Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-10-2005, 01:30 AM   #521
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Dallas @ Suns Round 2 - Game 1

"kit gloves"?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2005, 01:31 AM   #522
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with you, girl. I'm looking forward to an Ape rant, and I'm getting ready to cut Damp free myself, too. I've been as big a Damp supporter as anyone, and frankly, he has really let me down. Actually, maybe I deluded myself. I didn't want to hear that he was slow of foot (which I think is his biggest problem these days), or that he had stone hands. Or that he was someone you shouldn't count on to raise his level of play in the playoffs. Or any of that stuff. But now...I don't know.

The biggest thing that irks me, though, is that it's not Damps fault. Oh, what supreme irony that the Mavs braintrust feels that our best chance to go further in the playoffs is to add a center of Damp's caliber, and now that we're in the playoffs he can't participate (effectively, at least) against our first two opponents.

You zig when you should zag...
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 01:33 AM   #523
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, that was it. It seems like Damp's been treated with "kit gloves" somewhat. I think the coaching staff has been incredibly patient with him, as well as his teammates.

How many times this year has Damp fumbled an entry pass out of bounds or not been able to secure a rebound. Its been frustrating. At some point, its bound to frustrate his teammates as well.

And why the heck would he even think about hanging out at the perimeter after the screen? Does he think he's Raef LaFrentz or something!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 01:37 AM   #524
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Kit gloves? They are "kid" gloves, Sikeymonkey. Baby goats. Kids. Soft.

Like Damp!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 01:39 AM   #525
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Dallas @ Suns Round 2 - Game 1

Quote:
mary:

How many times this year has Damp fumbled an entry pass out of bounds or not been able to secure a rebound.
one thousand two hundred and seventy-three.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 01:49 AM   #526
KennyDirk

KennyDirk is on a distinguished road

i was at the game tonite at phx...yeh only mavs fan at phx....so excited thinking i'd throw it down all the suns cocky fans....all i gotta say is...im pulling a rasheed wallace here and say for the suns "They will not win game 2...i repeat they will not win game 2"....A blowout is good..it can wake us up...the mavs will win as I believe.....and if any of ya r in phx...come watch the game wed nite at the MU....btw...i also boo'ed Nash after the trophy...felt good....but i couldnt bare the game.......i think we need to switch on nash...i'd rather have jet on q and someone like fin or quis on nash....remember 2 years go against the spurs fin took it upon himself to guard parker and actually shut him down...we need to do that here...someone like christie can stop nash...and thats what we need on the mavs to stop nash..
Old 05-10-2005, 01:58 AM   #527
TVI

TVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: Captain Disaster
Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
If Phx makes it out of this series, they land on their ass at the hands of the third Texas franchise.
That's a great point because Duncan can probably hang with Amare and Parker Ginobli will get to the line. I still think that Phoenix will beat them.
I dunno...San Antonio went 2-1 against Phoenix this season, and the only loss was a 6 point defeat in Phoenix without Duncan. I think the Spurs' transition defense really takes away the Suns' greatest strength.

Old 05-10-2005, 02:33 AM   #528
KennyDirk

KennyDirk is on a distinguished road

The spurs will shred the suns *if* they beat the mavs...notice i say *if*...all we need is one game in phx...game 2....Amare is going to get his, we need to do what we did in game 7...if u noticed against the rockets...the mavs changed their pick & roll defense against yao and t-mac...when dirk was guarding yao...when yao sets the pick dirk instead of trying to block off t-mac would kinda stand few steps back...the result would be that he'd be there to stop yao from getting an easy basket which t-mac wouldd create and 2 and it took t-mac away...same should be done for amare..cuz he likes to drive and dunk...give him spacin but not too much and so he'd have to beat us with his outside jumper which wont always fall..at the same time shut the perimeter plays...like JJ & Q..Q i know we can contain..its JJ i'm worried about hes soo good high % shots and also whooptie baskets near the whole...plus he always kills us...we need an answer for him...and a bigger defender for nash
Old 05-10-2005, 06:15 AM   #529
Steve13

Steve13 will become famous soon enoughSteve13 will become famous soon enough

amare owned the spurs this year...and they have not had many problems scoring against then and suns havn't played the spurs with the roster they have now.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:39 AM   #530
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

the suns have no answers for ginobili..that's why they've had so much trouble with the spurs.

The one game they were up by 20 in the 4th, ginobili basically pulled a t-mac and caught fire.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 09:56 AM   #531
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Reasons the Mavs lost:

1) The Mavs didn't show them any fight until it was over.
2) Too many unforced turnovers plays right into Phoenix hands.
3) The Mavs allowed Phoenix to dictate the tempo.

The good thing is that all 3 are correctable. The Mavs after a game 7 is expected to be a little flat, but to show no fight is unexcusable. They need to have an attack dog mentality and take the fight to the Suns.

The Suns are too good for the Mavs to throw away the ball. They must take care of the ball. It's so simple, but so true. This is correctable if the focus is there.

Allowing Phoenix to dictate tempo is tied to the lack of fight. When coaches talk about exerting your will on your opponent, this means dictating tempo as well, and it won't happen if you don't compete.

So for game 2, Dallas must show more fight, more focus and more f'ing "tempo dictation".
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote