasons, But I will not be at the game tonight.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 12:53 PM   #18
Lonnie

Lonnie is on a distinguished road

i think bradley should get the start against amare becasue amare likes to play above the rim...a place that fortson cant get to. Bradely plays solid, fortson plays well in relief... mavs win it

108-98
Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 12:54 PM   #19
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

The suns are one of my favorite teams to watch, but not the absolute most favorite [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Mavs 109-89. Suns are doing horribly this year far bellow expectations. And Marion, if he's out, it'll be an even bigger blowout.
Old 11-26-2003, 01:21 PM   #20
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Amare has an off night 5-14 or something
Marion will sit out
Marbury will kill us again
JJ will suck bad.

Dallas 112
Phoenix 87
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 02:42 PM   #21
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

mavs by 11-

Mavs 110-Suns99

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 03:01 PM   #22
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Anyone remember Kobe and Shaq saying that Amare would be a top 20 player this year? I think he may be a top 10 player in the next couple of years but that was premature to knock all the NBA players for a rookie.
Agreed on both points. Anyone see his dunk last night? That was VICIOUS!!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 03:39 PM   #23
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavs413
Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavs Rule

Mavs win 98-94.
They beat the Suns in Phoenix in 02'.
I live in Phoenix and have been to every game between these two teams here for the past couple of seasons, But I will not be at the game tonight.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
You are absolutely right. February 17, 2002 was the date I found after some investigation that we beat Phoenix at Phoenix. That is the last time that I rely on Eddie Sefco as a source for accurate analysis. Here is what he said in a DMN article concerning our games against Phoenix:

Quote:
No fun in the sun: The Mavericks haven't exactly made themselves feel at home in the desert. They have lost six of their past seven visits to America West Arena. They are 0-for-the-21st -century, with their last win there in December, 1999. They will take a pedestrian 2-4 road record on this quick, holiday trip. Last season, they didn't lose their fourth road game until the 37th game.

Article

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 05:10 PM   #24
Big_Dog

Big_Dog will become famous soon enough

mavs 119 suns 96, fortson grabbing 20 boards and walker has a triple double[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2003, 06:03 PM   #25
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

Walkerforthree is on a distinguished road

Mavs 107
Suns 96
Walkerforthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 06:06 PM   #26
kingrex
Platinum Member

I wouldn't mind rewarding Fortson with a start in this game, but I have a feeling Nellie will start Bradley on this game and try to play zone early on.

I prefer Dallas' man-to-man defense (espcially lately), and would prefer to see the ol' "34" offense with all the big 5 starting this game.

But, I'm not Nellie and I'm sure he'll go with Big Bradley.
Old 11-26-2003, 06:06 PM   #27
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Mavericks 107-96

Edit : Walkerforthree stole my score so i'll go with Mavs 108-95
Old 11-26-2003, 06:26 PM   #28
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

Walkerforthree is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Fah Q
Mavericks 107-96

Edit : Walkerforthree stole my score so i'll go with Mavs 108-95
lol, great minds think alike [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Walkerforthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 06:27 PM   #29
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Lets hope the Mavs can take their Home Momentum to the road.....and keep the team gelling!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 11-26-2003, 06:38 PM   #30
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

103-99 Mavs
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 06:45 PM   #31
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

this isnt going to be an easy fight but Im confident we will win. I think we built up some momentum and some experience in the last few weeks so we should get back to being one of the few teams in the league with a winning record on the road. (yes we were one of them...and looking at the playoffs it looked like we played better on the road).
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 06:48 PM   #32
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

With our offense getting into its flaw, we will hopefully take this one on the road.

107-93 Mavs.
Old 11-26-2003, 06:57 PM   #33
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: seelenjaeger
With our offense getting into its flaw, we will hopefully take this one on the road.

107-93 Mavs.
into its flow???? yeah that would help, but lets expose the other team's flaws not our own![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-26-2003, 07:14 PM   #34
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

112-99. But not as easy as it looks.

I would like to see Howard or Daniels stealing some from Barbosa (hope he plays). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-26-2003, 08:57 PM   #35
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

tight game tonight. Mavs win 99-94 in a sqeaker.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 09:08 PM   #36
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road

Mavs 110 Suns 95

Our home stretch play is going to carry over on this one.
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 09:21 PM   #37
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

What's with the layup drill? Stoudamire and White making dunks and layups.
Old 11-26-2003, 09:22 PM   #38
Chiwas
Guru

12-13

Old 11-26-2003, 09:25 PM   #39
Chiwas
Guru

Fortson is just very short to score underneath against their big players.

Old 11-26-2003, 09:26 PM   #40
Chiwas
Guru

Dang, Nowitzki is down.