Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-13-2011, 11:34 AM   #1
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all
Default Community...

Well, it's been a long time since I visited these boards; stopped by to see what some Mavs fans were saying about the finals victory... I was very surprised to see that a ton of people that I remember from here are still active (chumdawg, sike, Murphy, etc.) and I have to admit it did my heart good to see this! You guys have stuck together as a community, and stuck together as true Mavericks fans...

So, congrats to you all and your team on winning it all; they definitely deserved it...

Thanks guys, and I hope everyone is doing well...

--Zach
Old 06-13-2011, 01:40 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

It is so good to see you again.. a couple other of my favorites dropped by as well. I'm hoping that you're enjoying this as well.

As for me..well, my posting has slowed down considerably although I've spent more time on here since the start of the playoffs..

But, it's awesome, isn't it?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:22 PM   #3
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

hi hi hi hi Welcome back!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:02 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Now if Dooby would drop by.. hoopsmeister...mavsfanfinley... madape... strum und drang, and dozens more

Last edited by Murphy3; 06-13-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:01 PM   #5
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

irontoad is the kind of quality member this board was built on...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:48 PM   #6
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Now if Dooby would drop by.. hoopsmeister...mavsfanfinley... madape... strum und drang, and dozens more
Don't forget DrBio. :P
Old 06-13-2011, 09:50 PM   #7
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Irontoad, You plan to stick around now, right?

It is great that some of the originals came back - so nice to see you all. Surely the others are at least remembering the good times and the heartaches shared here.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:50 AM   #8
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Thank you all for your kind words!

Murph - thanks man and yeah, it sure is awesome... a beautiful thing.

Sike - thanks man, I appreciate that!

Smiles - yeah, I'm definitely going to stick around... I missed you guys and this place!
irontoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:25 PM   #9
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by irontoad View Post
Well, it's been a long time since I visited these boards; stopped by to see what some Mavs fans were saying about the finals victory... I was very surprised to see that a ton of people that I remember from here are still active (chumdawg, sike, Murphy, etc.) and I have to admit it did my heart good to see this! You guys have stuck together as a community, and stuck together as true Mavericks fans...

So, congrats to you all and your team on winning it all; they definitely deserved it...

Thanks guys, and I hope everyone is doing well...

--Zach
Nice to see you, irontoad. And yes, the community here is quite strong, and quite long-lasting, isn't it? It does make it seem extra special.

Here's looking forward to the day when we can all say, "I was around for the first one!"
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:43 PM   #10
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Look at all the OG's in this thread.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:15 PM   #11
irontoad
Golden Member

Chumdawg - You too man! Yeah, it was awesome seeing so many of the same posters, as well as seeing some of the same familiar threads still going strong...
Old 06-15-2011, 04:43 PM   #12
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

People are coming out of the woodwork! Wowza!
Old 06-15-2011, 04:53 PM   #13
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

oh yeah... memories... what would we be without them?
nice to see who is still alive :-)
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:34 PM   #14
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novice#41 View Post
oh yeah... memories... what would we be without them?
nice to see who is still alive :-)
Great to see you again! It's nice to reconnect over the shared joy of a dream come true!