Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-01-2008, 07:46 AM   #2401
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxsuns
To see the look in the eyes of Denver's players were awesome. Nene and Camby gloating, staring down Amare in the first. Only to get murdered by him in the second half. Don't awake the beast.
That reminds me of the Mavs-Suns series a couple seasons back when Tim Thomas blew a kiss to Dirk (was it after a block?) and provoked the UberMan to go off for 50 points...

I wish our beast was around to be awoken...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-01-2008 at 07:47 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2008, 11:02 AM   #2402
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxsuns
DOMINATION!

All of them were beasting. Denver didn't know what hit them. We most likely will lose tommorrow thanks to our idiot coach playing 7 players, but for tonight I couldn't be more excited as a fan. The most thrilling game of the season by far. When this team plays up to its capabilities no one can stop us.
This is what literally every fan of every elite team in the NBA thinks. Boston fans say the same thing. So do Detroit fans. And SA fans. One of you has to be wrong. In fact, 3 of you have to be wrong.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 04-01-2008 at 11:03 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:12 PM   #2403
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

never thought I would say this but...

GO SUNS! GO SPURS!
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:13 PM   #2404
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
That reminds me of the Mavs-Suns series a couple seasons back when Tim Thomas blew a kiss to Dirk (was it after a block?) and provoked the UberMan to go off for 50 points...

That's exactly what I thought of when someone posted that Nash went off after Carter got him in the face.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:32 PM   #2405
fluid.forty.one

I just realized that I have no idea who's in the playoff picture in the east besides Boston, Detroit and Cleveland.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:45 PM   #2406
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
I just realized that I have no idea who's in the playoff picture in the east besides Boston, Detroit and Cleveland.
Orlando...

The Wizards are in 5th place with their 38-36 record (for comparison - the Blazers' 38-36 record in the West puts them at 10th place...)

Old 04-01-2008, 02:20 PM   #2407
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

Its so hard to beat a team twice in two days... but hopefully phoenix can do it. SA please beat GS...
Old 04-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #2408
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog

TimTom dunked. And his team was behind I think.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:17 PM   #2409
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
TimTom dunked. And his team was behind I think.
That's right...

I think that "kiss of death" earned Tim-Tim a one-way ticket out of Phoenix!

Old 04-01-2008, 04:19 PM   #2410
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Ooooo sucks to be Denver....Suns twice in a row....The Mavs are getting some light at the end of the tunnel....

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:00 PM   #2411
phxsuns

phxsuns is a jewel in the roughphxsuns is a jewel in the roughphxsuns is a jewel in the roughphxsuns is a jewel in the rough

I remember that game when TT blew a kiss at Dirk and called him soft as a .. lets say a woman's genitalia.

At the time it happened I burst out laughing cause I couldn't believe the camera caught a player saying that. But then something happened inside Dirk and he proceeded to stomp us into the ground. Man that was heartbreaking cause I felt had we won that game we would have closed out the series at home.

I think that was the game Dirk a hall of famer for me. When Cuban went on the talk show and said Dirk should have won the MVP that year, my fellow Suns fan were pissed at him but I said he was right. It should have went to Dirk in 06, giving him the MVP last year just felt like them appologizing for screwing it up the year before.
phxsuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:48 PM   #2412
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Go Spurs. Go Orlando. Go Phoenix.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:21 PM   #2413
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

GO SACRAMENTO!
Old 04-01-2008, 07:53 PM   #2414
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

Warriors looking sharp tonight
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:00 PM   #2415
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

Great Manu block on Davis
Old 04-01-2008, 08:01 PM   #2416
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shot Rob
Warriors looking sharp tonight
Word ! That´s what i though right now
Old 04-01-2008, 08:07 PM   #2417
amuseddaysleeper

amuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the rough

Ginobili is such as a badass
amuseddaysleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:11 PM   #2418
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Devin with 17/3/3 ( 4 min to go in 3rd )
Old 04-01-2008, 08:15 PM   #2419
amuseddaysleeper

amuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the rough

NO/ORL looks to have a good finish

hopefully NO loses
amuseddaysleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:45 PM   #2420
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Can a brutha get a link to the Dubs game?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:51 PM   #2421
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Can a brutha get a link to the Dubs game?
Link
Old 04-01-2008, 08:55 PM   #2422
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Magic had a huge choke job in the 4th quarter and NO gets the 1 point win.

The Spurs are up 9 at the half. The 3rd should be starting soon.

Denver is up 7 on the Suns.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:19 PM   #2423
Big Shot Rob

Spurs up by 13 going into the 4th
Old 04-01-2008, 09:21 PM   #2424
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
Go Spurs. Go Orlando. Go Phoenix.
Don't we want N.O. to win the West? It looks like if we get in we'll slide in at 8 and I certainly don't want to play the Spurs in the 1st round if it can be avoided. Or are you assuming that we'll finish 7th?
Old 04-01-2008, 09:23 PM   #2425
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
Don't we want N.O. to win the West? It looks like if we get in we'll slide in at 8 and I certainly don't want to play the Spurs in the 1st round if it can be avoided. Or are you assuming that we'll finish 7th?
She must be assuming they'll finish 7th. Certainly a dangerous assumption. I don't know whether to root for NO to win or not at this point cause I don't know where we'll finish...wish I could see the future.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:24 PM   #2426
Big Shot Rob

Up 19
Old 04-01-2008, 09:24 PM   #2427
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
I assume we'll finish 7th.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:25 PM   #2428
Big Shot Rob

Spurs by 21; 19-0 run
Old 04-01-2008, 09:26 PM   #2429
fluid.forty.one

go, spurs, go!
Old 04-01-2008, 09:31 PM   #2430
Big Shot Rob

Finley hits pair of threes
Old 04-01-2008, 09:33 PM   #2431
Big Shot Rob

Up 25 in last 7 minutes
Old 04-01-2008, 09:33 PM   #2432
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Holy crap. What was that by the Spurs just now? They just went off on the Warriors and put the game out of reach.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:34 PM   #2433
fluid.forty.one

Come on Phoenix, make another comeback!

They probably don't even want us in the playoffs though...
Old 04-01-2008, 09:34 PM   #2434
SkullLeader

SkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the rough

thank you spurts.

Edit: Spurs (just for now)

help me fight cancer. click on the link above
SkullLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:35 PM   #2435
SkullLeader

SkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the roughSkullLeader is a jewel in the rough

and nash has a crap-tastic 16 assists already. Wow.

help me fight cancer. click on the link above
SkullLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:36 PM   #2436
Big Shot Rob

Up 30
Old 04-01-2008, 09:38 PM   #2437
fluid.forty.one

4-point Denver lead..
Old 04-01-2008, 09:41 PM   #2438
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

PHX and SAS a really tanking. Unbelievable.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:42 PM   #2439
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk
PHX and SAS a really tanking. Unbelievable.
huh? SA is tanking with a 30ish point lead?
Old 04-01-2008, 09:43 PM   #2440
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Spurts out-rebound the warriors 51-34... Al Harrinton gets 9 points. Guess Duncan couldn't cover him.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote